Coastal Cottage Love

Story Info
Naomi and Drew find the love of life, later in their lives.
31.4k words
4.68
6.3k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Naomi looked at the mirror in the arts and crafts cottage on the shoreline. There were remnants of the beautiful young woman she used to be. But as life piled on one disappointment and loss after another the resemblance to that woman was less and less. Where did the time go? She could remember like yesterday the night she had been crowned homecoming queen, the day she married George, and the day she gave birth to Samantha.

She was still an attractive woman with dark hair and fair complexion. Her violet blue eyes were stunning in the right light. Tall and thin, Naomi could have been a model if not for her large round breasts. Her sculpted upper lip and full lower lip added a sensuous look to her beautiful face. Naomi was not only intelligent, she also possessed emotional intelligence as well.

She could never have fathomed that at the age of fifty, she would be divorced with no plan for the rest of her life. She and George had once been in love. But betrayal after betrayal had killed that love and transformed it to disdain. Disdain turned to indifference. And indifference led to the divorce. She couldn't even muster the emotion of anger unless it was anger at herself for ever loving George in the first place.

In order to gain some perspective and to formulate a plan, Naomi had come to the cottage along the North Carolina shoreline. It was an overcast day and Naomi was on a walk along the beach. The clouds looked laden with rain. The surf's sound was soothing. The smell of the ocean brought back memories of her childhood.

She turned back toward the cottage. She would get cleaned up and go into town for dinner. Her cell phone rang as she entered the cottage.

"Mom? Hi."

"Hi darling. How are you?" Naomi asked.

"I'm fine Mom. How are you? How was your drive?"

"It was fine. Looks like rain now, though."

"All those years I had to call when I reached my destination, and you can't call me one time when you get to yours."

"I'm sorry, Samantha. I forgot."

"I still don't understand why you couldn't figure things out at home."

"I needed distance from your father. I came here to figure out a new beginning for my life."

"I'm here, if you ever want to talk."

"I know. Right now, I wouldn't know what to say."

"Mom, what did Dad do that made you want to quit on the marriage?"

"It doesn't matter Samantha. The marriage has been over for a long time. I just came to realize that I'm too old to be spending my time on something that wasn't working for me. Your Dad has his flaws, but, so do I. However, what is true and will always be true is that we love you."

"Mom, you're protecting him or me. I'm not sure which."

"You honey. I won't defend your father. But I will protect you from being put in the middle of something that has nothing to do with you. He's your father. He's the only one you have."

"I love you, Mom. Be safe."

"I will, honey."

"Bye."

Naomi put the phone in her purse. She brushed her hair and put on some lipstick. The local diner was closed. But there was a bar that served food that was open. When she entered Sully's, she noticed that most of the customers sat at the bar to eat and drink. Naomi thought, 'When in Rome...' and sat at the bar. She was brought a menu right away.

She perused the menu thinking that it was a fantastic array of foods for a bar. She closed the menu and ordered when asked. It seemed that many of the people at the bar knew each other. So, Naomi took out her phone to play a game and kill time.

Someone sat beside her. It was a distinguished looking man with sandy brown hair. "Hello," he said.

"Hello."

When her turkey sliders were brought to her, the man said, "That's one of my favorite things to order here. Who would have thought of putting turkey, American cheese, apple, cranberry sauce and coleslaw on a bun?"

Naomi took a bite and verified, "Mmm. Yes, it's delicious. I guess I'll be coming back here."

"Then we'd better introduce ourselves, because we will see each other again. I'm Drew," he said as he held out his hand.

"I'm Naomi."

His food came then.

"What did you get?" asked Naomi.

"Prime rib sliders. They're good too."

"Did I just luck out, when I happened onto this place?"

"You sure did. Sully's has some of the best food in town. It's also a very friendly crowd. Anyone who sat beside you would have talked to you."

"Are you a local?"

"Yes. I live in town here. I've lived here for the last ten years. I'm Drew Hamilton."

"I've rented Morrison's Coastal Cottage for four months. I'm Naomi Jameson."

"I know that one. That's a beautiful house. Why did you come in the off season?"

"I'm coming off of a divorce and thought this might be a good place to get my head on straight."

"I just met you and I can tell that your ex is a fool."

Naomi laughed. "You're very astute. Just so happens, he is a fool."

Drew laughed in response. "That one wasn't hard to figure out. I can never understand how some men squander the love of a good woman."

"Are you married, Drew?"

"Widowed. Camille died five years ago from cancer."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"Thank you. I understand the "getting your head on straight comment". It took me a year before I felt like living and another year to consider dating."

"Have you done more than consider dating? I've heard you have to actually go on dates rather than just consider them."

"Smart ass. I've dated casually. Nothing serious."

"When was your divorce finalized?"

"Three months ago. But the marriage died a long time ago. It just took me a while to get the death certificate. Sorry, poor choice of words."

"That's ok. It's an appropriate word."

"Drew, are you retired?"

"Yes, and no. I retired three years ago, but I still do some consulting at the company I worked for. What about you?"

"I worked as a school counselor at an elementary school for thirty years. I enjoyed it, but it was time for a change."

"Do you know what that change looks like?"

"Nope."

Drew laughed. "Fair enough. Since you are by yourself, if you need help with anything, just call." He wrote his number on a napkin and slid it toward Naomi.

"Thank you. I appreciate that. That's very kind of you."

"I come here almost every night. It beats cooking. Hope to see you again." He got up and bid her a good evening.

Meeting Drew had lifted her spirits. She felt a little less alone.

The next day, Naomi ran some errands, picked some books and movies up at the local library and straightened the cottage. She thought of Drew on and off throughout the day. She hadn't asked him if he had children or grandchildren.

She took a bath midafternoon and luxuriated in the warm water. Her large breasts floated upward and her perky nipples rose above the water. It made her wonder if Drew was a breast man. What would it feel like to have his lips sucking and tugging on her nipples? She had breast fed Samantha and she had always liked the sensations it evoked. As she pondered that thought, she circled her protruding nipples with her fingertip.

She got out of the tub and dried herself off. She laid down on her bed and reached into the nightstand for her vibrator. She also lifted her lubricant out of the drawer. She lubed her rabbit vibrator and inserted it into her pussy. She turned it on and started thinking of Drew. His eyes were warm, his lips were beautiful and his hands were graceful.

What would his lips feel like on her clit? Would he be talkative in bed? Would he be a slow, patient lover or a frantic, passionate lover? Would he want her to come first? She turned the speed up on her vibrator.

She started to undulate on her bed and thought about Drew's sexual prowess some more. Would he enjoy it if she fed him her pert nipples? Would he suckle her? With that thought she came hard.

She dressed in a sheer bra and clinging top that allowed her hard nipples to protrude. The top was a mauve-pink color much like the color of her nipples. She put on some black capri pants and sandals. She put on mauve pink lipstick to complete the look. She hoped that Drew would show up at the bar.

They were both approaching Sully's Bar from opposing directions when they met outside the door. "Hello. Would you like to sit together in a booth tonight?" Drew asked.

"That would be lovely."

They sat across from the bar. When Naomi looked up from her menu, Drew was looking at her nipples. He blushed and looked down at his own menu. She ordered a salad and Drew ordered a pot pie.

"How was your day? Did you work today?"

"Yes, but I won't need to go in tomorrow, which is nice. How was your day?"

"Nice, quiet. I ran some errands and picked up books and movies at the library."

"What did you get (movie wise)?"

"A Star is Born (the latest version), The Transporter, and Green Book."

"Nice selections."

Their food came.

"Drew, do you have children?"

"Yes, my son, Michael, is thirty and married to Celeste. My daughter, Heather, is 28. Michael is a journalist and Heather is a graphic designer. Do you have children?"

"Yes, one. My daughter Samantha is a nurse. She is 28."

Drew laughed, "So, am I right in saying we are both waiting for grandchildren?"

"Absolutely." Naomi laughed in response.

The conversation flowed easily. When they left the restaurant, Naomi asked if Drew wanted to come over to watch a movie sometime soon. They set it up for that Friday evening.

Drew hugged her goodnight and they parted.

The next day, Naomi was trying to plan a meal for Friday evening. She texted Drew with what she thought she would cook and asked if that sounded alright to him.

He responded with, "Can I call you?"

"Yes, of course."

"Hi Naomi. Wow. I didn't know you were going to cook for me."

"Sure, why not? Does the chicken Dijon mustard, horseradish chicken dish sound alright?"

"Sounds great! I really don't want you to go to all that trouble."

"It's no trouble, Drew. It's actually a really easy dish."

"What can I bring?"

"Why don't you bring whatever you want to drink."

"Do you like wine?"

"Yes, I do. But if you don't, bring what you would like to drink."

"I'll bring a white wine if that suits you."

"Perfect. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you during the workday. But I needed to get groceries."

"Don't apologize. This is a welcome and pleasurable interruption."

"Awww. That's sweet. Thank you."

"I'll see you tomorrow night," he said.

"Yes. I'm looking forward to it."

"Me too."

The chicken platter was an easy dish to make, so Naomi made a salad. And picked up a lemon meringue pie for dessert.

She bought flowers at the market and arranged them into a vase.

The meal and house were prepped so Naomi took a shower and dressed. She chose to wear a jeans skirt and floral shirt. She put her hair into a low pony tail and put some comfortable earrings on.

When there was a knock at the door, Naomi ran to answer it. "Hi! Welcome."

"Hi. You look lovely."

"Thank you. You look very handsome."

"Thank you."

"Can you open the wine?"

"Sure." He followed her into the kitchen and was seduced by the aroma of the chicken dish. "Wow, that smells delicious."

"Good." Naomi handed him the wine bottle opener.

Drew tilted his head and tasted her lips. She responded with a little hesitation and then freed herself to show her real feelings. The kiss turned into a soft, slow exploration of their lips. She opened her eyes to find Drew's gaze on her. He softly smiled at her.

"You're beautiful."

"That was awfully nice."

"I've been wanting to do that since the first time we met."

"I wasn't sure if you were interested in me or not."

"Then, you obviously didn't look down."

Naomi laughed.

"It's my constant state whenever you're around me."

"No."

"Yes. I probably shouldn't have told you that."

"Ahh. I like having that power over you."

He took her into his arms. "Oh, you do, do you?"

Naomi giggled and affirmed that she did.

He decided to punish her with a more thorough kiss.

"My God. You're addictive," He accused.

"And I was afraid you weren't a sexual being," she laughed.

"You were? I was actually just trying to be a gentleman with you."

They laughed.

"So, the first day we met, you found me attractive and that is why you sat down beside me?"

"Are you just fishing for compliments?"

"No, I wasn't sure if it was coincidence or something else."

"It was no coincidence. God, woman. Do you not know how gorgeous you are?"

"Stop. I am not seeking compliments."

"Oh Lord. I know you are an intelligent woman. Perhaps you are blind?"

Naomi was laughing so hard that she was bent over. When she rose up. Drew hugged her and continued laughing. When the laugher died down, they kissed.

"Don't worry, Naomi. Drew will take you to the eye doctor and get you some glasses."

"You are just the silliest."

"Okay. I guess this is going to be a long project. We'll circle back to this at another time."

They kissed again as though they couldn't help themselves.

"I guess we'll circle back around to that too if we are going to enjoy this dinner."

The cottage had a table for two that sat by a window that had a view of the ocean. They enjoyed their wine and chicken there.

"There is lemon meringue pie. I forgot to mention it."

"I would love some, but can we have it later? I'm full right now."

"Good thinking."

They cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher.

They closed the blinds and turned on the lamps by the sectional sofa and got comfortable in front of the Green Book. They lay perpendicular to each other with quilts keeping them warm.

"Do you need anything?" she asked him as his hostess.

"Just you."

"Aww," Naomi said as she joined him under his quilt.

Drew wrapped his arms around her and proceeded to kiss her deeply.

"I never saw this happening when I sat down beside you," he said.

"Me neither. Are we moving too fast?"

"I don't know. I just know that I haven't been this certain about anything in years."

"I know. But unlike you, my track record sucks. My judgment about people to get involved with is lacking to say the least."

"Okay, Naomi. Let's pump the brakes. The last thing I want is for you to regret this. Come on. Let's get some of that pie."

The rest of the evening consisted of eating pie, watching the rest of the movie and talking.

Before he left, Drew asked Naomi out on a dinner date for Saturday night.

In a dress of mauve pink polka dots and a taupe cardigan, Naomi met Drew at the door Saturday evening. She invited him in and he gave her a kiss that lingered. He took her to Jerome, the nearest city. They had a lovely dinner in a nice restaurant with a classy, intimate atmosphere. Naomi asked the waiter to take a photo of Drew and her. In the car, she showed the photo to Drew. He asked her to send it to his phone and kissed her.

Back at the cottage, they made a pot of tea and sat at the table by the window. A storm was brewing over the ocean. It made the cottage seem even cozier. "I really like this cottage," said Drew.

"I've always been a fan of the arts and crafts movement," replied Naomi.

Drew considered the cottage's oak wood, built in bookcases, stone fireplace and stained glass in a few places.

"It suits you. Warm, cozy and inviting"

"Tell me about your late wife, unless it would bother you."

"No, it doesn't bother me. She pretty much raised the kids since I was working so many hours. She was the PTA president, a hospital volunteer, and the queen of the bake sale. She was smart as a whip, but also, compassionate."

"How was your relationship?"

"Good, we hardly ever fought. The passion dwindled over the years and it was actually nonexistent by the time she was diagnosed with cancer. The last three years were about fighting cancer. Her death hit the kids at an awkward time. They had flown the nest, but weren't fully independent. I guess there is really no good time to lose your mother or your spouse."

"I'm so sorry. How awful."

"Thank you. Tell me about your ex if you can."

"George changed with time. He was the star quarterback and hometown hero. When life didn't present the same adoration, he grew more bitter as he aged. The first infidelity I found out about was about seven years into the marriage. I honestly don't know how a marriage survives such a betrayal. Well, it didn't help that he never changed. It's as if he felt entitled to more than one woman at a time. I found out about the most recent affair, a year ago. It was then that I realized that I was squandering my life on him."

"That's an equally sad story."

"Samantha, my daughter, keeps asking me why I divorced him. I have tried and tried to put her off. I just don't want her relationships with men to suffer because her father couldn't keep it in his pants."

Drew closed the blinds and led Naomi over to the sofa. He pulled her down onto his lap and cuddled her for a while.

"How is it that some hot widow hasn't snapped you up?"

Drew laughed at that. "I was waiting for you."

"Charmer."

"In case you were asking, I haven't felt a connection with a woman since Camille. With you, it just feels right."

"I'm glad. I like you too. I feel like you deserve someone that comes to you from a happy marriage."

"I don't understand why. You have become who you are because of what you went through. I don't think we need to have gone through the same things to arrive at this place."

"Drew, I had a lovely time tonight, but I'm really tired."

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?"

"I'm okay. I'm sure it's just a cold or something."

"Alright. Lock the door behind me. Get some rest."

The next day, Drew couldn't get Naomi on the phone, so he went to Sully's to pick up some chicken noodle soup. He took it to the cottage to check on her. She opened the door and let him in. "I called. I became worried when I couldn't get you on the phone. I brought soup from Sully's."

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear the phone." She checked and realized that she had turned the ringer off.

A few hours later, Samantha showed up worried that she couldn't get her mother on the phone. "Mom, are you alright?" Samantha had a key to the cottage and walked in to see Drew holding her mother on the couch. "I called....." When Samantha realized what she was looking at, she didn't know what to say.

"Darling, you didn't need to come all this way."

"Mom, I called several times this morning. But when you didn't answer I got worried. Mom, who is this man?"

"Samantha, this is Drew Hamilton, my friend. Drew, this is my daughter Samantha."

"How do you do. Samantha, I think your mom is catching a cold, but I'm not entirely sure."

"Nice to meet you. Mom, why didn't you answer your phone?"

"I'm sorry, darling. I shut the ringer off last night and forgot to turn it back on."

"Mom, how long have you and Drew known each other?"

"It feels a lot longer, but a week I guess."

"And the two of you are cuddled up on the couch together? Mom, does that seem hypocritical?"

"Samantha, I am fifty years old. I'm not going to feel guilty for seeing Drew. He's a good man, who we are embarrassing, I'm sure."

"I'm not embarrassed or ashamed for seeing you."

"Thank you."

"If you don't need anything, then I'll just be going."

"Samantha, don't go. Please. Sit and talk for a while.'

"Samantha, would you please look your mother over. I'd like to make sure it's a cold and nothing more serious."

"Give me a second, I need to get some things from my car."

Samantha came back in with a backpack.

"Drew can you give us some room?"

Samantha sat beside her mother and ran her thermometer over Naomi's forehead. "99.4. A little high, but not alarming." She put the blood pressure and oxometer on her mother. "Blood pressure 115 over 75. Pulse 95. Oxygen 94. Mom, what are your symptoms?"

123456...9