David and Becky - Resolution Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I trudged down the corridor and down the staircase toward the reception to face the embarrassment of admitting to the staff at reception I'd been kicked out by my girlfriend.

I should have asked the price of rooms before I booked one. It turned out to be more expensive than I realised, meaning my credit card took a hit as well as my pride. The price included breakfast, so I made sure I got my money's worth, filling myself up for the long train journey back home. I'd had all night to think about how stupid I'd been not even considering the extensive markings on my bottom from Gina's cane strokes. I'd had much worse from Madam Popescu in Casavana, which probably explained why I was so careless. But Cassie had caned me days before, leaving very little marks at all, as Gina had pointed out, so it was obvious to her the existing marks on my bottom had come from someone very recently.

Next morning, I was almost finished with breakfast and thinking I would never see Cassie again when she suddenly appeared at my table and sat down on the chair opposite. I feared she was going to go on at me in front of the other guests, given the speed at which she arrived.

"David, I'm glad I caught you. I assume you're heading off home after breakfast?" she said quickly, and calmly.

"Yes, there's no point me hanging around," I said, sadly.

"Look, David, I'm glad I caught you before you left," she said. "I haven't decided whether it should be me who apologises to you or vice versa."

"It's me," I jumped in. "I should have been open with you and told you what happened on Friday."

She held a hand up to stop me. "You don't have to explain yourself to me," she said. "And I certainly don't want to hear about what you did. I know you've tried to change for me, and I've tried to deal with the stuff you're so entangled in. But I think we're too far apart."

I was nodding my head; she was speaking the truth. Hearing it from her confirmed what should have been obvious to me weeks ago; perhaps it was obvious weeks ago, I just didn't want to accept it. "I agree with you, Cassie."

She smiled sadly and reached her hand across the table to hold mine, taking care to avoid the mass of cups and side plates that surrounded me. "It's going to take a lot more than my patience and understanding to help you escape the grip that other life has on you. Especially as the desire to escape isn't in you."

"It's too deep seated, Cassie. But please believe me when I say, you mean the world to me. I never thought a day would come while I was with Becky, that I would even look at another woman, but you made me turn my head. If only things had been different."

"But they aren't."

"I know."

"Go back to Becky, but please make sure you go back on your terms. Never let things get out of control again."

I nodded once again in agreement. "Don't worry, I won't allow it."

She stood up. "Goodbye, David."

"Can we keep in touch? Please let me know how you get on with your new job." I felt a desperation cloud me; I didn't want to lose her.

"Goodbye, David." And she was gone.

There was a certain closure to the way we parted. A relief came over me as I now knew for absolute certainty where my future lay. It was definitely with Becky, but like Cassie had warned me, I would return to my wife on my terms. Of course, I knew we would get back into playing our games, it was one of the deciding factors in my realisation that she was the correct choice. But, from the start of us getting back together, I would make sure I didn't slip into accepting every decision she made.

A surge of enthusiasm engulfed me as I set off to the station eager to get back to tell Becky I was now ready to commit to our future, and what better way would it be to surprise her. She was expecting me back on Monday, tomorrow, so hopefully it would be a nice surprise for me to turn up a day early.

The journey home seemed longer than ever, and with a reduced Sunday service, once I was back in London, waiting to catch a train back to the coastal resort where I lived, added even more time. It was early evening by the time the taxi I'd caught from the local station back to the apartments dropped me off. I paid the driver and got out of the cab, but as it swung around to leave the opposite way it came, the engine of a car across the road suddenly started up and the driver sped away rather quickly. I looked up just in time to see a familiar face trying hard not to look my way. It was Josh!

I watched as the car reached the end of the road and turned left, then I looked back at the apartment building. There were lights on all three floors; the lower floors from guests who were staying, and the top floor being occupied by Becky who was looking after things supposedly until Monday when I was due to have returned.

My excitement at returning was severely tempered by who I'd just seen, and all sorts of thoughts flashed through my mind. Had Josh stayed the weekend while I was away, and he was making a speedy exit having seen me? I stared up at the top floor preparing myself for another confrontation with Becky while at the same time cursing myself that all ties with Cassie now seemed to be cut.

I used my key to open the main door of the apartments and strode inside.

Coming next in Chapter 9: I have a long chat with Becky about what the future holds

12