Destined Hearts Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All the words that made him feel special for a few seconds, something that he had been dying to hear from Antonio, he heard it and lost it all in one night. All he kept remembering about was the painful way everyone had treated him, like he was trash, a whore, a characterless person. Everything kept on torturing him inside, killing his soul and harming him more and more.

'This marriage is very important to you. It was arranged before you were born. Even the almighty knows and had blessed it.' His mother's assuring voice echoed in his mind.

'Even a witch doesn't attack her own home but you...' Emilia's painful words hit him again. '...you're worse than a witch. You were my husband's last wish, his last memory for me but you have betrayed me and my trust. Your mother must be turning in her grave right now. I don't ever want to see your face again.'

He closed his eyes as tears flooded his face. When he opened them, he slowly raised his hand, stared at the finger that had once held his wedding ring. It was no longer there. It had been removed and painfully too. He had once worn a sacred chain around his neck but it had been broken into pieces.

Then images of the pictures that destroyed everything began forming in his mind, the kisses, the sex, the fake cheating, and the affair. It was too much for him to handle. He had never even thought of cheating on Antonio although he had many reasons to.

'I promise to take my responsibilities as your husband and play my role in your life. I love you.'

He took a deep breath, crying. "That's a lie." He dropped his hand. "Every promise was a lie." His voice was really low and it was breaking. It didn't sound like him at all. "I loved you. But, you only deceived me. That was all it was. Deceit."

He didn't even know what he felt anymore.

'This marriage is a punishment for you and you'll be suffering for the rest of your life.'

'You don't belong here and if I don't get you thrown out then my name is not Andrea.'

"They were all right." He wept. "I don't belong here, not even anywhere in this world. I have lost everything, my parents, my support, my respect, my pride, my self-esteem, my husband and my family. I have nothing to live for. Now almighty, I come back to you because you're the only one I have."

He looked to the heavens, putting his hand on his chest as more tears flooded his face all the way to his neck. His shirt was wet on the chest area like water had been poured on it. He had been crying for hours since leaving Santiago's house and now it was almost evening.

"I am sorry mom and dad," He said in between sobs. "I could never do anything productive for you both. I do not deserve to be called your son. Antonio," He sniveled, feeling a huge lump suddenly develop. "See what your love has done to me. Perhaps, this is the consequence of marrying and loving someone blindly."

He brought his eyes to the river, took a short painful breath and started moving forward, walking further into the water. He kept going as all the painful memories, all the painful words kept on torturing him inside. He kept on going deeper, feeling the water going up his body. He didn't care because he had set his mind and nothing was gonna stop him.

Praveen kept on going further and further until the water reached above his head. But he didn't stop. He kept on going until he reached a deeper part where he couldn't walk anymore but just floated in the deeper. Then he tried to breathe but water got in instead. He started struggling to breathe, feeling all the pain that came with death.

Praveen's vision started blurring quickly as the pain of lack of oxygen started setting in. Everything instantly started getting dark at a faster rate as the most painful thing he had ever experienced took him by storm. He was being filled with water each breath he tried to take. It was like someone was chocking him right in the water. He was losing strength each second and then all of a sudden, he started feeling sleepy and couldn't feel any more pain.

Before a minute could even finish, Praveen was gone. People had gathered around shouting that someone had drowned in the holy river but it was too late and no one dared enter the river without the priest's guidance so nothing could be done.

Praveen's lifeless body was floating deep in the water. He was dead, gone forever.

Goodbye, Praveen!

The end...

***

Thanks guys for reading to the end of the most painful chapter of all my stories. Don't forget to drop your comments and rates. I know that you guys didn't expect what has happened, for everything to go haywire and in the end, for Praveen to die. And I am sorry for this because I know most of you are hurt, after all, the protagonist died. But that was the plot.

The theme songs for this chapter are, "Breathin," by Arianna Grande, "Jealous," by Labrinth, "It might be you," by Eric Santos, "Forevermore," Theme song for the hit phillipino drama, 'forevermore,' "You've got a way and when you kiss me," by Shania Twain, "Soledad," by Westlife and "See you again," by Whiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth (Goodbye Praveen!)

I know you hate me for this. God! I hate myself right now. But everything has to come to an end.

Feel the passion....

The end.