Celia

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"W...what do you mean?" I said, heaving.

"Our baby. She is my legacy to you. I was not to stay around for long. I knew it deep down. Always did. But she will. Love her. Cherish her. Love her as much as you have loved me. More, if you can. She is why I survived this long. Because I had a purpose. She is it. You are it. You both are it. Please love her, as much as you love me! No! More! Love her more, Bobby!" she said and wailed in my heaving arms.

I couldn't even talk. I just hoped that it was all a bad joke, a bad dream. I just couldn't lose her.

------------------------------------------------

"Save her!"

These were her last words. They were the milestone that both ended and restarted my life. Celia, the love of my life, left this world while Celeste, our daughter, entered it. She had made me take a solemn oath that the baby's life had priority over hers at all times. It was a desperate C-section. When she was born, I put her on the lifeless body of her mother, as a final bid farewell. I cried inside more than I could show. After all, I was a father now. My baby needed me. Our baby. I had promised. And I intended to keep my promise. For life.

Celeste grew up to be a beautiful girl, then a great woman, then a mother herself. She followed her mom's footsteps, Psychiatry. Thank the Universe, no lung condition, or any other serious ailment. A very healthy young woman. Her mom's look-alike. Every time I laid my eyes on her, it brought so many memories. And a feeling I could only describe as bittersweet. I loved my daughter beyond measure. But I also couldn't stop myself from reminiscing about her mother. How could I? She was her legacy after all, her own words.

Oftentimes she asked me about her mom. It was very difficult for me, a stoic man, not to be reduced to a puddle of tears wailing about the other half of my soul not near me anymore. I tried to show her how I saw her. She never met her herself, except that one time at the hospital, but I hope she carries her inside her as a beautiful memory, even if that memory is, in fact, mine.

As for myself, I never got over her. I just couldn't. I sparsely tried dating, but it was futile. I had experienced the ultimate. There was no comparison. Nobody measured up. Nobody would ever. Nobody could ever.

I always missed her! Throughout my life I dreamed of her beautiful self, us talking, cuddling, making love. Professing our love to each other. And then I woke up to a life without her. And I mourner her anew, every single time.

The only thing that kept me alive all this time was Celeste, my dreams with Celia and my work. My loves on this world.

But everything comes to an end someday.

Today I am leaving. I just know it. I am ready. I am at peace with it all. My beautiful girl is a strong woman, and she knows where to put me. Next to Her. As the song says, My one and only love. I was lucky enough to have one. Not many do.

I have an appointment with a beautiful lady. The love of my life.

Don't want to keep her waiting.