All Comments on 'Depression, the Predator'

by SoulRebelFrankie

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So what is your poison?

It was tempting. I used to vent those kind of fumes when I was high.

It wasn't worth getting wasted, but it is tempting to relax that flow of thoughts and stream them into writing before they are lost and forgotten.

rubricarubricaover 4 years ago
a little unclear in terms of theme vs content

I guess I just do not fully understand where you were going. I'm not trying to be mean, but this did come across as preachy, talking about being lead astray but you don't mention 'by what'. True depression isn't talked about seriously outside a few artist's who've been there, but I speak from personal experience. Therapy never seemed to work...it just seemed about the money. I had things I really needed to talk to someone about, but it's like I was invisible. Legal drugs are often dangerous to your body and it doesn't solve or even abate distress, except maybe anxiety drugs. I find talking with trusted friend, or just relying on doing the recovery and research yourself is really helpful in understand what/why you may have something.

The main reason I quit therapy was my info was mishandled and was used against me. I've never really gotten over it, while I won't say it happens all the time, It's still a possibility that if you volunteer things, that stuff can and most likely will be used against you. Some ppl do need meds, therapy or maybe hospital if severe enough, but I don't think this should apply to most, or be the first treatment options. You need to find ppl who care about you, and just accept you as u are. It's tough, & sometime a lonely road...but you'll find frienship somewhere. That being said, I'm sure you had good intentions but you main them is not being understood well...you list reasons but no whys. You list symptoms but no causes. Why is this topic important to you, is one thing I'd ask if you were writing an essay on this topic.

Which I know you aren't but thinking in terms of themes helps an audience know where you are coming from and how they can relate; can they? If not then why, if yes then show us how, give examples. Details are great in writing. But, just keep working it, take differ peoples' advice to rework this into something a little clearer, if you don't mind me saying. Hey, depression sucks. I know this well, but life goes on. When we let it keep us down it's simply winning. And some days you'll have maybe a bad day or a partial bad day, but say to youself. Tomorrow will be better, even if today was a letdown. Or better still ask yourself what you can do or ask others to help you do to get your life or mood back on track. Believe me...I lost almost everything I cared about in the span of a year. I won't go into details here in public, but yeah, so many times I wanted to quit and say this is too hard.

But deep down I said fuck that...I may not have alot in my life now. But I'm still here and I matter to someone. Someone depends on me, even if I don't realize it. Ppl are connected in so many ways, but often we lose ourselves in technology or fantasy. I don't drink or do drugs but many turn there b/c drugs are easier than facing reality. I believe in you though, granted we don't know each other, but just hang in there and you'll see a few options open to you. I know it nevet seems like things get better, for awhile maybe it won't, but eventually it'll break. Remember, all things are temporary, which some might see as good or bad, but that means emotional pain is temp. too and that sometimes makes me feel better knowing it won't last forever.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous