Daisy’s Adventures: 02 Back to school

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Seeing that castle reminds me that this is an ordinary place, not a sacred one like last time."

"True. Why do you bring this up?"

"I've heard the sand can be a nice bed for sex."

"Ah, I see where you are going." Then I removed my clothes.

We spent weeks going from place to place, while he shared his life again with me. I saw many special places, many of which were sacred. We never had sex in those, except for one noted for sex. I also saw his journeys through the land, and eventually, the Celestial City through his eyes.

Finally, he said, "It is time to bring this wonderful dream to an end. So much has happened, will I remember it? Will I feel the effort on my ancient body? How long have I been sleeping?"

"Such is the joy of dreams, that you will only have been sleeping a few minutes. Your body will not be affected. As for remembering, it will be like a vivid dream. Since most came from your memory, that will be clear. What we did, however, will be less clear. Yet you will remember how you felt about it. So, you wish to wake?"

"Yes."

"Close your eyes." I then focused on Aja's power, and brought us awake. The first thing I did was use Inanna's power to check his health. I saw he was okay.

Slowly, his eyes opened. "Wow. What a wonderful vacation. No responsibilities, no worries."

"Yes, dreams are like that."

"I shall take my leave now."

"Thank you so much. That was such a rich experience."

He rose, and walked me to the door. I picked up the books, and followed. Once outside, I made my way back to my apartment. I spent the next two weeks reading through all the books quickly. Not to learn the spells, yet, but rather to understand what they were.

I had to stop, as the advanced talisman class was finishing. All the students were required to make one. I decided to make an athame of obsidian with gold inlay and an ebony handle, wrapped in leather. I wanted it to be fire related, and settled on having several fire-related abilities. One would be a flame at the tip, so I could use it as a lighter. Another would be fire absorption, so I could put it in a small fire, and it would draw that fire into itself, leaving it cold. A third would be a flaming blade designed to provide heat, so I could cook over it.

I created the dagger in several steps, starting with the blade. It was like the ones I usually make, but I had the gold inlay running down the center of the blade with very thin lines. The inlay was in the pattern of a fiery salamander on each side, but only in the surface. Next was the handle. Since the obsidian was shaped to lock the handle in place, I made the wood as a single piece. Lastly, I created the leather as a long thin strap, and I used telekinesis to wrap it tightly. I tucked the loose end inside the wrapping using telekinesis to stuff it in. The tension on the wrapping kept it in.

My classmates thought it was beautiful. Master Chén examined it, and said, "Curious. This was magically made."

"How can you tell?"

"I sensed the shape of the blade, and saw that the handle could not be placed on it without magic. The inlay is also unnatural. Did you make this?"

"Yes. Will that be a problem?"

"I don't think so. However, the blade could easily break."

"Yes. I plan to add an enchantment for durability."

"That will be wise."

He asked me what it would do, and I told him.

"That is a lot for a first talisman, but it is not your first, is it?" He smiled at that.

The other students were surprised that I had made a talisman already. Several looked like they wanted to ask questions, but the teacher stopped them.

Master Chén said, "Miss Smith came here, not to learn how to make a talisman, but for learning about the many possible things they can do. Take note of what she achieves."

Then he went to the next student to examine the next would-be talisman. He left me to my own devices as he assisted the other students in making their talismans. He did ask about my unusual binding rituals, so I explained I had studied quite a few talismans. Over the next three classes, the students enchanted their talismans. I also took that time to enchant each aspect solidly. For the cooking setting, I added a separate enchantment to allow it to float, and I added a pearl onto the end of the handle, so I could control where it floated, and the heat given off.

On the last day, I added a pair of enchantments that would make it into a flame sword, with the blade and crossbar made of force fields surrounded by intense flame. I then added another enchantment to hide that aspect of the blade, and to reduce the magic signature to that of a minor talisman. When I created the fire to bind into the athame, I also created a solid illusion to keep the heat away from the classroom. That also surprised the students, and Master Chén just indicated I was already an experienced mage, so I knew a lot of spells.

The final class, each student displayed the abilities of their talisman. Master Chén left me for last, and I demonstrated the lighter, stove, and extinguishing abilities. After dismissing the class, he asked me to join him, as usual. However, we went to a magic testing area instead of his office.

"Why have we come here? Are there some example talismans here?"

"No. Rather, I wanted to see the full ability of your talisman."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Your spellcasting is so different, the students didn't notice, but I saw how complex your spells were on the final day. What you showed did not need that level of complexity or the subtle power I could sense through your shield. Yes, I also noticed the magic damper as well. I have a damper around the room when they make the talismans, and I am ready to cast a stronger damper if needed. I watch everyone, in case the magic goes awry."

"Sounds like good precautions. I am not used to creating magic in front of others able to understand my magic. Yes, I did add something else. Observe." I then faced to his side, pulled out the athame and activated the sword form.

"Whoa! That feels hot."

"It is. It is also solid with a blade of pure force inside, so it can cut and block. Not the best weapon, with a dagger handle, but useful for some kinds of enemies. I have also hidden this ability." Then I deactivated it, and let him examine the athame. I didn't mention that the handle was extended with force to allow proper use as a one- or two-handed sword.

It took him a long time, and several spells, before he said, "Nice. Powerful, without seeming to be. I can sense how to use the lesser abilities, but not the sword. I can barely sense there is another ability, but I think only because I know it exists. Most would think this is just a useful tool, and not a powerful weapon. As a talisman for the class, this excels, and the hidden power takes it to a higher level."

"That is high praise. I am honored."

"Now, on to other things. Have you settled on the talisman's abilities you desired?"

"Yes. People in my Earthly realm have begun to explore and live off the planet, and on our moon and in the spaces between where there is nothing. I want a talisman to aid me there without being noticed. An impossible task, seemingly, but I can mitigate the notice. But what a talisman should do was my question."

"I see. Do you seek a tool or a weapon?"

"I have many weapons. I seek a tool. The quickest fatality in space is the lack of air. I have found a spell to create fresh air. But if the air is escaping, I need a way to prevent it. Another spell that pulls air close will be used for that. Lastly, with my practice making the athame, I can keep warm without overheating. Space can be too hot or too cold for people to survive."

"That is a lot to control at once."

"Yes, but it can be subtle enough that it might not be seen as the cause. It will take me a few weeks to design, and only a few days to make."

"I'm glad that I was able to help. I shall miss you, and your insightful comments. I think I learned more than you in my class."

"I guess the student has become the teacher."

He laughed at that. "Yes, oh wise one. That ancient wisdom still applies."

We parted, and I went back to my apartment. I spent another month at the school, closing out the other projects I was working on. I explored one final magic project. This time, it was a storage ring that used a portal to access, rather than an existing opening. I made it a simple silver ring with a single pearl. I wanted it to be able to store a moving truck with room to spare. That took three weeks to achieve.

I made a reservation at the restaurant next door to celebrate my departure. I invited a few from the school, both students and staff. There, I said my goodbyes, and said I was returning home. The next day, I turned over my keys to the owner, and gave him the tour. I explained how everything worked, in case he needed to do something. The only thing left in the closet was my Egyptian garb, which I would be changing into once I was outside the city. Everything else I wanted, including all the clothing, was in storage in the ring or purse.

Leaving, my first stop was a hairdresser. She spent several hours doing up my hair to match the Egyptian wig. I left the wig with her, as she appreciated it so much. I then asked her if I could change my outfit in the back of the salon. There, I changed into the kalasiris, and applied my makeup. She was amazed at the change when I came out. I thanked her, and when I went to pay her, she said the wig was payment and more. So I bowed to her, and thanked her for her work.

It didn't take long to exit the city. I made a stop at Hugeng's villa to leave a letter for him. Arriving at the gate to Earth, there were different guards, but they had heard of me.

"I recognize you. You're the lady looking for inspiration." He placed his hands between his legs, and grabbed his junk, shaking it. "You inspire me."

"You are rude. Stand aside."

"You don't like it? Tough. I think we should play with you."

The other guard said, "Yeah. We like what we see."

"Will you stand aside? Or must I use force."

The first guard said, "Let's see you try."

"As you wish."

I then raised both hands, and then quickly separated them like I was parting a curtain. I used An's power of air to swiftly lift and send them away over a hundred feet. I let them land hard, but not too hard. Then I went on in. I activated the gate, focusing on the evening of the day I left, and arrived in Cairo. When the people in the shop recognized me, I felt I likely managed to connect to the same day. My clandestine research on the gates and how they could affect time paid off. I walked out of town, exuding sexuality but not accessibility.

I cast the attention-hiding spell, so people wouldn't notice me, and walked a little farther. Then I activated Isis's flight and flew up above the planes in an instant, before heading back home. As I was flying, I called Isis.

"Hello, Daisy. Have you returned so soon?"

"Yes. My sojourn has proven to be useful. I spent months there, but I managed to get the gate to return me without much time on this side."

"You must be careful about that. The ability of the gates between realms is known, but few know how to make it work."

"The few include the school of magic I went to."

"Hehe. You do find the most interesting bits of magic. So, did you wish to say hello, or something else?"

"A bit of both. Realizing I seemed to arrive back far quicker than expected, I need to lay low to account for the long journey I told others I would be on. In a month or two, I will return home, but until then, I thought I might visit a bit."

"Then come on over. You can stay here a while, and spend time with the kids, too."

"Thank you. I'll be there soon."

I then focused on heading to California. When I landed next to her shrine, I saw she chose to welcome me with her family. So I remained in the Egyptian outfit, and walked toward them.

Cleopatra said, "Wow mom. What an entrance."

Layla chimed in, "Yeah, and in priestly garb, just like the ancient Egyptians wore."

Darius added, "Yeah. You look hot!"

Mona elbowed Darius, and whispered to him, "Everyone can see your erections, idiot."

"Welcome children. I'm glad I can show you the ancient outfit. Come, give me a hug."

They all rushed to hug me, but I noticed Darius was staring at one of the breasts he could see directly.

Osiris said, "Come inside, and tell us of your trip."

Isis just waved me in, and led the way. We all piled into the living room, where I gave a quick summary of my trip. With all the questions, it took nearly two hours, even with me skipping a lot of things. When the children left, Isis invited me to join them for sleep. However, when we got in bed, they got on either side of me, and made love to me before we all slept.

Over the next few days, Isis and Osiris asked me about the time spent in the other realm. So I explained my need for a new talisman, and finding ideas in the Celestial City. They were happy I found my answers, and Isis invited me to work on my talisman here. As I had already made the talisman's physical form, it only needed the enchantment. I accepted, and she suggested I do the enchantment in her backyard shrine.

I chose to wear the qipaos I had made, rather than the Egyptian outfit, as it was easier to go about town without a hassle. I spent several hours a day in the shrine, meditating with a focus of Isis, and the talisman. I had already told her my plans, but indicated I was open to ideas and improvements.

I enchanted the talisman in my mind everyday, and held it up for inspection in my meditation. As the days passed, I learned by changing things about to get a better talisman. When, after three days, I felt I could not make it any better, I began the ritual to enchant it.

Placing it on the edge of the font that held the Nile River's water, I invoked Isis's blessing. Suddenly, the water in the font surged just enough to come to the edge, and the talisman was lifted and carried to the center of the font. Realizing Isis was altering my ritual a little, I let her inspiration move my hands to either side of the font. Then it felt right to continue.

I called forth her power, and focused it into the talisman. As it pooled within the talisman, I felt additional power come from the water, yet it responded to my will. It appeared Isis was going to assist me. Grasping the additional power, I started to create the talisman matrix I had developed in my study of talismans. While I held it in place, I created the various effects I desired. I could feel a subtle emphasis being applied by Isis, so I followed her lead. Overall, I placed the stealth and control elements. Then I tightened the binding matrix, and sealed it into permanency.

As expected, this tired me out a fair amount. Unexpected, was that I could not release the font, as Isis added her finishing touches to the ritual. As I was still under effects that let me see magic, chi, and other supernatural effects, I saw her power surge the water again. This time, it flowed onto my hands, then up my arms. It made its way to my head, and it covered it completely. Then I felt a rejuvenation of my energies, followed by the water returning to the font. Blinking several times in reaction, I then focused on the font, and saw the talisman floating an inch above the water.

I reached for it, then said, "Thank you, my lady."

I did not expect her reply. She said, "It was fun." I smiled.

But the truly surprising part was that I heard her right behind me. I spun around, and saw her.

"Now, it is time to leave, and show your work to An."

Changing, and collecting my things, I said goodbye to Isis and Osiris, and left.

= = = = = = = = = =

I love getting your votes.

I would also like to hear from you.

Leave a comment!