All Comments on 'Could You Be Mine?'

by careythomas

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments
stroudlestroudleabout 6 years ago
Loved it

Just goes to show we are all capable of falling in love , it just takes the right person to come along.

Beautifully written love story with a hot and sexy ending.

Thank you for sharing this with us

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Feedback ;)

I have loved most of the stories you have written. I have read some, a few times. I just love the romance and love instead of just sex.

I would have preferred more romance and a bit of drama before the happily ever after.

However, I love most of your stories because I am a sucker for happy endings and happily ever after.

I am always looking out for your stories and they are the first I read when stories are published.

Best wishes and I am looking forward to your next one.

AnyMooseAnyMooseabout 6 years ago
Needs 6 Stars...

Another winner; great way to start the weekend!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Lovely... just lovely

I had forgotten all about you, Careythomas. Please forgive me. The last story I read of yours was "Five Years and Four Days," which was a classic. So when I saw your name this morning, my memory flashed back to that story. Your characters are always so delightful that I feel like I'm an invisible man sitting in their presence and enjoying the moment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I’m in love with your brain 😋

Well, the stories it comes up with.. Thanks so much for making my day!!

Xxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow. Just Wow.

#EPIC

#SERIOUSGOALS

#THISISABSOLUTELIFE!

SparkyMark1961SparkyMark1961about 6 years ago

It was a little long to read at work, but I made it to the end and enjoyed it all the way.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meabout 6 years ago

I love that Savage Garden song and i loved this beautiful story. I love love. I love romance and i love a happy ending. And I can't wait for the follow up. Thank you Careythomas. I adore all your stories.

RastanuraRastanuraabout 6 years ago
Magnificent

The story is wonderful. Great characters and a wonderful romance. I was half expecting RJ to die in a plane crash on her trip. Hope you continue to write such tremendous stories.

Nurse_TwistedNurse_Twistedabout 6 years ago
Red Hot

Truly amazing. A slow burn between two wonderful characters paying off in smouldering sex,a red hot attraction, and a deep intense emotional connection. There are people being paid to write erotic romances who don't rite half as well as you. Five stars

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 6 years ago
ok

first off there was way too much buildup, I mean I like a story that has a good amount of build up, but there is such a thing as too much of it out of 6 pages 5 of them were building it up I skipped over about 3 pages of it, other than that it was alright

Onewhoknows12Onewhoknows12about 6 years ago
Utterly brilliant

At this point I'm certain you'd have to put effort into me not loving your stories to death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 stars

Soooo good. I would live to read another story about these 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

You are a very talented writer! Your characters and story lines are well developed. I really enjoy the dialogue that you write. Keep writing! I would love to see another chapter of two with these characters.

PenelopePinnPenelopePinnabout 6 years ago
Very Good

You gave the characters depth and warmth, made them into an interesting ensemble; well worth the build-up as are most good stories that capture the imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ow wow

How utterly lovely.

Read it in one go. It's now 2 ock in the morning

I'd say it was cheesy, with all the utterly unrealistic romance, but it is so well written, that I cant deny the pull, and will suspend my disbelief in monogamy for a short while.

Extremely well done, and huge thanks for the effort and talent you put into this lovely story.

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 6 years ago
Another Wonderful Story

Words can’t explain how much I love your stories! Instant romantic classic.

AlterLeogoAlterLeogoabout 6 years ago
Wow

My wallet is open whenever you're ready to offer full-length novels.

BlistexbicBlistexbicabout 6 years ago
As always

Another amazing story. Loved it. Keep it up

Maddie624Maddie624about 6 years ago

One hundred percent honest here.....When I saw your name as the author, I knew that this was going to be an awesome story....Thank you!

Genevieve11Genevieve11about 6 years ago
Loved it

Was it cheesy? Perhaps a little bit. Then again, ain’t nothing wrong with a proper romantic love story every now and then, especially if it’s written by you. I loved it. Would love to read a follow up story on these two, however, it’s a great story as is. Considering they did sorta get their happily ever after already. I disagree that the build up was too long. I would rather say that the story ended quite quickly once RJ & Ellie did finally get together. You could’ve drug it out more. All in all great effort! Please keep on writing, you definitely have a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Wow! This really hot me going and going.... Couldn't stop reading till I got to the end..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So so good!

You’ve delivered a top-drawer story yet again! I loved it! Thank you so much. Never stop writing and sharing with us. Much love and many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow.

God I love your stories. Every time I see your name in the new category I feel like its Christmas morning and I get to open the present! Then I read and reread your stories till I see your name again. Thank you for your literary visuals you paint. Please keep them coming!

Thumper3340Thumper3340about 6 years ago
WOW 😲

You have yet to disappoint me with your writing ✍️ you are a phenomenal writer

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars ✨ isn’t enough

tygztygzabout 6 years ago

911, we've got s five-alarm fire here but I don't want you to put it out!

Damn. Really, really, fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing

I’ve been reading lit for a while, and this is by far the best story I have ever read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

There is absolutely nothing I like about the finance industry and yet this story utterly enraptured me. Thank you for it and I hope so damn much that you are kind enough to share so many more stories like this or like whatever you'd want to write with the world.

sandiebiFsandiebiFabout 6 years ago
Amazing!

I'm searching for words to describe this story, and I am failing. All superlatives! Absolutely one of the best I've ever read on Lit. Thank you so much for writing it!

MaonaighMaonaighabout 6 years ago
Words fail me...

The other comments have said it all. This story is up there with the very best and deserves all the praise you can get---readers should be throwing stars at you in batches of five. Reading your stories is time well spent and I'm looking forward to more.

TSreaderTSreaderabout 6 years ago
A wonderfully🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥story

Amazingly written and superbly put together! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

JenniferrJenniferrabout 6 years ago
Wow

Two words for this story .......BEST EVER

sailorboy365sailorboy365about 6 years ago
Excellent

Don't think you could write a poor story if you tried!! A great story, you keep out doing your self,. Thanks

HiddenHelixHiddenHelixabout 6 years ago

People talk about writing and storytelling as being a craft, but this reminded me that, at its highest level, it is an art form. This is beautifully told, thank you.

WebmeanderWebmeanderabout 6 years ago
Outstanding

I really enjoyed this story. I will probably read it several more times. Thanks for writing it and sharing it with everyone.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 6 years ago
Absolutely wonderful!

Wow, what a fantastic story! I've totally enjoyed all of your stories so far, but I think this one is my favorite. Thank you for sharing it with us!

LiveCatLiveCatabout 6 years ago
Awesome!

I think everyone else has already said it all!

Brilliant love story, with wonderful characters, superbly written as ever.

Loved every word and has gone straight into my favourites to be read again.

You have a wonderful style, keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
beautiful

oh wow , what can i say that hasn't already been said . i loved this awesome deeply touching love story . i stayed up so late to finish this 4am ( oops work at 8am ) i'll definitely be reading more of your work. thank you so very much. much love - sarah

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Unbelievably brilliant

Not sure what more can be added to others comments. Didn’t want it to end so please, please, more - and soon.

janny54janny54about 6 years ago
one of the best!

one of my very favorites. the characters and storyline were perfect. i am sure there will be several more rereads of this story. touched my soul. thank you for putting this in print and sharing. deserves 10 stars.

jan

bella143donnabella143donnaabout 6 years ago
Breathless..

Carry this is by far one of the best written stories I have read .. You are able to weave a narrative of a slowly running stream. into a raging river of desire and emotion.. thoroughly enjoyed.. I won't mention what it did to my body as I read it.. Luv Donna

GymTeacherYouDeserveGymTeacherYouDeserveabout 6 years ago
Great Dialogue

I really enjoy it when someone includes a great story with realistic dialogue--not just a pornographic sex romp. Will be checking out some more of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Superb!

I've read lots of good stories here on Lit, but this is by far the best! It's the 1st one that moved me so much, I had to comment. Plan on reading all of your stories asap. Great character development, good buildup and believable sex. Hope you plan on a Part2...

cdlaurabcdlaurababout 6 years ago
holy smokes

This is by far one of the best romance stories I have read on this site. Carey Thomas,

you have the smooth wonderful ability to put great stories together.

I thank very much.... Laura

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love

I just loved this story. I am a Lesbian in a mans body. I loved the developing story and felt it was so real. Just enough sex towards the end. Thank you.

Charlene

IdiosyncraticElfIdiosyncraticElfabout 6 years ago
I love your characters

I thoroughly enjoy your stories mostly becaue I can relate to your characters. They aren’t perfect. They’re realistic with flaws and do and say dumb embarrassing things like we all do. I feel like they could be people I know and would like. I find them engaging and they draw me into your stories. I can’t wait to find out what’s next for RJ and Lauren (as well as an update on Sasha and Sienna and Cal n Annie). Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

One of the best stories ive ever read on this site! Sensual & so sexy but not over the top!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yaaaaaas

Huge fan of your stories but also wanted to thank you for writing such well-developed Asian characters that never feel exoticized or fetishized. Descriptions of physical appearance is a big part of these stories, understandably, and I really appreciate that in your stories a wide spectrum of women are considered attractive.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 6 years ago
Excellent story!

I love all of your stories, but this one was just so good! This is my second time reading it (within a very short time), and it was just as good, or even better, than the first time I read it. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Oh, and I keep checking to see if you've uploaded any new stories! :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you thank you thank you!

This was such an awesome story thank you!

HardredtoolHardredtoolalmost 6 years ago
Fantastic

That was Soo heartwarming and erotic at the same time.. thank you for coming up with such a great story and hope to see more excellent reads from you

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Mealmost 6 years ago

My second time reading this and it's just as wonderful as the first time. I am one who loves the long building ups; the longing, the anitcipation, the romance. So beautiful.

YourLinkYourLinkalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful! Brilliant!

I am such a sucker for good romance stories, and this is one of the very best! I fell in love with all the characters (save the doofus finance guy). This is my 4th go around with this one...won't be the last. I watched "The Orange Shirt" Sunday night on PBS. Kleenex city. I think this would be a great story to see visually. I love happy endings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hooked

6th time reading this. So hooked that I keep coming back. Thank you for this story.

slfoxxslfoxxalmost 6 years ago
Now a fan.

This is my introduction to your writing. I’m captured. Beautifully written. It flows with the characters and they become real people. Sophisticated story teller. This wonderful story requires more than one reading.

Thank you.

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtalmost 6 years ago
:D

Loved it from beginning to end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
One of, if not the best read so far

A really well put together story, thoroughly enjoyed it from start to the excellent end! More of the same please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant

This was just flawless. I felt like this could be something I read about in a book, or see in a movie. MC falls in love with sexy, successful businessman/woman and they start to fall for each other. This story was just so sweet all the way through, I connected with the characters so easily, even though I am a straight guy. I could connect with how RJ was feeling when she was describing how her dates would be set-ups and she wouldn't feel any attraction, that's exactly how I felt. Communicating is one thing that my Aspergers isn't good with, I have a tendency to not communicate my feelings with significant others very well and my parents now that, so my mom always used to say and still sometimes says, "You'll know when she's the one because she'll love you for all of your flaws, including your shyness and lack of verbalizing how much you love someone, they'll always love you for your positive sides too."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful

Read this story after reading another of your submissions, excuse me for forgetting the name but you manage to keep the reader intrigued without too much sex. Wonderful im going to enjoy reading the rest of your submissions. Slow build up with an explosive end.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 5 years ago
OMG!

This is so the _hit!! It grabbed my attention from the word go til the very end. Never say never cause the Universe has a way of saying, "Oh yeah, we'll see about that" and bring you life experiences to test your gall. I'm so glad these two got to be each others. What a wonderful read. And thank you Carey for sharing your creatve work and energy with us yet again. All the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is by far my favorite story I've ever read on here! If you'd published this I would read this all the time!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 5 years ago
Wonderful story!

After reading chapter 2, I just had to re-read this chapter again, and you know what? it's still a wonderful story!

I'm really hoping you write more, I'd love to read more of your work. Thank you for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good read

I really injoyed your story. I know what it’s like to have the wind taken out of your sails!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Gay but afraid

This is a very beautiful story. I really enjoyed every bit of it. I am gay but in a hostile country, wish I could be free to express myself.

bravebombadierbravebombadierover 5 years ago
FAB-U-LOUS

I was so totally absorbed, I felt I was there not just reading.

Absolutely wonderful.

plumberdonplumberdonover 5 years ago
Beautiful

You took us into your life and have is the answer to your feelings . What a beautiful trip it was. Thanks for a lovely story..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So Good, So NICE!

I Loved this story, the long slow burn, the build up, the Payoff!

I'd say you're a lesbian Hemingway, but that would be akin to damning you with faint praise, how about a Lesbian Phillip K. Dick?

I'd babble on for hours, but I need to read Part two, NOW. Its only 2 o clock in the morning, here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Your stories jump out from the screen and come to life. I can never put my phone down until I have slurped up every last word... Thank you CT

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This was an amazing story...almost too good to be on here thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
loved this

This was my first story by you and I loved it... you are great at story telling..

hopeless_not_so_romantichopeless_not_so_romanticabout 5 years ago

I officially love the author. Been reading through your stories and so far I loved it.

playingforyou70playingforyou70about 5 years ago
Slow burning romance...

The build-up was perfect, and the release was exhilarating.

I was in Loren/Ellie's shoes the whole time. To have Rowan (LOVE the name, BTW!) reciprocating the flirting and building up the tension made me wish I were there.

TEN STARS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved it

Very sexy build up, I'd be keen to read the same story ageing written from RJs perspective! Great characters and solid writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Magnificent

Previously Carey, five years and four days and now, THIS! The story and characters were so well developed. I have a mental picture even for the supporting characters like Ian and Mona. So vivid. Carey Thomas, you are my favorite uthor!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
We are waiting

Fourth time I’ve read this this year. It makes me laugh, in the right places, and takes me by surprise every time as if it were the first. The days drag whilst we wait for your new writing. Although the bar has been set high with Could you be mine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
first time on this site, my first time reading here

As a first time reader here, i can say, i love it hehe, and i will surely gonna come back hehe. Thanks. I wish like Lauren I can experience it too haha not just out of curiousity but to experience the real feeling of having a gay lover.

maribel_fmaribel_fover 4 years ago
Absolutely loved it!

I clicked on 4 by mistake - meant to click on 5.

The way you gradually build the RJ-LE relationship is spellbinding, and the sexual blossoming of the romance is totally gorgeous!

This is the first story of yours that I have read. I am delighted to have discovered you, and I will definitely be reading more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
LOVED this!

Omg my stomach was full of butterflies reading this! This is one of the best love stories I’ve ever read on here! Great job!

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years ago
Simply the best ...

Your writing carries the reader along with the skill only a born writer can command. I am hardly the first, and will not be the last, to say not to worry about the slow build up; as in any romance, that can be the part that makes the heart ache most, which, in reading a love story, is the sort of thing many of us like. The "will-they, won't they" part was done to perfection, and despite being sure they would end up together, you managed to make me wonder. If I could give this 10 it would not be enough. Thank you for a superb story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bollocks. No fair blaming IT for that

Love this story!!

It just happened to me again. Monday morning, two days ago. The manager making the hiring decision told the new senior group leader Friday evening over drinks, "You're hired. Can you start Monday morning?" Even HR didn't find out until the new guy was being introduced to everyone around the office. There he is, already "working" without even being covered by the corporate insurance plan.

As for me, I found out after 10 am when the New Employee form showed up in my e-mail. It takes 10 business days to get one of those sexy slimline executive laptops onto my desk. So why am I to blame when IT equipment isn't ready the day the new person starts?

This shite happens at least 10 times a year where I work. Most often with senior hires, which is typical and stupid.

SD_CA_LesbeauxSD_CA_Lesbeauxover 4 years ago
Wonderfully done!

Really enjoyed the slow buildup. There's even a lot of room for additional storyline as they develop their relationship. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Promising...

Theres a lot of good stuff going on here. Your prose itself is decent. It doesnt really falter anywhere. The concept of the story is great as well. A newbie carefully seducing an emotionally unavailable lesbian. I like the character dynamic.

My biggest issues were centered on some of your character decisions.

I dont really buy, personally, the whole "switch flip" reasoning behind Lauren's gay-ifying. Maybe you've had a different experience, but for me it was a longer series of internal arguments and was nothing as simple as a "switch". I feel like you've burned a lot of interesting character work by simplifying it so much

I also have a problem with how you've handled RJ. You say shes never had a good relationship, but then casually undermine it with "oh you've just had bad blind dates". And then simply falls in love with ellie anyway. RJ didnt didnt do anything or experience anything that shlukd have changed her mind. You could have played a lot with RJ learning to open up and be vulnerable. Ellie teaches DJ how to love. Rj teaches ellie about being gay.

Having said that. You did do some good work here, and I did enjoy it. I havent read the second chapter yet but I will. Good work :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

I really liked this story a lot. I could totally see this being a regular movie.

I giggled several times and then when the finally got together I was just like aww..

All in all a nice read and I liked the slow build

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Wow. Just wow. Amazing Story!!!

Nightfall64Nightfall64over 4 years ago
Dammit Girl

That's all I can say Damn Girl!!!!!

v22omkv22omkover 4 years ago
Holy shit, that was amazing!

That is hands down the best story I've read here. The humor, the interplay between L.E. and Ian, and the glorious happy ending. Bravo! It made me cry.

paulyepspaulyepsabout 4 years ago

That’s was breathtaking.. it made me teary .. what a great love story .. thanks !!

ErinzeasyErinzeasyabout 4 years ago
O M G, MORE PLEASE!

I love your writing style, the multiple layers of interplay between the characters, and the added touches of humor. Thank you very much. One of the very best I've read. You are a truly amazing writer.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 4 years ago
Carey, you're a rare person

Because you write a great story, believable, correctly done, one that is a great mix of sex, relationships, and life in general. I'm happy that this story has a part 2, even when it didn't need one. The story ended as if it was planned to have only one chapter. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved every word

I truly loved every word. From the beginning, i imagined myself to be 'Ellie'..I couldn't wait to have sex with RJ, who I fell in love with. Thank you so much.

Love, Lisa Palmer

ukdukeukdukealmost 4 years ago
Great Writing Great Story!

Just wow!!

Love the way it was written and interplay between the characters!

Definitely on my list of favourite stories!

ramblin2020ramblin2020over 3 years ago

that was smoking....wow!

MrTylerWpgMrTylerWpgover 3 years ago
So beautiful

What an amazing story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was just purely amazing

telecomtomtelecomtomover 3 years ago

This story was so everything, I couldn't put it down. I had to read it to the end and I'm so glad I did. LOVED IT.

roveroneroveroneabout 3 years ago

WHEW...SO hot!

Didn't recall reading this before, but did and glad I gave it 5 then, totally worth it.

hadn't realized there was a Ch 2-so looking forward to it, and promised more stories about them

bi_cyclerbi_cyclerabout 3 years ago
No pun intended

“All things come to those who wait”. I love your style. Keep us waiting and .....

longing4anallonging4analabout 3 years ago

I DID SO NOT WANT IT TO END. I THANK YOU FOR THIS LOVE STORY.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love it, love it, love it!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercareythomas@careythomas
1675 Followers
Twitter: @CareyThomas144 I set up a twitter account to deal with the plagiarizer (but then she blocked me) but now that I have an account, I thought I'd let you all know! . Recommended reading order: Five Years and Four Days Summer and Fall Looking at the Sun A Ghost o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES