All Comments on 'Century Traveler'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 344 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Great story! But 23 pages. Please break it up multiple parts in the future.

5

TexScotTexScotalmost 2 years ago

Another GREAT 👍 read from BurntRedstone!

ChrisrovChrisrovalmost 2 years ago

WOW

I can only say that I’m looking forward to the next part of this story.

I can see why you have so many followers it was entrancing with a lot hidden till the big reveals.

Brittanyduran86Brittanyduran86almost 2 years ago

4 hours of nontstop reading it was greatness, please please MORE!. Story 5 stars, characters 5 stars, sex 5 stars.

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 2 years ago

Great story; Keeping Portland Weird!

There's at least one sequel here, more likely 2 or 3; can't wait!

getxgetxalmost 2 years ago

This is a great start to a new series.

Mwilliams329Mwilliams329almost 2 years ago

This was pretty awesome. Is it going to be continued or was it just a story on whim?

jskin78jskin78almost 2 years ago

Fantastic story and plot. So many different avenues this can go. I look forward to more Doe stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another great BRS tale, and hopefully one with at least one sequel (or more?). As always a terrific character-driven story that makes you want to read to the end in a single sitting. More please?

Sl33pingforestSl33pingforestalmost 2 years ago

This was a good un looking forward to more.

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago
Kept Me Guessing

I actually read this as an early release from amazon. This is a very unique story with many twists, not much sex but the story really did not suffer from that. A very slow paced entertaining tale 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another OUTSTANDING story

Wildbill314Wildbill314almost 2 years ago

Wow! What else can I say? Great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow that was good. Bring on the next installments!!

dracothorndracothornalmost 2 years ago

5 stars as usual.

So how many years will we have to wait for the next John Doe tale? Your next story is Ben, and you have Henry and Kyle on deck. My only complaint about your writing is the long gap between books.

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 2 years ago

Damn that is a GREAT story!

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 2 years ago

Really entertaining piece. Hope we meet John and his pack again. Thanks for sharing.

LokeAsgard82LokeAsgard82almost 2 years ago
Amazing

Another homerun. Can’t wait to see where you will take us with this outstanding story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Great story!!

Will there be another?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Damn, whenever I see your story, I feel like crying. You are the best, don't keep us waiting tho.

Shackman636Shackman636almost 2 years ago

Another home run from a master story teller. Thank you and please continue this.

Sxualchocol8Sxualchocol8almost 2 years ago

Awesome! Don't forget to save/protect the rest of his friends from the new "evil thing". And please, get Sasha on a leash or something. She's getting on Anna's last nerve! Yoga be damned; Anna is going to beat that child...

Great job!

LeenysmanLeenysmanalmost 2 years ago

A small number of mistakes calling John "Joe", but otherwise perfection.

Although I was a little surprised you never sprung a "John Dough" joke in there once he became a billionaire....

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 2 years ago

Some superb creativity and writing. The name errors(John/Joe, Deron/'Daron) were distracting but didn't really take away from the story. I read it in one sitting, so.... 5* from me.

wrkywrkyalmost 2 years ago

Amazing as always. I've loved your books ever since I found the first Shepherd story. I kind of hate you a little bit for releasing a story in a whole new setting though. It's now one more added to the list of stories that I have to wait impatiently for you to add to. And no matter which one you release next, I'll still be forced to wait for you to work on the others. Ah well, it's a rather lovely problem to have.

mg48mg48almost 2 years ago

Wow! Excellent!!

lostandnevertobefoundlostandnevertobefoundalmost 2 years ago

Simply awesome. Could not stop reading. Don't like being made to stop reading. I concur with the wish for a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely fantastic story as always very happy you left it open for more chapters you sir are a genius

LooselyhumanLooselyhumanalmost 2 years ago

More! I have been missing Shepherd but this has me super stoked for a chapter 2! Also chapter 3, 4, 5...

jfsmithmsjfsmithmsalmost 2 years ago

A absolutely superb story! I am looking forward to the continuing story.

Temper420Temper420almost 2 years ago

Spectacular. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. 5 Stars.

LitCritLitCritalmost 2 years ago

Nice job of creating an interesting universe - Looking forward eagerly to Part 2, Soon, please!

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 2 years ago

One of my pet peeves (and I have many...) is when a story centres around a well known phenomenon in popular culture but doesn't recognise it as a 'thing', like vampire, werewolf and zombie movies that have no recognition of the symptoms presenting themselves in those affected. Now when you got to the part in this tale where John (Joe?) was bitten by the dying 'werewolf' and no one made the instinctive but unbelievable leap of logic to exclaim "Werewolf!" even humorously, then I was immediately liking the story less. But I stuck with it and I'm glad I did, because by the time I finished reading this I really couldn't care less as the whole premise seemed to fit the story well. Spiritual entities inhabiting peoples bodies in different forms, adding supernatural powers and extra instincts and egos is fine to me. I'm also hoping that this will have sequels to continue the tale even though that will make your other story continuations slower to be created, I'm willing to make that tough sacrifice, I'm such a trooper.

Great story, keep it up BRS.

RamazaRamazaalmost 2 years ago

Holy crap, that was a amazing start of an start and what I hope to be a long series of stories, I couldn’t put it down after I was started. I really hope that you have planed more chapter, because could be fantastic.

Well done, and thank you for sharing your work with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting twist on typical tropes...

At least they don't sparkle in the sun! lol! (*That* author deserves to be beaten for doing that horrible disservice to vampire mythology!)

Arc2456Arc2456almost 2 years ago

Outstanding! Hope too see more about John in the future.

ahziwyldemannahziwyldemannalmost 2 years ago

More of this story please

chip812chip812almost 2 years ago

Please, please tell me this is "Chapter 1".

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

I was so happy when I discovered the Author had submitted this story, being my favorite Author of course. Thank youand are we to expect a Chapter 2? Sounded like the end of the season Cliff Hanger to me! 5 BIG FATS BLAZING NOVA STARS!

blkuserblkuseralmost 2 years ago

Taken into another world of Burntredstone what a glorious feeling. Excellent read thanks for sharing this with us

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story! Keep it coming!

richard

alsithalsithalmost 2 years ago
If it's a solid story, it's a Redstone.

Loved it as I usually do. I wasn't sure if you were going to go Angelic or Fae with the white light bit. Good characters, engaging situations.

And as usual, leaving us wanting more.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

At 23 Lit pages long I thought this was going to be a complete story and, while it is, the death of Prescott and the aftermath means others are still after him so I'm hoping there will be sequels. Please.

What else can one expect from a BRS story. A decent plot, great characters, sex and well written throughout. Thanks and a definite 5 ⛤

joesijoesialmost 2 years ago

One of the best stories published here!

Lector77Lector77almost 2 years ago

Nicely done.

Thank you.

L77

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

Where can I get a pint of whatever it is you're drinking? The effects seem absolutely superb and your imagination and characterisation outstanding. I'd say keep up the good work but that seems superfluous.

cabernetguycabernetguyalmost 2 years ago

well....damn! got caught up in the story quickly, and wasted an afternoon. GREAT job, BR! it's fun getting lost in your worlds, with all the details you include. John was kind of Stanley-esque, but in a completely unique and different storyline. Thanks... looking forward to part deux!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 2 years ago

Another 5-star WOW, this story again proves that you are very capable of writing in the magical/supernatural world, much like your Satyr series. Had a question though, regarding a couple of times that John was referred to as Joe, ... was that a typo for his sir-name of Doe, or was the name 'Joe' a left over from a first draft name that was later changed to John? And thank you for leaving this tale wide open for another BurntRedstone series, ... the John Doe series? or the Wolf series? Anyway, I loved it, thank you for sharing, it was a lovely story. ;-) TTFN

dropshot67dropshot67almost 2 years ago

And yet another absolute 5 star story. Thank you

AmbisinisterAmbisinisteralmost 2 years ago

All I can say is......MORE!

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 2 years ago

Damn you! Do you know how tired I am after binging this. Lol 😂 I truly hope this becomes your next epic series.

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 2 years ago

Awesome story with the hope of more to come. What could be better? Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A new shepherd as Ben's story is approaching finale? I hope there's more to come.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

DITTO!

BigDog167BigDog167almost 2 years ago

Man you can write! Great story, great twist on an old story line. I will be letting some friends that like werewolf and vampire type stories know about it. Looking forward to more.

Flar1958Flar1958almost 2 years ago
Something is missing

The talk about his mother. What is about Sutomi? These are the rasons to 4* ohterwise 5* . Maybe a secound chapter?

TjorvenrTjorvenralmost 2 years ago

WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! Oh, sorry for shouting! :)

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwardsalmost 2 years ago

I soooooo.......enjoyed this story and was extremely happy that the possibility of a sequel is out there. I would like to be able to tell you that I read everything in one session, but life has a way of getting in the way and it took two sessions. GREAT IMAGINATION!!!!

AssignedNameAssignedNamealmost 2 years ago

I hope it will not take too long for the sequel. Excellent work.

longslowlicklongslowlickalmost 2 years ago

"A tale I've been waiting for the right moment to publish." He says. Makes me wonder what other tricks you have up your sleeve. Outstanding as always Redstone.

RedshankRedshankalmost 2 years ago

Great story! I can’t wait for the second one…please let there be one

Wh00sherWh00sheralmost 2 years ago

Couldn't stop reading once I started. Absolutely top notch story. 5* obviously.

Hopefully there will be a part 2 of this fabulous tale

FortheseForthesealmost 2 years ago

I'm looking soon forward to the second part!!! There are some unanswered question.

Great story, great writing, by the way,

IntheSouth66IntheSouth66almost 2 years ago

Seriously great read. I sooooo hope you are planning a sequel for this.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyalmost 2 years ago

All I can say is: Thanks!

Ravenwolf13Ravenwolf13almost 2 years ago

Absolutely 5 stars! MORE!!! PLEASE!!!

CarchariasCarchariasalmost 2 years ago

Please write more chapters. That was phenomenal.

RK52RK52almost 2 years ago

Fabulous story that hopefully has at least one or two more parts. There are more characters to develop and you’ve left us drooling for more.

Truly an overwhelming 5* effort that treats us all to your great talent and the effort you put into this fascinating literature. Please keep it up.

ImpromptImpromptalmost 2 years ago

Great job. More please.

please18please18almost 2 years ago

Amazing as always! PLEASE tell me this story is going to continue?!

slm59slm59almost 2 years ago

This was awesome!

FastEddie2632FastEddie2632almost 2 years ago

What a tangle of details to meld together. I can’t wait for the next chapter of this character. Or will it be chapters? All the better if or when it becomes an ongoing story line. Well done, well done!

JimDiamondJimDiamondalmost 2 years ago

A very enjoyable read. Hopefully, more pages will come. Reading it helped me through a very painful night recovering from a full knee replacement without using the Oxycodon they said I would need. So thank you. Funny how letting your mind go while laying with an ice pack and a good read will overcome a bit of burning pain. :-)

21223452122345almost 2 years ago

Great story from a great story teller! I sincerely hope that a part II is on the way at some point, there were a lot of threads left hanging that would make for a great continuation.

GrindleGrindlealmost 2 years ago

Brilliant as ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bravo... this story was highly entertaining. 5 stars

ArediaArediaalmost 2 years ago

I echo what the others have said - great story, and please please please continue it! Don't get me wrong - it's an amazing story as it stands, I just think it could stand to have a chapter two. ;)

But, whether you continue it or not, thank-you for a wonderful read!

txcrackertxcrackeralmost 2 years ago
Damn Good !

'nough said

5*'s too wish there were more to give

txcracker

mac1729mac1729almost 2 years ago

Fantastic story once again from a a great author and I look for wood the next chapter of John Doe

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 2 years ago

OMGosh yhis was an awesome story. I sure hope there is a part 3 3 4 5 6 well u get it. Thanks for all ur hard work it is enjoyed and appreciated.

RandychristianRandychristianalmost 2 years ago

I almost lost my job reading this, but damn was it worth it. 5 stars hands down. ✋

packetlosspacketlossalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing story.

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeealmost 2 years ago

So compelling! Can’t wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow!

Now I’m scared of how many years it’ll take to get the next part… please don’t keep us waiting too long.

As always you are a Legend man!

AZ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dayum! This is one hell of a story!

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

I have read and liked all your stories, but I would put this one in the lower half. John was written as an very unlikeable character. The storyline was extremely convoluted and I felt like I was being dragged along. There was very little emotion in this story. As with all your stories, it was well written, but it just didn't have any spark for me. Not sure what I should be looking forward to in additional chapter. Sorry.

RarRodrigRarRodrigalmost 2 years ago

Mr. Redstone.....

Excellent imagination and storyline..... I see a few more adventures with these characters and their relationships. Thank you for your talent, time and love of writing.

Rocketman51Rocketman51almost 2 years ago

Another great story from my favorite author! I look forward to a follow up to this one as well!

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 2 years ago
Outstanding story by a master storyteller!!!

Saw BurntRedstone...expected a really really good story...got just what I expected!!!

GenorangerGenorangeralmost 2 years ago

Up to your usual brilliant standard of storytelling- thank you!

RolwageRolwagealmost 2 years ago

Wow...just wow!

I wish there were 6 stars.

Amazing story, written by an incredible author.

Thank you.

KJay15KJay15almost 2 years ago

4* not as good as your previous stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Once again I'm amazed at your writing. Please consider a second chapter!

donner60donner60almost 2 years ago

Hey BurntRedstone…..WOW…..thanks for a wonderful read. Sure hope there’s a follow up in the future. As usual your story telling is awesome. Thanks

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 2 years ago

As is normal, brilliant writing.

In the middle, you seemed lost, as a writer. You kept throwing in details which felt spurious, almost as if you felt the need to insert the detail or you needed to to foreshadow.

It weakened the plot, but you followed up with a fairly solid ending.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Long, but good story. Assuming there will be a second chapter>>??

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories