Devil in a Dark Storm

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eventually, his grandmother, a mortal, had died and his black heart was broken. He couldn't live in Hades anymore and he'd chosen to get out. Kieran did have free will but the League of Devils refused to believe that he would keep their darkest secrets. They were full of malevolence and trust was not a virtue which any of them posed. That is why they pursued him tonight.

His fellow devils were afraid that Kirean would betray their darkest secrets. They were worried about his belief that devils should go easy on mortals. Mortals were fallible after all. They could go to either Heaven or Hell, depending on the life choices that they had made. So the devils were also jealous of mortals. His fellow demons were intimidated and repulsed of Kirean's radical ideas. He was a rebel and outlaw. That was why his former compatriots pursued him.

As he lay sprawled across the bed he knew he'd have to tell Aldea the truth. He had brought this fate down upon her, so he had to take responsibility and protect the innocent woman. Kieran hoped that Aldea would have the inner strength to know and accept what he was. But, he also knew she had the intelligence to be afraid of him.

Kieran hoped he could convince her to be brave enough to trust him. His fellow former demons knew he had taken refuge here. They would ruthlessly punish her for that. It was up to him to get her out. Despite being a former demon, Kieran had moral fiber and would take care of this innocent lady. No matter, what the personal cost.

Kieran hated what he had to do, but better get it over with quickly than drag it out. She would cry and beg. She would try to stay. Explaining everything would take too much time. Kieran knew he couldn't bare to see Aldea tortured by his fellow demons. She already endured enough physical pain from her leg. Kieran snapped his fingers and the couple were in Kieran's red Mustang. He quickly pulled out of the hotel and peeled down the road again.

"What the fuck?" questioned Aldea as she found herself in Kieran's car. She was exhausted...was this some dream? Her and the handsome guest who had seduced her but left her unsated...some sexy dream...right? Aldea tried to toss herself from the speeding car in order to wake herself up but found the door wouldn't open.

"We've got to go. They think I'm spending the night at your hotel, we might be able to fool them" stated Kieran as he continued speeding. The unrelenting fall rain pelted the car's windows. She could tell from the way Kieran was looking at her that this was not a dream.

"Let me go?" she questioned in terror. What the fuck was happening? What the fuck was happening? This was no sexy dream, this was some sort of nightmare. She was being kidnapped by some possible pyscho rapist. Aldea knew she would be one of those unidentified bodies you saw on Dateline.

The demonic side of Kieran relished in her fear. "No! I won't let you go." he said. Kieran's tone was harsher than he meant and Aldea whimpered. "They'll do worse things to you than I ever would." Aldea kept whimpering in fear. Kieran sped on--with the pedal hitting the floor.

Kieran drove all night. He was glad that headlights hadn't followed him. At last the Mustang was out of gas and he had heard Aldea's stomach rumbling. "Stay here. We've got to get gas and food." he ordered Aldea.

Once the door was open, Aldea bolted. She wasn't having any of this! No one was going to abuse and rape her. Her emaciated leg didn't allow her to get far. But, she managed to find a stray tire iron and braced herself against a gas pump. She swung the tire iron at Keiran. "Don't touch me. Stay away...I'll scream." Aldea threatened Kieran to no avail.

Kieran sighed in frustration to himself. He didn't have time to explain. He could understand Aldea's terror but wished she'd get over it. Now wasn't the time for ethics or to quibble-quabble. Kieran made a motion with his hands. The air began to ripple. Aldea watched in amazement as the sturdy tire iron folded itself into a pretzel.

"Drop the tire iron and get in the car. Stay there. We...well you...need supplies. We don't have time for this mortal bullshit." he ordered. Again, his voice came out harsher than he wanted.

Kieran wanted to comfort and love his Aldea but now was not the time to speak poetically. He had things to do to save them both. Soon she would understand...wouldn't she? Kieran hoped. He loved Aldea. He was doing this for her own good. Couldn't she just understand?

Aldea found herself dropping the tire iron and getting into the car. Petrified, she watched Kirean go into the gas station and fetch things. In terror, Aldea tried to draw herself up in a protective little ball when Kieran entered the car. She'd heard of all the heinous things men did to women who lived by themselves.

"All done, time to go, Aldea." Kieran stated as if everything was perfectly normal.

"Two creams and two sugars, I have powdered sugar doughnuts too...they're all yours." Kieran checked over his shoulders, surely his enemies would be there. But, thank the gods they weren't.

He quickly pulled out of the gas station. They had to get somewhere, even if they didn't know where. The couple drove a long time and Kieran noticed that his mortal companion wasn't eating, despite the rumbling in her stomach.

"I haven't poisoned that food, you may as well eat it...you're starving. I could kill you a lot faster than poison would." Kieran looked at Aldea. She hesitantly took a tiny bite, coating her upper lip with powdered sugar. Just that sight alone was very alluring to Kieran. He wanted to place his mouth on hers and lick the powdered sugar away..but he couldn't do that now. Hell was on their heels and he had to protect Aldea. It was what he'd sworn to do.

As Kieran sped on,Aldea was terrified to be trapped in a car with her kidnapper and thought she was crazy but after what she had witnessed, or thought she had witnessed, she supposed what Kieran was saying was true...about the poison. She was starving so she may as well eat, she liked powdered sugar doughnuts.

"I suppose you want to know what's going on. Mortals always do." stated Kieran. Frustration filled his voice. He looked at the small woman. He knew she was terrified. He knew she was in shock. But, Kieran was surprised when she shrugged and said "okay" in a small and demure voice.

"I'm a demon who's been cast out of Hell for having independent thoughts and wanting us to stop tormenting humans." When Kirean said it outloud he realized how simple yet complex it was.

In twenty words, he had described his entire predicament, but even if he had all the time in the universe he couldn't explain the complexities and nuances of it. Kierean wondered if he even fully understood.

Aldea let out another small sigh and an "okay" again. She took a tiny sip of her now luke-warm coffee. Kieran tossed a glance at her. Was she alright? He had never wanted to read someone's mind so much.

But, he had already violated her too much. Aldea deserved to be treated like a human not chattel. Aldea deserved to be treated like the amazing woman she was. She deserved to be loved.

"You alright?" he questioned, glancing in the mirror again for his purossors. Where the fuck should they go? Did it even matter...he knew their pursuers would catch up with them sooner or later ---- right now he had to protect the innocent woman he had dragged into this predicament. None of this was her fault. Aldea was innocent and caught in a complex web even Kieran didn't fully understand.

"Yeah I suppose....I'm ok."said Aldea softly. But, she was making every attempt not to look at him. Bitter tears, that matched the unrelenting rain, fell from her eyes.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Kieran asked again. She should not be this chillaxed. She should be freaking out. Aldea should be screaming, beating and berating him. That was what he deserved. What was wrong with this mortal? How could she be so despondent yet simultaneously so brave?

"You're a demon...a demonic devil and I'm your prisoner trapped here with you because you're trying to save me...for some reason or the other. I don't know why you're bothering. If I was you, I wouldn't bother with me." Aldea said sadly a few more tears fell down her cheek. She tried to act like she wasn't crying and continued looking away from him at the rainy country-side.

"You're not my prisoner." Kirean stated matter-of-factly, as he gave Aldea a small smile. He wanted Aldea to know this. Kierean cared for her. He didn't want her to be in this state of malaise. He loved her and wanted her to be happy.

"If I'm not your prisoner I can just leave the fucking car and get back to my hotel and my life...somehow?" Aldea fiercely spat back with venom. His smile had been unconving and did more harm than good.

"No...you're not my prisoner---you just have to stay with me for now till I know you're alright and I can guarantee your safety. I'm only doing this to protect you." he stated firmly. As soon as Kirean said it he knew once again his voice had been too harsh. Kirean admitted to himself that he did not know how to speak to mortals.

"Semantics, as long as you're keeping me in this car..I'm your prisoner!" Aldea spat as she looked out the window. This man..demon whatever... was crazy, but even she had to admit that some weird supernatural fucked up shit had gone down. Kieran....he had bent that tire iron in half with his mind?

She didn't know and couldn't begin to understand. It was just to fucked up. A tire iron bent into a pretzel! Aldea knew she hadn't imagined that. She had seen it happen and the proof was currently in the back seat.

Aldea didn't want to think about it. She just wanted her simple life back. Her ancient debt-ridden motel...was that much to ask?

Still, Aldea knew she was trapped in the car for the time being, she may as well go along with it. It was funny to think that just a few days ago, she'd been drawn to this man...well demon...something fucked-up and beyond her understanding.

Aldea drank another sip of her coffee and loathed Kireran from the passenger side. Hate was the only emotion she allowed herself to feel, whatever ardor Aldea had previously had for him was long gone. She rubbed her leg again. It was troubling her.

Kieran noticed this and let out a small sigh at their plight. "Where do you want to go?" he asked Aldea. If his demonic tribe was going to catch him anyways then it didn't matter. He might as well let her decide. She deserved a brief moment of happiness...even if it was in vain.

"Minnesota." Aldea said bitterly. She continued looking out the window and not at him. She had cared for him...supped with him...welcomed him to her hotel and in return Kieran had betrayed her!

"Why Minnesota?" Kieran questioned curiously as he passed her another powdered sugar doughnut trying to make friends. He wanted her to eat more and be comfortable with him.

"Dunno...?" Aldea said. "It just came into my head...seems to have alot of lakes, wilderness...would that be helpful to you...well us now I suppose? You've roped me along into this fucked up thing. I still HATE you, you know that right?" she snapped.

Part of her hated talking to Kieran--- but he hadn't killed her yet. Aldea supposed that must mean something. She knew she was an easy target with her emaciated leg.

"Alright, then...we'll go to Minnesota. Strangely enough, I've never been, in all my long years, it feels weird to be going to someplace new at the end." Kieran said. He took a right turn and headed towards Minnesota.

Aldea sat still trembling like a baby fawn next to him. She was so petrified he knew he had to do something for her. Right, Kieran knew that Aldea had no love or tenderness in her heart for him. She thought he was a vile man and loathed him. He wanted to change that. He wanted Aldea to feel safe around him. He wanted her to adore him in the same manner he adored her. Kieran turned right at Redwood Falls., soon they arrived at the waterfall and he stopped the car.

"Come on Aldea, I have something to show you. The car needs to take a break anyway otherwise the engine will overheat and then we'll really be fucked." Kieran stated as he got out of the ancient car. He was still worried about their pursurosers but the part about the engine overheating was true. Aldea needed a moment of peace and happiness.

Aldea followed Kieran, abit reluctantly, through the evergreen woods, about half a mile up a well-worn path. She was greeted with the thunderous sound of a waterfall, which fell hundreds of feet off a cliff into a deep turquoise pool. Despite herself, Aldea let out a gasp at its natural beauty.

"This waterfall is made of two rivers. A pearly white one, that flows down from Canada's Rocky Mountains and a coal-black one that bubbles up from the deep inner-earth. The two rivers criss-cross and enterwine each other for hundreds of miles, battling fiercely...forever at war each trying to be independent. But, here at Redwood Falls, they mingle and become one." said Kieran as he watched Aldea look out in wonder at the turquoise falls. She just stared at the natural beauty of the waterfalls. He heard her stomach rumble again.

"Coffee and doughnuts aren't much of a breakfast..unless you're a cop. A lady like you deserves so much more. What can I get you to eat?" questioned Kieran. Aldea, was paler than usual. He knew she needed some decent food in her.

"Uhmm...pancakes? But, it's not like we have time to stop at a dinner...we have to get going right?" questioned Aldea. She didn't want to believe Keiran about their alleged demon tormentors but she was starting to.

"We probably should get going but we have time enough for this." said Keiran. Kerian had noticed that Aldea had started referring to them as "us" instead of "you". Kieran supposed that was a good thing. Still, she had to eat.

He made another motion with his hands and in front of the couple appeared a breakfast feast. There were pancakes, eggs, bacon and decent steaming coffee. All on silver platters.

"Sit, I'll dish you up." said Keiran as an oak table and chair appeared in front of Aldea.

"Okay?" questioned Aldea. Still wondering what the fuck was happening. How could all of this just appear in a national park. Getting crappy doughnuts and lukewarm coffee from a gas station was one thing but this breakfast was suited for customers at the Ritz.

She started scarfing down her breakfast. She was starving had no pretenses of being lady-like. The food was too delicious to eat properly. Soon the breakfast was consumed. Empty china plates were strewn across the table.

"It's all gone...and I'm full. I guess we should probably get going, Kieran." said Aldea as she gave him a weak smile. She didn't hate him so much now but she didn't trust him. Something to fucked up and beyond her understanding was going on. Still Kieran hadn't killed her, she'd give him some more trust...for now.

The couple got back in the car and two of them drove all day. Despite their untroubled and joyful breakfast, Kieran knew Aldea was still terrified and tried everything he knew how to do to calm her down but all his efforts were in vain. She still ignored him and often looked out the window. The weather had become stormy again. The sun was setting when they found an abandoned fishing cabin in a lonely grove of woods of southern Minnesota.

"Let's spend the night here." stated Kieran still trying to be friendly. He wanted to give Aldea the world. She should be staying at the Ritz. She should be seeing the Seven Wonders of the World. Not spending the night in a dirty and cold cabin in Northern Minnesota. Still, the remoteness of this cabin might keep his enemies at bay for a bit longer. Or so he hoped...

Aldea just shrugged and got out of the car, figuring she had no choice anyway. It was what it was. Despite, Kieran's earlier kindness, she was his prisoner. His captive.

There wasn't a town in sight, so this was probably the spot where he was going to kill her. No one would ever find her. This was going to be her doom. She may as well try to meet it with courage.

Still, she sighed and got out of the car, only her destiny lay before her, for better or worse. Aldea hadn't moved all day and her leg was bothering her. Wanting to make his beloved happy, Kieran went to help her out of the car. She gave him a scowl and a dirty look.

"I'm NOT a baby...I can do things by myself. You feeling sorry for me might be the worst of all the things that have happened today." Aldea spat. Her voice was laced with bitter venom.

"You're still mad at me?" Kieran questioned in disbelief.

"What do you think?" angrily shot Aldea back. How could this man..demon..whatever the fuck he perported to be was not understand?

"Uhmm.." started Kieran. He thought they had become friends at breakfast and in the car ride today. They'd talked over lots of things, listened to music and enjoyed the countryside.

Weren't they friends? What did he have to do to make this woman understand the emotions he felt for her? He hadn't known many mortal women but were they all this confusing?

"I HATE YOU!" she yelled as she limped towards the dilapidated cabin.

Kieran wanted to help her but ultimately let her be. He didn't want another fight. Kieran wanted Aldea to be happy, not discontented. Things could and would get alot worse.

He made his way around the cabin to search for their tormentors but found nothing. Kieran thanked the heavens for that. He went back into the cabin. There sat Aldea in a rotting yellow armchair glaring daggers at him.

"I got some hot dogs and Pepsi at our last stop, you must be hungry...diner?" he questioned, trying in vain to make peace.

Aldea said nothing, just glared and somehow her silence was worse than if she'd spoken.

"Uh..I'll start a fire then." he snapped his fingers and an unearthly green glow appeared in the unused grate. Still unused to magic, Aldea gave a little yelp and curled herself up into a tighter ball. What had she done to deserve this? What the fuck was going on?

Still she watched curiously as Kieran started cooking the hot dogs. When they were done, he put them in buns and brought one over to her. Aldea was hungry so she devoured it in three bites. Kieran passed her a Pepsi and another hot dog.

Kieran was still eating and drinking his dinner when he heard sniffling coming from the corner. Would he ever understand mortals? He had taken care of Aldea! Taken her away from his fellow demons, fed her and now found her shelter. What was her problem? Wouldn't she even thank him?

"It's getting kind of cold." was what she said to him as she continued sniffling. Aldea hugged herself for warmth.

"Right....thanks for telling me. Not mortal, don't think like that." Kieran said as he snapped his fingers. Aldea let out a small gasp. In front of her appeared fleece blankets, pillows and a pair of silk pajamas.

"Let me know if there's anything else you need...again not mortal." said Kieran shrugging.

"Uhmm....this is really nice....nicer than anything I've had before. Thank you? For the sleeping stuff and for dinner?" questioned Aldea. She still didn't know what the fuck was going on, she was still scared but at least Kieran was looking out for her. He also hadn't killed her.

That must count for something? She was also starting to believe him. Aldea snuggled deep into the rotting armchair and immediately fell asleep.

That night they arrived with a deafening furry. Kieran didn't know how they'd managed to tracked him down, but here his demonic clan was. The ear-piercing screams snapped Aldea awake and she whimpered in her chair terrified.

Kieran's love's face was ivory white, Aldea's body was stiff as a board from fear. Kieran's nemesis circled around the small cabin screeching unearthly noises and Aldea sank further into herself. What the fuck was happening and what had she done to deserve this? Those questions, that had been pondering all day, still ran through her mind.