Creating Constellations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi!" Grace broke the silence between them again and then giggled and blushed.

"Sorry. I may have gotten caught up in the moment."

"Never apologize for a kiss like that. How about I make this easy on you, Lexi?" Grace's expression turned dour. "I'm into girls, and I'm really into the one still hugging me. Share a picnic with me?" A sweet smile soon leaked back through.

"Of course." Alexus came in for one more quick peck of a kiss which Grace met with gusto.

Grace bit her bottom lip as her whole face lit up again. She stood taller and offered a hand that Lexi readily took. There was clapping as they stepped out of the water, led by Melanie and Lucy. Rae stopped them across the shoreline and bowed, urging Lex to join in. She knows not to show weakness to Lucy. Lex smiled.

After toweling off, the pair set out the accouterments to go with the sandwiches. Lex procured another couple of beers. Playing for as long as they had seemed to have put a dent in her light buzz from the first can. Grace gladly accepted. The dozen of the original core group gathered around the cooler and blankets to feast together. There were sandwiches and a variety of sides to pass around. Lucy brought her standard and legendary snickerdoodles and some more experimental baked goods. Brad and Melanie's rigatoni salad was delicious, as always.

"It's nice to get the full gang together," Lucy said after a swig of water. "I still can't believe that you four had never been up here at the same time."

"I knew that they'd get along." Salvy grinned.

"You two look cute together." Melanie pointed her half-eaten sandwich at Lexi and Grace. "That was some kiss."

"You saw that?" Grace's face turned bright red.

"Everyone saw that." AJ chimed in. He was sitting close to Celina, and they shared indiscreet whispers. "Can I interest anyone else in a gummy?" He sat a zip-top baggy in the middle of the blanket that served as their table.

"Mel and I are pregnant." Lucy was usually the first to indulge.

"I don't know about my man Salvy, but I'm abstaining while Mel carries our first." Brad was the type that would take one if the majority of the group did.

"Same for me, Brad," Salvy confirmed his commitment to his wife's wishes.

"I'll take one." Celina grabbed a gummy and popped it in her mouth.

"Careful, they're strong." Warned another friend as she grabbed her own.

"Had to bring the good stuff to nude day." Alejandro selected a red one.

"How's the brewery going, Lex?" Brad changed the subject.

"So much better now that I can just be the master brewer. I have a crew at a festival today that I don't need to be at. I don't know how long I could have done it without my CEO." She pointed the snickerdoodle that she had just procured toward AJ. Her best friend had a towel over his crotch while he ate. He couldn't be naked while he dined. That was likely a foible that nobody knew outside of the group that came skinny dipping.

"Don't let her fool you. She had it handled." AJ deflected the spotlight away from him.

"I only looked like I had it handled. I could count the number of days off from the brewery on a single hand before I got help. We're going to be expanding the brewery soon."

"You're going to start a brewpub, too," AJ stated like it was a foregone conclusion.

"What type of menu are you going to have?" Celina questioned. For a woman who looked so demure and scared when she arrived, she was the only one of the ladies sitting in a manner that did not partially conceal her womanhood. Lex tried not to stare at the woman's tempting bare pussy. She looked comfortable now, whether it was the calming effect of an earlier gummy, the beer she was quaffing, or just time to warm up.

"I'm not sure, something that pairs with X's brews, but other than that, I'm going to find a chef to make those decisions." AJ knew when to be an expert and when to find the right people for a position. He never pretended to know everything. Delegation was a strength of the competent, visionary leader.

"Making your own menu must be nice." Celina looked lost in thought for a moment before reaching for a cookie. "You can make a great sandwich, AJ. That's a harder thing than most think."

"That means a lot coming from such an outstanding chef." Lucy's words made both AJ and Celina blush. "How's work going for you?"

"Busy. I've learned much from Chef Marienne, but he's always traveling somewhere."

"You thought about striking out on your own?" Mel questioned.

"Someday. That takes a lot of savings I don't have, and I think that might be even more stressful."

The conversation orbited the group, each person getting the spotlight to discuss their burgeoning careers. It was still a little odd that Lucy was a school administrator. She had always been bright but often on the wrong side of the desk in the principal's office in high school. Lex figured that she knew every trick students would try and pull. Salvy was an accountant, which seemed odd for a man with such a flamboyant personality. Lexi always imagined that accountants were stuffy and staid.

Brad and Melanie hardly made it back to Colorado since he followed her to Portland for a fantastic job offer out of college. He was a math teacher in a local district and had no problem with his wife being the breadwinner. Brad and Lucy had met in education classes. Their other friends took a turn, and it seemed that everyone was finding success in the half-decade since they had all graduated and dispersed around the country.

"What about you, Grace? How're things at Agco?" Melanie asked. It was the common abbreviated name everyone used for the company that had put AJ's mill out of business.

Lexi's eyes shot to AJ; she could see the dread bubbling up in his expression as he heard the company's invocation that still gave him a visceral reaction. She didn't think anyone else would see the issue yet, but she kept looking back at him as Grace spoke.

"Busy. They have me spinning too many plates simultaneously, but I'm managing so far. I got another promotion a month ago."

"I'd hate working for an evil corporation like that." Brad quipped.

"It pays the bills. It's not like there are many places in town. I love it up here too much to not find something to use my degree on." Grace didn't exactly seem to be cheerleading for the corporation that was driving the small farms and mills out of business, but that didn't seem to matter to AJ.

"I need a minute." AJ stood up and walked away from the group.

Shit. "I gotta go talk to him," Lex excused herself from the picnic and plodded after a retreating AJ. Grace looked shocked and hurt, but Alejandro had been in her life for too long to ignore.

AJ was bound for the hot springs. It was likely the only place that wouldn't be crowded with naked revelers. The area was nice and shady, but the abundant foliage held in the heat roiling from the springs. The temperature kept it from being a retreat or haven for couples looking for privacy. Lexi doubted she could be in the area for long either, but she needed to talk with Alejandro before his thoughts spiraled and he wasted his day being angry.

"How you doing, AJ?" Lexi asked as she emerged into the grotto. Alejandro sat on a high rock staring blankly at the cloudy, mineral-rich water.

"Better. I didn't yell at anyone at the mention of Agco this time." He tossed a rock into the hot springs. He hadn't taken things well when the mill had to be sold off. AJ was supposed to have been the mill's third-generation owner and CEO. He had all kinds of plans to expand and enrich the community. Those were dreams he had shared throughout college with anyone that would listen. That was all gone because Agco had pushed them out of the market.

Not only had their anticompetitive practices and buyouts mutated the market to support them, but a strong lobbying group helped craft laws that tipped the scales further in their favor. Their machine was unstoppable, and although they employed a large chunk of the region, no one liked them. Save for perhaps their shareholders.

"That's an improvement." Lex sat on the rock beside him.

"I'm happy where I am now, and my family's cared for. Why does it still make my stomach churn when I hear the name?"

"I'm not a therapist, AJ, but you must let it go." Lexi hoped that didn't sound callous. After a year and a half, even her patience started to wane.

"I'm trying. That mill was our everything for twenty-five years of my life." AJ's voice was soft.

"Not everything." Lex grabbed his hand. "You still have your family and me. We're happy and healthy. Happier now that I have a kickass CEO, so I don't have to do everything."

"I know, logically. Hell, I'm happier running your business than I ever was at the mill. It's just not the same."

"You're making a huge difference." Lexi leaned against him.

"It's all because you can brew some incredible beers." AJ deflected the credit. He had a hard time seeing that it was only because of his acumen that the mill had been sold in a way that took care of his parents and his abuela. It was the reason that his siblings didn't have to worry about student loans.

"I can only do what I can because I don't have to work twelve to sixteen-hour days anymore." Lex squeezed his hand. "And why I go on crazy adventures with my best friend."

"Do you like her?" AJ changed the subject.

Lexi nodded profusely. "Maybe too much. It's okay that she works at Agco, right?"

"Yeah, it's not like she's the heiress to the empire. She just needed a job after college." AJ blew out a long breath. "Don't let me stand in your way. That looked like some kiss."

"It was but..."

"But what, X?"

"She's bi. Is she just looking for a lay? Because I think I'm over flings."

"I can't tell you that. Only Grace can, but I've never seen a man or woman staring at you like that."

"I'm scared that if I let myself fall deeper for her and she's just looking for fun, it'll destroy me."

"Like what happened with Amber our senior year?" AJ asked.

Amber was a fellow lesbian and Lexi's first long-term relationship. It was the relationship that had her come out to her parents so she could introduce the tall brunette. She was probably why Lex hadn't been in a real relationship, at least not for long.

"She wasn't just looking for fun." Lexi sighed. AJ knew her far too well.

"No, but you haven't really dated since her."

Dating Amber had lost Lexi her family, and then she just moved away after college and didn't want Lex to come with her. Amber was her world; the woman hadn't felt the same attachment.

"You can blame the bi girls you've dated, but I think it's partially on you." His words stung slightly, but Lexi had just told him to get over Agco buying his mill.

"You did always favor an internal locus of control." Lexi smiled briefly. It was one of the few things that had really been burned into her memory from the psychology classes they had taken together. AJ tended to internalize and blame himself even when outside factors caused the outcome.

"We can only control ourselves, not the rest of the world. Take a chance on her, Alexus." AJ using her full first name was a rarity and an instant tell that he was being sincere. "Plus, she's fucking hot."

"She's the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen." Lex could feel the too-wide smile on her face. She must have looked like a fool. "Those constellations of freckles on her shoulders and nose are so cute!"

"See. And that kiss. Don't tell me that wasn't special."

"It was." Lex smiled foolishly as the sensory memory washed over her. "What about you and Celina?"

"I don't know. I'm not looking for anything serious until after I finish my MBA. I have five minutes to myself a week between school and work. It wouldn't be fair for a girl like that." AJ couldn't help a smile leaking out while thinking of the woman. It was unmistakable to Lexi that he was feeling stronger than he was letting on.

"How do you know she's looking for something serious?"

"That's the thing. I don't have time, but I hope she does. I'm so conflicted." Alejandro shook his head.

"Time to take a big swig of your own advice. Talk to the woman. I think she's your type."

"What do you say we head back before all of Lucy's cookies get eaten?"

"Good idea. I'm sure that gummy will kick in soon, and high AJ isn't my favorite to have a serious conversation with." Lexi smacked him on the shoulder as she giggled.

"There's that too."

Grace -- As Lexi left the picnic

"Did I say something wrong?" Grace leaned over and whispered to Celina but only got a shrug from the woman.

"Agco forced AJ's family mill out of business," Lucy answered for Celina. The woman had fantastic hearing. It was her superpower that likely aided her day job as an assistant high school principal.

"Oh fuck. I hope he knows I had nothing to do with that."

"He knows. He just needs a minute." Salvy grabbed the last unclaimed sandwich and split it with his bride.

"Alright. Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Unless your parents are secretly owners of Agco." Brad smirked.

"Nah, they're a pair of hippies. Dad works for the city government, and mom runs an art gallery. I think it would've come up by now."

"So, what do you think about him, Celina?" Melanie questioned, moving the focus from Grace.

"He's cute." Celina shrugged. She didn't like being the focus of anything unless her cooking was involved. She blushed bright pink.

"He's got a big cock. Trust me." Lucy cackled. "And he knows how to use it!"

"Yeah, he does!" Melanie chimed in and got a shocked look from everyone but Brad, Lucy, and Salvy. "There was a time before my future hubby."

"I can't blame you. I hit on him once myself." That was another surprise for the group. "I was bisexual back then. He's not, and he let me down easy."

"You're still bisexual, my dear." Mel shook her head with a wry smile. "Who you're attracted to doesn't change just because you're in a relationship."

"Nah, I'm only attracted to a certain gorgeous Hawaiian woman. There's no one else." Brad leaned in for a kiss from his petite fiancée.

"That's good, my love. I never want to be with anyone but you." Another kiss and another smirk decorated Melanie.

The discourse returned to safer topics until the rest of the crew dispersed toward the shade for the two pregnant women. Their men followed them as well. The other friends went for a swim.

"Do you like him?" Grace leaned closer to Celina to keep the conversation between the two.

"He's nice, but I'm not looking for anything real until my schedule slows down. He seems like too nice of a guy to just fuck." Celina had no sense of shame when it was just her and Grace.

"We both know your vibrator needs a night off." Grace giggled.

"Yeah, he does." Celina nodded in agreement and then got a mischievous grin. "Just maybe with someone that's not quite as good of a match. I don't have time for a boyfriend."

"No, but you'll never have time for one unless you make it."

"What about you? When are you going to get on the bicycle again? Bish has been gone for a while."

"What do you think about Lexi?" Grace asked. Her brain was still discombobulated from the most epic kiss she had ever experienced.

"As a hook-up or a girlfriend?" Celina's eyebrow arched.

"There's something special about that woman. But every girl I've ever gotten with has wanted nothing to do with me after a week." Grace sighed and leaned back, wondering if her working for Agco had already ruined what was brewing.

"Not every girl." Celina giggled. "One of them is still your best friend even if our one get-together sated my curiosity."

"And ignited mine. We knew going in it wasn't about love. At least not the romantic type. The platonic variety is unbreakable." When they were seniors in high school, their spring break was snowed in all week. Both girls had turned eighteen in January and lost their virginities soon after to long-time boyfriends.

Celina spent that spring break at Grace's as her parents were on assignment, and she was supposed to meet them, but Denver International was shut down. When their boyfriends couldn't make a visit all week, they got bored and horny. On Tuesday, Celina got caught with her vibrator when she was supposed to be taking a nap. That led to mutual masturbation instead of embarrassment.

There was a discussion if they were curious about sex with a woman that night on the bunk beds that Grace only kept so Celina had a place to stay over. Celina admitted that no one had ever gone down on her, even though she had blown a couple of guys. Rae argued that this was a massive injustice and volunteered to show her why.

They waited until no one else was home that Thursday before they locked the bedroom door and got to work. Grace could still remember every detail as she looked down on Celina's womanhood. The downy soft short, trimmed hair collected a dose of Cel's feminine scent. Her attempt was fumbling as Rae had only been on the receiving end. Celina was her first woman. Grace scoured the internet for videos and pointers. Her zeroing in on lesbian videos should have given her a clue of her bisexual leanings.

Determination, a will to succeed, and plenty of patience allowed Grace to drive Celina to a screaming orgasm without using toys. Cel insisted on repaying the favor. She was too tentative with her mouth and fingers but succeeded with the assistance of Rae's favorite toy. The look of her proud smile was emblazoned on a special spot in her memories.

Things were weird between them for about a week after the episode. Grace finally discovered that Celina didn't like sex with women, at least not as much as she enjoyed sex with her boyfriend. It had, however, made Cel more demanding with lovers. She needed oral sex if she was going to return the favor.

"I've never seen you stare at anyone like that." Celina snapped Grace out of the daydream.

"Like what?" Grace must have missed part of the sentence.

"How you were staring at Lexi."

"Yeah, she's fucking hot."

"I think it's more than that. What are you worried about?"

"I'm done with hook-ups. You know I don't have a preference for a mate that has a cock or a pussy." Grace motioned with her finger and then looked down at her naked womanhood. "I just want somebody to warm my bed more than once."

Celina chuckled. "You've never dated a real lesbian before, have you?"

"Real lesbian?" Grace gave her laughing friend a glare. "I don't think it's black-and-white for most girls. I think Carolyn Lee was only interested in girls after me." That relationship only made it a couple of weeks, but that might have been the calendar's fault. They hooked up before summer break, and Carolyn Lee lived in Boston. Their dating didn't survive the distance.

"Haven't you heard that joke about lesbians?"

"I've heard a lot of lesbian jokes, mostly from an impish former roommate." Grace grinned.

"What do lesbians bring to a second date?"

"I don't know." Grace played dumb. This was one that she had heard from her sister before. She preferred to allow her bestie's punchlines to land.

"Moving vans." Celina's eyebrows waggled.

"You're bad, Cel." Grace shook her head but couldn't help a giggle.

"I'm going to go take a swim. You want to join me?"

"Maybe in a few minutes. I need to reapply sunscreen."

"Okay, it might let me survey any additional possibilities for some fun."

Alexus -- A few heartbeats later

"Did I miss out on cookies?" Alexus asked as she returned to the spot she shared with AJ.

"I think so; you'll have to return next year to get more." Grace looked up from her bag as she pulled out the sunscreen.

"I should have expected that from the two pregnant women." Lexi sat on the blanket next to Grace. She hoped the incredible redhead was feeling the same tingles from being close.

1...34567...12