Commercial Sales Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh...my...God...you guys!", Kate said loudly into her hands, then looking up at Mikki's laughing face.

Jay took a seat at the bar, looking down at the table. "Kate, you're red. What's the matter?" he laughed.

Kate just shook her head, trying to recover; looking over at him. "I'm so sorry, Jay; really."

"Kate, c'mon; you're fine. If you don't have fun working hard, you're in the wrong line of work," Jay laughed, trying to ease Kate's humiliation. "Seriously, I'm totally impressed you know those lyrics. Why? How?" he asked.

Kate took a few seconds to settle down. "Um, Randy...my step-dad. He used to play '70s and '80s music in the house when we were growing up...oh, my God," she chuckled. "I mean, he likes all kinds of music; country, rap, jazz. He wasn't stuck in the '70s and '80s...that was the music of his youth, ya know?" she added.

Jay nodded; still impressed Kate could rap without missing a beat. Jay looked at Mikki. "What's going on today?" he asked.

Mikki laughed, "Well, obviously, Kate was putting on a show," she explained as Kate squinted her eyes at Mikki, "but Kate was doing something with her calculator and the blueprints," Mikki continued.

Jay looked back at Kate, taking her slightly off guard. "Oh, um...I was just doing some thinking; that's all," she said, downplaying her work.

"Kate, don't be shy. You don't do 'some thinking' while pecking away on a calculator. If it's important enough to pull out a calculator, it's important enough to tell the boss; even if your thoughts are still incomplete," Jay schooled her.

"Oh, um...okay," she stuttered, still collecting her thoughts. She slid the blueprints to the edge of the table near Jay. "Look; here. See, the length and width of the building, right?" she pointed to measurements written on the plans. "Now, look at the size of the condos. For the most part, the condos are basically the same, right? I mean, I get it, each condo can probably be slightly modified, right?" Looking at Jay, she began to make her case while Mikki watched from her seat; legs crossed, chin on her fist.

"The plans show four three-bedroom condos on the first floor and five two-bedroom condos per floor on the remaining three floors, nineteen condos, right?" she looked into Jay's eyes, he nodded. "So, let's suppose, you take several feet from the width of each condo. At the end of the building or even in the middle, by the elevator; because, let's face it, who wants to be next to an elevator, right? Anyway...how do you feel about designing slightly smaller condos; smaller square feet, like a one bedroom or even a studio condo with the extra space created by shrinking the other condos?" she explained.

Jay and Mikki replied together, "Why?"

"Because, these condos are going to sell regardless if they have an extra three feet added to them or subtracted from them. These aren't cheap, the clientele you're attracting are successful people, middle to upper management; doctors, administrators...right? I mean, the medical center is only ten or fifteen minutes away," she looked at Jay and Mikki. "You add a smaller unit to each floor, you're attracting the younger, single professional who doesn't need two or more bedrooms. Also, you could market these to the hospitals for traveling nurses and interns for short term leases," she paused again, shifting her eyes between them as she saw Jay's eyes start to get her point.

Jay studied the plans for a few seconds. "I still have nineteen condos, a bit smaller, but a smaller condo on each floor that we could lease to the hospitals or an agency and they'll manage them?" Jay studied, looking at the plans, then at Kate. "Twenty-three condos total, but four are small...like a one-bedroom or so, right?"

"Exactly! You're opening an opportunity for single professionals who don't need a large space...or traveling nurses...whoever...short term, high-end...a safe place to reside for a few weeks, a few months...whatever," Kate replied, her eyes darting back and forth between Mikki and Jay.

Jay folded his arm across his abdomen and put his other hand to his chin; quietly thinking as he looked at the plans. Jay's eyes lifted to meet Kates, then back to the plans. He sighed deeply.

"What are you thinking, hon?" Mikki asked.

Jay remained silent for another twenty seconds or so; an eternity to Kate. Jay exhaled noticeably. He looked at Mikki. "I'm thinking that not only can Kate rap like a pro, she just impressed me," he told her.

Kate felt a weight lift off of her as he ended the suspense. "Let me run this by the team. I don't know if they had thought about this, but Kate has made a very valuable point about single professionals. I really think she has a good point," he looked back a Kate as she softly smiled in return.

Jay looked back and studied the plans for a few more seconds. "Kate?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you rap this song, too?" he asked with a slight smile, pointing his thumb over his shoulder at the speakers as the playlist continued.

Kate waited, then jumped into the rap. "Got my ten in my hand and a gleam in my eye. I'm a loc'd out gansta, set trippin' banger and my homies is down so don't arouse my anger...FOOL" she rapped along, forming a gun with her index finger and thumb; trying not to laugh as her head bobbed and she moved in her chair.

Jay howeled, waving his hand letting her know she could stop as the three of them laughed at Kate's hidden talent.

Jay stood and leaned down to kiss Mikki. "I'm going to the office. I'll be back later." Jay looked at Kate. "Good job. I like the way you think. What made you think of the single professional?" he asked.

"Residential sales background. Not everyone looking for a place to live is married with kids," she replied.

"Wow. Good job...I don't think anyone considered that...I know I didn't, Kate," Jay expressed as he walked past her and turned towards the stairs.

"Jay?" Kate asked.

Jay stopped on the first step and looked at her.

"Thanks. Thanks for the salary, the car...the opportunity. Seriously, I won't let you down; promise," Kate told him.

Jay smiled. "I can tell," he said as he headed up the stairway.

The girls watched as Jay disappeared up the stairs. "Mikki, get in touch with Tommy. Have him take Kate to the industrial district to have a look around...just so she knows what's down there. Make sure he shows her the properties we own and what's already been sold," Jay instructed from the top of the stairs.

"Okay, babe," Mikki replied.

"Who's Tommy?" Kate quietly asked after she made sure Jay was gone.

"The mentor Jay assigned to help you," Mikki replied.

"Oh," Kate nodded.

Mikki looked at Kate, her chin on her hand and raised her eyebrows. "Kate, I don't think you have any idea the impact you just made on Jay. That was incredible," she told her.

"Yeh, well. I just hope I can impress him from time to time and not just this once...ya know?" Kate answered.

Per Jay's instructions, Mikki set up a meeting between Kate and Tommy at the office. The next day, Kate met Mikki, Jay and Tommy at the office; her first time there. Tommy was a short man, early 50s and walked with a slight limp from a motorcycle accident years ago. After spending a few minutes at the office with Jay and Mikki, Kate and Tommy headed to the industrial district. Kate quickly determined Tommy was no slouch. Tommy's knowledge of city planning, real estate, taxes, zoning and more made him an excellent fit for Jay's team.

Kate and Tommy spent over three hours in the area; Kate taking notes...asking questions. Tommy and Kate hit it off; they seemed to think on the same level, although Tommy still had years of experience over Kate. Over lunch, Kate pumped Tommy for as much information as she could get from him. Tommy was impressed that she took notes at the table. Tommy took notice of the questions she asked and the comments she made. Kate was like a sponge when he spoke.

At the office, Kate and Tommy exchanged phone numbers. Kate felt secure that Tommy was a text or email away when she needed help. Mikki was no longer in the office, so Kate texted Mikki letting her know they were back at the office. Mikki replied telling Kate to take the rest of the day off and be at her house tomorrow after 9am.

The next morning, just before 9am, Kate walked into Mikki's house and found Mikki sipping coffee in the kitchen. Mikki stood as Kate approached, opening her arms for a hug.

"Nuh-uh," Kate waved her index finger at Mikki as she set her handbag and laptop down on the table, walking past her. Mikki watched Kate move down the short hallway, past the half-bath and pantry, opening, then closing the door to the garage. Mikki, caught off guard, looked at Kate with curiosity. Kate came back to the kitchen. "Just checking," she said as she hugged, then kissed a stunned Mikki.

"Checking for what, girl?"

"Jay's car, bitch," Kate firmly stated. "I will never be taken by surprise that Jay is in the house and I'm not aware of it...ya know? Remember; Tuesday?" Kate told her, squinting her eyes at Mikki, trying to hold back a smile.

Mikki laughed, remembering Kate's rapping abilities witnessed by Jay. "Oh sure, go ahead and laugh, bitch...real funny," Kate scoffed, grabbing a water from the fridge; looking at Mikki in an unsuccessful attempt not to laugh. She grabbed her handbag and laptop from the kitchen table.

"I'm going downstairs to look at the map and some information. I had a good day with Tommy yesterday; smart man. I have an idea I want to work on...to see if my theory will work," Kate told Mikki.

Mikki looked at Kate, impressed again. "Okay, need any help?" she asked.

"Not right now. Again, just an idea. I need to do some more thinking on it," Kate said as she started down the stairs.

"Okay, girl. I'll be down shortly," Mikki said, her voice tapering off as Kate quickly went out of earshot down the stairs. Mikki finished her coffee, impressed by Kate's drive. Mikki also chuckled thinking of Kate's sense of humor regarding looking into the garage for Jay's car.

12