Dan's Story Pt. 03 - Everything Goes Awry

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marie: "OH Dan! Is everything O.K. at home?"

Dan: "We're managing. Betty wanted to help but if she looks after Danny, then I have nothing to do."

Betty:(coming in the door) "Do I hear my name being used in vain?"

Marie: "Betty, come in. So he hasn't tried to get you into our bed yet, eh?" They laugh. "Watch him, Betty! He's pretty quick when he's horny."

They chatter and banter and fool with Danny. When Betty leaves Sam and Clay come in. They don't stay long. Dan sits with Marie and they discuss their daughter.

Marie: "She's doing well so far. They're keeping a close eye on her. I pumped some milk for her today and they tell me she has taken it and kept it down." She looks down at her silhouette under the sheets and lays her hand on her belly. "It feels empty without her."

Dan puts his hands on top of hers. "Did they say how long she'll have to stay in the incubator. Seems to me I heard that the shorter the stay, the better."

Marie: "The doctor says he'd like to be able to send her home with me on Friday. What's today, I've lost track of what day it is."

Dan: "It's still Tuesday. You gave birth this morning. Remember, they had to operate."

Marie: "Oh! That's why I'm so sore. I do remember some of it. I'll still be able to have more children, won't I?"

Dan: "Not right away. This time scared me. I was so afraid of losing you. I didn't know how bad the operation was and I kept thinking of how Mary looked after her delivery. I was so happy to hear you were all right. You'll never know how happy I was."

Marie: "Oh Dan, I do love you."

They chat until Danny gets fussy about quarter to nine. Marie is tired so Dan says he'll see her tomorrow. They kiss and she holds Danny for a few minutes, then they leave for home.

Irene hears his car and waits for him just inside the living room door, in case he's not alone. Her suitcase is behind the door out of sight and she stands in the doorway watching him come in. She steps forward to take Danny from him and brushes Dan's lips with hers as she says, "You're alone?"

Dan: "No!" He opens the door behind him and calls, "Come on in, girls!" He steps back in with a broad grin on his face and Irene says, "I'll get you!" They laugh and Danny laughs, too. Irene starts getting Danny out of his heavy outdoors wear. Dan gets off his coat and watches Irene with the baby. She checks his diaper, catches him up on one hip and spreads a towel on the table. With him still under her arm she gets a fresh diaper and warm wash cloth. She comes back to the table with a towel over her shoulder.

She sits Danny on the towel, strips him and washes his bottom. She pats him dry, checks a red spot in his groin, powders him and puts on his fresh diaper. While she does this she talks to him and he chatters back at her. Dan reaches her a clean shirt and trousers, but she shakes her head. "He needs air on his bottom to clear up that red spot. He 's O.K. the way he is." She puts him into his play pen.

Then she turns to Dan and beckons him into the bedroom with her. "It's your turn, now." she says with a grin and starts unbuttoning his shirt. She's in her red housecoat and slippers.

She takes off his shirt and slides her hands up under his T shirt. Sensually rubbing his chest she pushes his T shirt up and eventually over his head. As his head pops out from under the garment she kisses him. Her hands are busy with his pants so when she steps back they fall around his ankles. She pushes him back to sit on the edge of the bed. Down on her knees she removes his shoes and socks, then his pants. Looking up at him with a mischievous smile she runs her hands up his legs and slowly pulls his shorts down and off. Dan is laying back on his elbows and grins at her around his tall erect organ and she peeks around it up at him and says, "Peek a boo, I see you."

Then she stands and takes off her house coat. She holds a hand out to him and says, "Come on, let's shower first."

Dan jumps up to follow her and stops at the bedroom door. "What about Danny? One of us will have to watch him or I could put him in his high chair in the bathroom."

Irene: "Shoot! I know! We'll take him with us. Have you two ever taken him into the shower? I bet Marie has."

Dan: "I don't think she has. I don't know."

Irene has his diaper off and carries him to the shower so Dan gets the water temperature set. Not too hot at first. Irene steps into the shower backwards so the water cascades over her back and lets a mist cover Danny. She laughs with him and plays to his attention. Dan steps in facing her and lets his arm encircle Irene's hips. He talks to Danny and soon the baby is gurgling and laughing with water splashing off him. Dan soaps Irene up and washes her down, then takes the baby while she does the same to him. She puts a dab of suds on Danny's chest and washes him as well. He loves it and waves his arms about laughing. Irene steps out and dries her arms, then Danny as Dan holds him. She dries Dan's feet and takes the baby, while Dan dries her feet. She goes to the bedroom and puts Danny in his crib. While she bends to put him down, Dan has the towel and dries up her legs to her thatch. Gently he dries her there and rubs a little extra. Still bent over the crib she shudders and grips the railing. Dan chuckles and goes on drying her off working his way up her body, allowing her to stand. He finishes with extra attention to her breasts and nipples.

Irene: "Now give me that towel!" She works on drying him and driving him crazy. Danny chuckles and waves at them in his crib.

Soon they tumble into the bed and have sex, sex and more sex. It seems like hours later but it's more accurately about an hour later, Danny starts to fuss. They lay spent and locked in each others' arms.

Irene: "Stay where you are, Dan. I'll check on him."

In a minute she's back and puts Danny down between them. He starts crawling around and exploring. First thing they know he has found one of Irene's nipples and locks his mouth on it.

Irene:(chuckling) "Just like his father! Sorry, little one, there's nothing there." She lets him discover this for himself then gently draws him between her breasts. Tears trickle from her cheeks and wet the pillow. "He's so like my little ones." she whimpers and Dan draws her to him with Danny between them. He holds her as her sorrows subside. In a while she dries her eyes with a balled up fist and apologizes for being such a baby. She takes Danny and diapers him, then puts him down in his crib. He settles down to sleep as they turn out the lights and try to do the same. Irene's head rests on Dan's chest and he feels more warm wet tears run down towards his stomach.

Dan: "Sweetheart, you have to let the past go. You can't change it. Try to not think about it."

Irene:(quietly blubbering against his chest) "Please Dan! Please give me a baby. A baby of our own. Please, Dan."

Dan holds her tight for a few minutes, then says, "I can't, my darling. Think about it. Would it be fair to bring a child into our world who would not have a proper father, a proper home. Our child would be subject to the prejudice of ignorant people, and there are many, and to the jibes of other children. His or her life would be hell. Don't you see? It just wouldn't be fair!"

Irene:(looking up at him with tearstained eyes) "Your right. I know your right, ...but I would so love to bear you a child. I'd love it for both of us when you couldn't be there. No one would know who the father was unless you told them. Oh Dan, why can't we?"

Dan: "Think of it through the eyes of the child. What would it think of us? Would it love us or despise us for bringing it into this cruel world? Its hard enough to grow up in a family and challenge the world. Imagine how much harder it would be for a bastard. That's what it would be! Try to put the idea out of your mind, my love."

Irene: (quietly) "I will."

Soon they drop off to sleep.

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7: 0905

Dan and Irene have just got up from morning intercourse and are showering. Danny is peacefully playing in his crib so Dan ducks in with her but quickly comes out again. He steps out of the bathroom to check on Danny with a towel around his neck as the shower stops behind him and he hears a voice. "Ah ha, I caught you again. You shouldn't leave your door unlocked when you go to bed, Dan. I'll come in and sneak in bed with you, you know. Then you'll be sorry!" Betty laughs from just inside the door."

Dan: "Betty, I didn't hear you knock. I was in the shower. Give me a chance to grab my robe and I'll be right with you.

Betty:(teasing) "I thought Marie said you always have a hard on. Your slipping this morning, Dan!" She wrinkles her nose and leers at his body with a chuckle.

Dan walks purposely towards her and says, "Keep an eye on it and you'll find out." He grins as she backs towards the door.

"Dan!" she says. "You get your robe!" She turns and goes to leave saying "I'll see you later."

Dan: "Don't you want to see me now?" He's grinning as she leaves.

Irene comes out of the bathroom and she's white. "Didn't you lock the door last night? Betty almost caught us! What if she'd come in while we were still in bed?"

Dan: "Guess I forgot. Something about being caught up in the moment, I think."

Irene: "Oh, Dan! I'm going to double check that door tonight."

Dan doesn't tell her that Betty has a key. They get dressed and change Danny. He's bubbly and happy this morning over breakfast as Irene feeds him from one side and Dan the other. He loves all the attention. Dan takes him upstairs to visit Betty for a while so Irene can get the dishes done up and clean up the place."

Dan: "Well, I suppose you came down to check up on this guy. Here he is. What do you think? Does he pass inspection?"

Betty: "I just dropped down to see if you needed any help. You seem to be handling everything pretty good. I can't imagine how Gord would make out if I was away. And he doesn't even have a son to worry about."

Dan: "How come, Betty? Why haven't you guys got a young one on the way or running around here, even?"

Betty: "We've decided to wait until Gord gets into his second hitch and we know we have some security. When he signs on for another five years, if he does, then we'll consider it again."

Dan grins. "If I had caught you this morning you may not have had a chance to reconsider." He laughs.

Betty: "You couldn't catch me, even if you wanted to." She thinks for a moment. "It might be fun to try, though." she wrinkles up her nose and puckers for him. Dan darts forward and kisses her. She starts back in surprise, then yields to the kiss. She pulls back away from him, her eyes wide, and says, "Dan, I'm not your Avon lady! Don't do that again!"

Dan laughs and she grins. "Your bad, Dan! I must admit you're a pretty fair kisser, though." she sticks out her tongue at him.

Dan: "If I'd done that this morning when I had nothing on, do you think you'd have got away?" There is a twinkle in his eye.

Betty: "Would you have let me go? If I pleaded with you, would you let me go."

Dan: "You know I would. I like you too much to destroy our friendship over such foolishness. Now, on the other hand, if you asked me to not let you go, I'd be more than willing. Want to try me?"

Betty:(laughing nervously) "No! No!"

Dan: "Me thinks the lady protestith too much."

Betty: "Meaning?"

Dan: "You say no, no, but there's yes, yes, in your eyes." He stares into her eyes. She swings away from him and laughs again.

Dan: "I had better leave before I get both of us in trouble. What must our landlord be thinking. Catch you later."

Betty: "Maybe if your quick!" They both laugh as Dan leaves with Danny. They go back downstairs and Dan kisses Irene when he comes in. She's on the couch with one of Marie's women's magazines. Dan puts Danny in his playpen and sits on the couch by Irene. He thinks and wonders about Betty. He peeks over Irene's shoulder and sees she's reading an article about pregnancy. Suddenly the session last night comes into his mind. He goes to the kitchen to get a coffee but while he's there he quickly checks her purse and finds her birth control pills. He calculates and figures she's still taking them. He breathes a sigh and takes a cup to Irene. They enjoy their coffee and look very domestic.

After lunch Dan calls the hospital to see if there have been any changes.

Dan: "You were just going to call me? ... I see. Is the doctor there now? ... I'll call his office at the base. ... Yes, have him call me if he comes in. Thanks." Dan hangs up and looks in the phone book for a number.

Irene: "What's wrong, Dan? Is Marie all right?"

Dan: "Complications. It's beginning to look like my daughter may be jaundiced. The desk tells me it's common with premature babies. She may need a transfusion. Marie hasn't been told yet. I'm trying to get our doctor for more details before I tell her."

Dan dials again and soon is talking to their doctor. He explains that he has been notified and will be at the hospital right after two. He asks Dan to meet him there. When he gets off the phone he explains to Irene and says he will take Danny up to Betty's.

Irene: "I can look after him for you, Dan. Don't you trust me?"

Dan: "That's not the problem. When Marie gets home she'll expect I have left Danny with Betty today and if she thanks her, Betty will spill the beans. Got it."

Irene: "I'm sorry I doubted you. You have always trusted me and I should have known you had a good reason. I'll get him dressed."

Dan drops Danny off with Betty, explains what is wrong and goes to the hospital. He views his daughter with the doctor and notes she has a definite yellow tinge. He feels heart sick for her. The doctor says not to be overly concerned. Tests confirm Yellow Jaundice, but it only requires a transfusion to clear up the problem. It's a routine familiar to all baby doctors and , while traumatic to the parents, usually results in a positive outcome. They go together to explain the situation to Marie.

She's delighted to see Dan in the middle of the afternoon, but when the doctor comes in right behind him she begins to look worried. "It's Iris, isn't it? What's wrong?" Immediately the doctor reassures her that Iris is healthy and not in danger. Then he explains she has developed a small complication. He explains about premature births and how jaundice can sometimes present a problem for the new child. He explains the procedure needed to treat her. As calm as he can, Dan discusses the procedure with the doctor and Marie. They agree to go ahead with the transfusion right away. Dan signs the papers for them.

Time drags by for Dan and Marie as they wait to hear how their little girl is reacting to the procedure. They try to divert their attention by talking about Marie's recovery from surgery, how Danny is behaving, plans for when they take their daughter home, the weather, anything but that which they are most anxious about, the treatment she is now receiving. Around four the doctor comes in to tell them the transfusion has been completed and Iris is doing very well.

Marie grips Dan's arm and he breathes deeply. He puts his arm around her shoulders and holds her close as the doctor explains what to expect and what they will have to watch for when they take her home. He still plans to release them both Friday if there are no further complications. When the doctor leaves Dan has to sit down, so he sits by the bed and Marie tries to relax by closing her eyes. Dan holds her hand and she falls asleep. Dan feels limp, washed out but relieved. He watches Marie and thanks God they are both still well. Just before five he slips away and calls Betty.

Dan: "Hi, It's Dan. ... He's acting up a bit? ... I'll be right home. ... She's O.K. and the baby has had a transfusion. The doctor says she's doing well. He still seems to think they will both be able to come home Friday. ... No, don't bother going down to our place for his baby food, I'll be right there! ... I trust you or you wouldn't have the key. Don't be silly. I'll be right home. ... Try a little juice in a cup. Is his diaper wet? ... I thought you might have already changed him. Well, try a little juice or milk. ... I know you can't nurse him, ha ha ha! He might have fun trying. ... Just the thought of you trying made me chuckle ... Never mind, I'll be right there." Dan hangs up, goes back to check on Marie's sleeping form then leaves the hospital. He drives home and bounds upstairs to Betty's.

Betty lets him in. "That was fast. What did you do, drop the phone and run?"

Dan: "It was the idea of you trying to nurse Danny that brought me here so quickly. I wanted to watch!" He laughs.

Danny's whimpering can be heard in the bedroom. Dan goes in and picks him up. He cradles him in his arms and rocks him as he comes back out into the living room. Danny settles down immediately and Betty says, "How'd you do that?" Dan just laughs. Betty gets his outdoor wear and helps Dan put them on him.

Betty: "Why don't you go and get him some food and join me for supper? You know you're welcome."

Dan: "I don't want to wear our welcome out. I still may have to ask you to keep an eye on him some other time. I'll take him home and we'll grab a bite, then go back up to visit Marie. She'll be glad to see him, ...and me too, I hope." Betty gets the door for him as they both chuckle.

Betty:(to Danny) "Tell daddy I took good care of you and you can come back anytime." She's smiling and plays with Danny's hands. He laughs and waves them around for her.

Irene kisses Dan when he comes in. She says as she takes Danny, "It's so quiet here. I've been laying down and waiting for you to come home. How's the baby?"

Dan explains all that's happened and tells her he only has time for a quick bite and he'll be taking Danny back to the hospital with him for visiting hours.

Dan feeds Danny while Irene is making something for them. She sits next to Dan and they have supper.

Dan carries a bundled up Danny to the door. "Hurry home." says Irene as she kisses him at the door and she kisses Danny, too. Dan rushes back to the hospital.

Marie is awake. She has just finished her supper and they're taking away her tray. She smiles broadly when she sees them and takes Danny up on the bed beside her. He tries to crawl up on her and she winches.

Dan: "Really sore, eh?"

Marie: "It's not too bad now but very tender. We won't be having any sex for a while, this time. The funny thing is", she takes his hand, "I would really like to have sex with you right now. It would probably kill me!" she laughs. Danny laughs too, almost like he understood the joke. That gets them all laughing. "They let me see Iris for a minute just before supper. She's so tiny and helpless."

Dan: "I'd like to see her again. She had such an awful yellow tinge to her skin when I saw her last. That's gone now?"

Marie: "Her skin is pink now and she looks healthy. I didn't see her when she was yellow, thank goodness. I would have freaked out."

Dan: "I was really worried about her. I felt sick but I didn't want to worry you about her condition. I'm glad she's come through so well." Marie squeezes his hand.

They talk and play with Danny. Time flies and so he prepares to leave her. She makes sure Danny's all bundled up from the cold and gives him some last minute instructions about him. He kisses her goodnight. She hangs on to him and they kiss again. Finally he picks up his son and his mother kisses him, too. They go off down the hall with Marie still waving at Danny. Dan gives a parting wave just before they go out of sight.

When he gets home he's moody. Irene seems to crowd him, but she senses his ill humor and leaves him be for a while. She busies herself with Danny. She strips him and checks his rash by his privates. She prepares some warm soapy water in a bowl and washes him carefully. She pats him dry and puts him in his playpen on a baby sheet from his crib. They chatter and play while Dan watches from the couch.