Caribbean Reign - Epilogue

Story Info
Rafael and Catherine get their happy ending.
1k words
4.62
7.4k
5

Part 1 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emmaxin
emmaxin
70 Followers

Epilogue -- Catherine's Perspective

The tulle veil drops down from my hairpiece. It is white, even though I'm no longer untouched. Beaded butterflies work their way into my fantastic, unpowdered updo. I've ensured that my second wedding shall be exactly to my liking.

"You know I won't be a virgin on my wedding night," I say.

"If I tire of you, I'm sure there are other holes to explore. The first, being what it is, I can't begin to imagine the wonders of the others."

Rafael pinches my elbow deviously. I pull away with a smile.

"Well then, you better not tire of me."

"Never." He kisses the top of my hand, for once, showing an appropriate amount of public affection.

A wide sash has been cast around my hips. My developing stomach has called for a loosened ensemble, but true to his word, Rafael seems to be enamored by every stretch and crease. According to him, the creation of our child has only made me more radiant.

It seems that more than half of the island has turned out for the wedding, and no one dares comment on our state of affairs -- at least to our faces. The merging of two families and the peace that follows will christen a new Caribbean reign.

The new viscount and viscountess of San Miguel take their places in a high visibility area of the courtyard. After all, the guests must pay their respects. Rafael grumbles at having to entertain all the fortune hunters. I find it a small price to pay for an otherwise faultless ceremony.

One couple stands out against the crowd. They make their way over sheepishly.

Rafael's fist curls into a ball.

I elbow him. "Be polite, they're our relations."

Surely, Rafael wishes to punish them for abandoning me. There is pain there, but I'd rather have us on speaking terms. The situation has made fools of us all.

My father is the first to speak.

"You make a beautiful bride, Catherine."

With a nudge from my mother, he shakes Rafael's hand. "Thank you for taking care of my girl," he says in Spanish, as much as it pains him.

Rafael nods.

My mother grabs my hands.

"All we wanted for you was stability after we're gone," she gushes. "That's why we picked Benjamin. We thought you'd be safe with him."

She turns to my husband. "But this one seems to love you."

Rafael smiles.

My father cuts in, "And now, you'll have a proper title - even if it is one of those damn Spanish ones."

My mother continues, "Don Navarro, as a wedding dowry we offer you the Guînes plantation. Upon our death, we want our daughter to have everything we built, and for you to share it with her."

I put my hand to my mouth, "Oh, Maman!"

They truly have come around. At the end of a half-century feud, the two halves will become one. With the entirety of the island under his command, it's quite likely that Rafael will be awarded a full countship and be given the status of "grandee." And more importantly, it means that I can keep both Rafael and my family.

The viscount is equally stunned. "I will not let you down, monsieur."

"See to it that you don't," says Papa.

My parents take their leave to socialize amongst the other guests. Nearby, a well-dressed pirate swirls liquor with Lucia.

"I can't believe it. They're not even complaining about Jean Portier," I say, dumbfounded. When I insisted on a wedding of my choice, I committed to inviting anyone I so desired. And I've found kindred souls in them both.

"They're French," says Rafael, taking a drink of his own. "They'll just bring it up once they think we can't hear them."

I sigh.

My new husband is stubborn in his ways, despite his acceptance of my heritage. All and all, it's a bit more tolerable seeing how well his velvet coat fits his physique. His gaze keeps slipping to the cleavage I've intentionally kept modest. I suspect he's more than eager to send the guests away.

I turn my eyes back to the party.

At the head table, Benjamin sits with Isabel, fiddling with her napkin. A crane slowly forms from the pink linen. She claps with delight.

Rafael begins to move toward them, "I swear, if that little weasel gets his hands on my sister, I'll - "

"You'll what?"

My steady gaze challenges him to disrupt our carefully planned nuptials. Benjamin's confided secret opens a new possibility to Isabel, one that she might very well prefer. I'm not ready to share all my secrets with my husband.

"Benjamin is a good man, and I promise that he's no threat to our family's honor."

"He cut me," Rafael rolls down his sleeve to where Benjamin had taken a slice of his elbow. A tiny scar, a shade darker than the surrounding skin, persists.

"You deserved it."

He wraps his arm around my waist. "And what did I do to deserve this?"

As he leans closer, I feel his hand slipping down the back of my skirts.

"Excuse me, good sir!"

Rafael bows, "Pardon me, beautiful and wise vizcondesa."

He leans in for a chaste kiss on the lips. I meet him sweetly, careful not to disturb my delicately prepared face.

"Good. You're learning."

Rafael twirls me to the faint descent of our musicians, wrapping his arms around me. "I want us to be partners in this thing -- and I don't want you scheming behind my back."

I untangle myself. "Have you learned nothing from fencing me? You should always watch your back."

With a quick glance sideways, I swat his hindquarters.

Rafael raises his eyebrows. "Catherine Eleanor Marguerite de Guînes, is that any way to handle your new husband? I should have you on your knees for that."

The viscount was especially delighted to learn my sequence of names. Already, I long for my anonymous identity back.

I lift a sweet from a passing tray. "Tell me what leads you to believe that I shall be any more obedient as your wife than as your slave?"

Rafael kisses my forehead.

"Absolutely nothing."

***

Thank you for reading through to the conclusion of Caribbean Reign. Tell me what you thought about the story in the comments! Are you satisfied by the ending? Did everything happen as you expected? What would you be interested in reading next?