Dark Prince Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His look of mortification turned to one of annoyance. "Yeah, I should, shouldn't I?" His eyes cut to Lucien, hard and cold.

Angel turned, confused, to see Lucien grinning, raising his arms in a helpless gesture. "Don't look at me. I'm not the one who grabs you by your tail and doesn't let you hang with us."

Angel jumped in surprise when Zak popped in behind Seth and almost knocked him over to get to her.

The beast of an angel griped her around her waist and tossed her in the air, a huge grin on his adorable face. "Angie!" she yelped, feeling like she was flying for a moment, then grunted when he caught her and squeezed her tight. Good goddess! Was the man trying to snap her in two? He whirled her around in his arms, giving her no choice but to grab onto his bulging muscles beneath the fall of wavy, golden-blond hair. When he finally stopped, he shocked her by giving her a sound kiss on her lips. "I missed you, blondie. Why the hell did you leave? You're one of us. I should put you over my knee and spank your cute little butt cherry red, naughty girl."

Angel was speechless, her feet dangling in the air because he still had her crushed against his god-like body. Her eyes bulged when he pressed his face against her neck and inhaled deeply. "So," he let her slide down to the floor, but kept her in his hold, "Haddasha tonight, right?" He looked up at Lucien, his smile bracketed by dimples that she found beguiling, "We break in two virgins tonight."

"What?" Angel pushed against the solid wall of his chest. He laughed, but released her.

"Don't worry, Angel. It's not what you think." Lucien slid his arm around her waist. "It's just a term we use when initiating someone to Haddasha for the first time."

"What is this Haddasha?"

"It's just the biggest goth club of the galaxy. Vampires own it, and only the highest dignitaries, royals and elite of the Master Guardians are allowed in."

Angel could see the excitement in his eyes at the prospect of going. He was almost smiling—something she suspected was rare for Seth.

"Hey, Luke, you think they still have our VIP area?" Zak leaned against one of the Vipers, sliding his hands into his snug black pants.

"I don't see why not." Lucien answered. "But I'll contact them ahead of time to make sure. If not, I'll ask for a new area."

"That'll suck." Zak's lip kicked up in one corner showing his displeasure. His sapphire eyes went to Angel. "They had us on the highest pedestal, in the center of the club. Owner said we drew people in because we're hot." He winked at her, again, making her face grow hot.

"Bullshit. I'm the hot one." Remien grinned, appearing with a flash of crimson fire right next to her. His face bore a red handprint on his left cheek.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Seth snarled.

Remien's grin grew wider, but the glint in his green eyes was cold. "Nice to see you too, asshole."

Seth growled, not the way a human growls, but like the animal he had lurking just beneath his skin. Angel's eyes widened when she saw how his pupils dilated and the glint of fangs peeped through his lips.

"Seth," Lucien warned.

Remien snickered, draping his arm around Angel's shoulders as he slipped his other hand into his pocket in a relaxed stance.

Zak gestured to Remien's face. "What'd you do this time to warrant that."

Remien shrugged. "She got mad because I told her I hadn't bedded anyone in siglons. "

"So you think she's just going to let you fuck her?" Seth grated angrily.

"Hey, I'll have you know that being fucked by me is a privilege," he jerked his thumb to himself, tugging Angel closer in the process. "I'm no man-whore, like Zak and Luke. No offense, guys. Gotta tell it like it is."

"None taken," Zak shrugged with a nonchalant grin.

Lucien didn't look so comfortable with the title of man-whore. He gave Angel a wide-eyed stare. "I've reformed. I swear."

"Luke..." Remien began.

Lucien's eyes went cold and hard. "What?" he snarled through clenched teeth.

Remien bit his lower lip in a thoughtful manner, then shrugged. "Nothing, man."

Reaching out, Lucien clasped Angel's hand and drew her from Remien. The hangar, with its enigmatic occupants blurred away, another room appearing around them.

Lucien's masculine scent was more prominent in the air, hot, musky, very sensual. He drew her forward as she took in her surroundings. The grey of the walls was darker here, almost charcoal. The floor was the same glossy black as the rest of Alpha 7's quarters. A lighter color of grey covered a semi-circular sofa, facing a wall of glass that displayed the vast expanse of space. Angel's eyes widened at the sight. The amount of stars seemed endless.

Fire appeared in the middle of a round, metal table before the sofa, giving the surrounding a soft glow.

"Fire-pit," Lucien smiled when she looked up at him in alarm. He led her to the seating area and pulled her down with him when he sat.

Nervous, she continued to glance around. To her right was a frosted glass wall with darkness beyond.

"That's where I sleep." His husky voice sent chills through her. An image of his naked body sprawled belly down in a tangle of black satin sheets came unbidden into her mind. His hair cascaded down his back, with his sinewy arms curled up around his head, hugging a pillow.

Frantically, she pushed the image away, know he had the ability to read and see her every thought.

"I make you nervous." It wasn't a question.

Angel took a deep breath. "Lucien, it's just that..."

His finger over her lips silenced her. Trapped in his heated gaze, she allowed him to trace her mouth with the tip of his finger, even though she knew she shouldn't. She cared for him... yes... but it was Devon she wanted.

"It should have been me," he whispered, confusing her. "They got the wrong one. I'm..." His eyes welled, staring deep into hers. "I wonder what it would have been like. To grow up surrounded by nothing but love."

Angel blinked. "I wouldn't know."

Lucien's fingers slid into her hair, pulling her abruptly to kiss her. She opened her mouth to protest and realized her mistake when he took the opportunity to slide his tongue into her mouth.

Hunger. He kissed her with stark need. She gripped his shoulders, resisting the urge to splay her fingers over the meaty bulges and just caress, instead, she pushed at them.

"I could make you happy. We wouldn't be alone. We have similar backgrounds... something in common."

He had to realize her feelings for Devon.

"I don't care," he pleaded. "He's not going to come back..."

"But, Lucien..." she shook her head, surprised with his desperation. Surely a man as beautiful as him had women pining away for him.

He shook his head. "I don't want... I want you, Angel."

"I love Devon," she frowned, feeling guilty at having to hurt him this way, but as beautiful as he was with his blond good looks, it was a raven-haired angel she dreamt about.

He pulled back, frustration in his face. "I can wait. I'm good at it by now."

"Lucien..."

He didn't wait for her to finish and turned his torso back, holding out his hand. A small silver ball floated into his grasp. Turning once more, he set it at the edge of the metal table before them. A large lighted square appeared, apparently projected from the ball.

"Now let's see about getting you some clothes for tonight."

He insisted she wear white. After a few moments of heated arguing, Rowie appeared beside them.

Between both Master Guardians, Angel ended up wearing a very short skirt, made of a wet-looking material. It barely covered anything at all, exposing her navel and half of the curve of her ass. The top covering, if one could call it that, were two, chain-mail triangles secured over her pert breasts with a leather loop around her neck and another looped around her ribcage. Even though her breasts were small, she did have to admit that the top was designed in a way to push them up and together so that they looked enticing even to her. Thigh high, white boots encased her legs, with heels so high, she was almost nose to nose with Lucien.

Rowie was practically bouncing with excitement.

"Okay, Now the next part is all up to me, Luke."

"What part?" Angel questioned suspiciously.

"Why, the make-up, silly." Rowie grabbed her hand with a smile. "Not too much, of course. You're absolutely gorgeous with nothing." Angel blushed at the compliment. "Just a little gloss and liner. Have you ever curled your hair?"

***

Devon rose from the lake, the cold water sluicing down his body. He heard the howls of lust from the devils, both male and female as he reached for the cloth he used to dry himself.

Just one look. He'd go to Haddasha, see Angel, let his heart die a little more, and then leave. He wouldn't go near her. The others would feel him there, but he'd remain hidden from them too.

Ignoring Samael's taunts, he strode into the cave where he had his belongings. After rifling through a few of his bland uniforms, he sighed. It didn't matter what he wore. It wasn't as if she was going to see him. Still... what if she sensed him and caught sight of him? He knew he was a fool for worrying about something so vain as his appearance...

"It's only natural, master." Samael chided. "All beasts in the creator's physical realm rely on their physical attributes to entice their mates. It's how the best of the best are chosen to propagate their genetics."

Devon cast the black devil a sideways glance. Samael sat perched upon a rock in the cave, his tail tapping against the ground thoughtfully. His head tilted to the side as he stared at Devon with his eerie yellow eyes. A gleam of sharp, white teeth flashed in his face. "You, of course, are above and beyond mere mortals, master. You are the most beautiful among humanoids."

Devon was about to argue that the angel of destruction held that title, but remembered Davariel was his father. His shoulders slumped.

"Don't pout, my young prince. Why don't you don those garments?"

Devon looked to where he gestured and saw more of his black clothing over another trunk. Strange. He didn't remember having taken out more clothes. He went to the trunk and picked up a pair of buttery-soft, leather breeches. With a shrug, he pulled them on and tied the laces. Underneath, there was a long, sleeveless over-coat, made of the same supple material. Devon pulled his boots on over the pants and ran his fingers through his hair. It was longer now. Without the hygiene unit to keep it trimmed, it had grown almost to his waist. The only plus was that it wasn't always in his face anymore... though now he wasn't able to hide behind it when he ducked his head either.

Once dressed, he sat on a stone opposite Samael and brooded.

"Your choice not to take the female is a foolish one. She wants you."

"What can I offer her?"

"To reign by your side, my prince."

"I'm not opening the gates of Hell."

"Don't be such a spoil-sport. I already told you, we only want to go home."

"I'm not killing some virgin to open the gates of hell."

Samael scoffed. "Is that it? You don't have to kill the pathetic fool... though it won't be as much fun," he murmured under his breath, rolling his cat-like eyes. "You just need a little blood smeared on the demon sword. You can get that by just fucking the person over the sword." Samael clapped his hands enthusiastically. "Oh, what fun! Taking the virgin's innocence and anointing the sword with the blood of their defilement." Then the devil frowned, scratching his chin. "Of course, if it's a boy... boys don't bleed the first time they're fucked." Samael shrugged. "You could prick him before you prod him..." Samael's eyes widened and he burst into a fit of laughter. "Prick before you... don't you think that's funny?"

Devon felt sick to his stomach. Casting the laughing devil one last loathing glare, he strode out of the cave.

Walking through the throngs of devils that scattered like roaches as he approached, he used his powers to locate his Viper. Buried under months of forest overgrowth, it was barely discernable under the lush greenery. Devon began the task of uncovering the vines from its glossy black surface. The egg-shaped Viper gleamed under the soft rays of light that filtered in from the canopy of branches blocking out most of the cerulean sky. His hand smoothed over the cool glass as he remembered the good moments he'd spent within the cocoon of its interior.

The top rolled open with a soft hiss and he hopped in. It rolled shut.

Devon leaned back and closed his eyes, situating himself. The coordinates were a little different from how he remembered them. He'd barely been anywhere since being reanimated from the suspended animation orb. After three hundred years, the galaxy, with its swirling stars, had changed a little.

Haddasha was on a planetoid, not far from the spiral arm that contained the Edenian solar system. The outermost arms of the galaxy contained the more advanced species of life forms, the Seraphs being pretty much at the top of the list.

When he descended into the planet's atmosphere toward the gothic castle of Haddasha he found it overflowing with more variations of aliens than he remembered it ever having. At least the vampires that owned it had to be pleased that business was increasing.

Most of it was for a live show broadcasted throughout the galaxy. Beings loved seeing the celebrities that swarmed to Haddasha, staying abreast of the gossip of what went on between the royals, council members, and even Master Guardians. It wasn't unusual to see the latest exiled reaper here after having healed from being publicly deplumed. Forbidden to lose their virginity, they always ended up whoring themselves out for a few siglons to work the lust out of their greedy systems.

Devon knew the moment he stepped out of his Viper everyone in the galaxy would know he'd returned. Did they all blame him for the war? Did they blame the others as well?

He felt the presence of his angels and knew they felt his. Devon's vision blurred. He'd missed them, but at least he knew they were safe, alive.

Devon brought his Viper to the entrance of Haddasha, the crowd gathered hanging over the protective railing to see who would step out. Most of these beings hadn't even been born when he disappeared, nor had their parents. Would they know who he even was. Of course, none of that might matter. One look at his stark white skin, jet-black hair, and glowing eyes would be enough to stir up a frenzy. Not many aliens had bioluminescent eyes, he thought with a begrudging sigh.

"Oh, well... Here goes nothing."

A valet attendant helped him out of the Viper and called a telekinetic over to maneuver the Viper away.

The screams were deafening, possibly worse than the devils. For a moment he debated as to turn around and flee, but the thought of seeing Angel again had him lurching forward.

"Are you okay, Lord Angelos?" The green attendant asked in his hollow, deep voice. Devon nodded, unsure if he should look at the dark orbs in the face of the attendant or the two eyeballs twirling about at the top of his antennae.

"Lord Asmodeus welcomes you back."

The attendant gestured behind Devon.

He turned to see a tall man, pale face, with even paler hair standing a few paces from him. The man smiled, his glowing red eyes narrowing. Draped in a long, black cloak, he allowed one delicate hand to slip out from beneath the billowy folds to Devon.

Devon knew the protocol. He took that cold, frail hand and kissed the blood-red stone on the gold ring the vampire wore.

"Ah, the prodigal son returns," the sweet voice breathed. "I am truly blessed this night."

"It's been a long time, Lord Asmodeus."

The vampire waved his hand dismissively, "barely yesterday for me, my child. I've been alive for ten millennia."

Devon blinked in shock. That was a long time to be alive. How could he stand it?

The vampire chuckled, as if knowing his thoughts. "May I escort you to your brothers?"

"I won't be joining them."

Lord Asmodeus pouted. "What a shame. They've come accompanied by the most beautiful of visions. A sweet goddess with hair like moonbeams... your scent is all over her, even though your brother has tried to mask it with his."

"Scents fade," Devon said, trying to ignore the lurch his heart made.

"Your colors swirl in her aura as hers do in yours. You've already had her."

Devon opened his lips to deny he'd breached Angel's maidenhood, but he knew the vampire was right. He'd been clasped inside her body, spilled within her, never mind that it was her ass. He'd had her regardless.

"I'll arrange for you to be set up in another prominent space."

"If you don't mind, I'd like to keep a low profile."

The vampire smiled. "I can arrange that."

***

The music pounded, bodies heaved and writhed on the dance floor. Pedestals were arranged in a spiral form within the gothic castle. The main chamber was an enormous hall, with a circular stage rotating around the dance floor like a ring. At the farthest end to the entrance was the highest pedestal, flanked by gargoyles. Within the glass enclosure, seated in the various loungers were his angels.

A whimper escaped his lips. He followed the two gargoyles that flanked him, keeping the groping aliens away from him, but his eyes kept straying to the VIP area of the Edenian Master Guardians. He was the archangel. He should be there with them.

They led him to an upper level, overlooking the dance floor below.

He saw Angel, but Lucien was blocking the full view of her. Her hair looked like it was nothing but spiral curls.

Intrigued he stepped down from the protective VIP area. The gargoyles looked at him, but did not move from their post.

When he moved past them, one of them asked, "should we accompany you?"

"No need," Devon assured. "I think I'll try my luck at finding someone... to mate perhaps."

"As you wish, sire."

Devon cloaked himself in a protective bubble as he made his way closer. He still couldn't see Angel clearly. A black wing blocked his view for a moment, making him rear back.

Eriel.

He remembered the raven-haired reaper from before he was captured in the suspended animation orb. Surprisingly, the man only looked slightly older, like he'd gone from being a twenty-year-old to a thirty-year-old.

Eriel didn't even notice him. He was too busy trying to seduce an Merulian alien. They were notorious for being both male and female in gender. The one he was teasing was a stunning example of their beauty, purple hair weaved into a series of twists, six nipples exposed down a sculpted chest, lush lips smiling beguilingly at the horny reaper.

Devon eased past them, jumping with a start when Eriel reached back and groped his crotch without even looking to see whom he fondled. Devon removed the big hand from between his legs and backed away.

He was just two steps away from the edge of the main VIP area, too close he knew, but he just had to see her. One hello wouldn't hurt anyone, right?

He turned at the exact moment Lucien stood, his long black coat sweeping over the glass floor. He turned his head, looking at Devon from the corner of his eye, and then moved away so he could see Angel fully.

Devon's heart stopped... then pounded in his ears and groin. The little bit of clothing she wore was designed to tempt... and he was tempted... beyond reason.

Curls dripped down her lithe body, in a cascade of shimmering white. One of the girls had lined her enormous blue eyes with black liner and glossed her pouty lips with pink. She looked like a doll... and he wanted to play naughty games.

Barely placing one boot on the edge of the pedestal, she ran to him, almost knocking him over as she flew into his arms. Her sweet scent wrapped around him before her arms did, the feel of her small breasts pressed against his chest as he held her tighter. Looking down, he could see the pretty curve of her rump barely covered by the scrap of white around her slim hips. She was a slip of a girl, but she did have a gorgeous backside. His hands itched to grip the generous mounds and pull her against his aching loins.