Depression, the Predator

Story Info
Talks about depression as a predator and how to overcome it.
1k words
3.4
2.4k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Talking about infantilism in millennial, but still grappling with old age problems. We cannot live like the Old Age, but now, respect is being aborted by circumstances, or rather miscarried by our insincere decision making. This catalyzed by the evolution of media that eases access to the gutter.

A conscious mind is under attack from foreign ideologies which when embraced blindly, erase conscious moral values, replacing them with fake standards that cause social disharmony, leading to crooked relationships. These are the primary causes of regrets, leading to frustrations and depression. These are some of the factors that affect mental health negatively. The ever rising cases of mental illnesses are visible to the human eye.

Currently, it's almost impossible to walk for a few meters without meeting a mentally disturbed soul. Almost every family unit is affected either directly or indirectly.

But sadly, these brothers and sisters are being judged and their troubles blanket blamed on drug abuse. Then comes the dreadful stigma. Like a heavy stone, holding one to the sea bed. Very few receive psychiatric attention. Some end up being locked in solitary cells, including those rooms in the home, where one is locked, as the family fears shame. Others in chains, treated like dogs, by fellowship could be causes for their tribulations.

Where is love for humanity? Is it a crime to be ill? Illness should not be a gate pass to ill treatment. Every single being needs genuine love and affection.

Lack of affection and attention renders one most vulnerable to this beast that mostly generates fear from within, that propels procrastination and misplaced priorities.

Many do not speak out, due to fear of judgment. They act respectful and humble while deep down, they hurt. Most are termed introverts.

Many of us have been raised in fear, which our parents mistake for respect. We have had authoritarian parents, those that believe imp the wisdom of the rod. Most never mind the mental health of their offspring. We turned out to do or not to do things out of fear of the cane. While deep down, there was a storm brewing, rendering our emotions to wreckages.

Many folks find it enough to provide financial support, either bypassing or ignoring parental guidance, depriving their offspring mental and spiritual needs. This could be blamed on the ever rising inflation that leaves folks toiling and moiling, to make ends meet, hence minimal time for family interaction.

We are left to learn from the world, which has got both moral and immoral tutors. Immoral tutors outnumber the moral ones. Morality seems so tough to live by. While immorality is so appealing, coming with goodies painted in gold. A vulnerable soul falls for the bait easily.

Immorality is a predator. It glows when there is plenty of vulnerable prey. With ferocious attacks, it hits the strong and weak, the meek and mighty.

The solid ones survive this onslaught. The fluid becomes casualties of the predators' onslaught.

There are many casualties, most falling to the bait of rush decision making. Some come up with measures to rise from the ashes, while some are recruited by the predator to recruit some more.

Some prey strive to protect their offspring to release them from the jaws of the ferocious predator, few successfully, most In vain.

The predator comes with hefty perks to lure prey into its trap and strives hard to muzzle threats. It gives inspiration, but without information. Inspiration with great expectations to its prey leading to superstition.

Some prey is brain washed, never to adore and appreciate inspiration the offers a real guide, hence falling for impractible promises. This comes with severe arrogance and ignorance as they sink deep into idolatry, putting flesh onto the predator's skeleton. This class of prey acts so flashy on the outside, with a greatly flaky inside, preaching prosperity, ignoring morality.

Some hurt with hate, splintering to form toxic groups. Others form coalitions, to protect themselves from this onslaught. This is a war of protectors and killers, loyalists and haters, real and fake, love and hate.

The predator has great privilege over prey. Privilege of sight, financial muscle, connections, which they use to place the weak prey under oppression, subjecting them to wicked sacrifices for their own selfish gain.

The enslaved prey sacrificed their all to satisfy their insatiable master. A predator that does not blink even when feasting on a live prey. So sadistic, smiling while watching the prey anguishing in deep pain.

The preys' offspring suffer the most. They are subjected to harsh physical and mental conditions, some forced to abort their dreams. Few hold on, while some die.

There's nothing as dangerous as depression, a hungry lion. We do not like talking about this predator. We keep running away instead of fortifying our walls. This leaves us wailing miserably from intense pain, and all our efforts seem destined to vain. With stress hitting like rain, we are wet with hopelessness.

But what do we do? We judge our friends, overlooking our own tribulations, which our pillows can relate.

Will we keep standing in this rain? We have got to do something for our betterment.

What should we do?

We are judging ourselves, regretting our pasts, distasting our messes and appreciating pleasures, hoping to release our pressures. But we end up sinking deep in the gutter.

We hurt because we mistake admiration for adoration, and we do not devote ourselves to our covenants. This is due to lack of sincerity that leads us to embrace hypocrisy, ignoring our intuition and conviction.

We the youth need guidance and love. Teach us right, treat us right and we will be alright. Guide us to self conviction, guide us through spiritual conversations, because, out here, snakes behind faces, are always eager to ensnare us. Blind drivers with highly attractive vehicles are always eager to drive us astray. Do not just judge us but try to know the reason why we live in the gutter.

As youth, we should try to be self conscious. And, trusting our intuition, we can rise from the ashes again. Rebel against the doctrines of immorality without refrain. Embracing a truthful life, start a personal revolution against mental slavery. Open up with some love in the heart.

Even through the heat, we can be butterflies. Start it up!