Dawn of Corruption Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

- "No, it was not your fault at all. Please don't think that. I wanted to be there last night, truly." Dawn wanted to add 'with you', but it was hard to do so. It felt like such an intimate thought. And a little awkward to say it aloud.

- "I like making new friends." He said with a big smile on his face. "And meeting new people. That's what college is all about, I think. Learning. About people, as well as everything else."

She liked the way he spoke. Not only his words, and his accent, but also the tone of his voice, the way he enunciated every word and drew every phrase out with care and precision. But she felt conflicted about his use of the word 'friend'. It was a good thing, really - Dawn could certainly use more friends. But she didn't see him as a friend. He was something more than that to her. Wasn't he? Or was she simply being dramatic again?

- "Me too." she said. But what she really meant was 'I like learning about you'.

- "Oh? Jennifer told me you're a bit of an introvert, and that it's hard to get you to go to parties and stuff." he continued.

- "W-Well, that is true. It's more that I like being on my own. Away from crowds. They make me feel.. a bit uneasy." she replied. "It's not that I dislike being around people, exactly. It's just that I like to think things over on my own. But I guess that can also come across as stand-off-ish sometimes."

- "Hmm.." He put his chin in his hand and leaned in a little closer towards her. "You don't seem like someone who would have any trouble making friends." She wasn't sure why, but she felt as if she was being graded somehow. But at the same time, she found it oddly exciting to be the subject of Sebastian's attention. "You are a bit shy, that much is true. But you're easy to talk to."

Dawn felt embarrassed again by his comments, but he was certainly not wrong. "You're easy to talk to as well." she replied. "And I think I'm a little bit extra shy around you.." That last line had sort of slipped out. She did not know where she had found the courage to say that, and instantly turned red in the face again.

Sebastian tilted his head to the side and squinted his eyes. He seemed confused and intrigued all at once. "Really? Why is that?" He asked, while looking at her with those gorgeous blue eyes of his. His lips were curled into a faint smirk. Dawn felt a knot in her stomach from just the sight of it, and from the question itself.

- "I-I don't really know. I mean, you're very handsome, and I guess you seem.. Cultured, or something? I don't know how to explain it." She was blurting out the words now, just speaking from the heart.

Sebastian laughed again. He seemed amused by what Dawn had said, but she couldn't figure out why.

- "Thank you. You are very lovely, yourself." he replied, and made her blush even more than she already had been. She wasn't sure how to respond, so she just stuffed her face full of blueberry muffin.

--- 2 ---

After they were done at the cafe, Sebastian had offered to walk Dawn home. She had accepted without really thinking it over, but when both Robin and Jennifer said their farewells and departed, she suddenly felt really awkward as it was now just the two of them all alone, walking through the autumn afternoon on the cobbled streets of the town. But Sebastian was a gentleman, and said he didn't like the thought of letting a woman walk home alone.

The autumn breeze was pleasant. It carried different smells than it had done during the summer season - Earthy somehow, perhaps because the leaves were falling down, and a new season was about to arrive before long. Soon the streets would be full of dead leaves and the bite of cold mornings. She enjoyed watching the leaves fall, and fly across the street, and pile up in piles on the pavement. She remember how much she had liked to play in the leaves in their garden back home when she was a little kid.

- "So.. What kind of music do you like?" Dawn asked, not sure where the question came from. She felt awkward as soon as there was silence between them, so she just kept bombarding him with question of this nature.

Sebastian smiled at her. "I like most things. Especially older rock and roll. But I listen to all kinds really - I am not very picky when it comes to that sort of thing." He shrugged his shoulders as if it didn't matter either way.

Dawn was surprised to learn that he shared the same passion for older rock as herself, because that was not what she usually got from guys her age. "Me too!" she said excitedly. "I listen to a lot of 'dad rock' stuff - The classics." She smiled at him.

- "What's your favorite song?" Sebastian asked, but Dawn was already asking the same question to him simultaneously. They both laughed heartily, and it was hard not to fall in love with the sound of his voice.

- "I don't really have a favorite" he confessed. "It changes from day today. But.. If I had to pick one right now, I'd have to pick 'Detroit Rock City' by Kiss. That song always gets my mood up. What about you?"

- "That's an excellent song! Uhm.. I think.. 'Hotel California' by the Eagles, maybe!"

Dawn liked knowing that they shared some common interests. Honestly, it was not important to her, but it was nice.

The walk didn't seem to take very long, and soon enough, they found themselves outside of Dawn's dorms. "This is me.." she said, suddenly feeling a bit nervous.

- "It's a nice building." Sebastian commented, as he glanced up at the old brick façade and looked at the huge oak trees that towered over the building. Then, after a second or two of silence, he said "Oh, by the way - Can I get my jacket back?"

Dawn panicked. Of course he would ask about the jacket! She tried to think of an excuse, but drew a total blank. "O-Oh, I totally forgot about that! Sorry, I haven't had the time to wash it yet.."

- "That's not a problem. I'll wash it myself. Don't worry." He was looking straight at her with those beautiful eyes again, and Dawn felt enthralled by them. But she quickly snapped out of it. This was bad. She couldn't hand him the jacket - He might notice her stains and scent on it. The markings of her late night sins. And the thought of him finding out such a thing terrified her.

- "N-No, you really don't have to. I can take care of it!" she protested. "I'd feel bad not washing it after you lent it to me, and I likely got some beer onto it.."

- "It's fine, really. Don't worry about it, Dawn." Sebastian smiled, and then they were both silent for a few moments.

Dawn started to panic - There was no way she could let him walk away with that jacket, as he might find out what she had done last night. What would he think then? That she was a creep, most likely. This was bad, really really bad, she thought.

- "... It's my only jacket suitable for this autumn weather" he said, and suddenly he looked a little bit chilly. "If you don't want me to come up, I can just wait here..?" He asked, but Dawn had already made up her mind, because she suddenly realized that her behavior was sending all the wrong signals. He was probably thinking that she just didn't want him to come up to her room. That she was rejecting him, in a way. This was terrible.

- "That's not it.. I-I mean.. Uhm.." She thought of something clever to say, but thought of nothing.

- "Do I make you nervous?" he asked, suddenly seeming concerned that perhaps he was doing something to make her uncomfortable.

Dawn blushed and shook her head frantically. "N-No, not at all! I mean.. Yes! But no!" she blurted out the first thing that came to her mind. It was a horrible answer. Confusing, to say the least. She needed to figure out a way to recover from this. "Y-You can come up. I'm sorry.." she finally managed to say, then started walking towards the door. He followed close behind her.

Sebastian seemed to be puzzled by Dawn's behavior, which didn't surprise her at all. She couldn't believe how stupid she was being, and that she had once again put herself into a bad position because of her own silly obsession with him, and her inability to think on her feet. Now what!? How could she possibly avoid giving him the jacket now? Maybe she would just have to hope he wouldn't notice anything. But what if he did!? Had she really just ruined her chances with him? She wanted to crawl up into a ball and die on the spot.

- "Are you okay?" Sebastian asked, once they had stepped through the front door of the dormitory building and started their way up to Dawn's room on the fourth floor. "I hope I didn't say something that offended you?"

Dawn didn't know how to respond to that, and simply shook her head. Her legs felt weak, but she was determined to make it upstairs alive.

- "Well.. I think you're a very lovely person." He added, still trying to figure out what was going on. They had arrived on her floor now, and were making their way down the hallway towards her room. She took out her keys.

- "Thank you" she managed to respond.

- "I'm glad I met you" he said, standing so close behind her that she could almost feel the heat of his breath on the back of her neck.

She could not get the door open at first. It seemed like her hands were just too shaky, and her fingers had a mind of their own. She could smell him behind her, and it was really distracting her. But then she managed to find the hole with the key, and unlocked the door. As soon as the door was open wide enough, she went inside and started pacing around the room. There had to be something she could do. A hiding spot that would work, maybe? She reached for his jacket, but he was right behind her, and there was no where to go.

- "Nice place you have here!" he said as he glanced around the room, seeming curious about his surroundings.

- "Thank you" Dawn said absent-mindedly, not sure how she would avoid this. "W-What was that thing that Robin was telling you yesterday?" she asked, trying to come up with something. Maybe if she took it to the sink, she could clean it up a little bit? But then it'd be all wet. That was preferable, though.

- "What thing?" Sebastian asked, raising his eyebrows. He didn't seem to understand what she was getting at.

- "U-Uhm.. I mean, what was Robin saying yesterday? About wanting to be an astronaut?"

- "Yeah, it's one of his many dreams. Why do you ask about that now?" He had a curious look on his face.

- "O-Oh.." Dawn mumbled.

- "What did you want to know about it, exactly?" Sebastian tilted his head, still confused. He was standing so close to her, and she kept her back turned towards him, the jacket clutched in her hands. "And can I have my jacket now, please?"

Dawn did not know how she could explain this without giving herself away, or seeming like some sort of pervert. But maybe she could lie and say she had spilled something on it? But what? It didn't seem like a good way out either. Perhaps it would just draw unnecessary attention to it, and he actually wouldn't notice anything?

"I-It doesn't matter, nevermind.." Dawn stammered.

He caught her by surprise, then, as he embraced her from behind and gave her a tight hug. It took Dawn completely off guard, and she gasped. It was an embrace that felt warm and loving - Almost parental, but more intimate than anything.

- "It's alright" Sebastian said softly, placing his chin on Dawn's shoulder. "I'm not going to bite."

Dawn froze and turned beet red. "What.. I-I mean.." She was having trouble trying to find her words. Was he aware of the effect his touches and words were having on her? Had he always been able to read her so easily? Or was this all just a coincidence? She wasn't sure what to do. The jacket had ended up being in a very uncomfortable position between them, as his arms were not wrapped around her, and it started getting harder to breathe.

- "I don't know what's going on.." He admitted quietly. "But you look like you need a hug. It seems to me like you're a bit distressed about something."

Dawn didn't respond. Instead, she stood still, trying her hardest not to have any type of reaction whatsoever. But it was impossible. His arms around her felt wonderful. She liked him holding her, and his chin on her shoulder. It made her feel small, and safe - Almost made her forget about the panic. There was a knot in her stomach. And suddenly, all her efforts to not show any signs of excitement or arousal were for naught. Her nipples became hard. She tried to stay calm and be an adult, but found that her body betrayed her.

Then, he placed one hand over hers - The one holding the jacket. He started stroking her knuckles, which caused Dawn to release the breath she had been holding in. She felt completely hopeless, and turned around in his arms. She had nowhere to run now.

- "I like you a lot, Dawn" he whispered. "You're a very sweet girl. Thoughtful and kind. That's why I can tell something's bothering you. I just want you to know that if it's me that's making you feel like that, then please, speak up. I am not trying to make you uncomfortable, not at all." He looked straight at her, his gaze so intense, and Dawn suddenly felt really vulnerable under his watchful stare. Tears were starting to form in her eyes.

- "What is it?" He asked. "Are you unhappy? Sad about something? Do you want me to leave?"

Dawn didn't respond for a few moments. Instead, she took his hand in her own. "Can I tell you something?" She asked him, suddenly feeling a little bit more confident. Feeling like it was the only real choice she had.

- "Yes. Of course." He answered. His voice was quiet now. A soft whisper that somehow felt comforting. She still held the jacket clutched to her body, and the stains upon it was clearly visible, but he didn't seem notice it - Or if he did, he didn't react. He was looking at her intently, with a warm gaze, like he wanted to figure out a way to comfort her. She liked being this close to him. He smelled so good. And then, she started to speak.

- "I.. Like you a lot too."

It felt weird to be saying it, but it also felt so natural at the same time. She did like Sebastian a lot - Not as a friend, and not exclusively because of his physical appearance or anything shallow like that. She liked him because he was good at listening to her, and seemed to care deeply about other people. She had really enjoyed their little coffee date, and his conversations last night as well. And now, with her heart beating rapidly in her chest, and his body so close to hers, she felt more certain than ever.

- "But.. I don't know how to put it into words.." she added. Her mouth was dry, and it felt difficult to get the next words out. She wanted to be honest, and not let this opportunity pass.

- "But I guess the thing is.. I sort of lied about something earlier.."

Sebastian looked at her curiously, and took a step back. She could see that she had confused him. His gaze seemed both intense and sad at the same time, but she didn't know how to interpret what was going through his mind. But then he squeezed her hand with his own, as if to reassure her that he would still listen to what she had to say, no matter what it was.

- "About what?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. His eyebrows were raised, and he had this little frown between them now, as if he was trying to read her.

- "About the jacket. I.. Uhm.. Last night, after we left the park.. I, uhh.." Dawn swallowed hard. Her heart was pounding inside her chest now, and she couldn't keep her mouth shut for very long. But it was better this way. "I accidentally s-stained it. And it's all my fault and I am really sorry about it, and.." She wasn't sure what to do.

Sebastian blinked a few times in confusion. "I'm sure it's fine, Dawn. Nothing that won't be fixed in a washer, right?" He seemed utterly baffled. "Can I see?"

Dawn did not reply. Instead, she turned her head away from him, blushing furiously now. This was bad, so bad, but she didn't have it in her to lie again. She held out the jacket, hoping that maybe he wouldn't be able to identify what the stains actually were. Maybe he would simply assume it was beer or something, and not know that it was her very own juices.

Sebastian's eyes widened as soon as he saw the jacket, and then he stared at Dawn. "It's.. Oh..." He lifted it closer to his nose and took a sniff at it, as if to make sure that his assumptions were correct.

Dawn felt completely mortified. Her cheeks had turned into a shade of bright red, and she suddenly couldn't stand having Sebastian stare at her this way. "I-It's not what you think!" she protested at first. But it was. It was exactly what he was thinking. And she knew that he knew that. And now she felt bad for lying again. "I mean.. Y-Yes, it is what you think. I'm soooo sorry.." A tear fell down her cheek. She was so embarrassed.

He looked at her with an expression that she had difficulty interpreting, and she felt horrible, and looked down at the floor. "Dawn.." he said, and paused. She waited for him to continue, but he didn't, so she said:

- "Y-Yes?"

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "You've been.. Quite a naughty girl, haven't you?"

She could tell from the tone of his voice that he was in a completely different kind of mood now. He seemed.. Not quite angry, and not quite disappointed, but definitely some kind of displeased. It sent a shiver through her entire body.

- "Answer me." He demanded. His voice was soft, but sharp. And there was something in his eyes that scared Dawn a little bit.

She swallowed hard again and said: "I-I'm not sure. I'm sorry.."

He reached out and put his fingers under her chin, lifting her head so she had to look at him. He moved his face so close to hers, that she could feel his breath on her skin again. "It's time for you to start being honest with me. Tell me what happened, Dawn. Tell me EXACTLY what happened."

Dawn felt really intimidated by his stern expression, and she hesitated. But he just waited for her response patiently, not seeming the slightest bit bothered or annoyed by her delayed reply. She didn't know how to handle this - His sudden shift from kind and caring to something else had completely thrown her for a loop. But this side of him, it excited her somehow. Perhaps he would punish her? Or do something to her?

- "I.. I touched myself.. While thinking about you.." she finally admitted, looking away from his eyes again.

- "Dawn.. Look at me." He said. And then, as soon as she did so, he gave her a stern glare that made her shudder in anticipation. "That wasn't what I was expecting to hear. You are a very naughty girl. Naughtier than I could ever imagine." His tone of voice was serious and strict, and part of Dawn found it incredibly arousing. However, she was so embarrassed that she simply wanted to sink through the earth itself and disappear.

He still looked disappointed somehow, and she felt like crying. She didn't want to make him feel bad, or for him to think poorly of her. She could handle being reprimanded - After all, she knew she had behaved badly - But she did not want him to dislike her. She liked him far too much for that.

- "C-Can I please make it up to you?" She asked, her lower lip trembling.

Sebastian seemed surprised by her reaction. "I'm not sure" he answered honestly. Then he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair again. "Why don't you tell me? How would you make it up to me, hmm?" He asked.

"I.. I don't know" She was stumbling over the words now. "Please don't be mad, Sebastian.. I'm so sorry that I ruined your jacket.. I really am!" she said, feeling tears well up in her eyes again.

Sebastian shook his head. "You are sorry, aren't you? I can see that. But that doesn't undo what you have done. It doesn't change the fact that you're a naughty girl that misbehaves and does perverted things to other people's property. My property. Am I right?"