Come Home With Me Pt. 03

Story Info
Life takes a turn Martin never imagined, in a very good way.
12.1k words
4.8
19.3k
53
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/13/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
R410a
R410a
2,968 Followers

Well here ya go. It's a day or two later than I anticipated, but a broken wrist tends to slow you down. Doing well though. Hopefully this will satisfy the ones who felt there wasn't enough romance, Old Sage will forgive me for making him wait and any remaining errors will be graciously tolerated. Some will say I ended it too soon, but, you can only take theses stories so far before you've eliminated the original premise. Hopefully the wait was worth it.

Come home with me part three

There I was, scared shitless by a tiny human less than two feet long and probably not much more than twenty pounds. Gloria had put her in my rams and told me to burp her by patting on the babies back. I had no idea what was or wasn't the right way to do it, hell, my hand covered her entire tiny back. What if I do it too hard, or worse yet, not hard enough and she doesn't burp. Damn you Gloria, this was not fair.

Just then I heard a soft rumbling in Marna's chest followed by a soft belch. Then another, holy cow, I had done it, without breaking her. I had no idea what to do next, just then Gloria walked into the room with an older version of her right behind. Before I could react or say a thing the older lady scooped Marna from my arms and held her close.

"How's grannie's little angel this morning?" Looking at me she asked. "Did she burp?"

I was tongue tied for what seemed like the first time in my adult life. All I could do was nod like a bobble head, what surprised me more than anything was the smile I got.

"Hi, I'm Dora, Glory's mom. And you must be Martin, nice to meet you. How did you know to come see Gloria and the baby?"

Gloria motioned to her mom, "Have a seat ma, I need to get a cup of coffee, I have a feeling it's going to be a long morning. Want one?" Her mother nodded.

I was in a daze when Dora's voice broke through.

"You didn't answer Martin. How did you know Gloria had the baby?"

Gloria walked into the room with two coffees', sat one in front of her mom and told me to scoot over as she sat next to me.

"He didn't mom. He was unaware that he was a father until twenty minutes ago. I think he's on the way home from California. Is that right?"

I had finally calmed down enough to give what I thought was a credible answer.

"Yes, I had been in California visiting friends and watching their daughters dance recital. The closer I got to here the more I wanted to stop and see Gloria if she was home from school."

Dora grimaced, "Yes, well, that's a topic you two need to discuss. It isn't my place to speak. Will you be staying a few days Martin? Plenty of room at the ranch and you'll get to be around your daughter."

Blindsided, but in a good sort of way, "Umm, yeah, I guess I could do that. There isn't anything pressing at home that needs my attention. Gloria, do you want me to stay?"

She hooked her arm through mine and squeezed, "I would love that Marty, I would absolutely love that."

Dora looked me in the eye, "Okay, we'll see you two for lunch, I'll get a bedroom in the small house set up, Wally will be in by then. He'll want to meet you. I'll be taking this little bundle with me so you two can talk. Noon Glory, no later."

My head was nothing more than a glob of fucking mush. I was more shell shocked over the fact that I was a dad than anything I'd witnessed in Afghan. Watching Dora leave I turned to Gloria.

"I'm a dad, my mind won't stop whirling. Your dad is gonna hate me, I knocked up his little girl and didn't even know it. This aint good, maybe I shouldn't have agreed to stay over, especially at your house. By the way, is your name Glory, or Gloria?"

Gloria had the look of a saint as she gazed up toward my face, "It's Gloria, they've always called me Glory, but right now I need you to be quiet long enough to kiss me. Kiss me like you missed me."

The kiss was soft, tender, filled with intimacy. No tongues, no slobbering all over each other, no roaming hands. Just a simple "I missed you" kind of kiss. Breaking she settled back an inch or two from my body.

"I've missed you Marty. When I first realized I was pregnant I was mad, and then I remembered how we made each other feel even though we knew it was a one-night fling. After that I thought about you all day, every day, the day I went into labor I longed for you to be with me. We knew each other less than 24 hours, but I knew in my heart you were the one I'm meant to have more babies and grow old with."

"I don't understand Gloria, I thought you told me you were on the pill."

She smirked, "I was, but as the instructions say, they aren't fool proof. I became a statistic, a very pregnant statistic."

"Your mom made a statement about not speaking. What was that about?"

Taking my hand she entwined her fingers through mine, "Well, I had to drop out of school. There were minor complications and I was three hours away. I have one semester left and I can graduate with a teaching degree. It was my dream along with mom and now I don't think I'll ever see that come to pass. I have a daughter to raise."

The remainder of the morning was spent walking through the small ranching/farming community holding hands and talking. Everybody, Gloria included, wore a cowboy, or girl, hat. Or so it seemed. I was pleasantly surprised how laid back folks were as well as accepting of the fact that Marna's daddy was in town. No nasty looks, no off handed comments, everyone spoke to Gloria as we would pass and nod toward me. A few tipped their hat, most simply acknowledged we were on the sidewalk and went on their way.

It was late morning, we were talking about going to her folks when we were approached by a tall stocky looking woman, I judged her to be at least six foot two based on my height. She wasn't scowling, but there was a look of seriousness on her face, I wasn't sure what direction things were going to go. The lady was pretty enough in her own right with attractive features, at the same time it was obvious that hard work was nothing new to her. When she was a few feet away both she and Gloria took off their hats and hugged. Pulling back the older lady asked.

"Where's the munchkin, and why aren't you at work if you don't have her?" Looking me over from head to foot she turned to Gloria. "Is this the guy?"

"Yes, this is Martin. Martin, this is my aunt Arla. Dad's only sister."

I extended my hand expecting a soft but firm handshake, what I got was what I'd expect from a guy her size. Firm, strong, a full grasp, none of that, fingers only bull crap. Looking back at Gloria with my hand still firmly held in hers she asked.

"So, is he stayin, or is he gonna run off like last time?"

Gloria bristled at her remark, "First off auntie, he didn't run off. It was a one-night stand, he left in the morning and I headed back to school. Neither of us expected anything like this, I was on the pill. Remember?"

Letting go of my hand she stepped back, "Yeah, I guess I did know that. How long you stayin boy? We could use another pair of hands. You kids take care, I'll see you later Glory."

I was dumbfounded. No one had called me boy in I couldn't remember how long. I looked down at Gloria.

"What the hell was that about? How long am I staying, they could use more hands. Does she think I'm some down and outer who's looking for a summer job?"

Gloria hooked her arm through mine prompting me forward.

"C-mon, we need to get going, mom will have lunch ready and she won't be pleased if we're late. Don't fret about Aunt Arla, I'm her only niece and she thinks she's looking out for me. She'll soften, just give her time."

The thoughts in my head were whipping around like a windstorm. She'll soften, just give her time. What was that supposed to mean? If Gloria's dad is anywhere near as tall as the sister I'll be looking dead into his eyes, not something I'm used to. Then there was the, we can use more hands comment. Gloria must have sensed my loss of concentration, she stopped and held my arm which made me stop.

"Put your mind at rest Martin, you aren't going to be roped into a shotgun marriage, although that's probably what daddy will want. You need to understand, I've spoken about you every day for months, it's like they know you but have never met you. I realize it sounds goofy, but I felt something the night we were together and the next morning when we made love in the supply room, I felt it again. I knew I could be with you forever."

"Martin, there's a tenderness about you within that rough exterior. Yes, you're big and bad looking, but what I see is a man who needs to be loved and cared for by a woman who wants to do those sort of things. For her man. That hole in your heart is waiting to be filled, let it happen."

I was enthralled with the ranch as we pulled into the long gravel driveway, it seemed to go on forever. There were numerous outbuildings along with a larger house and a smaller one about 100 yards away from it. The main house looked like a postcard with a wrap around porch on all four sides, chairs and small tables positioned throughout. It was easy imaging an evening, or very early morning, sitting on that porch watching the world go by. Dora was in a chair with a cold drink of some sort in hand. As we approached the porch she stood.

"Babies down for a nap. She wasn't very happy that mama wasn't here to nurse her, you got a tit baby there girl. It won't be easy to ween her when the time comes, kinda like you were. Anyway, come on in, your dad will be here momentarily, he just texted to say he was on the way."

"Where is he at today mom?"

"Checkin sugar beets, he wants to make sure they got a good start. We've had almost too much rain this spring. The wheat and beans are looking strong, should be a good year."

I was helping Gloria set the table when we heard fussing coming over the baby monitor. Gloria looked at me.

"You wanna get her? Then I can help mom finish lunch."

I was about to answer when a loud but commanding voice interrupted.

"I'll get her, she likes her grandpa."

I spun to see a man as tall as I was, he wasn't as big physically but there was no doubt he was stout and fit. He had that quintessential cowboy look, grizzled, weather beaten face, long body with solid features, a moustache that covered most of his upper lip, and a gnarly beat up looking hat. He hadn't been five steps through the door when Dora yelled.

"Hat. You know the rules. Take that nasty thing off before you pick up Marna."

Placing the hat on a rack he turned in my direction, looked me over from head to foot and back up again, nodded slightly and turned down the hall where the baby sounds were coming from. I thought, 'what the hell, do these people not speak, just nod their head' it was something very new to me. Back home in Minnesota everybody said hello, this was certainly different. Gloria was seated on the couch opening her blouse as her dad brought the baby to her, as soon as the nursing bra was open that little stinker was rooting all around.

With a finger Gloria moved the nipple into her hungry little mouth, I watched as her tiny cheeks caved in when she sucked. I had never seen a baby nursing before, it had me mesmerized. Those tiny pink lips wrapped around Gloria's dark areola, the nipple being stretched into her mouth at least an inch. Gloria would softly pat her butt as the baby nursed. I stood behind her leaning over the back of the couch watching and thinking.

"That's my little girl. Maybe Gloria was right, maybe she was what would begin healing the hole in my heart." I was watching intently when I heard Dora's voice.

"Come sit down Martin, she'll be a few minutes yet. Gloria is pretty full and the baby will likely drain most of that."

Her dad was seated at the table watching me, when I sat he stood and reached across the table to shake my hand. As I grasped it I knew where Aunt Arla had gotten her grip from, we finished shaking hands and sat down. Wally bowed his head, said grace and dug in. Little was said over the scalloped potatoes and a small steak of some sort. Gloria sat next to me as I was finishing, Wally reached to take Marna, Gloria held her tight to her chest.

"Martin. Would you like to burp her again? Just like this morning, she's been a pig this time though so she may upchuck a little. I'll put a cloth on your shoulder."

I looked at Gloria, then at Dora and Wally, who looked hurt. Dora reached up and took his hand causing him to look at her. Dora smiled and nodded as Wally sat. Dora stood and then sat on his lap with a soft kiss.

"It's okay dad, we knew this day was gonna come sooner or later. He needs to be with his little girl, just like you were with Glory. Come, let's sit on the porch for a few before you go back to the fields."

I was softly patting Marna's back when a huge burp announced itself followed by some sour smelling something or another. Gloria smiled, wiped the babies mouth clean and took her from me grabbing the blanket off my shoulder at the same time. Tossing the cloth into the laundry room she sat next to me, scooting the chair so our bodies were touching. I sat staring at the little bundle of innocence, my mind drifted back to Lili and how she had the ability to capture my heart and ease my inner demons at the same time. I felt the same thing with Marna.

Gloria's voice pulled me from my train of thought, "I thought she might spit up, she ate so much, I'm empty. You know Marty, I'd let you have a little taste if there was anything left. Let's go on the porch for a bit."

As we were about to open the screen door Gloria stopped, with the baby in her arms between us she raised on tippy toes and kissed me, a long, soft, intimate kiss. Lowering herself she put a hand on my chest.

"Whether you stay or go Marty, know that I will always love you. I only hope you could learn to love me as much as I do you."

We were standing hugging with Marna in between us when I heard her dad speak.

"So he's the reason we had to take out a loan against the ranch? It's been free and clear except for collateral to purchase new equipment, but even at that we haven't had to borrow for over ten years."

Dora's soft voice followed, "It was what needed to be done. Gloria would have lost the baby if she'd have gone untreated, and to be honest. Twenty thousand dollars was well worth every penny to have her and our granddaughter here with us."

Wally continued, "What about fuzz-nuts? You think he'll step up, or is he just using our daughter as a quick lay?"

I heard her slap his arm, "Stop it Walter, you can be so damned crass sometimes. Give the boy a chance, I've invited him to stay a few days. Get to know him before you bury him."

"I aint gonna bury him Dora, but I sure as hell aint gonna have him walk all over my baby girl either. He may be bigger than me, but even he aint gonna stop a 45 hollow point."

"Damn your hide Walter, I said stop it, and I mean it. If you want to get lucky tonight you'd better change your attitude."

He grunted, "Yeah, speakin of getting lucky, he better not think he's gonna be sleepin with Glory and the baby. Aint gonna happen."

Gloria had apparently heard enough and walked out the screen door with me in tow. We sat in the chairs opposite her parents.

"No daddy, we won't be sleeping in the same bed. I can't yet anyway, which is neither here nor there. I'm going to let Trina know I plan to take the rest of the week off, she only hired me for a bit of mad money anyway. I want to show Martin the ranch and countryside. Do you think you can handle that dad?"

Grabbing his hat off the small table between he and Dora he looked at Gloria, put the hat on and muttered.

"I reckon." Followed by kissing Dora.

My eyes followed him as he walked into a machine shed big enough to hold an airliner. The sound of a massive diesel engine broke the silence as I watched him leave the shed driving the biggest tractor I had even with some sort of digging apparatus behind. It had eight huge tires and articulated in the center. Gloria looked at Dora with a questioning look.

"Part of the sugar beets got to wet, he's gonna chisel plow those few acres this afternoon and disc the ground tomorrow. He said the rest of the beets are looking strong."

Sugar beets, soybeans, acres and acres of wheat, it was all new to me. I figured the best way to learn was to ask.

"How big is your ranch? It seems pretty huge compared to my forest land."

Gloria was cooing and sweet talking Marna to sleep so Dora answered. "Wally's great-grandparents started out with eighty acres which they managed to hold onto through the great depression. Through the years they and Wally's parents continued to buy land adjacent to ours as it came available. We bought an additional 400 acres a few years after we married which brings us to a total of 1506."

And here I was thinking I had ample acreage, it was a drop in the bucket compared to what they owned and farmed. Gloria was going to lay the baby down and nap while she did. Dora suggested I drive back into town, check out of the motel and be back by four, about the time Wally would be back. She was sure he'd want to get to know me better. Driving back into town I found myself thinking along the same lines, I'd like to know him better as well. As I was hooking up the trailer a couple of older boys approached asking if I had a chopper inside. They oo'd and ahh'd over every detail and then said, "thanks mister" as they raced away on their bicycles.

What Gloria had said about me learning to love her as much as she loved me was constantly at the forefront of my every thought. Instead of returning to the ranch immediately I drove around town and then into the country a few miles. Other than a few subdivisions at the edge of town, everywhere I looked it was just like the ranch. Wide open spaces with clumps of trees interspersed here and there throughout the landscape. It was so much different than where I'd been living, and yet, it somehow seemed inviting, as though I could dwell here.

I thought long and hard about Gloria, she was attractive in her own way. She'd never be a cover model, but then I was nothing special either, what I did sense though is that she would be a loyal and dedicated wife. The girl I'd known a year before had been replaced by a woman with a baby, my baby. I pondered Adrian's past words encouraging me to let someone past the wall and fill the hole in my heart. I'd spent most of my life angry, maybe it was time to grow out of that stage and become a man of responsibility, to be a husband, to be a dad.

I noticed Walt turn into the driveway just before I did, he was driving a Ford dually that looked like a farm truck should. Mud, manure, some scrapes and dents, it was certainly no family vehicle. He was outside the truck and pointing me in the direction of the ranch home aways from the house. By the time I reached the house he was already there. I couldn't get over how this man seemed larger than life, there was something about him that intrigued me.

"Jist park it over there by the garage, that way it'll be out of the way of machinery and such. Dora opened the house and made up a bed, there should be plenty of towels and such in the linen closet next to the bathroom door. Why don't ya move yer stuff in, get cleaned up and I'll see you at the house in about twenty minutes. Dora don't like it when people are late for supper. Hope yer hungry."

I couldn't seem to place who he looked and sounded like until I was traipsing toward the house fifteen minutes later. That grubby cowboy hat, weathered face, a moustache that covered his entire upper lip and a deep gravely voice. It hit me just as I reached the back deck, "Sam Elliot" the movie star, that's who he looked and sounded like. I was grinning from ear to ear as I stepped onto the deck, Gloria was waiting for me with Marna in her arms. With a kiss as sweet as honey she spoke softly.

R410a
R410a
2,968 Followers