Dark Whispers Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beth swung around reflexively in the direction of Aly's voice.

Drop her, you idiot! the darkness screamed.

Clarity returned, and just as Beth pulled the trigger, Katie shrieked, "Sink deep for me!"

But over the sound of gunfire, her voice wasn't audible, ears ringing.

Sure enough, Beth swung back towards Katie, the most obvious hint she didn't, in fact, drop.

"Sink deep for me! Sink deep for me! Sink deep for me! Sink deep for me!" Katie yelled over and over, still barely able to hear her own voice, and doubting Beth's hearing was any better.

After what seemed like an eternity, Beth's gun dropped as her posture slouched.

"Sink deep for me! Sink deep for me! Sink deep for me!" Katie desperately continued, adrenaline pumping, her mind having not caught up.

She's in trance now. You can stop! the darkness pointed out.

"Sink deep for me! Sink—" Katie finally stopped, her mind finally catching up.

Her legs almost gave out.

"Kn-Kneel! P-Put down the gun! Stay there! Never try to harm us again!"

Extremely deep in trance, Beth obeyed immediately.

And then it felt like a bucket of ice water was dumped onto Katie's head as she remembered about—

Alyssa!

As Katie ran over, she noticed her soulmate's body collapsed on the floor, arm bleeding.

"Oh my god! Alyssa!" she cried, kneeling on the floor, trying to stop the blood with her hands.

"Mistress. Mistress. I'm okay! It just grazed my arm. It really hurts, but that's all! And my name is Aly now."

"Still, I'm calling an ambulance!" Katie scrambled to find her phone, only to realize it was in her pocket.

She slid her phone out of her pocket and went to dial, but there was blood on her fingers. She looked around for a tissue to wipe her hands, when delicate fingers curled around her wrist.

"Wait, Mistress! It really only grazed me," Aly pleaded. "A bandage will be fine. And we don't want to deal with the cops."

Katie paused, her panic still slow to recede. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. Plus, I'm sure you won't let the bitch get away with this," Aly grinned.

"Damn right I won't!" Katie said, determined.

She went to get her box of emergency aid from the bathroom closet and then returned to where Aly was still standing. After wrapping her wound, she led Aly to the living room couch to rest.

"Aly... you saved my life! If you hadn't distracted her, she probably would've killed me."

"I'm just glad I was of help, Mistress!"

Katie suddenly felt a pang of guilt for what she'd done to Alyssa, her best friend. Her soulmate.

A couple of times since Aly's brainwashing, Katie noticed the spark in her eyes return for a few seconds, before dimming again. When that happened, Katie felt both relief that it might be reversible, and temptation to brainwash her more.

Katie should fix Alyssa and beg for forgiveness.

No! You shouldn't! the darkness objected.

The darkness inside of Katie had revealed parts of her she never would've discovered otherwise. And for that, she was grateful. But this was Alyssa, damnit! The one she used to have sleepovers with when they were eight! They listened to bad music together in high school, and comforted each other when life was rough!

And as Aly, she's never been happier! it argued.

Katie shook her head. She would have to deal with that later. She had something else to take care of first.

"Wait here for me. Okay, pet?" she forced a smile.

"Yes, Mistress!" chirped Aly. Despite being injured, she seemed as cheerful as always.

As Katie walked back to the entranceway where Beth waited, her panicked emotions gradually gave way to fury, her smile turning into a scowl, her rage igniting.

"Beth. Tell me what you were planning to do," Katie commanded.

"I was going to interrogate you and make you reverse what you did."

Bullshit! There's no way that was all!

"And what would you have done afterward? Let us go?!"

"I... couldn't let you do that to me again."

"And how would you have prevented that?"

"I..." Beth's brows furrowed. "I would have had to kill you."

Kill.

The implications finally hit Katie.

She— The darkness was shocked. It wasn't the only one.

She shot Alyssa! She was going to kill Katie! And that would have killed her baby!

Let me help! I'll make the fucking bitch sorry she ever met us! her darkness screamed.

Katie let her fury, her rage, flow through her, encompass her, as any amount of compassion she had left died inside her.

Help me, my darkness. Do whatever it takes.

After all, it always knew what to do. She should've listened to it more. Embraced it more. This would have never happened if she hadn't resisted it so much.

The darkness felt different this time. Usually, it manifested as a dark temptation, largely erotic in nature. But this time...

This time, it was personal.

Katie became fury.

Katie became revenge.

Katie became darkness.

* * * * * * * *

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. I highly welcome feedback and constructive criticism, whether or not you liked the story.

Fun Fact: Beth's sci-fi dream was originally something I wrote for fun when I had writer's block, but Sienna loved it, so I worked it in as a dream.

Hypnosis 101: Swinging pendant (or pocket watch) inductions are fun.

They have three primary elements: eye fixation, focus, and expectation.

Technically, there are more effective methods as far as pure eye-fixation inductions go. But eye fixation is not the only reason to use a swinging object induction.

When Katie hypnotized Beth, she used her swinging pendant as a focus while giving Beth suggestions of relaxation. Foci are used to draw attention away from distracting thoughts.

Perhaps the main benefit of using this type of induction is that it plays on expectation; many people already associate hypnosis with swinging objects, so they expect it to work. And expectation is important in hypnosis.

Basically, these inductions are partially for show, but they work. Plus, they're fun!

Tessa ♥️

12