Chapter (16) XVI: Dinner and a Show

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I promise you, it'll be worth the wait. I just need a little more time to prepare."

"Of course, Cher'da," I said absently. She snuggled more into me, her nails pressing into my stomach. So, I'm not the only tense one, I thought. Well, at least there's that. We got to the next stop, a play put on by various actors, and while my lust never went away entirely, I was wholly drawn in by the performance. Or at least by how awful it was.

"That was the worst thing I think I've ever paid money for," I said as we clambered back into the carriage.

"Yeah, I am pretty surprised. I was told it was pretty good," Emilia replied. She had sobered up during the play. But she still was using me as a walking stick. I didn't mind that so much.

"The characters were stupid, and the plot was out and out idiotic. You said it was based on a book series?"

"That's what I was told."

"Hopefully, that's better than that dreadful performance."

We rode back to the castle. Back home, I thought, surprising myself. I guess it really is. Gods, this is weird. True to her word, Emilia didn't accompany me back to my room. I was still disappointed. Only more so when I returned to my room and found Carmella and Shari playing a game. They both looked up. "You're home early, blacksmith. How's Em?"

"I think she had a good time," I said noncommittally.

"If it was that good, why isn't she here?" Shari asked absently, making a move on the game board.

"She said she didn't want to do anything tonight. Something about needing to prepare something. I didn't understand, but it's not my place, too," I said, managing to keep most of the bitterness out of my voice. Carmella looked up at me, a piece floating above the board in her hand.

"Prepare something?" She asked. "Is that what she said?"

"Yeah," I replied, turning to her. "We were necking and getting a little involved and she stopped me and said she wasn't ready and needed a little more time to get something ready. She didn't say what."

"Oh, that's very interesting," Carmella said cryptically. She put her piece down on the board and toppled another. "You win this game, cat. I have to go."

I watched her hurry out of the room and glanced back at Shari. "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"I haven't the faintest clue," Shari responded, standing up to stretch. She padded over to me, wrapped her arms around my neck, and nuzzled me. "Come to bed. I'm tired and want something warm to lay on."

"A walking stick and a bed warmer," I said, sighing. "I guess it's good to be useful."

12