Captain Emrah Jackson Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A gust of dusty wind blew into the cabin as he swung it open. I couldn't see outside, but I heard the owner's voice over the now diminished wind.

"I'm here to fit the auxiliary tanks."

Cirro laughed and told him that wasn't necessary anymore.

"Who are you?" the owner asked, "Where is the lady I was dealing with?"

"Emrah, oh she went back to our ship. She wanted me to tell you we don't need this ship after all. I was to collect the credits."

"Your ship, you are a crewman aboard the Siren's Kiss."

"That's right," Cirro said, in a relaxed way.

"Ah I see, well okay then. Just let me get those credits for you."

Cirro stepped back from the entrance slightly and gave Rhet a smile. When he turned back there was a loud flash and a lazer bolt him squarely in the chest sending him back into the cabin.

Rhet panicked immediately and sprang to his feet. With my mouth now free I called out as loud as I could.

"There is a man in here with a pistol," I shouted.

It was too late as the owner was already heading through the door. My warning did make him pause at just the right second as Rhet's shot missed his head by inches. The old man fired back blindly and hit Rhet square in the shoulder. He fell back against the deck clutching it.

"Anyone else in there?"

"Just me," I called back.

With his gun in hand, he stepped into the cabin. He told Rhet not to move as he picked up his discarded pistol. Then he saw me bound on the floor. He looked at me for a few seconds before smiling.

"I knew the Siren's Kiss was all female crew," he said, with a wink.

***********

The owner had untied me while keeping his gun trained on the wounded Rhet.

"Did they hurt you?"

"They gave me a truth drug, and then assaulted me in the back room."

He shook his head. "I'm sorry about that," he said, then he asked if we were in any danger still.

"No, they haven't been able to use their comms. People are still looking for me, but we are safe right now."

I told him that because I was still under the influence of the drug, I would prefer that he didn't ask me any more questions.

He chuckled and told me he understood. "Just one though, do you still want me to fit those tanks?"

I smiled and told him I did. He left me to my business and said he was going to start right away.

Rhet was in a bad way, his face had lost all colour and there was a sheen of sweat on his brow. I picked up Cirro's gun as the old man went about his task.

"What are you going to do with me?" Rhet asked, in a pained voice.

"I am going to kill you, and bury you next to your friend." In my current state, I could only tell him the truth.

"No," he said, weakly, "you don't have to do that. I won't come looking for you, I could even tell Hutther you escaped."

"I know, you could, but I want to kill you as a punishment for what you did to me."

"Wait," he said, quickly. "I have money that."

I shot him in the head before he could finish his sentence. After dragging their bodies out onto the dusty surface, I dug a shallow grave for them. The old man was busying himself on the shuttle and he paid me no mind as I buried the men. He was a grizzled man and must have seen it all.

Eventually, the effects of the drug started to wear off. Where everything had seemed heightened, now things started to become more mundane and muted. It had all been a surreal experience and one that almost felt dreamlike, not unlike my experience with the perfume. Thankfully this had only ended with no one else being hurt.

"The tanks are fitted now." the old man said, as he wiped his hands on a greasy rag.

"Great. Once you've fueled it up and supplied it. I will get out of your hair, oh and thank you. You saved my life."

He shrugged. "Pirates are my trade, just think of me again if you ever need a ship."

************

Using the comms in the shuttle, I contacted Antoinette. I was a bit wary about her being there alone with Alissia. I explained briefly what had happened and told her to find a group of girls from the Siren's Kiss, and go with them back to the ship. I would be bringing the shuttle to them. Our ship would be guarded and well out of reach of any trouble.

With that done I took the shuttle over to where the Siren's Kiss was docked. They were waiting for me sheltering behind some nearby cases.

Antoinette was pleased to see me, but Alissia still look confused. I was going to have to let fate decide her future now.

"Are you okay?" Antoinette asked, with a look of concern.

I told her I was fine and we should be getting Alissia out of here as soon as we could.

"I want to go too," she said, suddenly.

"Really? To Earth?

She smiled. "I do. To the UEN, where you are from and people like you."

I couldn't help but feel a little choked up at her kind words.

She explained she was no pirate, and this was not a life for her. Part of me was sad to be saying goodbye to her, but another part was glad. At least Alissia would have someone to keep her company.

I showed them around the ship, and did my best to go through the basic controls with Antoinette. She was a quick learner, and said it all seemed straight forward. The autopilot would be doing most of the work.

"What should I say when I get to Earth?"

I laughed and said, the destination was Earth, but it would be likely that a UEN patrol vessel would pick her up long before she got that far.

"Just tell them the truth. Who you are, and what happened to Alissia."

"Should I mention you?"

I thought about that and ultimately said no. "Just tell them I was a good samaritan, a pirate turned good. Don't give them my name."

"Okay," she said, with a smile, then she got serious, and suggested I could come with her. I felt my heart tighten at the thought.

"Maybe one day, I have a few things in the free systems to do first. I will look you up when I get back to earth. Come and watch you sing again."

We embraced tightly and I felt tears sting my eyes.

Before they left I spoke to Alissia, sadly her mind was still gone, but I told her she would be safe with Antoinette now.

**********

I watched the shuttle depart and made my way over to the Siren's Kiss. I wasn't going to go back to the hotel. We would be departing in a few days anyway.

When I reached the Siren's kiss, I saw that the hold was being loaded with supplies. and a large refuelling hose was attached to the side. There had been an overhaul of the engines, and other systems. The ship needed them, and would be faster and more agile now.

When I got to the ramp, there was a flurry of activity as girls ran to and fro getting everything ready.

"We're embarking in a few hours," one of them said, to me as she darted passed me. I made my way to the top deck. My new quarters weren't there, but I wanted to see Berta first. I found her on the bridge surrounded by people. She was very busy signing off work orders. I stood for a few moments watching as she effortlessly dealt with the demands. A woman like her would have made it far in the UEN I thought, ruefully.

"Emrah," she said, seeing me. "how was your break?

"It was eventful," I said, and told her I was looking forward to getting back to work. I also informed her that Antoinette was gone. She was surprised to find that I had bought a ship for her, as the money she had given me wouldn't have covered it.

"I got a good deal," I said, vaguely.

Then she took me to a quiet corner and told me that her new second in command was in her quarters and I should go and see her as soon as I could.

"I'm putting her in charge of you for the time being," she said. I knew that was coming and nodded enthusiastically. "She'll need help getting used to this ship. Let me know if there is a problem."

I was about to thank her when a new bunch of digital pads were shoved towards her. I left the chaos and went to see my new superior. She was waiting for me in what had been my quarters. Nothing could have prepared me for who I saw, and as she turned to me, I was frozen to the spot. I knew her.

"Hello, Emrah," she said, with a smile on her lips. Her name was Sakura, and we had met twice before.