Cody Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She worked me for an hour before I was exhausted, and all I did was move my feet and hands. She let me sleep an hour before returning with more eggs and coffee.

"Eat, get your strength back, Pa needs your help on the ranch."

I looked at her, I knew she wanted me to stay but it wasn't going to happen. "Nancy, I appreciate everything you have done for me, and everything you are doing for me now, but know when I can sit in a saddle, I am riding for Montana."

She just gave me a little grin, "We will see."

The days blended together, I was really happy that after two days I could use a bedpan with little help, and after a week they got me out of bed and into a chair. Jed and Miguel supported me on each side as my feet drug along the floor. By the time we had walked across the room I was covered in sweat. I could not lift up the leg I had been shot in, but I could drag it along. Again I thought to myself, baby steps, just like a baby. Nancy rewarded my effort with a kiss much to my embarrassment and her fathers amusement.

Clara had made a full recovery and spent a lot of time with me, helping me move my arms and legs building my strength back up. I was back to feeding myself and eating regular meals. Once I knew I could sit in a chair without falling off I insisted on eating dinner with the family.

I had been awake for three weeks and started getting a bad case of cabin fever. By now I could walk with Nancy's help fairly decently, my bad leg still hurt and I had a hell of a limp. After lunch I asked Nancy if she thought we could walk around outside for a while.

We made it out the front door just fine, but I faced a new challenge, steps. There were only two of them from the porch to the ground, but to me it looked like a mountain. With my arm around Nancy, I was able to make the first step down with my bad leg. When I tried to put my weight on it for the next step it buckled. I had my arm around Nancy and knew she couldn't bear all my weight so I clumsily turned and fell onto my butt pulling her down on top of me.

At first she was worried I was hurt until I started laughing, then she quickly joined me. I laid there on my back with my arm still around her. Once we stopped laughing she looked into my eyes, leaned down and softly kissed me.

I reached around with my other arm to hold her tightly and kissed her back. Nancy started pressing herself to me and I was excited when I found myself getting hard. She stopped kissing me and looked into my eyes.

"It feels like another part of your body works again."

"Yeah, I don't feel like such a baby anymore, I am on my way to becoming a man again."

"I may call you my baby, but honey you have always been a complete man. Come on, let's get you walking and some fresh air."

She helped me up and we limped around the ranch, and made it to the barn. We stopped in front of my old bed, both of us wordlessly remembering our last night there.

"I am sure you are looking forward to me getting back here so you can have your bed back to yourself again."

"Do you really think I have nursed you back to health and shared my bed with you so you could just move back to the barn as soon as you can walk?"

"I just thought that since I would be leaving soon you would want your bed back."

Tears started streaming down her face, she turned and ran out of the barn and back to the house leaving me to make it back on my own.

I found a pitchfork leaning against the wall, so it became my crutch while I hobbled back to the house. When I made it back to the house I stopped and stared at the steps. Then I looked at where we had fallen into each other's arms and kissed.

I looked at the steps trying to decide how to get up them. I could lean forward and crawl, but I am not sure I could get to my feet again by myself. I decided I would be able to get the foot of my bad leg up, then I would try to push off the pitchfork and get my other leg up without falling.

I was just getting ready to take my first step when Nancy burst through the front door, grabbed the pitchfork out of my hand and threw it as hard as she could.

"I didn't spend the last two months nursing you back to health so you could break your neck on the steps."

She threw my arm over her shoulder and half drug me up the steps. She steered me to her room and sat me on the bed.

"Take a nap if you want, I am going to help mom with dinner."

Without another word or look she walked out the room and shut the door loudly.

They say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, Nancy was definitely pissed at me. However I have been telling her for months that I would be leaving, why is she pissed about it now?

For once I wasn't really tired, so I managed to push myself up to my feet and limp to the door. I hobbled out to the kitchen, and surprisingly only Anita was there. She looked at me and I asked "Nancy?"

She nodded her head to the front door "On the porch. Isaac, just to let you know she is scared to death right now. She needs you more now than she did before."

That confused me. How could she need me more now than when Alfie was coming for her. I hobbled out the front door and saw Nancy sitting in a chair on the porch softly crying. I made my way over to her and offered her my hand.

She stood and came into my arms clinging to me, she was shaking in fear, but from what I had no idea.

"Nancy, I dont know whats wrong, you always knew I planned on leaving. Why are you so mad at me now?"

She was sniffling into my neck and whispered, "I am not mad."

"Then what is it?"

"I am scared."

"Why are you scared?"

She held me even tighter before whispering, "I am pregnant with our child."

I was stunned, the night we made love seems like it was years ago. I just said the first thing that popped into my mind.

"You will be an amazing mother."

"Yeah, thankfully I have a loving family who will always be by my side, dont worry I am sure you will be strong enough to ride to Montana before it is born."

I leaned down and softly kissed her. "Yeah, but I only plan on being there for a day or two before coming back to you."

When I said that she started sobbing while holding me tightly. I was pretty sure she was happy, but the way she was sobbing I wasn't so sure.

"That is if you want me to come back, the way you are crying I can't tell."

She started shaking her head yes, still crying uncontrollably.

"Do you remember what I told you the night we made this baby?"

Her curiosity made her stop sobbing for a minute and shook her head no.

"When you asked me to do something for you, I told you I would do anything you asked of me."

"You will?"

"Yes, but you haven't asked anything of me since that night."

She reached up and kissed me.

"Will you stay here with me?"

"Yes, anything you ask of me."

"Would you consider marrying me so I don't have to live in shame?"

"Yes, anything you ask of me."

She smiled and kissed me again. "I kind of like this power."

I just laughed, "remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

She kissed me again "I won't abuse it. But I do have a few more things to ask of you."

"Yes dear."

"If it is a girl, can we name her Mary?"

"Yes, anything you ask of me."

"Can we have more babies after this one?"

"Yes, anything you ask of me."

"If we have a second girl, can we name her Desi?"

I choked up for a moment, Nancy knew how special Desi and the Mary's were to me, and she wanted to honor their memories.

"Yes dear, anything you ask of me."

"I just have one more thing to ask you. Will you make love to me again tonight."

"Yes dear, anything you ask of me."

THE END

Thanks for reading part two, I hope you enjoyed it.

I may do a follow up story about the lost years between leaving the wagon train and getting his revenge against Sandoval.