Clans of Luteri Bk. 02 Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When it was done they were still, the pleasure still running through them, gradually easing. Kane drew back, brushing her hair back from her face, breathing hard. He suddenly laughed and closed his eyes, putting his forehead on hers.

"I'm sorry, Corsaire," he said, his breathing still unsteady. "I didn't know it would—. Nobody ever told me about that, I swear."

"It's all right," she said, her breath quick, and he felt her amusement and laughed again himself.

"I will bed you right, Corsaire, in our room in your bed and take my time, I promise."

Her eyes dropped. She glanced at him and smiled.

"I might like the forest sometimes, Kane."

His brows rose and he leaned down, kissing her slowly, pushing into her a little. She drew her breath in sharply, sensitive. He drew back.

"I will have to take you walking a great deal then."

She looked around. It was dusk. It would be dark soon.

"Won't they worry?"

"Hope, maybe, that you have forgiven me so they can escape my temper," he said, drawing out of her.

He sat up on his elbow and pulled her handkerchief out of his pocket, which she hadn't seen since the gangway in Alveria.

"I washed this for you, Corsaire," he said, grinning, handing it to her. "I've been meaning to give it to you."

She cleaned herself and he drew her to her feet. She picked up her pants, the string completely ripped. She put them on, tying the new ends together and smoothed her hair, the braid a mess. She finally undid it completely, picking out twigs and leaves, leaving her hair down. She looked at him, smoothing the dress.

He grinned at her, waiting. She looked around idly, trying not to look like she was also waiting.

"Is there something else you want here, Aslin?" he asked her, puzzled.

"I don't know where I am," she admitted.

He turned her in the right direction, giving her a small shove, laughing.

#

It was dark before they came over the rise and she saw the firelight and the gates of Tavishi Hold below them. They approached the gate and a face peered out of it. The night sentry.

"Evening, Kane," the man said casually, leaning one elbow against the bars. "Aslin," he greeted her.

"Davit," Kane said, nodding to him. "You'll let us in?"

Davit squinted at the night sky and then looked back at him.

"Not supposed to after dusk," the man said.

"When did we make that rule?" Kane said.

Davit shrugged as if he were also puzzled.

"Since couples started going into the woods to put their hands all over one another, I think," he said, scratching his head as if he didn't quite remember.

"Let us in, Davit," Kane said, on to him now.

"Rules, Kane. You understand, being the son of the High Lord. You wouldn't want me to make an exception just for you? That would be awkward."

"You are full of shit, Davit, there's no such rule. Let us in or I'll gut you through the bars."

"No," the man sighed, sucking his teeth, looking sad, shaking his head. "Much as I'd like to, you know that. Although there was a rumor today that you've got some skills picking locks, Kane. I'm sure the gate won't be too difficult for you," he said, eyeing Kane's groin and turning his head to the mechanism as if measuring the distance.

Kane scowled at Davit and then at her.

"This is your fault, Corsaire," he said glumly. He turned and eyed Davit. "Well, if we're going to stay at the gate all night, we might as well reminisce a little. I've been gone for awhile."

The man brightened.

"I'd like that, Kane. It gets lonely here," he said.

"Do you recall that time we were gambling with the boys from Prash—it was summer, wasn't it?"

"I believe it was," Davit said, nodding slowly. "A hot one."

"I think you're right, unusually so. You lost your pay to Flit and I covered you?"

"It was a generous thing, Kane, and I've often thought about it with gratitude, and I have also thought about the fact that I have not quite paid you back yet, it's been on my mind. But I hope you are not suggesting a night sentry of Tavishi Hold could be bribed, even years later."

"I would never suggest such a thing. I'm shocked you would say so," Kane gave back. "But there was something else, wasn't there, that you begged me for that night? I can hardly remember, we had a bit to drink."

"I don't remember anything else, Kane," the man said warily.

"Was it...I almost have it, just a moment. Was it Gaby, your oath? Something to do with a trinket you pawned—," Kane began.

The man moved to the gate quickly, undoing bolts. He glared at Kane.

"You would use that against me, when I was drunk and my judgment was poor," he accused.

"Use what against you, Davit?" Kane said as they passed through.

Davit sighed and then he brightened again.

"There's already open speculation in the hall, at least before I left. You and Aslin," his eyes slid to her, sly and full of good humor, "are going to be raw after they spot you. No back doors into the castle chambers, Kane, you know that."

Kane was looking at him with a sour expression.

"Thank you, Davit, for all your compassion. I'll be sure to return the favor at a later time."

Davit bowed to him.

"You can count on me for it, Kane, you know that," the man said, grinning and returning to the gate.

Coming to the castle, Kane motioned her to be quiet as they approached the Hall, the only way through to the stairs and the tower that led to their rooms, There were many voices and the occasional round of laughter, someone playing an instrument, firelight showing.

Kane looked at her speculatively and then turned to face her. He suddenly bent low in front of her, snaking his arm around her calves and putting his shoulder into her lower belly and lifted her high. She was hanging over his shoulder backward, her hands on his back, his arm wrapped around her upper thighs, her hair hanging behind him, her bottom leading.

"They are ready to ambush us and they've had time to think about their taunting," Kane said, his voice grim. "Are you ready, Corsaire?"

"Yes," she said uncertainly.

He dove through the door.

"It's the lock pick!" a man cried immediately, spotting them. "You must be a complicated person, Aslin, to require such dexterity!"

Laughter.

"Cocksterity!" another added, guffawing, louder laughter.

"Ass," Kane muttered under her, moving fast.

"Is that a leaf I see in your hair, Aslin? Did you fall?"

"Perhaps she was rolling to throw off her scent!"

More laughter, the whole hall roiling with it. Aslin knew her face was bright red, from the position and what they said. Kane was weaving through tables, moving fast, sometimes stepping over carelessly outstretched feet, slowing him.

"You have to be careful in those woods, Aslin! There are wild animals!"

"Yes, you should have more concern for your oath, Kane! I was just there not long ago and heard strange grunting and moaning and a sound like someone pounding dough!"

Roars of laughter now as Kane finally cleared the tables, making for the doorway and the hall beyond it. As they passed through Aslin looked up indignantly from her position, having the correct direction to do so, and the swell of laughter doubled at the sight of her face.

"That's not a position that is very effective if I've instructed you poorly, Kane!" a last man bellowed his cleverness, their laughter following her and Kane down the hall, only slowly fading.

"You didn't really tell me how they'd be, your clan," Aslin observed from behind him, her voice wavering with his steps as he valiantly climbed the stairs, moving on to the next set, and the third.

"I would have," Kane panted, "but I didn't know quite how to describe them, Corsaire."

He finally got them to the rooms, opening the door, carrying her through the front hall, the common room, the bedchamber, and dumping her onto the bed on her back. She laughed, looking at him as he collapsed on his back beside her. He turned his head.

"I love you, Corsaire, but I don't think I can have sex with you again tonight," he said, still panting.

She turned her head.

"If you try to touch me right now I will put you out in the hall and lock the door again and all Tavishi will come and watch you try to prick the lock," she responded.

He burst out laughing, rolling on top of her.

"Tavishi jokes were funnier. If I could rise right now I would, Corsaire" he said, nuzzling her.

She crooked her brows.

"You can't get up?"

He hitched with laughter against her throat and suddenly left her.

"Something like that," he said, grinning and going to a box on a bookshelf.

He rifled through it and came back to her, tossing something on the bed.

"Put that away where only you know it is."

She picked it up and dangled it above herself. It was a heavy cloth bag with a drawstring. She came up on her elbow and opened it, staring at the gold coins. She raised her brows at him.

"I am not buying your skills," he said, grinning and coming and flopping down next to her again, "although I would until I beggared myself and they are considerable, but since you appear to be willing to service me for free, I won't bother. I want you to have money and there's enough there for you to buy part of Alveria if you want it. Tell me when you run out. You're a wealthy woman, as my oath."

"I've never had money before," she told him. "Thank you, Kane."

He came up on his elbow, staring down at her.

"You're welcome, Corsaire."