All Comments on 'Caribbean Reign Ch. 27-28'

by emmaxin

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wanted to hate this, to see the viscount with his head lolling on the floor as his body spasms its last and he shits himself in a final moment of humiliation.

However, you are going to show him what slavery was like. He will understand how his actions betrayed her heart and raping her left a jagged wound that will scar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hmmm...will be interesting to seeing whether Rafael can put Catherine above his pride and submit to her- submission is not humiliating when someone truly loves and trusts the person they submit to. Moreover, in this case, submission is required for atonement. I had thought Rafael was there in the previous chapter, but not now I'm not totally convinced he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The privileges of the wealthy, still the same now as it was back then, treating people like commodities always turns the abuser into a monster.

That said she’s no angel either, the comment about ridding herself of the baby was vile. It all just needs a large dose of ‘suspension of disbelief’. Artistic license dictates that he fucked the maids just after their ’courses’ but doesn’t take into account that women living in close quarters usually end up synchronising the timing of their periods. It really is a very entertaining read.

Tess (uk)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm disappointed at the outcome of Rafael crashing the wedding as Catherine's father only released her in disgrace for carrying Rafael's brood. I would have thought this would have been an opportunity for Rafael to fall down at her feet and publicly declare his undying love for Catherine in front of her family and her people and this would have paved the road to peace between the families. Rather, she left in disgrace. I feel this needs to be addressed in future for them to truly be equals.

emmaxinemmaxinover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I didn't think this installment would be so controversial, but I hope that you can find satisfaction in where it ends.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremmaxin@emmaxin
Big sucker for historical enemies-to-lovers romances so I figured I'd write one. Posting the whole thing here, but if you can't wait to read it, check it out on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3myNQ1d

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES