All Comments on 'Couples Therapy'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

So it took him six years to admit he was a cuck?

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Way to hold your ground Jerry, but she did cheat. Jerry ain’t a wimp though. Just ask Drake.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

They spent the last six years just fucking after falling out of love with each other. Why would they suddenly be in love again after the kids left home?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seriously? That’s ur story? What were u smoking when u wrote it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was all right. I'm glad it worked out for them.

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Just no. First off, a nuptial agreement of any type does not affect custody. No lawyer would sign off on it because it is not valid. Finances and property, yes, custody, no.

Second, until the slut was informed she might lose the house and custody (also probably not likely unless it's a state that still has at-fault divorce laws), she was DETERMINED to get her side dick. If he is as strict as shown, no fucking way he stays with a bitch like that.

I usually give your tales the benefit of the doubt, but not this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, that was a quick finish. You on the clock or something? Had a deadline to meet? She insisted on sex with another man from time to time, reluctantly agreeing to remain faithful for 6 years only. Six years passed by and... they said they loved each other and the story ended. Weird.

You get 4 stars from me because the beginning was really good. Thanks for posting.

Galama88aGalama88aover 2 years ago

Nice compact story

Galama88aGalama88aover 2 years ago

Great story bit more details is more appreciated but hey reconciliation stories still win for me

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Started out interesting, but sort of petered out by the end. Gave it 3*, because it was not bad. Not great but not bad.

-

Pasqual

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Weird. Somewhat entertaining.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

why keep someone who is going to cheat sooner or later. Cut your losses and move on

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

follow up?

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

A little more post kids conversation was required.

Their views on marriage and fidelity.

Include that and this could be a 5 * story.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

I don't like one-sided contracts. The "ammended" agreement should have applied to BOTH Jerry and Mimi, not just Mimi. Other than that, the marriage would have been a sad, boring one for that 6 years. No real love displayed. They were just fuck-buddies with family benefits.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

She was a complete moron when she was straying, and especially during the subsequent counseling. Then they both lock into a loveless marriage for 6 years, after which the love is back? Granted, they're probably different people by then, but we didn't really get to see that transition. It could be that we're just witnessing a single tender moment, and the story stops right before the marriage turns to complete shit, but it still feels somewhat dubious.

grogers7grogers7over 2 years ago

Good up until the ending which is Deus ex machina

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, my suspension of disbelief was already overloaded and that ending just blew it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And then nothing happened, THE END.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, not sure it works like that. Hate sex for 6 years repairs a marriage? Sounds like they became little more than coparents and fuckbuddies over the years. Pretty sure it would be a race to file between the two when the deadline ended.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"she wanted to go to the hospital to see about Drake. She said she felt sorry for him." - That's a bad sign. She shouldn't want to have anything to do with him.

\

"I don't have the same attitude toward sex and fidelity as Jerry." - Then they shouldn't have gotten married.

\

" I would like to invoke the renegotiation clause." - That should have been done BEFORE getting involved with Blake.

\

Authors, please learn the difference between "discreet" and "discrete."

\

"also demonstrated that she would sneak around and lie" - The fact that she ALREADY snuck around without even ATTEMPTING the "renegotiation clause" shows that any new agreement is worthless.

\

If she intends to honor the agreement, then she shouldn't object to the post-nup, since it would never be enforced.

\

Lost points with no resolution of whether they stayed together or not. Saying "I lobe you" and making sweet love aren't enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yawn inducing childishly written drivel. Also, was it Jerry or Burt?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

six years of no love, now she is free to leave, yet now they make love?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Some of the narrative was a bit “clunky” in places, but the overall story could be replayed in real life hundreds of times a day. 4*

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

ah. that twist in the end.

thought both the husband and wife would try to ditch the other first.

but love won. and that is a beautiful thing.

thanks demander, nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This dude is a fucking idiot to stay with that miserable, conniving bitch. Oh well, they deserve each other, for however long it takes her to find another coach to jerk off in a public park near her own friends and family.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Ending was weak. Had potential. I liked that he stood his ground. Never heard what became of good old arrogant Drake (Blake?). Hopefully he learned some humility and moved away. A happy ending? She will cheat again.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Damn! Such a fine, true-life story! You described that semi-toxic, psychological soup in which so many marriages simmer, and boil, sometimes overflowing or boiling dry and burning. There are stories within this story, which are implied, but as in real life, they're largely untold. Her 'walks' are intriguing.

.

Extremely fine story-telling. You have a fine 'voice' that keeps the reader engaged and focused. Easily 5/5!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

It's nice to think it could end that way, but it does not seem likely. The scenes in the therapist's office are very good.

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

And it there another part with an ending

?

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

sad, just sad. All losers

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jerry's a fucking loser

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

So the wife goes from "i want to fuck another man no matter what" to faithful wife for six years and then somehow they lived happily ever after? I hope so but its doubtful. Thanks for the story.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

Wow. This was different, and really good different. I'm not sure where the marriage goes from here, I think some serious counseling would be needed for them to decide how they fall in love with each other again, but this was good.

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandover 2 years ago

Not much of a ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gave it a 4. It's a nice little keeper. Not sure if she reconsidered her earlier desires, or what. Also not sure what the point of the story was. Maybe there isn't one. Maybe it's just a picture. Let the reader draw his or her own conclusion(s).

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

Mimi is something of a ditz but it all worked out I guess.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

What a crock of bullshit. Until Mimi finds out her happy little life is going to go to shit in the divorce she steadfastly demands that she can fuck other men. Then to make matters even worst Jerry agrees to keep her after she signs the post-nutial. Bet that was fun constantly monitoring her to see if she cheats. These two deserve each other. They're not interested in a husband/wife family relationship they just want a fuck buddy until the kids are off to college. The lovey dovey ending doesn't mean jack shit. Mimi is now free to get all of the strange cock she can handle and Jerry loses half of everything he owns if he divorces her. What a dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What was the point???

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

I dont see what the whole point of this story was alluding to. So he fucked her like a slut and she was fully satisfied? Sorry but she wanted new experiences with other men so it's hard to believe. Also, it doesn't seem like things were ever solved and their love died. How does he know she didn't stray? Alil more details into the storyline would've helped.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Im not sure theres a reason for this to exist beyond you being bored.

I do have to wonder why you literally wrote the same wife that most LW writers use?

This might have been better if you wrote a rational, normal woman instead of a witless ditz.

Of course that less than worthless husband didnt exactly help.

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

I gave it 4*. The story seemed true to life given the way many people think these days. Interesting that Jerry had a detailed discussion with her before marriage. He must have had an inkling there could be problems.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

And Jerry cried crocodile tears as he suffocated his darling Mimi to death. The end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ok, when does the story start?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Complete and utter bullshit. I don't believe her for a New York minute! The minute his back was turned, she was off fucking other guys and lying about it. A waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Many questions, after six years, it figures it slip one way or the other along the way. LOVE. slap*hapy*papy. #9

management91399management91399over 2 years ago

I like that this writer is putting out a lot of content right now, seems like you had a lot of projects going at once and they all moved towards completion at the same time, some are stronger than others.

This one is an odd duck. First, it has that cold-hearted wife who has made some terrible demands that shatter her once-beloved husband. It's hard to fully understand her mindset without a bigger back story, she reminds me of Jane in The Diaries of Jane (No longer on the site I think) who had a very antiseptic inner life in the story, I think if this work spent a little more time in Mimi's head we'd get that idea of how she could float this sort of terrible proposition (or demand) to her husband. So we go through the meat of the story as they work through court-ordered therapy and the two come to an agreement. We get to the end without actually seeing in the story the actual work the two did to finish raising their kids, we just see this angry fucking for six years with Mimi (I imagine) pretending to be ravished by anonymous lovers as her husband is acting out of character. She gets six years of that, he gets sex and for the most part his dignity intact (Save for the first insult to his dignity at the picnic) and finally the kids are gone.

I think I'm seeing two things here, either the two bonding stronger in the raising of their children and truly have that love for each other. Mimi is happy, he's happy and we're confused (But so what, not every story here has to play out like the Hardy Boys mysteries). Okay that works for me, I imagine both of them are tired and they've accomplished something important to them.

OR this is goodbye and the two are splitting (off-camera) and this is their last night together and Mimi can go out and have her cock party. Honestly either way works for me, dick and pussy aren't the meaning of life so I think these two are staying. Be nice to see where demanded takes these two if they decide to continue the story, either as a dedicated couple in love through their golden years, or Mimi returning to her husband now in her late 60s after their divorce and years of sampling all that life has to offer her in terms of anonymous sex no strings attached. Will she return to her husband (Maybe he has been afflicted with Alzheimers and needs 1 on 1 care? or the reverse he returns to her in a bad state to care for her) Anyway, it's an interesting premise but the whole thing hangs together like an outline and maybe something more epic and filled in is coming. Still late summer and early fall have been filled with new stories from demanded and I'm glad for that!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

so there an entire marriage problem is solved because she wants to be fucked harder?

Really?

Even more of a problem is the fact that the wife wanted to change the nature of the marriage to to sit her sexual needs but did not want to tell the husband.. Indeed in the therapist session she only came clean once her legal options and her cheating and destroying the family became a problem for her legal position.

.

The husband's I ideas his feelings his emotional makeup simply did not matter tutter turn in any way whatsoever

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was particularly stupid and pointless

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 stars - this is just a bad idea.

Nothing even remotely like what a true loving relationship should be - just fuck buddies.

Talk about a stupid self-centered relationship - this is a great example.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Started great. Unlikely. Weak ending.

demanderdemanderover 2 years agoAuthor

The six year gap is there for anyone to fill in, if they want. Two things: 1)I didn't want to write a tome, but staying together six years seemed like it would be enough for them to come to terms 2) the thing at the end is 'and they lived happily ever after.' Maybe I should have put a question mark after it. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a promising but incomplete submission. Given the terms under which Jerry and Mimi continued their marriage, it defies human nature to imply they would not have an explicit discussion about the future now that they have reached the milestone both agreed to be crucial six years earlier. The author cannot ignore the certainty of this inflection point in their lives without negating the arc he so carefully has drawn. The story remains unfinished until the course and outcome of their discussion are known.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AND? DID THEY DIVORCE OR NOT?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A shallow simple minded plot. Wife wants her cake and to eat it too. When she finally accepts that she can't be a monthly whore, she claims she'll wait six years before reconsidering her desires. So after six years they want to stay married, I guess. Statements of love do not necessarily include a commitment to loyalty and fidelity. The whore already admitted that she thought fucking around on her husband was OK. The whole story was just flat and lacked any drama. Who cares what they do?

Thanks for the effort.

tangoperutangoperuover 2 years ago

What kind of end is that?

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

"Closed circuit system" without the consent of the people being observed is prohibited and punishable, even for psychologists!

Now to your story as such: you tried to find a way out of a confused situation and, in my opinion, you chose the wrong path. What kind of marriage do you describe us? Six years without love and tenderness, sex on the basis of a callous fuck? Who would want to live in a marriage like that? And then suddenly after six years, out of the blue, a soulful, tender and wonderful marriage. That is not realistic and, for me, unbelievable. But it is your story and so it is!

brownlabbrownlabover 2 years ago

Thanks for your work, I'm shocked to be the first to comment? Don't listen to the trolls! You have written a solid story IMHO I will have to check out your catalog. Thank you again for the escape.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Disgusting. What a vile character she is. Oh I won't get the house? Guess I'll wait a few years to resume my whoring. The husband is pathetic too. 1

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
@mattenw — closed circuit. Really?

1.). It was closed circuit, not necessarily recorded.

2.). It was in a “public” area, so depending on the state (though I’d guess most of them), no privacy should be expected, like in a department store or bank or other places of business. So whether recorded or not...

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
They’d been “fucking” for six years, and it was stated Mimi didn’t love Jerry as much.

And just with a snap of a finger they're “in love” again?? I don’t buy it. You might as well end it “...and they lived happily ever after. The End”.

caruso0909caruso0909over 2 years ago

4 stars for page 1, i shouldn't have read page 2, especially the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anything is possible after 6 years of a love/hate relationship. But women age like cheese, while men age like wine. Sooner or later Mimi will be unappealing, and Jerry will have options from women who want a fit decent partner for their senior years. I suspect this marriage won't last that long. Its debatable if it has been a real marriage since the wife tried to become a slut. Whatever. Stupid people live fucked up lives. The children were ignored in the story, but they can predict the chance for the future better than anyone else.

Thanks for the effort.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 2 years ago

Okay, he got his marriage back. This is a marriage to a woman who has shown she is willing and able to cheat regardless of any previous promises to the contrary. Just get a divorce and have a friends-with-benefits arrangement with the cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You forgot the ending, did she start having affairs? did he allow her, did he divorce her?

Kind of unfulfilling. Thanks for your effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incomplete and lacks soul.

Could never really understand, empathize or identify with the characters due to the monotone nature of writing. It was clinical and lifeless almost.

Lord_LoudpantsLord_Loudpantsover 2 years ago

Dry as a bone, stylistically and more holes in the narrative than Albert Hall. What happened to his declaration that her even suggesting an open marriage (after she’d been caught) was grounds for divorce? That - and his initial firm rejection of a post-nup, simply disappeared without comment or explanation.. What changed his mind?

You can get away with plots and sillier dialogue if the narrative is consistent and coherent but that is not the case here.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Where

Where is the rest?.Did they divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Uh! Where is the story?

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Look ma no deaumont

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The cuck Jerry now trusts the bitch after 6 years, good luck with that

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

The end was really inconclusive. It appears they got past what she did with Mr. Drake. Jerry did what a husband who refused to be a cuckold and kicked his ass and filed for a divorce. Apparently, what transpired in the 6 years that followed the filing of the divorce and counseling reconciled their marriage and at the point where their children left for college their marriage was solid.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

The pieces of this story do not fit together. He fucks her for six years with no love and then decides after dropping off the last kid to college that he then loves her? Unlikely this would happen without a lot of communication between them to resolve their different opinions regarding fidelity.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Like watching an old SNL bit where the character says “Never mind.” At the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not a cuck.

He passed the ultimate 'shit test'. She wanted to fuck other men, and she felt entitled to do so. His love and devotion helped fuel that. His trust helped too. She saw him as weak and easy to manipulate.

Strike one was when he beat up her lover. She had to see him as a man. She hated that. She even wanted to visit her lover in the hospital.

Strike two was the divorce. He never wavered either. His love was gone, his kindness gone, his trust gone. She couldn't abuse his love, she hated that too. She tried to manipulate him to no avail.

Strike three was the custody battle. Big daddy government wasn't gonna force the man to pay for her like she believed. Her arrogance at flaunting her intentions to take lovers with children around is still somehow frowned upon.

And then she was OUT! His last push was to not only force the prenup, but to fuck and treat her like a two dollar whore.

He became a full man to her. He treats her like property, he didn't trust her, he didn't even really like her, and he beats up men that try to woo her. And women SECRETLY....love that. Many admit it, but not too openly. You see it in their dating preferences, you see it in the smut they consume like 50 shades, you hear their gossip. Of course she loves him. And not in that worthless way you love a sick puppy. She loves this stoic neanderthal that appears the ideal mate. He doesn't need her. He doesn't confide in her. But he's there for her. He wont tolerate her bullshit. Nothing dries a woman's ovaries like needy men...or men that gossip with them late into the night like a girlfriend would.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ending, it needs a real ending. You have a good story and presented it very well. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel there is something more to be said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What an accurate portrayal of this situation. Well done Demander.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bullshit! His wife still wants some strange sex!

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago
This

This might be your best story. Very realistic

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

You knocked another one out of the park.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good enough beginning. No middle. No end, since that comes after the middle, that wasn't in evidence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No ending. Lame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The ending made zero sense

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The ending? Huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry... most of your work is very good and very enjoyable - 4s and 5s - but this one feels... ...unfUNFINISHED, and got a 3 from me.

Somehow, it seems to just end, very abruptly and there is no finality to it... another chapter saying what happened would carry out the agreement made in the last counseling session and provide an ending, whether a BTB or RAAC, or a surprise twist of SOME sort... but an ending...

EastCoaster

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
It

Was unfinished sad how one person like the gym coach could destroy the marriage by swaying her to cheat, the husband should have sued the coach and the school.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Omg another stupid story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A fucking stupid story

NitpicNitpic10 months ago
Not

Not worth one

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story needed a little bit more at the end to complete it

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I’m not sure why there’s confusion on the ending. Jerry figuratively rode Mimi like a rented mule during those six years because she threatened to end the marriage after the post-nup expired. Both parties held back emotionally because there was a pretty explicit threat hanging over them. Jerry did not trust Mimi without a post-nup and Mimi was hurt and believed despite everything she’d done that she deserved trust. The post-nup expired and Jerry decided to trust her. She responded. They made love. Fin.

WargamerWargamer6 months ago

So they hard fucked themselves back into their marriage.

I don’t buy not for one minute. Poor plot.

Scores 2/5

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous