All Comments on 'Chapter 02: Sneaking'

by ThisFNG

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lucil Ann or Celia, not decided yet dear writer?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not too bad for a fairly new writer, but could definitely benefit from an editor.

It would also benefit from being posted in a more appropriate category.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"You're not old enough to handle alcohol." - She's not old enough to handle alcohol, but is having sex? Doesn't that violate Lit's standards?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@sbrooks103x - At least in most of the US, the legal age for alcohol is 21 while the minimum age for sex on Literotica is 18. So, there's a 3 year window. Now, if you are actually talking about when a person can handle alcohol, the age range goes from quite a bit younger than 18 to whatever is the current maximum age reached by a human. Some people are genetically predisposed to alcoholism and truly can never handle drinking.

-

TL;DR - No, as you can legally be old enough for sex without being old enough for alcohol.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
sbrooks103x

LOL! You may be dating yourself. The National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 set the legal age for alcohol at 21, although it was phased in a few years. Also, Raul stated she would of age in "two and a half years,' one could surmise that Celia is 18 and a half years of age.

The standard for sex is on Lit is 18. So yes, one may not be legally able to handle alcohol and still meet the age for sex on this site unless the story is set pre 1984 in a state where the legal drinking age is 18.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Not bad writing, but subject matter with little girls sucked. FNG is about right.

ThisFNGThisFNG8 months agoAuthor

Celia is the shortened pet name for Lucile.

ThisFNGThisFNG8 months agoAuthor

He @SBrooks103x, she is a college freshman. In the US that is usually 18+. The character Lucile is 19+ in the story.

And then all the drinking math provided by anon, while accurate, was done between Celia who was playing her games, and her step-father who was tired after doing a day's construction work. So he was not really on his game.

Stylistically, exhibition-style writing drives me nuts. So it bothers me when stories blandly say 'she was a baby-crazy homewrecker', because that is lazy writing. Instead, I had more fun with it where Celia visits, flirts, and knowingly ingratiates herself with her best friend's stepdad. Please also don't rule out 'sarcasm', 'character lies', 'manipulation', or 'mistakes' from characters.

ThisFNGThisFNG8 months agoAuthor

Thank you @26thNC, :)

The story arch (chpt 1 - epi) spans about three and a half to four months. Celia is only a few weeks away from 20 by the time chapter 5 rolls around. Unfortunately, that fact is not specified in the telling because it is extraneous to the plot, and would have seemed awkward had I tried to shove it into the story flow.

I literally just finished reading a story from another author and saw your comment on that story too. I clicked myself, and here is your comment on my story. Small comment world ;) Thank you for the comment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThisFNG@ThisFNG
All I want out of life is an honest week's pay for an honest day's work Most of my writing is Science Fiction and Fantasy based. However, if you are interested there are more works like this one and even some more serious work for learning. A Cup of Sugar: If you would like,...