All Comments on 'Darling Nikki Ch. 02 - Realizations'

by ericbsinger

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
avatarofenlightenmentavatarofenlightenmentabout 3 years ago

Delightful story. Well written. Slightly plausible, which is a good thing,

cageysea9725cageysea9725about 3 years ago

I hope from the ratings on this story you've learned your lesson for putting a story in this category and tagging it with "incest", "daddy", and "daughter" when it actually has none of that.

FYI, "and", "but", "then" are joining words. That means they are used to join two or more phrases it listed items. If you start a sentence with a joining word (you do), it's a sentence fragment 99% of the time, and you didn't find that last 1%.

cageysea9725cageysea9725about 3 years ago

I forgot to mention that is you want to write a series, there's a correct way to do that. There's a post about it in the help section somewhere.

ericbsingerericbsingerabout 3 years agoAuthor
I appreciate the feedback

Avatar, thank you. I'm highly gratified that you found it delightful. Thank you.

Cagey, my English Literature degree and I thank you for your educational comment regarding joining words. I, in fact, possessed that information before your "FYI" comment, but thank you for pointing it out nonetheless. People, when speaking, often start sentences with joining words. Perhaps the first person perspective in which this story is unfolding didn't demonstrate clearly enough that even the exposition is being relayed via the viewpoint of the narrator, who is telling this story. So even the exposition is, essentially, unquoted dialogue. From a certain point of view. Hopefully the next couple of chapters - if you continue reading - will make that a little clearer, as the narrator's voice evolves.

Also, I think you meant "if" instead of "is." "Is" means "3rd person singular present indicative of be." While "If" means "in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that:" among other things. "If" is a conjunction or noun, depending. "Is" is a verb and describes a state of being. I hope that clears it up a bit.

Additionally, the tags are in reference to the series as a whole; if I recall correctly I did mention before the first chapter began that this story would have a slow build. Since I hate tags anyway, though, I may dispense with them in the future. I appreciate your calling the tags to my attention so I can not bother with them in the future, saving myself a tiny bit of time. Although, to be fair the "daddy" and "daughter" tags are relevant, as a daddy and a daughter are both present in the two currently published chapters.

cageysea9725cageysea9725about 3 years ago

You missed writing 3 paragraphs on the autocorrected 'it' instead of 'or' in my first comment. I like reading on my phone, but this situation (the one where people who are butt hurt by constructive criticism compare my comments, written with one finger on a telephone that autocorrects to their published writing) why I don't use my phone for writing I intend to publish.

I don't believe a professor grading a writing assignment would let a student slide on your argument about my secondary point (secondary as opposed to primary, not one that follows the first).

Since your degree is in English Lit and not writing of any kind, I can understand you not knowing that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous