Casus Belli Ch. 14: The Flower and the Axe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yasso's prize let go of her, looking guilty. "It's all in the past," Polly said softly, "and I bear the nobles no grudge. There were good and bad ones, just like with the ordinary people."

Lily hugged her once more. "Thank you so much," she whispered.

"It's okay," Polly reacted. She gestured at Yasso's bag, "Just take good care of that cape, it kept me warm and dry all the way from Coltan to Iriskan."

Lily wiped her wet cheeks, and Yasso slapped Kasho on the shoulder. "You're a lucky male, you better take good care of this little gem...," their guest said, making the little gem blush.

"We can't accompany you outside and see you off," Denora then told Lily, "because we aren't supposed to be part of the pack yet. Yasso's prize nodded her understanding, and then the girls all gave her a warm goodbye hug one by one, while Yasso donned his gear.

"What?" Yasso said, once they had all hugged Lily and stood back once more, looking uncertain, "no hugs for me?" Denora smiled, and then Yasso got his hugs too. Leavy went last, and the big orc smiled at her as she let go of him. He reached out and caressed her cheek, and then he locked eyes with Kurgan, "You'd better take good care of this one, she has gifted you her heart already." The platinum blonde blushed shyly, and Kurgan smiled back at Yasso.

"Alright," Bashuk said, "time for you to get underway, or you won't be able to make Evergreen before nightfall." Yasso picked up his bag, and Cassandra followed her master as he led his guest out of the private chambers. With all six males in attendance she, and Lily, got largely shielded from curious eyes, and as they neared the stables she noticed Yosin and two other large males waiting for them, standing next to four big kurtzes. "Have you considered making Yosin and his pack your own yet?" Her master asked Yasso. The big engineer nodded. "I'm sure Yosin would be glad to become second in command once more," the huge Warlord added.

Yasso gestured at his prize, "Yes, but there's now an extra complication... You know how I feel about sharing."

"There's only three of them," Bashuk replied, "and I'm sure they would be reasonable, and not ask for too much access, but I understand how you're feeling." The closer they got to them, the more impressive the kurtzes became. Cassandra had already met the beasts inside the stables, but outside, in clear daylight, they seemed bigger and more menacing still. As they ended up next to them, and the males started saying their goodbyes, one of the muscular beasts lowered her big head towards her. Cassandra reached out and rubbed the offered chin, "Hi Bilza," she whispered. Lily was standing next to her, looking frightened. Cassandra checked her surroundings, and established the males were well distracted. "Just rub her chin like I do," she whispered at the girl, "but don't move too suddenly, because that might scare her."

Lily hesitated, and then she did as she'd been told, and Bilza started to purr. "This is your master's new companion," Cassandra then whispered at the huge animal, "will you look after her for me?" The huge head moved to Lily, and the purring intensified.

"Does she understand?" Lily whispered, sounding amazed.

"I'm not sure," she answered, "but Bashuk told me they are fairly intelligent." That was when she noticed her master looking at her, and she blushed, feeling caught.

Yasso appeared next to him, and slapped Bashuk's broad shoulder, and then he moved in front of her. Cassandra yelped as the big orc plucked her from her feet, and hugged her against his chest, "I know who I have to thank for my prize," the big orc then said, "she told me everything." He kissed her on her forehead, and then he put her down again, while behind him Yosin and his two males were mounting up. Yasso turned and attached his bag to the back of Bilza's saddle, and then he took the reins, and the huge beast squatted so he could mount her. Lily was looking up at him, looking frightened, and once in the saddle he reached down towards her, "Take my hand."

Lily turned around, gave Cassandra a fierce hug, and then she turned back and reached up with both hands. The girl took hold of the big hand her master offered her, and then she yelped as he lifted her up towards him effortlessly. Cassandra noticed the second much smaller saddle in front of his own, and then Lily got lowered on it, and the girl's master told her to grab the leather handle bar protruding from its front. "Could you check her feet for me?" Yasso then asked Bashuk, who just nodded, and stepped up to Bilza's flank. There was a second much shorter set of stirrups she hadn't noticed before because, unlike the ones Yasso was using, these were on top of the kurtz's flank protection.

Bashuk adjusted the length of the connecting strap, and then he put Lily's foot inside the stirrup, after which he adjusted the strap once more. Cassandra watched her master move to Bilza's other flank, realizing it was a smart construction, because the flank protection prevented the passenger from inadvertently providing the kurtz with confusing instructions. Bashuk appeared from behind her again, and slapped Yasso's leather clad thigh. "You're all set. Take care, and come report back to me at Bromodin before you move south to Bornum and Soudra."

Yasso nodded, "Will do." He tucked at the reins, and Bilza rose, and then he gestured at Yosin, who reacted by setting his kurtz in motion, immediately followed by the two other males. The big engineer then followed suit, and Bilza fell in behind the three other kurtzes. Cassandra watched them starting to move towards the eastern gate, and when she noticed Lily waving in the direction of the keep, and looked up at it, there were six pale faces behind the third floor windows of the southern tower. Yasso turned Bilza left to exit through the gate, and Lily looked around him, back at her, waving and smiling.

She waved back until her fellow prize disappeared from sight, and then a pair of huge arms closed around her from behind, and pulled her against her master's reassuring bulk. "Don't worry, she's going to be alright now," Bashuk said softly.

***To be Continued***

Copyright (c) 2023

Banbeck, All Rights Reserved.

This work may not be published whether for fee or free without this copyright.

Note from the author:

If you appreciate this series, please take the couple of seconds needed to rate this chapter and/or the couple of minutes needed to write a comment.

Doing so is important, because without your feedback I'm flying blind.

And also, just for your information, nothing motivates me as much as good feedback.

Thanks in advance :)

1...345678