All Comments on 'Checking Out'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why is it that writers feel that their rambling thoughts in an unfinished condition make good stories?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rubbish

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Fuck that shit, call her none stop to ruin her time with the other person

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

From the lit Veronica interview with this author

....I try to make my stories as believable as possible. The things my women do to my men are sometimes mean and cruel, and you may not think they are justified..."

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

If that quote from this particular author's own words doesn't prove to everybody how deeply fucked up a head he really is I don't know what will

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

two treasonable people. I'd like to hear Helene's version of events.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Great story! I can see this happening in real life. He caught her cheating, but he knew that he’d been just as guilty.

.

So, he plans to stop neglecting Helene, but he’ll never know when she quits her affair, and he doesn’t know when she acted it. He doesn’t know if it’s her only affair.

.

Amusing part about the sheets not getting changed. Maybe that’s his little bit of revenge, she’s getting nailed in his girlfriend’s sweat.

.

With so many married men and women cheating, this has to have happened in real life thousands of times.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Not bad. Incomplete. Did it work out in the end? D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

sorry - story isn't complete - 1* - lazy author

HikingThruHikingThruover 2 years ago

Excellent. I usually prefer stories with lots of dialogue, but this worked. Would also like to hear wife's thoughts, IF they are different from his. If he's right, then no need. But, if his analysis is wrong, and she has also "checked out" then her story could be interesting. Alas, he's ready to "check back in" but there's no vacancy. That's a great follow-up title: No Vacancy.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Yeah, they are both disgusting cheats but why didn't he call her cell and tell her he was on the way home? That would have been the logical thing to do!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems fair. He checked out of his marriage a while ago and reaped what he sowed.

They can get past his infidelity and hers; but he’ll have to take that secret to the grave.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

I liked it- a good short story about a man coming to his senses. The first half I was thinking 'what a freaking hypocrite', but then the light bulb turned on. Would have liked to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Edrider73 stories usually leave me cold, but this one was quite clever. For my money, the MC made the right choice. Certainly he couldn't be holier-than-thou, and so saw the long picture, played the long game, and fixed both himself and in so doing also removed any further incentive for her to continue doing what he'd been doing. Therefore, this earned a 4.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

This marriage is over time to end it. If two people have to cheat on each other then why stay married?

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

What a pair. A cheater catches his spouse cheating and is devastated, imagine that! Perhaps he (and some of the commenters here) should look up the definition of Hypocrite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done flash. This will be underscored, but it's clearly a 5.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Short & to the point. Introspective without being wrapped up in its own brilliance. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A tale of two worthless cheaters with delayed consequences

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

I would also like to hear Helene's version. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it but it makes it sound like this was the first time she cheated when she could have been at it longer than him. To make certain she stopped, or gets better at hiding it, I would confront her when she came home. I can say I suspected so I followed her. If she said it was out of revenge then we both agree to stay and stop cheating or divorce. If she had no idea of my cheating I would let her decide to stop cheating.

As written, he only assumes why she is cheating and that she would stop.

But why was he cheating?

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

Damn, this is good! Quite a departure from the usual, but this is really good.

49greg49gregover 2 years ago

Way different from most of your stories, and very good. I've never heard the reference you mentioned, but it's a great concept. Very entertaining and thought provoking. What would I do? What would anyone do? I think he chose the best course of action. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

stupid just stupid

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago
Thanks for the story

and thanks for the recommendation regarding the song. I went to YouTube and listened to the song by Don Convey and it was a great song and it described the gist of your story since it's based on it. Of course your story goes further addressing also the aftermath of his awareness of the mutual infidelity, done just the same way, at the same Hideaway Motel, even... in the same room. Karma is a bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting story . The timing is impeccable and the truth is revealed to him at least . And now since he’s wised up will he be able to follow through with the fulfillment of his wife’s needs , which in turn fulfills his , so neither feels they need to look elsewhere ? If the lines of communication was open and actively used among each other , differences could be rectified and needs fulfilled before they became an issue ! We need to openly and candidly talk and actively truly listen to each other and gain a mutual understanding of our POVs so we can compromise or adapt or whatever we need to co-exist with others in harmony !

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

So, what happened? I assume he DID stop, but did they really fix their relationship? Maybe Helene knows about Tammy and isn't about to stop. Maybe she doesn't, but still likes HER cheating. Etc., etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More trash from the Master of bad.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

An average story that does nothing for, or to me.

So much else could’ve happened as others commenting have said. A bland tale could’ve been given some serious oomph, but sadly no.

Scores 3/5 and that’s generous.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

There seems to be a lot of room for second chapters, sequels and/or an epilogue. The number of dynamic ways this could go is legion. What would happen if she finds out he knows? Would she eventually diminish in his eyes as he had anticipated her doing? What if he confessed? She confessed?

Grace us with a follow on edrider... please!

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"The admiration and adoration that always shone from them would be gone." One great reason to not cheat on your wife. The marriage is doomed, as he notes, but it sounds like his heart left long ago.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

That was pointless, totally devoid of any ties to reality and generally just a shitty piece of garbage.

I will always wonder how a writer reads or writes this clap trap and says "Wow I cant wait to put that online!!".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. Infidelity can traumatise a marriage but doesn’t have to end it. This husband was wise enough to maintain his composure. He still loved his wife even though both he and she had cheated on each other. He kept her and their marriage intact, a smart move for long term happiness. Of course, if you don’t love your wife, why keep her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A fairly unique story, which is refreshing. The characters were very well developed for a story of this length. The author's writing was very descriptive, and conveyed emotion with an above-average skill. The lack of an actual plot is not noticed because of the unique point of view.

It is an interesting story, but is not erotic and there isn't a depiction of extramarital sex in this story. Someone publishing their 102nd story on this site should certainly know in which category it should be published.

Story tags:

"humiliation": where?

"cuckold": arguable, but no

"mistress": that doesn't seem to be the relationship

"watching": watching what?

"first time": for who? Not established, and I don't think that tag is meant to be used in this context.

One star. The author wrote a check that this story failed to cash. This isn't what I came to read.

The writing is above average, but is a first-person narrative written in the style of a second-person narrative.

Helene, as written, was not believable. Men and women cheat for their own reasons. A man can cheat and still be madly in love with his wife, but when a woman cheats she has usually checked out of the relationship and it would take much longer than a month to get to that point.

Alix missed at least one grammatical error.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Go back and flatten the dudes tires. Then let her explain her lateness however she wants, but let her know you don’t really believe her. The close call will probably scare her out of more adventure and not reveal what he knows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gee, a story with real substance. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clever. Understood it is a reprint; thanks for sharing. So Many possible sequels, I wonder who will take the plunge.

Thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Not a lot of story here.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 2 years ago

To the critics. Instead of abuse, give us a reason you disliked this plausible and straightforward story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How anybody can give a story like this a five star rating is an insult to the good writers that made it into the Hall of Fame of this category. There is no accounting for taste by some of the readers. I guess, to each his own. 3*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

I liked several of Don Covay's songs, "Mercy Mercy" being my favorite but "Checkin' Out..." was a good one too. Thanks for the memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ready to be stunned? In 1973 I drove taxi in Hackensack, NJ to pay for college. Had a customer with a prodigious bust who would call on Friday nights. "Turn off lights, dont knock or honk. I'll be right out. Then drive away fast to motel on Rt. 46". One Friday after picking her up dispatcher called with same instructions. He insisted I go even though I told him I picked her up all ready. You know the drill, so I followed the useless instructions. I waited only about 40 seconds when a shadow rushed from house, jumped in back, and urged to "Drive like mad!" Destination was motel on rt 46 across from where I had deposited his wife. You guessed it. It was the husband. Apparently neither realized the other was cheating or choosing motels less than 100 yards from each other. Truth can be stranger than fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Trouble I have with this story is it went no place beyond his mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

.?..?..? Story. Good. Bad. Original You tell me because I do not know

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Interesting

Interesting story from an interesting source

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Original twist on a familiar subject. I disagree with the husband's decision, I think the dual confession would give them a better chance at a long term future.

The husband sacreficing his own chance at redemption to give the wife a happy future is an illusion. She might NOT quit cheating; having tasted the forbidden fruit, she might be addicted or easily cohearsed to continue. Also, the husband will always wonder, never knowing if she is only his.

He only assumes that she doesn't know he cheated. OK, she's unaware he wasn't at that same motel moments before her, but she may have been getting revenge sex.

For them to make a happy life together I believe that it is abosolutely necessary for them to face the truth and perhaps with professional help - choose to move forward together.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Cant

Cant see whatthere is in this crap to make some people like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just the usual garbage. Nothing to see here.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

I was sort of interested at the start, but then it got into he said, she'll say, and on and on. Just barely skimmed the last part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fantastic

Caught enough of the feeling of adultery especially pain

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Poetic justice??

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

I like the focus on his dilemma here. I do wonder how it will turn out - but you don't have to tell me that. This is still a good, thought-provoking story. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is this what they call "critical thinking"?

Spot on, with as harsh a conclusion as deserved.

Please keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hated it But 4 stars as well written. Had no empathy for MC. Never do for cheating shits unless driven to it by extra special circumstances.

He cheated she cheated

What a wonderful marriage

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

When you are young and super horny all the time, it is so easy to cheat. Too easy. It is like 100 times easier to get laid when you are cheating than a single guy on the hunt. Strange, trouble is the pain that you cause your significant other is terrible. If you loved them ever don't cheat and break their heart. Very Good Story. Good Writing. 5 stars. Thank You for the effort. I just wish that I could "uncheat" all the times that I did in the past.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The MC just signed in on the cuck's register. Yes Susie you can be a cheater and a cuck too. 4 stars for above average story telling. The plot is old but the retelling is yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Idiotic. Hope both hubby and wife get's STD's and drops over!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There would be no marriage. Another lousy story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An endless femdom propaganda about the same totally unrealistic fetish cuck theme. All totally dislikable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Rereading this I can only affirm the comments I made a year ago:

This is what they call "critical thinking", spot on--with a deserved harsh conclusion.

Ignore critical commentary by those who never loved nor made mistakes, those who will never admit they are imperfect human beings.

Loved it though I still didn't like it.

Keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Trafil swoj na swego.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous