All Comments on 'Deal with the Devil'

by morganj16

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If this was written as a short story it has real potential. As it is, it fails to deliver as it's awkward to read.

morganj16morganj16about 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the feedback.

For me, I think this is one of the most interesting scripts that I've written, and I'd get a kick watching this. But sorry that the format turns you off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I like the aspect of this short type of vignette. The great thing about something written like this is that it can end here or you could create an entire long form multi-chapter story showing both the backstory of Mercedes and the life she has now and how she handles this and the future. You are very good with inner monologue which is one of the things I really enjoy when someone is setting up the story since you don’t require much longer form conversation since it pretty much allows the reader to decipher exactly what is happening and why. I look forward to reading more of your future creations to see what directions you take.

Stay safe and be well.

J.D.

morganj16morganj16about 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the feedback.

I've enjoyed the challenge of writing this type of story --trying to write something that would fit into a 15-20 minute video and is very plot-focused and something I'd like to watch.

I'm also getting lots of comments encouraging me to write some traditional short stories again. Maybe. But not yet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermorganj16@morganj16
I've been writing stories on two other platform that eliminated their stories' sections. And now I'm here. I get it that some readers here would like it if I wrote short-stories instead of video scripts. I don't write a lot of short stories any more but maybe I'll start again ...