Combat Healer Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stepping back just in time, I finally focused on his stiff red body as he plummeted to the floor where I'd just been standing, only to notice the hilt of his sword. The sight triggered the reflexes I'd learned from training with Jackel, knowing what I had to do to win a fight, when the Stun ability was my only advantage.

In one swift motion I reached for the hilt as he smashed into the stone floor, only to draw it in the blink of an eye, and -- with both hands -- slam the tip right into the guy's muscled back.

It sank in like butter beneath my raw strength, right between his ribs.

The Red Oni screamed.

All the Guard immediately drew their weapons, even Vildred this time.

And I simply let go of the sword, took one step back, and then focused up at her again, even as the man choked and whimpered like a baby, trying to reach back to pull it out but being unable to, partially due to having so much tight muscle in his arms and shoulders.

But I had no sympathy for him.

The little bastard didn't even know real pain.

He had no idea what it felt like to feel real torment.

But I bet the Queen knew, just as I did.

Aside from the noises my opponent was making, struggling to breathe with a sword impaling his chest, almost seeming afraid to speak up and have me end him...it was otherwise completely silent for a long few seconds...

Before Vildred spoke again, his voice quiet this time.

"Stand down."

The Queen held my gaze, her tone almost haughty when she finally did speak.

"You dare draw blood in my presence?"

And that was the last straw.

This game was already pissing me off, her pretending that she was sincere in this ruse was pissing me off, and she'd just pushed me over the edge with her attitude.

"I know what you went through to become Queen!" I snapped.

Oh shit.

Everyone froze. Vildred stiffened in the corner of my eye.

I quickly continued, knowing it was too late to take that back.

"So yes, your Majesty. To prove that this team is inadequate, the Healer before you has drawn blood in your presence."

She didn't respond, continuing to stare at me with those hard purple eyes.

I decided to continue. "And I'm also aware of your strength too," I added. "You and I both know I am no threat to you. So unless you're just displeased to have his blood spilled here, instead of in the wilderness against a monster that would slaughter him and wear his skin, then I see no reason why it should bother you."

She still didn't say anything.

I gritted my teeth. "Now, I humbly ask you again. What do you really want?'

Finally, she parted her pink lips, her tone emotionless. "You do not fear death."

I frowned at that, only for a chill to run up my spine.

Oh fuck.

Was she referring to the attack just now...or was she implying that she was about to order me executed?

Shit.

I chose my words carefully, my tone more respectful. "No, your Majesty, I certainly do fear death, but I am also not a fool. This team is possibly the most inadequate group I have ever seen, and yet you seem set on proving that they are adequate. To the point that you commanded this guy..." I paused to gesture at the Red Oni still coughing at my feet. "To attack me, as if to prove that I am wrong. But I do not believe you to be a poor judge of strength. Which means you are well aware this team is inadequate. You are well aware this team isn't even strong enough to be accepted into one of the top five Guilds..." My voice cut off.

Unexpectedly, I saw something in her purple gaze, a sort of weariness, almost as if she wanted this charade to be over too. Which confused me, but also caused my approach to change dramatically.

My tone shifted, becoming more pleading. "So please, I sincerely beg of you, my Queen. Tell me what you really want, so that I might adequately provide it."

Her tone was quiet, almost somber, as she glanced at the Head of the Guard.

"Leave us."

Completely shocked, I looked over at General Vildred, seeing that he was just as stunned as I was, only for him to straighten abruptly. "My Queen," he said loudly, as if in opposition.

I focused on her again, seeing that she was staring him down.

Her tone was firm. "You heard me."

"As you command," he said loudly, abruptly turning around. "Everyone is to leave at once!" he added, when the group on my left didn't budge.

Everyone quickly began filing out, guards included.

"Allister," a somber voice unexpectedly said.

I focused up at the Queen in confusion, only for her to glance down toward my feet. "Would you please heal this man, so that he may leave as well?"

Please?

She said please?

To me?

Confused as hell, I reached down and began activating my Greater Healing while pulling the sword out, causing him to wince even as the healing effect took hold. He then got one knee underneath him, continuing to cough, only to look up at me when I held out his weapon.

Needless to say, he looked more ashamed and humbled than I was expecting, tentatively reaching out for the hilt and then backing up before turning to hurry out of the room, his shoulders hunched.

Once he was gone, and Vildred pulled shut the massive doors, I looked up at the Queen again, surprised by just how somber she looked. Like, really somber, as if she'd just found out that she lost her whole family or something.

The look in her eyes actually made me choke up, feeling like I was on the verge of tears myself, though I couldn't understand why.

It was completely silent for a long time.

Her full pink lips finally parted again, her tone soft. "Does it cause you discomfort to look upon me?" she wondered quietly.

I was so confused.

I didn't know how to respond, but I knew I should.

I cleared my throat. "Knowing that you're intelligent, powerful, shrewd, and very deserving of your status, along with the fact that I don't know your intentions, is what makes me uncomfortable," I admitted.

Her expression became even more somber, as if my response caused her great anguish. "Are you familiar with my good friend Sylvia Vanitas?"

What the...

"Umm, yeah..." I said uncertainly. "W-Why?"

"Earlier today, she came to me with a very unusual story. Would you perhaps allow me to recount it to you?"

I stared at her in shock and confusion.

None of this was making any sense.

Was this woman actually related to the elf girl I'd fallen in love with? Maybe she had a daughter that no one knew about?

Oh fuck, now that I was really thinking about it, they actually did look a lot alike. Same hair, same eyes, same complexion, and even the same overall shape of the face. Obviously this woman was a lot older, but still...

When I didn't respond, the Queen continued anyway.

"A fifteen-year-old human boy chased after a fourteen-year-old elf girl, in an attempt to save her life from a fruitless endeavor to save her father, and they were together swallowed up by a nearby Dungeon. For three months, they fought for their lives every waking hour of the day, and together survived hell by finding comfort in each other. The boy and girl became highly committed to each other, and soon exchanged vows, promising to always remain as one. And, as if in response to that commitment, the moment they first consummated their pledge, the boy gained a unique Skill. At first, the girl was thrilled. However, upon finding out what that skill might entail, the girl forbid him from using it, fearing for his life. But he disobeyed. They conquered the Dungeon, but upon doing so, they were both left dying. And so, the boy made a decision. He used the forbidden skill, and sacrificed his life, to save her life. That skill?" Unexpectedly, she choked up, losing her composure as her purple eyes began filling with tears, attempting to continue. "That skill...was called Soulmate."

I stared at her in disbelief.

I...

I didn't tell Mel those details...

Which meant I didn't tell Sylvia those details.

And yet...

My eyes widened in alarm as her tears began brimming over.

Eye of the Goddess activated on its own.

----------------------------------------

Eliza Ashryn Nylanthria

----------------------------------------

STATUS

Race: Elf

Gender: Female

Age: 120

Class: Mage

Focus: Electric Specialist

State: Bound (Allister Rosengard)

----------------------------------------

Bound...

Oh my God.

Instantly, my legs gave out and I fell to the floor, staring up at her as my chest began heaving, my heart racing, panic clawing at my lungs, suddenly feeling like I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't breathe.

"Elizatay?" I gasped, about to pass out. "Elizatay Mariona?"

With tears streaming down her face, Eliza abruptly left her throne and flew down the steps, her bare foot stepping right in the blood in front of me, as if it were a mere puddle of water, only to throw herself into my arms, embracing me tightly as she began sobbing.

Panic was squeezing my chest, confusion strangling my mind, and I was about to pass out.

This couldn't be happening.

This couldn't be happening.

How was this possible?

I'd last seen her six years ago, and yet she was a full century older.

And then it really hit me.

My love was in my arms.

I abruptly hugged her tighter, burying my face against her bare shoulder. "Eliza!" I sobbed. "Oh my God, Eliza!"

"I'm so sorry," she cried out, her body trembling. "I didn't mean to leave you! I didn't mean to leave you! Please forgive me. My love, please forgive me! I'm so sorry I left you. I..." Her voice choked as she sobbed again, holding me even tighter, her tone coming out as a whine. "I still remember the moment when the gate fell apart, and I realized you were still inside. Oh Allie, I died that day." She sobbed again. "I died that day, a century ago, and have spent every day since then trying to find you. Everything I've done, up until this moment, was in hopes that I might find you!"

And that's when it hit me.

The special instructions every time a special Quest was handed out to one of the top teams.

'Save anyone found in the Dungeon, at all costs.'

All this time.

All this time she'd been looking for me.

She became the Queen to look for me. She suffered greatly, even enduring trials of pain, all so that she might be placed in a position where she had endless resources to search for me.

All for me.

"Eliza," I sobbed, hugging her tightly. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that I didn't try harder to find you. I'm so sorry for using that skill on you, and leaving you. I just couldn't live with knowing you were dead. I'd rather die than see you dead!"

She cried harder. "And I couldn't live with you dead!" she sobbed. "My only hope was that I was bound to you! My 'Wisdom of the Goddess' told me I was still bound to you." She sobbed again, her voice a whine. "But it's been a hundred and six years! I began to believe it wasn't a sign that you were alive after all. I began to believe you were really d-d-de--"

Her voice broke and she began sobbing even harder.

Oh shit, this couldn't be happening.

Why was this happening?

How was she a full century older than me now?

Had I somehow remained frozen in time while stuck in the Dungeon?

I didn't understand.

And yet all I could think about was that she was in my arms again.

The love of my life was in my arms again...

It took me way too long to recover from that fact.

It took me way too long to stop crying.

I was just in complete shock and overwhelmed with suffocating emotions, trying to comprehend the fact that I'd stepped out of the Dungeon basically a hundred years after she did. And trying to comprehend that I was even alive after sacrificing my life to save hers, wondering if I truly had died, considering that I'd been gone from the world for a century...

It took way too long to collect myself.

So long, that there was finally a knock on the massive doors leading to the audience chamber, prompting Eliza to pull away in grief.

Her amethyst eyes were somber but also relieved.

"Please forgive me, my love, but I must be the Queen right now. It's the worst possible timing for something like this to happen, but this threat truly is apocalyptic if it's not dealt with soon."

"I...I understand," I replied, so many questions beginning to fill my mind, but knowing now wasn't the time to ask them.

Unexpectedly, she grabbed my face and pressed her soft lips against mine, the heat from her tears hot against my skin, the kiss full of desperation and affection. Before she pulled away, stood up, and turned to climb the stairs, to ascend the throne, being more careful to step over the puddle of blood this time.

I spoke without thinking. "Can I just ask one thing? Please."

She hesitated in her seat, before nodding.

"Why the test?" I asked seriously.

She grimaced. "I did it for you, my love. I elevated you in the eyes of my subjects. I was wrong and you proved me wrong in front of all of them." She hesitated. "Even if they disapprove of the tone you used with me, or how you spoke to me, they will acknowledge that you accurately determined the strength of another person. And they will acknowledge that you defeated what looked like a strong man. As a healer, you defeated someone I'd chosen to defeat a vicious beast. Those rumors, of what happened moments ago, will spread among the people. And you will finally be known throughout my kingdom, just as I am known."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Again, she did it for me.

"Now," she continued in a rushed tone. "Rise to your feet and wipe your face."

I quickly did so, even as she wiped her face.

"You may enter!" she then yelled.

The massive door creaked open, only for Vildred to appear, his expression extremely concerned. "My Queen, one of our scouts just returned. He's reported that he spotted a Flesh Collector in the area he was assigned to. A different one than Astaer Rootkin encountered."

"My God," Eliza exclaimed. "There's already two of them. Which means, there may be even more."

Focusing on her sincerely stunned expression, I unexpectedly made a decision.

This threat wasn't just a threat to the world.

It was a threat to my beloved.

And I would die for my beloved.

Again even, if I had to.

I abruptly dropped to my knee, causing Eliza to look down at me in alarm, even as I spoke loudly.

"My Queen, I have learned a spell that will cure the incurable. A spell that will heal those afflicted by the curse of the Arakna'cabra. With your permission, I will assemble a team of my choosing, and rid your kingdom of these demons." I focused up at her, seeing how distressed she was at my sudden proclamation, almost as if she didn't truly want to send me on this mission. "For within your kingdom is a woman I love above all else, and I would die for her. Again, and again, I would die for her."

I could see her holding back the tears.

But then her expression became determined, and she abruptly stood, staring down at me.

Her tone was firm. "Then, as your Queen, I will personally accompany you to ensure these demons are slain. For I too would soon sacrifice my own life, before seeing this kingdom, and all I love within it, see destruction and ruin."

I was speechless.

I knew there were probably issues with her outright proclaiming to love me, but this just proved the truth behind everything she'd already said.

She'd die for me. Just as I'd died for her.

She'd spent all her life searching for me, and now that she'd found me, she would not let me go.

Directing her attention to the Head of the Guard, she gave a command.

"Go, and announce to the whole kingdom. I, Queen Eliza Ashryn Nylanthria, will leave my throne to personally join the fight against this demon, and defeat that which threatens our world. And the powerful Healer, Allister Rosengard, will lead the assault team into battle. Ensure that there is not a soul in the kingdom who is not aware of these actions."

Holy shit, she was trying to make me a War Hero.

Not only would I lead the assault team, I would lead the Queen herself into battle.

Vildred's response was immediate, a deep respect in his tone as he bowed.

"As you command, my Queen."

-

I update my Bio on Literotica frequently to reflect my Release Schedule and what chapters are pending review.

Submitted: March 16, 2023 to Literotica (Copyright 2021 Kaizer Wolf)

12