Casus Belli Ch. 14: The Flower and the Axe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked down, blushing, and then her thoughts went to what had just happened in the hallway. Those men had really despised her, and wished her ill, which was something she hadn't expected. So maybe the common people didn't think of her as well as she had assumed... And after Loran Bren had told them about her maidens, and about how she had protected the servant girls, one of them had still loathed her. It had to be because of some past wrong doing by the nobles that had hurt him personally, she concluded. She then asked herself how many angry people like him there were in Nigawa.

The number of abused young women alone would be quite large already, she realized, and all those young women then had parents, and brothers and sisters, and lovers... In retrospect, her father's actions, and her own, to improve the position of the commoners, seemed rather inadequate. Had it just been too little too late? So maybe they wouldn't just rise to her call, as Brando had expected, after all. Not that it really mattered anymore, because she had already come to the conclusion that the common people didn't need rescuing from the orcish occupation. And now she realized that, for the Nigawan people, the orcs had really come as liberators. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

***

There wasn't a chronometer inside the office, which wasn't strange, as chronometers were rather expensive, but the result was that she hadn't a clue regarding the passing of time. Going by the feeling in her knees though, she had been in the position of the pleasure slave for more than an hour when a familiar voice coming from the hallway drew her attention. The next moment the door opened, and Fernan Koban came in, followed by her master, Yasso, and Bolar. The human engineer moved towards his desk, and then he froze as his eyes locked on her. Cassandra dropped her head, feeling shame, but knew better than to change position to lessen her exposure.

"Does she have to..." she heard the elderly man start to ask.

"Yes, she has to," her master interrupted him, "because she's a pleasure slave."

"So she can be fucked by everyone, just like a whore, but for free?" Fernan asked next.

Bashuk chuckled, "No." The man looked at him questioningly. "She's also my prize," he further explained, "which means there are rules about who can fuck her and who can't, and in the end, in most cases, my permission is required too."

Fernan Koban nodded his understanding. Did he look disappointed? Cassandra swallowed, Maybe he has good reasons to desire some payback... And where better to collect such payback than inside the ass or cunt of the former leader of those who wronged you. She couldn't even blame him she realized, while watching him move to one of the many bookcases.

The elderly engineer studied the books on one of the shelves for a moment, and then he picked one out and walked over to Yasso with it. "This is a manual for all the tech-work utilized in Bromodin," he said while handing the book to the big orc. "It's what we use to train new maintenance personnel, so there are more copies of it, meaning you can keep this one."

The orcish engineer smiled broadly as he leafed through the book, "Well thank you!"

"It's not just about maintenance," Fernan added, "all the relevant scientific principles are explained too." Yasso nodded, and the human engineer gestured at the door, "Would you now like me to show you the systems inside this building?"

"Yes, please," Yasso said, and then he turned to Bashuk. "If it won't take too much of your time that is, of course, my Lord." The huge Warlord shrugged. "I could take this tour on my own," Yasso offered.

Yes, please, Cassandra thought, as she was pretty sure that, with boilers being involved, the temperature wasn't going to be an issue, and she wasn't looking forward to meeting more of the facilities workers, especially after what had happened in the hallway before.

"No," Bashuk replied, "it's no problem, and I find it interesting too." He gestured at Bolar, "and so does he." The tiniest of whimpers escaped Cassandra, too soft for the human ear to hear, but not for her master's apparently, as he glanced at her instantly. He switched his attention to the still seated Yakha, "Would you mind watching over my prize a little longer?"

The big orc grinned, "No, it's a little boring of course, but that's no problem."

"Feel free to use the available entertainment," Bashuk replied with a wink, "watching over a pleasure slave should never get boring..." Cassandra felt her face turn beet red as the meaning of what her master just said registered. The only other human present was staring at her, and this time his expression communicated concern and, pity? She managed a smile, and he turned abruptly, and led his guests out of his office. Maybe it isn't as bad as those workmen made you fear, she thought.

The door closed, her thoughts returned to what Yakha just got permission for, and she locked her eyes on a spot on the wooden floor about a yard away.

After a moment the big orc chuckled, "Why so shy? with a male you're soon going to be intimate with anyway." She looked up at where he was sitting, pleadingly. "Alright," he reacted, "permission to speak."

"We're in public," she said, sounding upset.

Yakha looked around. "The door's closed, and there's no one outside the windows..."

"It isn't locked," she reacted, "and we're on the ground floor, so someone could walk by and look inside at any moment."

The big orc shrugged, "Yes, but it doesn't matter, because you're a pleasure slave." He sighed, "You should really forget about shame girl. You got fucked in public twice already in the past. You'd better get used to the fact that you will no doubt get fucked in public in the future regularly, and while Bashuk doesn't share his prize easily, he will share when our customs demand it, like he did yesterday, when Yasso arrived. So strangers' cocks will be entering you in the future, and some of those strangers might even be bearing you a grudge, like those two we just met did."

Her eyes widened. "Yes," he said, "we've committed ourselves to treating humans no different than orcs, which means that there will be humans among those strangers too. There might even be human males you know among them, males you once ruled..." She dropped her head. "That's the real issue here, isn't it?" Yakha asked, "the reason being paraded around half naked outside the keep affects you more than being paraded around like that inside the keep." She looked up at him once more, feeling like crying. He sighed, and then he patted his lap, "come here girl." Cassandra got up, moaning her discomfort as her stiffened muscles objected.

"You'll get used to that too," Yakha responded with a smile, and once she got near to him he patted his lap once more, "come, just like you're used to." She hopped onto his lap, snuggled up against him, and he closed his arms around her. It felt strange yet familiar. The big orc placed his cheek against her head, "Don't worry," he whispered, "I'm not going to fuck you, at least not in here, tonight is early enough for me." Cassandra felt herself relax, and then her thoughts went to Syldan, and how important it was to make her friend submit to the big orc currently holding her so lovingly.

***

Maybe an hour had passed when, without any warning this time, the office door opened, and Sir Koban led his guests inside again. The human engineer was clearly surprised by the view of her on Yakha's lap, snuggled up against the big orc. Bashuk wasn't though, "I should have known," the huge Warlord chuckled. She looked back at her master pleadingly. "Permission to speak girl," he reacted.

Cassandra locked eyes with her fellow human, "It's not as bad as it seems Fernan, I'm treated well, and so are the other prizes." She felt herself blush, "To most orcs pleasure slaves are to be pleasured, and not to be abused. And as you know, we nobles do have a debt to pay."

The elderly engineer swallowed, "So it's true then, what the orcs accuse us of I mean."

She nodded, "Yes Fernan, I'm afraid it's all true. Our army was guilty of genocide on them, without justification. It was a simple case of mistaken identity, but the consequences were terrible, which means we should be grateful for the way the orcs are now treating the Nigawan people. They punished those responsible, but up to now they gave me no reason to doubt that they want nothing but the best for the rest of the Nigawan population." She recognized the way Fernan was looking back at her now, as a man taking orders. "That's why I think it best for the Nigawan people to accept the orcs as their new rulers, and cooperate with them as best they can."

Fernan nodded almost imperceptibly, strengthening her belief that he was what she had come to suspect he was; a member of the resistance movement she herself created. The human engineer turned towards her master. "My sincerest apologies to you and your people then, Lord Bashuk" he said next, "and please be assured that I will do my best to keep Bromodin functioning like it always has."

"Thank you Sir Koban, both for your apologies as for your continued service, and for the tour of the facilities you just provided us with," the huge Warlord responded smiling, "and please feel free to visit me at my quarters should any issues arise requiring my attention." Fernan nodded politely, and Cassandra slipped from Yakha's lap as the big orc got up. Bashuk led them out of the office, into an empty hallway, and then out of the building. Once they were on their way back to the keep Yakha asked if the boiler building had proven as full of tech marvels as the engine building had. The answer was that it hadn't but that it had been interesting nevertheless.

"There's a well beneath it, "Yasso started explaining, "from where clean water is pumped up and stored in large reservoirs inside the building's water-tower, from there it is distributed to where it is needed inside the castle. There's also a hot water circuit between the boiler building and the keep. This water is heated inside the wood and coal fired boilers the building was named after, and inside the keep that hot water is used for heating purposes, and to produce warm water with. The water used for washing and bathing is still cold when it arrives at the keep, from the water-tower, and is heated inside the keep itself, by warmth from the hot water circuit. And it is all worked by current driven pumps, whose drive principle is basically the reverse of that from the current generators."

He waved with the book the human engineer had gifted him, "And all the knowledge behind it is in here." He sighed, "And the reason only Bromodin has this system is simply that it is too expensive to build, run, and maintain for general use, which is unfortunate of course..."

"I want you to have a good look at it Yasso," Bashuk chimed in, "maybe you can think of a way to lower the cost the human engineers didn't think of."

The Departure

They arrived back at the keep without incidents, and except for some construction activity inside the entrance hall the building proved less busy than it had been when they left, 'morning rush-hour' was clearly over. Entering the reception room they found Denora and Syldan behind the desk. "You guys missed tea-time," the former said as they came in. Bashuk nodded, and Denora locked eyes with Yasso, "Someone was happy she could stay within the safety of the private chambers first, but became a little anxious when her master still hadn't returned by the time tea got served...."

The big engineer chuckled, "I better go and reassure her then..."

Denora nodded, "There's also a visitor for you," she then said, gesturing at a big orc Cassandra hadn't noticed yet.

The male in question rose, and locked eyes with Yasso, "Congratulations Sir, with your prize."

Yasso smiled, "Thank you Yosin, and you're just who I was looking for... We'll be leaving for Evergreen after lunch, you and your males can wait for me at the stables." He switched attention to Bashuk, "This is Yosin my Lord, the pack-leader of my protective detail."

Cassandra's best guess was that Yosin was older than Bashuk. Her master grinned, "We have met before, in less fortunate circumstances, if my memory serves me right." Yosin nodded. "It's always hard losing members of your pack," the huge Warlord continued, especially if your pack-leader is among them."

Cassandra felt awkward, guilty even. "It spared them from coming home to a devastated community," Yosin answered, "it spared them from having to bury their mates and cubs, like most of us had to." It was a relief that it apparently wasn't the Nigawan army that had killed the males of Yosin's pack, but it got buried beneath the guilt for what had happened afterwards, for which the Nigawan army, her army, had been responsible. His eyes got stuck on her, which was when she realized she was trembling. She wanted to tell him how sorry she was, but she wasn't allowed to speak, and in a reflex she moved towards him, and hugged him, pressing her cheek against his chest.

A short silence fell. "My prize, also the former ruler of Nigawa," Bashuk introduced her.

The big orcs muscular arms closed around her. "It's okay," he said softly, "we all know Lord Bashuk would never have accepted you if you were to blame." It was difficult to remain silent, but she managed, and after a moment she let go, and as Yosin let go too she returned to her position next to her master. "We will be waiting for you as ordered," Yosin then said to Yasso, after which he saluted his Warlord and left. Cassandra watched him leave, and as the doors closed behind him she felt her master's hand on her head. His thick fingers ruffled her hair, and as she looked up at him he smiled contently.

They moved back to the living room, Bashuk half stumbled in the private hallway, and as they entered the first thing she noticed, except for the four pack-girls sitting at the couches, was the lithe pleasure slave kneeling in the faraway corner. Lily was studying the floor in front of her, and the girls were busy chatting, but their whole posture told her they hadn't been for long. Cassandra looked up at her master sideways, to find him looking back at her, and then he winked. Yasso was unaware of course, and once they had all sat down at the couches he addressed his prize, "Lily? come sit with your master."

The girl looked up, her face showing surprise, and when Yasso patted his lap she smiled happily and was on said lap in a flash. Cassandra watched her snuggle up against her master, and then she snuggled up against her own master too. Yasso had addressed his prize by her name, in public. She looked up at her master, straight into his by now familiar 'told you so face'. She reacted by rubbing her naked butt over his crotch, promising him carnal pleasure. He reacted by caressing her hair, and then he addressed Yasso, "So you will be leaving us for Evergreen after lunch..."

Yasso smiled, and then he winked, "Yeah, the food is simply too good at this place..."

Bashuk chuckled, "Yes, it is, that human cook I sort of inherited is simply amazing."

The males then talked about Yasso's current task; reconstructing the burned bridges at Windagon, and restoring the connectivity with the northern shires. "So what do you want me to do next?" Yasso then asked his commander, "once I have completed the job at Windagon."

Bashuk seemed to think for a moment, "The bridges at Rogin and Bulness need rebuilding too," he then said, "but my gut feeling tells me not to rebuild those, not yet at least, because of the uncertain strategical situation..." He scratched his chin. "As long as we haven't established the position of Mercandon towards us, towards the new orcish rulers of Nigawa, we shouldn't be rolling out the red carpet for them so to say. And the same goes for the Lorasians... What I want you to do, once the Windagon project doesn't need your personal attention anymore, is to have a look at the bridges at Bornum and Soudra. I want you to make sure we can destroy them should the Lorasians prove less than friendly..."

"They are torchable," Cassandra chimed in, "or at least they were before your army encircled Bornum and Soudra... The only bridge that's not torchable is the one at Roha, but that bridge is considered untakable."

"She's right about the bridge at Roha," Yasso said, "I had a look at it before we decided to bridge the Amunda at Bracken forest." He grinned, "That entire city is a fortress like I never saw one before. Its defenses were designed by a genius. I learned a lot about defensive structures just by looking at that city."

"The defenses of Roha were built over the millennia," Cassandra said, "they were the result of many wars with both Mercandon and Loras."

Yasso reacted by letting loose a barrage of questions concerning Nigawa's many defensive structures at the countries former ruler, and after Cassandra had answered all of them he chuckled. "I'm starting to see the advantages of granting one's prize speaking privileges," he told his host.

"Yes," Bashuk replied with a grin, "They sure can have more uses than keeping one's balls empty..."

Cassandra blushed, and Lily looked up at her master hopefully. Yasso reacted by locking eyes with his prize, and caressing her face with his fingers. "Alright," he then said, "but only when we're in private..." Lily beamed, and Yasso gestured around him, "private including Lord Bashuk's pack."

The girl reacted by wrapping her arms around him, for as far as she could reach, "Thank you master," she then said, while happy tears wet her blushing cheeks.

***

They talked some more about the general strategical situation, then the other males returned from whatever tasks they had been ordered to perform, and lunch time arrived unnoticed. They had dumplings once more, one of her favorites. It was also the first food she had shared with her master, on the day of the surrender ceremony. That was just eight days ago now, but it felt like an eternity. Yasso asked what the food was, and it was Polly who replied, just like she had done on that fateful day. "Dumplings Sir, with spicy sauce. They are filled with cabbage, onions, garlic, and pork," she explained happily.

Yasso proved pleasantly surprised, and they had a nice meal in a relaxed atmosphere. Afterwards Yasso got up, Lily slipped from his lap as he did, and then Polly got up to. "Don't leave yet," the petite blonde told their guest, while the others all got up too. She left the living room, to return a couple of minutes later, carrying a pair of sturdy looking ankle high shoes, and what looked like a water-proof hooded cape. Cassandra smiled, as she realized what was coming. Polly ended up in front of Yasso, and lifted the shoes into view, "These are for Lily," she then said, "she has my foot size, so they should fit her." Lily's master rubbed his chin, and then he took the shoes and handed them to his prize.

Polly then handed him the hooded cape, and Yasso eyebrows rose as he studied the water-proof garment. He looked up at the petite blonde, "It's early summer..."

Polly sounded defensive as she reacted, "It can still get wet and cold, and it's a long way to Windagon."

"Alright," Yasso chuckled, "you've convinced me, I was more surprised at the gesture really." He went to stash the cape inside his nearby bag, and when he returned he told a demure looking Lily to try on the shoes.

The girl squatted down, and tried the right shoe first, but only managed to get her foot halfway inside. She pulled back, and put her hand inside instead, and out came a pink sock. Polly giggled, and Lilly, after checking with her master, put on the sock, smiling. The other shoe provided a second pink sock, and once the girl had both shoe's on and laced up, she stood and looked down at her feet. The socks made the brown leather shoes look cute. "Good fit?" Polly asked. Lily just stared back at her for a moment, and then she rushed up to her and hugged her fiercely. Polly hugged her back, chuckling, "It's alright, they're just my old work-shoes, from when I was still a lowly stable-hand."

1...345678