Creating Constellations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Have they?"

"Remember Angie?"

"I dated her for two years, so, yeah, a little." AJ chuckled and shook his head.

"We hooked up before you dated. Angie liked us both, had sex with me, and dated you."

"Yeah, I get that, but you know she's marrying a woman, right?"

"Really? I lost track of her after you two broke up."

"Yeah, I got an invite to the wedding. This reminds me, I will need a couple days off in September. That was my most amicable breakup." AJ smiled roguishly before it became a smirk. "Second most amicable, I don't live with her."

"Talk to my HR manager about time off." Lex pawned off his paperwork on AJ himself. "Bad example, then." The brewery had over twenty full-time employees, but AJ still had to wear multiple hats.

"I'll still need the owner's signature."

"This is why everyone gets the wrong idea about you two!" Lucy interrupted the conversation. "You're spending all your time together."

"We were talking to a couple of girls, but they went off to see friends." AJ didn't get too defensive. This wasn't Lucy's first time making this point.

"Celina and Grace?"

"Yeah."

"A pair of hotties if I have ever seen them." Lucy motioned for them to stand up. "For some reason, they keep looking back in this direction while talking with Brad, Mel, and Salvy."

"We don't want to intrude," Lex said as she stood.

"At least go mingle! Look at all the hot guys and girls here. I have a feeling I won't be the only one leaving this party pregnant." Lucy's laugh echoed out against the mountains surrounding them.

AJ and Lex did as ordered and spent time getting to know the other alumni at the party. The fraternity and sorority students seemed much younger than them, even if it had only been a handful of years since they had graduated. Fifty revelers had grown to a hundred as the day warmed. The pond was getting popular as the sun got more intense.

All Lexi wanted to do was go and talk to the tall leggy redhead, but she didn't want to appear clingy. Instead, she went swimming; X loved the confluence of the hot and cold waters. First, she untied her boots and set them and her cowboy hat on the towel beside Grace's setup. AJ didn't seem to be at all self-conscious about being nude as he schmoozed with everyone. Probably networking even on his day off. The brewery wouldn't open all weekend. The busy summer season wasn't the best time for a significant repair or replacement, but it was nice to get some downtime after a busy start of the season.

Alexus floated near the hot water outlet and stared at puffy white clouds. This pond was about as close to paradise as she would ever find on Earth. Lex tried to move her thinking back onto the competition that was taking place today, anything to keep from falling hopelessly for Grace. She wanted to guard herself against another heartbreak when she found out the beauty just wanted a hookup.

Floating in the water with her ears just below the surface, the party fell away, and Alexus finally took a relaxing breath. She had been running all out since she had taken over the brewery. A sense of all the work and muscles she didn't realize were so tired came rushing in. AJ was right. I needed a day off. Even if she hadn't wanted to come up here, she was already glad she had.

"Are you avoiding Grace?" Came in muffled but intelligible. Whoever was speaking had to be very close. Celina made an appearance in the water beside Lex.

Alexus almost jumped as she switched from floating on her back to treading water. Celina could probably stand, but the bottom was out of reach for Lex. "No. I was trying to give you two space."

"It's okay if you are, she's a big girl and can handle herself, but I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't check covertly." Celina smiled slyly.

"I want to be talking to her, but I don't want to seem needy."

"I've never seen her stare at a woman like she was staring at you, Alexus." Celina was capable of a good shrug while treading water.

"Does she date women?"

"She's bi."

"That's not what I mean. I get she sleeps with women, but does she date them?"

"She hasn't, but I think that's only because she hasn't found a good one. I think you promised her a beer." Celina explained.

Alexus was torn. She was undeniably attracted to the red-haired goddess but didn't want to leave her heart vulnerable. She was trying to stay a little aloof. Take a chance. Although Lex had lovers since college, her last confirmed relationship was torn asunder by distance after graduation.

"Yeah." Lex started to paddle toward the shore and her cooler. "What do you think about AJ?"

"He's cute and funny." Celina blushed and looked away. "I don't know. Is he single?"

"He is. I don't think he's dated since the pandemic, though."

"Is there something wrong with him?" Celina asked with a giggle showing that she was having fun.

"No, nothing at all. I would have scooped him up long ago if I weren't a lesbian. He's been supremely busy the last few years. First with the mill, then the brewery and school."

"That explains why you two haven't hooked up."

"We have. Before I knew I was a lesbian." Lex had to be careful as she got to the rocky shore. Slipping could be painful. She didn't need to discuss the pandemic-induced hookup.

"And you're still friends?" Celina asked as she toweled off.

"I don't have a lot of people around from my childhood." Lex stopped before entering the tale of being estranged from her mother and father since she came out. Her sister talked to her nearly daily, but she lived in Vancouver with her husband and twin daughters. She rarely got back to Colorado.

"Do you indulge in other recent legal activity?" Celina offered her some gummies. The cannabis in it lent to a skunky smell wafting from the bag.

"No, but you and AJ have something in common." Lex smiled and pointed her toward Alejandro as he was regaling a group of friends with what appeared to be his infamous spring break tale of nearly getting stuck in Mexico. X could tell by the hand motions after hearing it an incalculable number of times.

"Goody." Celina skipped away over toward AJ.

Grace was talking and laughing with Lucy and Melanie as Lex approached. "Can I interest anyone in a beer?" She asked the group.

"Preggers." Lucy shook it off.

"So am I," Mel admitted and got a squeal out of the other two ladies. This was new information for the group and might make things awkward; Mel and Brad were still a month away from their wedding. "Oops."

"Congratulations!" The exclamation came out with only a hint of overlap from the three other women.

"Yay! Our babe will have playmates. Even if you two moved across the country, you can't stay away for long." Lucy was even happier than the rest of the ladies.

The scrum was excited but tried to keep their voices low. It didn't seem like Mel was ready to broadcast her great news. "At least it's close enough that my dress will probably still fit."

"Oh, we need to compare notes!" Lucy declared. "You two can't join our club yet unless you have something to declare." She grabbed Mel's arm and pulled her excitedly toward where Salvy and Brad were talking.

"Eh, more for me this way." Grace grinned. "Lead the way, my good lady."

"You just want an excuse to stare at my ass." Lex couldn't help feeling playful around the tall beauty.

"Guilty, have you seen it? I'm not the only woman staring."

She's hitting on you. It seemed so obvious, but Lex had been wrong before. Some girls were playful and had no interest in Lexi; however, she was nearly sure that Grace wasn't playing around. "I've heard it's my best feature."

"I like your smile more." Grace grinned as they got to the cooler. "Or maybe your eyes. I can't decide. Everything about you is cute."

"You want something fruity or something strong?" Lexi could feel a blush burning on her cheeks, but she wasn't about to bring more attention by acting differently than she would.

"Be my sommelier, whatever you would recommend."

"We have an excellent vintage late 2022 imperial stout that was aged for months in a local Colorado distillery's whiskey barrel. It pairs well with strong cheeses or spicy foods." Sommelier may only apply to wines, but Lexi would play along. "Your other choice is a 2023 sour, but those are usually more of an acquired taste."

"Which one are you having?"

"The stout." She pulled a couple of ice-cold cans from the cooler. It was probably too cold for the best impression of the bold flavors, but it would be heavenly as the sun reached its zenith. "You gotta be careful with them, though. They're strong."

"Sure, you want to join me at my towel so we can conspire about our wing woman work?"

"Nice alliteration. I couldn't think of anything better."

Grace -- that same time

I'm into you, and I like girls. Grace tried to send the thoughts to Lex.

"So, AJ, sell him to me so I can play saleswoman for him."

"What's not to like? He's tall, handsome, brilliant, and kind. He's been my best friend since before I can even remember."

"That long?"

"Yeah, before kindergarten. His family supplied the brewery with grain, and that was where my aunt watched me while my parents were at work. AJ came along with his parents, and we played together." Lexi smiled. "I have pictures to prove it even if I don't remember."

"He's cute. I think I can sell him to Celina." The stout had a delightful warming sensation as Grace took her first sip of the fantastic beer. "Mmm..." It reminded her of her favorite whiskey.

"What about Celina? She's hot, but it's your turn to sell her." Lex had the most adorable blush and smile before taking a long quaff of her beer.

"Okay, I guess that's fair. I've only known Celina since high school, but she's been my best friend since I met her. Cel's family moved around every few years before landing near Durango. They didn't start wandering again until she was in college."

"So, you only have twelve years of history?" Lexi grinned impishly.

"She's the best chef in Colorado."

"Okay, what about weaknesses?"

"I don't recall you giving me any weaknesses for AJ."

"He's kind of a nerd. AJ also had a pothead phase in college. Blacklight posters, a failed attempt at dreads, that smell that potheads seem to share."

"Pachouli, my parents are hippies."

"He grew out of that, though."

"Celina is a bit of a size queen." Grace's cheeks burned. She couldn't figure out why she readily admitted things to Lex.

"That's not a problem for AJ. He's got a big cock when he's excited."

"How do you know?"

"We slept together before I figured out I'm a lesbo."

"Okay, good to know. I may have to share that with Celina sometime."

"I don't think it'll take too much intervention." Lex motioned toward the pair behind them. AJ and Celina were standing together in a clump of revelers.

"Aww... But my ploy to get close to you." Grace looked distraught, then chuckled.

"I don't think you need a master plan." Lexi leaned in close to her with a conspiratorial tone. Her pink lips looked like they were begging to be kissed.

Grace leaned closer. It felt like her soul was pulled toward the impressive blonde beside her. A basketball bounced through the sliver of space between them, then careened off the dirt toward Celina and AJ.

"Sorry!" Yelled out a giggly young woman as she came bounding out of the lake. "It got away from my boyfriend."

"Got away from me? Or maybe some brunette smacked it out of my hands." A stoutly built young man said with a laugh.

"It was a block."

"Blocks don't slap shooters in the face." The guy followed his girl out of the water and scooped the laughing young woman into his arms. There was another peel of laughter from both. "Hey, we could use a few more players if you're interested."

"You got room for four?" AJ had the basketball in his hands.

"Five on five?" The young woman asked as she looked at a group of college students gathered around a floating hoop.

"That could be fun! No couples on the same team." Her boyfriend insisted. "We'll take the two tall ladies, and you guys get the short one and the tall guy."

Grace hopped up and then helped Lex to her feet. Maybe it was just an excuse to touch the blonde goddess, but X didn't seem to mind. "I'm game if you are."

"I should warn you that I'm kind of competitive." Lex took a long swig of her beverage to hide a smirk.

"Good. I'm going to win. I'd hate to have it given to me, though."

"Care to make a wager on that?" The smirk returned brighter. "Height won't get you as far in the water."

"Loser buys dinner at Jose's?" Grace suggested the best local eatery.

"It sounds like a date." Lexi winked at her.

"Longer arms are still an advantage, plus I played in high school." Grace shrugged and then walked into the water.

The game was surprisingly competitive for a group of skinny dippers taking breaks to sip adult concoctions or beer. X stuck to Grace like glue and didn't make a shot easy for her. Rae ensured the speedy blonde had to turn on all her moves and earn every bucket. The inadvertent touches and caresses got more frequent as the spirited game dragged on.

Grace didn't spend the entire time guarding Lex, though she would have liked to. When they were in the shallower water, Rae had to use her height to help Celina post up against AJ. She wasn't lying to the pixie when Gracie told her of her competitive nature. A night out with Lexi would seem like a win whether Rae had to pay for it or not, but that wouldn't mean she surrendered.

Lexi might have been short, but she was strong and wasn't above hip checks. Her defensive prowess was only slightly more concentrated on Grace than the rest of her team. AJ played the ball. However, he avoided touching the ladies inadvertently. The game was five on five, but the new quartet seemed to concentrate on guarding each other.

The water was the perfect temperature as the day's heat reached its zenith. Although the game was played with severe ferocity, it didn't mean splashes and dunks were off the table, especially during the timeouts. Grace had been expecting a quick game, but by the time it was winding down, she could feel the burn in her muscles from exertion. Her morning run was likely unnecessary, and she hoped someone was still bringing the sandwiches, or she would have to subsist on chips. There was no way she was about to skip out on time with Lex because her stomach was growling.

"Okay, next basket wins." The frat guy who brought the hoop declared, likely because his team had the possession.

Fortunately, that meant that Grace had the advantage. "Does Thursday or Friday of next week work better for you at Jose's?" She smiled at Lex. Rae wasn't above trash-talking.

Lexi's eyes narrowed without a word, and coupled with the devious smile on her face, Grace was second-guessing her taunt. The petite blonde dove under the water, took off like a barracuda through the pond, and aimed herself straight at the ball carrier. Grace's teammate seemed determined to dunk for the game's last score.

The hoop was positioned in a deeper section of the pond, and the ball carrier had to juke around a pair of defenders, including AJ.

"Pass it back out!" Grace begged as Lex's blur approached from the hoop's other side.

"I got this!" The frat guy declared and leaped from a shallow spot toward the hoop, his arm extended. Lexi shot from beneath the surface and smacked the ball from the guy's hands directly toward AJ.

AJ caught the ball, but Celina was in his face. Her arms were wildly closing off any lanes toward his teammates. A taller sorority girl made a break for an open section of water.

"Pass it out!" Yelled another guy on Grace's team. The half-court-esque rules meant the ball had to be taken outside a prescribed distance from the hoop before the other team could attempt a score. AJ heaved a no-looker pass to his streaking teammate.

Grace made a break toward Lexi. She was still close to the basket and wide open as the guy she had blocked was chasing the ball carrier. The gal that caught the ball from AJ wasted no time flinging it toward Lex. It was almost a perfect alley-oop. Rae pushed with all her might to close the distance, but it was too late, and her new acquaintance slammed the ball into the hoop to seal their win.

"Damn, nice move!" Celina cheered. "I owe you a pizza sometime, AJ."

"Yeah, you do," AJ smirked confidently.

"Short girl has moves!" Declared one of AJ and Lexi's teammates.

"Thank you, I love getting underestimated." Lexi smoothed her hair back and squeezed some water from it. "Thursday works better, Grace. Fridays are usually busy evenings at the brewery."

"Okay, okay. He was right about the nice moves." Grace was gracious in accepting the loss without argument.

"Can I interest you in a sandwich today?" Lex started toward the shore.

"That would be great. I'm starving."

Alex -- That same time

No matter who was the victor of a hard-fought game of hoops, dinner was on the table. Lexi hadn't let herself believe that was because Grace was into her. Maybe she's looking for a new friend. The calm part of her intellect argued against getting her heart too invested. Even if she's bi, she probably just wants sex.

Lex let Grace catch up before they got to the shore; getting a chance to watch the goddess wring out her hair and wrangling the locks into a ponytail, had her distracted. Rae was stunningly beautiful, standing in the water to her mid-thigh. Lexi didn't even try to hide her lecherous intent. The object of her lust met her eyes and blushed most adorably. Making the woman turn pink was breathtaking and made her more beautiful.

"You're still gorgeous. Sorry if I keep staring." Lexi broke the silence between them.

"Don't worry about it. A. I like the attention, and B. You just haven't caught me looking yet. It's why I like my mirrored sunglasses." Grace's eyebrows shot up as she responded with a confident grin and a cheerful wink.

"AJ takes his sandwich game seriously, but hopefully, it'll stand up to the best chef in Colorado." Lex must have been as pink as Grace, so she tried to change subjects.

"Celina and I brought the chips. I guess we better flag down the rest of the crew so we can provide our parts."

"You just want to make sure you get some of Lucy's cookies, don't you?" Lexi was already salivating at the thought. Her cookies were almost as famous as the swimming hole.

"Of course, if we don't jump on that now, I may have to wait another year to get my fix." Grace started to step out of the lake. Even though it had a sandy bottom, the lake was ringed in slippery rock.

"Careful, Gra-" Lex started to say as Grace stepped onto the rock. Alexus had nearly face-planted around the shore many times. Rae's foot slipped, and the tall woman began to flail before falling back. It was a possibility that the redhead could crack her head open as she fell. Moving faster than Lexi thought possible, she caught Rae just above the smooth stones. "It's slippery."

"I guess it is. Wow, you're strong and quick." Grace's arms embraced Lex. "Nice save." She leaned up toward the blonde.

"Couldn't have you getting hurt," whispered Lex as she leaned closer.

"My hero..." Grace met her lips like a stroke of scarlet lightning from a blue sky.

It didn't matter that there was a small crowd on the shore or that Celina and AJ were behind them. All was consumed by the moment. The kiss went on for a gaggle of heartbeats, long enough for Grace to turn toward her as she found her feet. The incredible woman's naked breasts pressed against her own allowed Lexi to feel the younger woman's strong heartbeat against hers. It intermingled like a drum line making something more.

The energy and urgency of the passionate kiss were unlike anything Lex had ever experienced. She had already been falling hopelessly for the incredible woman in her arms. The world-stopping kiss only cemented the feelings she was trying to keep at arm's length. When they finally broke, the smooch consumed her. All she could do was stare into the most astonishing pair of green eyes she had ever seen. The freckled woman's deep red lips slowly curled into a smile, though the embrace didn't slacken.