Cooper Family Pride Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Or what?"

"Or I'll be forced to retaliate."

Jason laughed out loud. "You want to fight?"

"No. I couldn't fight you. I'm not dumb."

"Then what are you gonna do, Fuckface?"

"Well..." Danny waved him closer. He whispered ominously. "I can fuck up your world. I can control minds."

Jason laughed so hard that he actually had tears in his eyes. "Okay! You can use your geek mind ray on me! I'm ready!" He held his arms outstretched as if he expected to be teleported somewhere.

Danny stared back at him blankly. "I'm just asking you to leave me alone. Okay? What's wrong with that?"

"You're a fucking retard, Fuckface." Jason replied, still laughing. "Fuck, man! That was like the funniest shit I've heard all week."

He turned to leave but leaned back for a moment and slapped the end of Danny's soda soaked tray flipping it onto his lap. It was a disgusting mess. The cafeteria erupted in laughter as Danny stood up and walked out dripping mashed potatoes and gravy onto the floor.

******

Danny waited in the office. The nurse was checking to see if they had any pants in his size in the lost and found. His were still wet with a few clumps of mashed potato on them. He wondered if he should've said anything to Jason about his power. He felt stupid. But Jason laughed in his face anyway so maybe it wasn't a big deal. He was just so angry with him. He wanted to use it so badly.

Mandy walked in and checked with the receptionist before taking a seat.

"Hey, Danny!" She smiled and then frowned when she saw his pants. "I'm so sorry about that."

"Why do you always apologize for him?"

"I don't know?" She shrugged. "I don't like the way he is sometimes. I feel bad that this stuff happens to you. But he's my brother. We're Coopers."

"Coopers." He snorted derisively. "What does that even mean?" He muttered the question and then looked at her. "Why are you nice to me?"

"Because you're cute and you're nice." She said frankly. "So, are you telling on him? That why you're here?"

"Nah. That only makes it worse. They're checking to see if they have some pants I can wear." Danny replied, heartened by her admission. "What about you?"

"I forgot my uniform at home. My dad is driving it over for me."

Greg Cooper pushed open the door to the office holding a garment bag. He was dressed in a business suit and looked every bit like his reputation. He saw his daughter talking to Danny in the waiting area. He surveyed the boy noting his soiled pants and his worn sneakers. He frowned slightly without giving it much thought.

"Princess!" He said, giving his daughter a hug. "Your mother had it dry cleaned. You should look perfect. A Cooper always presents their best self."

She walked toward the door with him. "Thanks, daddy!" Mandy turned back. "Bye, Danny! I hope your day gets better."

Danny blushed, smitten. "Bye!"

"Who was that?" Greg asked her.

"That's my friend Danny. I think he's kind of cute." She admitted shyly to her father. They shared everything.

Danny stepped closer to the door, listening as they walked away. He didn't know they were friends. He didn't know he was cute either. He was really taken with her. What would it be like to date Mandy Cooper? He smiled at the thought. His heart fluttered.

"Does that look like the kind of boy you should be friends with, princess? I like keeping you and Jason in public school. But you're better than these kids. You can do better than that one. You're a Cooper, princess. Remember the Cooper family pride! Did you see how he was dressed? It says a lot about a person."

"I'm sorry, daddy." She held his arm as they walked. "I forget sometimes."

Danny hung his head and slumped back in his seat. Even their dad was a dick. True to his reputation. The Coopers were assholes.

The nurse handed him a pair of brown checkered pants. "This is all we've got." She shrugged.

They looked like they were from the seventies.

******

Danny sat in his room reading. He had his head buried in the book How To Win Friends And Influence People. Stacked on his nightstand were copies of The Art of Seduction, Art of War, The Power of Habit, among others. He was trying to understand how people think.

He hoped that things would change at school. They hadn't. The abuse continued. It was endless verbal abuse on top of the few times a week he got shoved in a locker or pushed down the stairs. He kept it bottled up and took his licks, never using his ability.

When he got home at night, it wasn't much better. His dad continued to be the world's biggest asshole that couldn't hold a job to save his life. Although, he kept his distance from Danny. There was something about that night in the bedroom that he couldn't explain and it haunted him.

Their situation remained uncomfortable. Money was tight. His mom tried to hold everything together as best as possible. She looked tired most of the time, and that made Danny feel bad for her. She deserved better.

Danny held onto his big secret. He didn't dare share it with anyone. It had only been three weeks since he discovered his ability to control people, and he'd only done what amounted to parlor tricks in safe places where nobody knew him. He wanted to be cautious, and he found that it was trickier and more nuanced than it looked. He kept studying and reading about how the mind works in his spare time.

While he promised himself not to use his new power on people around him, he wanted Jason Cooper to suffer. He couldn't handle looking at his pompous Cooper face. As a matter of fact, it was Mr. Cooper too. Him and his Cooper family pride that said Mandy was too good for a kid like him. Fuck the Coopers.

Danny listened to his parents fighting for the umpteenth night in a row. A gift like this wasn't meant to be kept hidden. It was meant to be used. He wanted a better life for him and his mom. But if he was going to use it then he was going to make sure he mastered it first and developed a concrete plan. Something satisfying and fruitful. However long that took.

He looked back at all his books and then stood up pinning a sheet of paper to his wall. He wrote down the name Cooper and underlined it. Below that he wrote out each name: Greg, Jason, Libby and Mandy. Then he wrote his dad's name too. Then Brett Dereckson. All the people that made his life miserable and contributed to his suffering. He smiled to himself. They'd all get their comeuppance.

******

It had been nine months since the cafeteria incident. The school year was nearly over. It's amazing how people forget things so easily except those that suffer the trauma. Danny imagined that no one remembered the day he trudged out covered in potatoes and gravy and soda as they watched and laughed. He did. Vividly. And he remembered every single tortuous act that came before it and after it. He had kept to himself all year. He took the abuse that got doled out without complaint. He tried talking to Mandy a few times, who had blushed a deep crimson, and admitted honestly that her dad didn't approve. So, Danny Dugan kept his head down and focused all his anger and contempt on the source of his misery. There was his dad of course, the bullies at school, but mostly he hated the Coopers!

******

Jason Cooper was throwing the event of the year. His parents owned a huge home—mega-mansion huge. The finished basement was flooded with teens partying and dancing. Music thumped harmonically as young bodies grinded against each other. Others huddled around a bar spiking their drinks with Jack Daniels and Smirnoff and whatever else they smuggled from their parents' homes. And the festivities spilled out through the huge sliding glass doors into the backyard and around the pool.

Jason walked through the throngs of guests like a seasoned host soaking up praise and adoration. There was a reason people idolized him. It wasn't just his good looks and athletic prowess, he also knew how to elicit envy and use his parents' resources to his advantage.

"Great party, bro! This shit is insane! Where's Beth?" Garret Evans asked excitedly and slightly drunk.

"She's comin' later. Pace yourself. My folks said this can go as late as I want."

"They are so fucking cool. You're lucky, bro. My parents would never let me throw a rager like this. No fucking chance."

"What can I say? They're good to me. Speaking of which my mom is making more appetizers. I should go grab 'em."

Jason pushed through the guests to the basement stairs and went up to find his parents. It was surprisingly quiet once the door was closed. Only a faint thump from the bass in the speakers penetrated the floor and that faded as he walked toward the kitchen.

******

Libby Cooper pulled a tray of homemade pizza bites out of the oven and set them on a cooling rack. She walked back into the living room with a glass of ginger ale. She was a very attentive host and wanted to make sure everyone had a good time at Jason's party. Her family meant everything to her. But she'd promised not to encroach and stay out of sight, so she resigned herself to cooking as a way to contribute.

She wore a simple floral print dress that hung slightly loose on her slender frame. The way the fabric moved as she walked hinted at lovely figure and a generous bust. Unlike her children, she had blonde hair, which she fashioned in a medium tapered bob cut. She batted her cornflower blue eyes, and although it appeared intentionally flirty, it was entirely natural.

"Here you go, Danny." She said, as she set the glass on the table. "Can I get you anything else?"

Danny admired her for a moment. She was slightly shorter than Mandy, but he was drawn to her identical plump lips. She was a vision for sure.

"No, Thanks, Mrs. Cooper. This is great. Thank you." He replied kindly.

Greg Cooper, who had been entertaining Danny since he arrived, sat across from him in an arm chair.

"Why don't you go down and join everyone else?" He suggested. "It's a party! Have fun!"

The man had no recollection of seeing Danny before tonight. Danny had made that small alteration in his thoughts. As a matter of fact, Danny had made quite a lot of alterations over the months. None of which had borne fruit yet. But they would, like dominos, triggering a downward spiral.

"Honestly? I have really bad social anxiety. And yes... I know how stupid that sounds. And yes... I realize I'll never get over it without inserting myself into situations that make me uncomfortable. But... I mean... coming out tonight was a big step for me... and a lot of those kids can be pretty mean..."

"Well, I think it's wonderful that you're trying." Libby noted, encouragingly. "Even if you didn't make it all the way. I'm glad we've gotten a chance to get to know each other too. With Mandy and Jason and all their sports and cheerleading and whatnot... well... you know how it can be... I'm surprised we've never seen you at an event."

Danny nodded along. He'd been quietly pushing their thoughts since he arrived. It took him months to master it to a point where he felt comfortable. But he had a level of confidence that allowed him to continue without hesitation. He kept adding layers of conditioning. It was a science now.

Jason stopped at the entryway to the living room. "What the fuck is going on?" He screeched. "Fuckface? What are you doing here? You weren't invited!"

"Jason! Language!" His mother scolded him. "Don't be rude to your guest."

Greg leaned forward. His large imposing frame braced on his knees in thought, his chiseled jaw drawn tight. "Is Jason one of the kids that's mean to you?" He asked with concern.

Danny looked up at the quarterback. He could see the silent warning in the boy's eyes to keep his mouth shut. "Oh, no!" He said with a light laugh. "Not at all. I mean Jason and I don't exactly travel in the same social circles... but... he's nice to me."

"Oh good." Greg relaxed.

"He can be a little insensitive sometimes... maybe. But I don't think he realizes it. You know being captain of the football team and star quarterback... it goes to your head."

"Shut up! Don't be a dick!" Jason growled.

"I'm always worried about that." Libby sighed. "You need to stay grounded, Jason. Focus on your schoolwork too."

"What? What the fuck is going on here? I came up for more pizzas and this..." He held his tongue from using his usual term. "... and Danny is here? And you're talking about me..."

Danny chimed in again. He was pushing their thoughts again slowly manipulating them as he spoke. "You know not everyone lets it go to their head. The last time our school won state four years straight we had an even better quarterback."

Greg perked up. "Yes! We did! My golden years!"

"And you went on to play for UCLA on scholarship." Danny mentioned.

"Hey!" Greg smiled. "You did your homework! I was a little fish in a big pond in college. But we did alright! And I got a good education and met this busty, little coed! We can't all go pro. But I think I made out just fine."

"I'd say so." Danny agreed. "You've started your own business and grew it into a monster. You're wealthy. You've got a beautiful wife. You are the American dream. Everyone in town knows the name Cooper. Everyone knows a Cooper is synonymous with competition and winning and success. I mean you're known for never turning down a challenge or bet."

Libby sat on the arm of the sofa. "He loves to compete. That's true. Since the day I met him. He can't help himself."

Greg loved hearing this young man talk about him so highly. He loved adoration in general really. He wished his son was a little more appreciative of the family name.

"Look. I'm not saying I win all the time. But I like a challenge. And I'm not dead yet. This body has still got some moves left. I can still launch the pigskin with the best of them. And I'm willing to try any sport once. I got challenged to a game of field hockey a couple years back. Field hockey! And I crushed it!"

"I've always wanted to make a bet with you... I mean to challenge a Cooper! What an honor! But to challenge Greg Cooper!" He paused for effect as he pushed more thoughts out into each of them. "Well... I can't really..."

"Why not?!" Greg exclaimed. "You're a good kid. Give it a shot! What's your game?"

"Dad? For real?" Jason couldn't understand what was happening.

"Shut up, Jason. This is how you build Cooper family pride. And Danny is good kid. A solid, young man. Maybe if you had more friends like him, you wouldn't be such an asshole."

"Dad!"

"It's true, honey." Libby nodded at her son. "You've been a bit of an asshole lately."

Danny interjected. "Yeah. I don't play sports, Mr. Cooper. I mean look at me. I'm not blessed with the athleticism of the Coopers. I was just speaking hypothetically, I guess. I couldn't stand a chance against you or Jason or anyone in your family. Even Mrs. Cooper could beat me in a game of basketball or something."

"I don't believe that! You're a little scrawny maybe. But you've gotta be good at something. Name it! Even if it's not sports related. You can have the advantage. Maybe it's darts. Or throwing cards. Let's get a little competition going. What is it that you've got going for you, Danny? What's your thing?"

Danny paused as if he were contemplating. Instead, he pushed more thoughts out manipulating the Coopers more than ever. He held back with Jason maintaining only a light control over him and his movements.

"I... I don't really know, Mr. Cooper. I'm not really good at anything. I guess if I had to say I've got one thing... maybe... well... I'm hung pretty well. I guess that's one thing I've got going for me."

Libby laughed out loud and covered her mouth trying to stifle it.

"What the fuck!" Jason shrieked. "Come on, dad! Why are you talking to this fuckface? He's mocking you! And why are you laughing, mom?"

"It was funny!" She said innocently. "Come on, Jason. Lighten up."

Greg smirked and then laughed. "You are one hilarious, little shit!" He bellowed. "Man, I like you. I like you a lot. And I'd say that's a great asset! I'm not sure how you make a bet with that though. What's your play?"

Danny shrugged. "I didn't have a play, Mr. Cooper. I was just thinking of something I'm proud of." He paused again to push more thoughts out. "But I guess if I had to think of a bet... um... well, Mrs. Cooper is really hot. And everyone knows you're successful so you two are pretty much made for each other. She must be perfect."

"As close as it gets!" Greg agreed. "And definitely hot."

Libby smiled. "You are too, babe!"

"Well... I'd say that if you'd both be willing... and you seem like a generous guy... and seeing as my only asset is... you know... my cock... what if we make a bet that I fuck Mrs. Cooper and if I cum first, you win... But if she cums first, I win? It's simple enough."

"Holy fucking shit! Have you lost your mind, fuckface?" Jason cried out in frustration. "Dad, kick his ass! Don't let him insult us like that!" He wanted to knock Danny out but for whatever reason he didn't seem to want to stand up.

"Now hold up, Jason." Greg rubbed his chin. "This is interesting! Now we've never done a wager like this before! I kinda like it! Honey? What do you think?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You're not actually considering this, are you?" Jason was apoplectic.

"Hun?" Greg asked again.

Libby grinned devilishly. "I think he looks young and inexperienced. I think he doesn't realize that I've got a lifetime of fucking under my belt. And you're hung pretty well, babe. He couldn't be that big. I think I could drain his teenage sack."

"That's my girl!" Greg hooted. "The Cooper family is a united front! We can do this! Hell yes! We've got a game! What are we playing for? Money?"

"Sure." Danny said. "It's your wife. I'm honored to be wagering a Cooper, much less fucking your wife. You should set the price. I'm capped at $15K though."

Danny didn't have near that much money. If fact, he didn't have any.

Greg whistled and then laughed. "High roller in the house! Let's not get crazy. I'll go to five hundred."

"Deal!"

Danny stood up and held out his hand. They shook on it.

"Please! Stop!" Jason screamed out loud, waving his hands and stomping his feet.

Danny, Libby and Greg all paused and looked in his direction. He was sitting in one of the other armchairs around the coffee table looking rather distressed. Once everyone was quiet, he took a deep breath to calm himself.

"Mom? Dad? I'm certain you must be playing some kind of joke. Haha! Very funny." He stated in the calmest voice he could muster. "Let's just stop it now. Okay? Mom isn't really fucking Danny. You aren't paying Danny to fuck her. Or Danny's not paying you to fuck mom... whoever pays who... you know what I mean..." The more he talked the more he began to lose it. "... what the fuck is wrong with everyone?! Just fucking stop this shit! You've all gone crazy!"

Greg let out a long, disappointed sigh. "You know, Jason, you've really become so self-involved. Where is your sense of family pride? We made a wager! Your mom's putting her pussy on the line! I'm trying to be supportive. And you're just whining. Who cares about the money! Let's try and win this thing for Team Cooper! I mean, damnit, Jason! This fine young man has specifically called out a Cooper. Does a Cooper back down? Hell no! Get your shit together. Have some pride in your family and cheer for your mother!"

"You realize you're cheering for that kid to fuck mom?" Jason yelled the question in a shaky voice.

"Stop rambling. You're becoming such a disappointment." Greg snipped before turning to Danny. "So, let's get the rules down. First one to cum, loses. Anything goes? Foreplay? What are we thinking?"