Daydreaming on Deck

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jenny was in denim and flannel talking to the moving men. "Done?"

"We are," We hugged, and Linda walked out. They were going to get a house together, live in Nevada near Jenny's job. They were both pretty excited.

The dog was sniffing the bushes, investigating the house and back deck. Merch would miss this place more than anyone. We had bottled water while hanging around the fence. Watching others work, watching the house go from full to empty.

"I was wondering," Linda walked closer to us, just on the other side of the small white fence. "When you tell the story about how you two first met, and you will, I hope you say I was the one that brought you two together."

"We will." Logan chuckled.

"Maybe that was my plan," She giggled, "My plan all along. Maybe I knew it would end like this, saying goodbye as best friends."

I was thinking probably friends, definitlely not best friends. But this was nice, it felt like an ending but also a new beginning. In my head I was talking to my reflection too, she always liked a good story, something with a happy ending.

"I will start this little love story on the deck in my black dress with gold polka dots." Everyone shook their heads and smiled. "We talk, the dog rambles up to sniff me, and somewhere on the fifteenth hole, in a golf cart, Linda is thinking, wow that was pretty easy. Haha."

"Well, it wasn't that easy," Linda said.

"Ha..."

We waved goodbye, I sat in the back with the dog again, I had my book on my lap. Our new home was less than two hours away. I was going to perfect our story instead, the day Logan and I fell in love. Linda thinks that was the day we met, but it was actually the day we fell in love, I was in black with gold polka dots.

"Ahh...," I breathed out as we passed the familiar houses, streets. I waved to all the people I didn't get to meet. I took a picture of the front of the Dry Cleaners where we shared our first kiss.

The story would be complete by the time we pulled into Ramona. I would have every detail exactly the way it was, the way I wanted to remember it. Maybe I will call it 'Daydreaming on Deck.' or maybe just 'To Ramona,' we'll see, it depends on where the story ends.

It might even end right here. The End.

***