Coda: 10 Songs

Story Info
Can you win a girl in 10 songs? (750 challenge)
842 words
4.76
1.7k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
THBGato
THBGato
117 Followers

This is my (first) effort at a 750 word story. It is a sequel of sorts for my story The Third Date, but I think it makes sense as a stand alone. That said, if you read this first it will slightly spoil one of the plot strands of The Third Date. This story will also make a lot more sense if you read that story first. There's no sex I'm afraid.

This story was written for the 2024 Literotica 750 Word Challenge, below this line are exactly 750 words:

Tuesday, Birmingham

"Hey! You having a good time fam?"

I smile as the crowd yells. There's definitely more here than last time. Double.

"Great! Us too! Now, if you've seen me before, you know I throw in a cover, a different one each time. So many great songs out there trust... It's always a secret, for real, I don't even tell my manager."

My eyes find her in the crowd by the merch table. I bet she's rolling her eyes. She won't even admit she's my manager. She's so much more.

I like the way your heart works...

Wednesday, Coventry

Love, love is a verb, love is a doing word...

Thursday, Nottingham

The rejection still stings. I'm not what she wants, not like that. I'm the wrong gender.

"Time to cover up," I tell the crowd. "You might not know this one: it's called Beautiful by Abigail Lapell."

If I could be other than I am

I'd take your photograph, take your hand

Friday, Liverpool

I'll tell myself, I'm over you

´Cos I'm the king of wishful thinking

Saturday, Manchester

Who is SHE? Why are you embracing HER like that? HER! What the actual...

Wait. I remember. The woman I thought was you going into a hotel with a woman that looked like her, that night you didn't come home.

I finish the song on autopilot, then stalk over to the drums. Yuki's pissed off, but surrenders the stool.

This isn't what we planned, but it's the right song. The band will have time to work it out.

I stare at you both as I sing.

Well, I was there and I saw what you did

I saw it with my own two eyes

So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been

It's all been a pack of lies

HER face flicks between you and me. She knows what I mean even if you are clueless. I watch her grab her coat and leave.

When I hit those drums, and the crowd roars, my anger dissipates in a cathartic rush of adrenaline. It's replaced by hope. I realise I shouldn't be angry with her, I should be thankful.

I've been waiting for this moment all of my life

Sunday, Leeds

Bloody drummers and their bruised egos! A distraction I could have done without. I need to get through to her.

With a friend

I can smile

But with a lover

I could hold my head back

I could really laugh

Tuesday, Cambridge

Argh! How dense can she be?

She drives me crazy, like no one else

Wednesday, London

Things we won't do for love,

Climb a mountain if I had to...

Thursday, Brighton

This can't go on. I need to get the message across. I need to make this as clear as I can. It'll also partly solve my other problem: Yuki's always wanted to play this.

"Hey, Brighton! You having a good time fam?"

Loud cheers come back. The place is packed.

"So, it's cover time, but I'm not gonna cover up, I'm gonna cover OUT! For real! You'll see..."

There's a second of silence as I hit the opening riff, the sound of hundreds of people holding their breath in disbelief.

I'm

Coming

Out

Then the recognition roar raises the roof.

I stare back to where I know she's standing as I sing. Are you getting the message my love?

Friday, Bristol

"It's great to be home! Bristol, I love you!"

The roar comes back. I feel the love in the room. I love this city.

I love her too. I need her to know. Somehow she still doesn't or she's holding back.

Well, this song worked for our friends. Maybe it'll work for us. She can't possibly miss the reference.

"It's our last song and it's time for a cover, Bristol. And every single one of you knows this one, trust. So sing it with me fam."

Take me,

Take me dancing

The crowd booms it back. I lower myself from the stage and walk amongst them. Familiar faces greet me, sing with me, but I'm moving past, heading in only one direction.

I see movement ahead. Our flatmates are hustling her towards me. They at least have worked this out.

We meet in the middle and my arm goes around her waist as I sing.

Sail

Sail away now

Hers go around my neck. She's smiling. I smile back.

As the song ends we kiss. It's everything I'll ever want.

Mic drop.

THBGato
THBGato
117 Followers