Caught! Pt. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Margeaux could tell Jon had been with other women that day. "You look very . . . relaxed," she said, grinning. "Now, what could possibly account for that?" she asked.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Jon said.

Margeaux sat on his lap. "Am I being the best girlfriend possible?" she asked. "Am I the best of all possible girlfriends?"

"You are the best of the best," Jon said.

"I love you."

Margeaux was startled. Jon had never used that word before.

"I love you too," she said.

And she did. They both did. This was the happiest Jon had been since the early days of his romance with Samantha, when they were teaching each other all the ways loving couples expressed their affection. Margeaux had never been happier. She'd experienced some tough times in her life. Being with Jon was like an extended vacation from the hard parts of her past.

But she knew that they had to have a conversation about that someday. She wasn't going to mention it then, because she didn't want to spoil such a nice moment. But she'd eventually explain to Jon that their romance could not continue past graduation. There were lots of reasons. Jon was a brainiac who was going to head to grad school somewhere and do brainiac things. Margeaux was going to move to New York City, become a model, and start living a lifestyle that wasn't compatible with being in a committed relationship with anyone, especially a brainiac who wasn't comfortable in the world of fashion.

Mainly, however, Margeaux couldn't stay in love with Jon forever because she was broken. She did a good job hiding it, but she'd eventually tell Jon what had happened to her, what it did to her, and why it meant she couldn't always be with him.

Until then, she would be the best of all possible girlfriends.

12