Come Home With Me Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Walt and Dora moved us into what they call the big house after our second was born. Though he is still strong I can see Walt slowing a bit more each year. In time he'll be able to do less, we added another 174 acres to our ranch between child number two and three. We've agreed that's as big as we ever want to be. We have all we want to continue making a good living and keep two guys working full time.

There are evenings when our tribe of squealing energetic kids are in bed that we sit on the porch watching the sunset as we reminisce about our one-night stand. We now talk about it as though fate had plans we'd never imagined. My skin is beginning to look grizzled and weather worn like Walts, and yes, I wear a cowboy hat these days. In fact all our family does, even the kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Though my hand is no longer swollen to the point that it looks like a baseball mitt, things are still very tender and sore. I have mobility with the cast on, but I'm limited, I have more stories I had written before injuring myself and they're ready for editing. Unfortunately I have the energy level of a sloth, so it'll be a few weeks before I publish anything new.

How it happened. I'm standing at the grocery store a few feet in from the end of a row when around the corner comes somebody in one of those frickin motorized carts, and as usual he's not looking where he's going. When the basket hit the back of my legs, my knees buckled and I fell backward. Of course my first instinct was to try and grab something to break the fall, when the outside of my wrist hit the edge of that metal shelf I knew I had more than a bruise.

So there I am, ass over tea kettle on the floor with cans falling on my body as the shithead backs up, says "oops, sorry man" and drives away. An older lady and a younger one were about 20 feet away watching the entire incident, the older told the younger to get help. Within a minute store personnel were there trying to comfort me, I just wanted to go home, they insisted I wait for an ambulance, glad I did. Now it's just a matter of time to heal, and I still don't have that can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup I originally stopped to get.

When I became a widower the young family next door basically adopted me, she stops in to check on me three or four times a day. She's a gem. She went out of her way when she noticed the laundry basket was full and washed my skivvies, she's like a daughter to me.

Well, onward and upward, see you in a few weeks. Thanks for understanding. R410a