All Comments on 'Divide and Conquer'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 449 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
that lying sack of shit duna

had too much coffee? how many fucking posts will that imbecile make? doubt anyone reads his prevarications anyway, jeebus. good story fucked up by author lying to readers, whimpering from apologists can't change fact, FM gets the Leon Lett award on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Not good

It would have been better if they had reconciled. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

greyfalcongreyfalconalmost 12 years ago
Disappointed

Old plot (Again !!). Stupid characters. Unbelievable reactions. And to top it all i read this after 'The Honey Trap' which was an absolute marvel.

To go to all the trouble for that slut of a wife to "feel" what she has lost makes no sense. Let me tell you why. The video showing the tryst between Mark and Ann depicts the love between the two of them. It ran deep, you mentioned. Yet, any conversation between them gives us the following picture: Mark is in it only because he gets to bang a hot body. He thinks only for his cock. You give him lines which actually is meant for a person who is not in love but someone who just wants another pussy.

The wife behaves erratically all the time with him. She is always either irritated or annoyed or frustrated. Again, nothing even close to love.

Thus, as an author you failed to make me believe in your characters and plot.

You went from deep running love to break up and what came in the middle? A couple of failed rendezvous and a couple of massages and some lovely behavior by the husband of many years. For a lady who has started cheating on her spouse and who has so gotten so good at it that she is able to feel no emotion behind her cheating, massages and flowers should have no meaning. You made her character so shallow that she falls out of love with her husband and cheats and falls in love with her neighbor and then because of a couple of stupid situations and good times with her husband she falls in love with her husband again.

She deserved much worse than what she got from the husband. Oh wait! She actually GAINED a lot. She gained her freedom to fuck around as much as she wants. You think that a person like that will actually feel remorse and would think of the things she lost - a good marriage, a stable life, a loving husband ?? NO. Such a person would find a new guy in a couple of months or weeks maybe.

This story also lacks in emotions. Sure enough i liked the ending where the husband divorces the wife but the way he did it? Nope. You wanted to create a twist at the end making us believe throughout that he will accept his wife, even after the affair, and then telling us that he tossed the bitch out, but all you got was a failed ending because there were no dialogues at the end. No closure. Just a change of tone in his voice from loving to calm to cold. The papers being served and that's it. C'mon throw in some lines somewhere where we might actually get the notion that 'oh wait ! Maybe he might chuck his wife out. Maybe he does want to end it' and not 'He was a plumber one day and the next day he is flying into space to live on Mars' That's not a twist !

Sorry. but only 2 stars for this one !

Utterly disappointed !

greyfalcongreyfalconalmost 12 years ago
Genghis Khan nailed it !!

I just read the comments and I agree with Genghis Khan absolutely. He actually pinpointed out the major flaw I felt in this story. The negative comments (including mine) are not because of the confusion in the words DIVIDE and CONQUER but rather the uncharacteristic 180 degree turn the protagonist took at the end.

I won't say anything else because GK expressed my exact feelings in much better words than i could.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Not surprising.... not with conquer in the title!

I was only disappointed by the denouement... the moment he slugs her, ha ha ha!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Bravo FMac

You create emotional devastation for me, I respond in kind. Seems perfect to me.

DP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank You

Great story I was worried for a minute that this guy was going to stay with her. When he pulled the rug from under her at the last minute and blew up her world it was good to see that he manned up and dealt with everybody involved just to bad the sister and bobbi were collaterl damage. Great story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
genghis khan made a good point

The way this author "fooled" the reader was cheap and is known in the industry as the "The Rug Jerk." Basically, if you are going to shoot someone in Act 3, you must show the gun in Act 1. Learn, live it, love it.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 12 years ago
Nice work

First, I have no problem with the mystery aspects of the story. LW criteria is that a wife is involved in erotic activity. It might be cheating but may not be. Beyond that, it is up to the author to build the story he wants. He only needs to do it credibly. It's legit for a reader not to like mystery but that's a personal prejudice, not a story failing. Many of the best stories have a unique component to them. What would the "When We Were Married" series be if you didn't like legal component?

The change of direction was a shock but, looking back, I can understand that it was his plan all along. However, the POV creates a problem and the cheat that HIV talks about. The POV is the first person, Mack tells the story and we are privy to his thoughts. It is dishonest to filter his thoughts from the reader so the "surprise" feels like a set up. If the story had been told by a narrator, the fact that the character had a hidden agenda would have felt less contrived.

I was reading and thinking the story did not seem like an FM story. The idea of conquering his wife's affection again seemed silly. Why bother? Further, as the affair is exposed, the wife is shown to be having more than a quick bang and instead building a deeper relationship, If you can be abandoned, why try to win back your betrayer? Plus, his method of dividing depended on that fact that his wife is an impatient bitch. Again, why would you want THAT back again?

The turn around justifies all that. He is doing it for revenge and everything falls into place. Being who she is, I'm not sure his wife will be upset for long because she is a self centered bitch. But he zinged her.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 12 years ago
Unbelievable.

How he could have feasted on that nasty snatch, after old Markie had been filling it up regularly for the previous several weeks, just simply escapes me. I don't think that ttb would have written such utter crap! I first thought you deserved at least a three for you efforts, but I just can't give it more than 2 Stars. I also think you were dishonest with your readers and led us on. You are capable of far better work!

FD45FD45almost 12 years ago
Oldwayne

So you are saying you only sleep with virgins or that you married a virgin and are still with her. Otherwise, some of your dining at the Y has been where some man has gone before.

Yeah, a girl's number (i.e. number of prior partners) means something, but setting her max number at 0 seems a little unrealistic and either hypocritical or self defeating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Another top notch story.

Could only have been made better if Mark had accidentally fallen down a deep well somewhere.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago

I seriously can't believe some of the comments people spout. To turn it back at them: IMO, those who wanted reconciliation have never been in a longterm relationship, or are the cuckold in a longterm relationship. Cheating when in a longterm relationship would hurt MORE, not less, BECAUSE the couple has been so long together, so the betrayal hits harder.

When the other person (I will not say partner, because that implies being together) does not love you, respect you, lies to you, and does not want to be with you, why would you want such a person (back)?

Also, a response to FD45's response to Oldwayne.

I think Oldwayne was more talking about getting sloppy seconds, rather than "previous partners", because in this case, it's "current partner". This is not a boyfriend from years past, this is her CURRENT lover, WHILE she's married.

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Brilliant Writing!

Always a fan and this story is no exception. Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

When the main character described himself and what he considered attributes, I knew in an instant why his wife had an affair. Some people are not meant to be together, and these two were not. "I'm good at not showing emotion." Who wouldn't like to be rid of a person such as this. She's better off, although the other guy is s prick. Cool, calculating and conniving, I wasted my time reading this and I suppose I'm wasting my time commenting.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Mutuality is not equal moral......

1. I think such similar style posters who offended me here had been those who had injured the outstanding revenge story Author=beermaker to chase away him from Literotica 6 years ago. I have not low level serotonine concentaration in my brain, so I do not get off the Lit's comment shipboard...............I will get good mood quickly ( at once) after injuring offends if I reread Vulcez's OUTSTANDING story "How Are You" or the OUTSTANDING beggar scen from Stanstar06''s story "Forever Gone, Forever You".

2. Mutuality is the main rule. The mutuality is not etic or moral it is only contract in a marriage or connection. The marriage is only a contract between 2 parts and according to the wedding wovs it is mutual assisting association for each other. The cheating kicks up the mutuality, but the alcohol, drug abusing behavioral, violance or extrem gambling abusing do same. If the cheater starts his/her extramarital affair, the mutuality will mean the betrayed spouse gets same law to lie or pretend ANYTHING.

This story is excellent example WHAT MEANS THE MUTUALITY. Yes according to the MORAL the husband should have divorced his wife simple, but the mutuality is not moral...........................................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Incredibly stupid story.

I'm surprised Mack didn't buy a mustang.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
pooch screw

Story tripped over the attempt to get cute and trick the reader. Write it from the 3rd person POV if you want to hide the ball without lying to the reader. First time this author shit the bed though, calling this a one-off.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
SPECIAL MESSAGE TO DUNA

you have made at least 6 posts here in this story...all of which are non sequiters and give everyone else the impression you are a Mental retard...

SO.... here it is

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
You Da Man

It's a good story, with depth and tension. Most of all it is repleat with deception, which is what the majority of folks are complaining about here. She deceived him, He deceived her and the author deceived us.

Well thought and excellent writing. Thank you for a fine effort. 5***** from me.

Regards,

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good story author and "Duna" are you really as mentally challenged as you spew?

Great story and plot from this author! However, Harry stated it correctly, "Duna" shut the fuck up! Your non-relevant dribble is useless as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A middling story, poorly told.

This story reads like a bitter cuckold's fantasy; if only he knew then what he knows now. The erotic element (if you can call it that) DID NOT turn me on - at all; the characters were rather "light" on character; the entire story was wooly. It felt dark and foreboding (and not even in a good way) without depth to ground it nor anything to connect reader with the characters. The husband comes across as a nasty schemer, I can see why she cheated in the first place!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago

If I am injured I write twice more comments. If you want me to slow me DO NOT OFFEND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good taste, self restraint

coherent thought, are just a few of the things that offend you duna. This story does not work for reasons explained in other comments (most likely a brain fart by the author when he decided to pander to the woman-hater crowd). Give it 2 stars.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Interesting comment

@ Dear Anon According your opinion only the willing cuckolds like the women????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Worthy Story

Forget those asinine put down comments. This was a really nice story. It absolutely was worthwhile and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
angiquesophie

So what you are saying is that there ARE always good reasons to cheat if you're a WOMAN. If the man gets in a rut and forgets the romance then instead of trying to relight the fire in the marriage she is justified in cheating?

Just wanted to clarify that. Isn't that the justification in many of these L.W. stories?

So many women confuse fucking with romance. It used to be men that were the pigs. But today the women have become the pigs.

ParPlus10ParPlus10almost 12 years ago
A good story.

Not one of this author's best, but a good read.

I don't think you cheated with the title and the story.

Like some others while I was reading it I expected him to win her back and then dump her. I don't know why. Maybe because I didn't expect you to write a weak male character.

For the most part your characters; both men and women are strong in your stories. In some they may get sad and mopey. But in the end the do the strong thing.

Thanks for ignoring the idiots that attack you personally and continue to write.

Some just don't know how to say anything constructive.

They just make keep making multiple posts to attack the authors and others who make comments about the stories.

Hmm, I wonder who that could be? Some loser without a life I guess.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xalmost 12 years ago
Excellent story.

The husband was cool, calm and collected. Well done writer thanks for a good read of how a wife threw away the best thing she ever had. Keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Your Ending Saved The Story

Thank you for bringing some realism and believability with the ending and not turning this into some pathetic cuckold story where the adulterous pair gets off scot-free with no justified retribution handed to the whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Here's an epilogue for the story

Ann is suddenly startled by a loud knock on the front door. When she opens the door, she is greeted by two bullets from a Glock piercing her forehead and neck. As Ann falls to the floor dying, Mack rushes into the room and sees Bobbi standing in the doorway with the gun held at her side. Bobbi shoots him twice in the chest. Mark comes running up the sidewalk to the front door and observes his two dying neighbors lying on the floor. Bobbi turns to him and hands him the gun. Mark takes the gun and stands in stunned silence as he takes in the bloody scene. Minutes later, two cops run up behind Mark and yell, "Drop your weapon!" Mark drops the gun. The cops roughly shove him against the wall, frisk and handcuff him. They Mirandize him. He remains silent. Bobbi wails, "I don't know what came over him officer, I tried to stop him!"

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
The exact answer to angiquesophie

@ angiquesophie I recommend you to read Slirpuff's story "I'm Not Dead Yet". That story is a good answer to your comment..................

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

or else the Boogie Man will get you and you nose is going to grow. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Hmmm.. I reviewed a lot of comments on this story -

I love HDK's stories and was interested that he found one of his plot devices unpleasant when he was on the receiving end - I did not mind it at all.

Of course I did not read this hoping the guy would forgive her as he seemed intent on doing - I read it waiting to see where the author would go - I did not feel abused or cheated. The title did seem to suggest he was an aggressive sort so I was pleasantly surprised and just barely ahead of him when he slammed her.

Maybe it is a style difference as a reader?? I really just appreciate the shared effort off the writers and ignore the stories I do not enjoy as opposed to trying to rewrite them.

HeadguyHeadguyalmost 12 years ago
I like the Poe quote...

...but not much else about the ending. But I do respect the plausibility of the twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
at least it was readable

so many submissions lately by grade school dropouts - their praise of this tepid story is narrowly based and easily ignored - although the "twist" was handled poorly, the story failed because it generated no emotion = "who cares?" 3*

joker51joker51almost 12 years ago
Didn`t See That Ending Comming

I almost didn`t finish the story. I thought "God another wimpy moron taking the cheater back" I`m gald I finished it because I liked the ending!!

wdonaldwdonaldover 11 years ago
Complex plot.

You develop an interesting plot that first leads the reader to unlikely responses they would have under similar circumstances. Then, you offer the climax with well deserved revenge. Bravo!

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Mutuality

1. The modern marriage founds on mutuality. If you are FAIR to me, I will be Fair to you. If you are not Fair to me, why should I be Fair to you? Is it obligatory/mandatory to be Fair to you If you are not fair to me???????? The good revenge stories answer is no. This story one of the DIRECT example for this, because the husband was not fair to his cheating wife. The 50000 $ question: WHEATHER WHAT WAS THE COUSE OF HIS UNFAIR BEHAVIORAL???????

2. The Author's dramaturgy was exact instrument with the twist at the end to demonstrat the husband's unfair answer well with the OSCAR AWARD actor work to the unfair wife so a reconcilation will be difficult for the wife with her earlier loverboy. In my favorit Hungarian card play in the Robbery Ultimo the open play is not everytime (open play all 3 player after the first round MUST SHOW all cards for the others....and the other 9 rounds MUST PlAY with open cards), moreover it is rarly. Why is problem this closed dramaturgy? Azpiri's excellent revenge story "Shattered" was written almost same dramaturgy and the last scen the twist is better by it.

3. I like the revenge stories, and I am not against the long time organized revenge with long time Oscar Award actor play. This can couse bigger revenge......better enjoy for us Readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I Wish

If something like that happened to me I could handel it that way, A very cool story.....bill

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

I could beg for more, but it is perfect as is.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Upon further reflection

1. Definitely a five star story.

2. I was initially thinking this guy was a wimp and could not for the life of me imagine why he wasn't more upset. I understand the desire to reconcile and win her back, so I was not reacting negatively to that in principle. I just couldn't understand why he wasn't more upset and intent on exacting some measure of revenge. But alas, you were simply not showing us all your cards, keeping his true intentions close to the vest. Well done. I wasn't totally surprised, but it was certainly a turn from the direction I thought you were headed.

3. The revenge was hollow. The husband was gloating over having interfered with his wife's extramarital affair, essentially thwarting their budding romance. You had him taking great satisfaction in this accomplishment. Why? If this is his big play, it's empty. He divorces his wife, the neighbor divorces his. How long before she hooks back up with him? I give it days. Especially now that the wife realizes what her husband was up to, and that all the romance was simply a ruse. Why wasn't he doing these things before? Why did this loving behavior only surface as a means of revenge? He hasn't thwarted or accomplished anything. He has pushed these two closer together, giving them unimpeded access to each other once their spouses are out of the way. I predict she ultimately wouldn't even be hurt by her marriage's dissolution. Now that she realizes what he did, and doesn't really love him, she will not feel any loss, guilt or regret. She will hate him, and love her lover even more. In fact, she may even thank her husband for opening her eyes and affirming that her initial decision to start the affair was a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow!

I love all the comments on this story! I have learned a lot just from the comments. I now know for sure that we all have both some of the same, and yet different reactions to the same story. I have learned from the Author type commenters, what is both good and bad about the story. I have learned that I was cheated of the why of the story because not enough information was provided to ascertain the reasons why she cheated or why he reacted the way he did. Jeez....! I really bought the ploy that he was an innocent, good, loving, husband, that really wanted to win his cheating bitch of a wife back from Mark. Than I loved how he turned it back on her at the end, proving that he was not the wimpy little man that would overlook her unloving, cheating, and lying ways as I first thought. Now I know that I was misled and led astray by a good Author who has the ability to do just that...and used it! Still...as a simple minded reader...I kind loved it! And I sincerely loved most of these beautiful and informative comments!!!! Please...more stories and more comments too! Both are so very entertaining! Even Harry's are... Are they getting better with more people agreeing with him?

OldMarineVet Ron Wood

WillyVVWillyVVover 11 years ago
With apologies to the author

That evening after dinner, I again had my Edgar Allan Poe book in my lap when Ann came in the den.

"Which one are you reading this time?" she asked.

"One of my favorites," I told her, "'The Cask of Amontillado.'"

"I don't know that one," she said. Then she snuggled up beside me.

"Can I interrupt you for a minute? I just wanted you to know what a wonderful husband you are to me," she said earnestly, gazing into my eyes.

"The last few weeks you've been so sweet to me, and I feel really lucky to have you."

My heart broke at those words, and I knew that I had LOST. I returned her gaze but said nothing, waiting to see what else she might say.

She paused, and for just a moment I saw an expression that might have been guilt pass over her face. Her eyes seemed to water a bit.

"I really don't deserve you," she said fervently.

"No," I said calmly, "I don't deserve you."

I reached over to the desk drawer. "I certainly didn't deserve this," I said, plopping into her lap the still photos of her session with Mark at the motel.

At first she looked at me in confusion because of the change in my tone, and had trouble comprehending what I had given her. She focused on the stills, recognized what they depicted AND began to wail.

"Oh my God! No, no!"

I reached back and handed her the divorce petition filed earlier in the day. When she realized what I had given her she gasped.

"I thought you and I . . . I mean, isn't there some way . . ."

I interrupted her, handing her another set of papers.

"Here's the email I sent to Bobbi this evening with a copy of the detective's report. You'll find a similar email I sent to your family explaining why I'm divorcing you."

She began to sob again.

"I don't understand. You were so loving and caring all these weeks. I can't believe you'd do such a cruel thing now. Didn't all that mean anything?"

"My dear," I said evenly, "when I discovered your affair, I felt you behaviour had ended the love I felt for you.

As for the way I treated you, I wanted to see if our love was truly gone by loving you physically and recapturing the feelings that we once had.

At the same time, I wanted to take away from youi the things you had taken from me.

To my sorrow my plan has failed miserably. I find I have no feelings for you.

Ann collapsed on the sofa, sobbing. Before I walked away, I reached over and set the book of Poe short stories I'd been reading on top of the other documents I'd given her.

The text was still open to "The Cask of Amontillado," and I'd used a highlighter to mark the passage containing the Montresor family motto for her to see:

"No one dishonors me with impunity."

Family gatherings were awkward at first, but in time Miriam and I found our way back.

MinigalesMinigalesabout 11 years ago
I Agree with Harryin VA

The problem I see is that the author sprang that surprise on us more than the protagonist did on his wife. Had the author made his intentions clear to us readers, I would not have found a problem with the end.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

now this is a great story and i like the surprise at the end.

searching0240searching0240about 11 years ago
Seems Like A Lot Of Effort

But, I was pleased that he didn't forgive the faithless cunt. Imagine the balls it takes to call your husband to fix your tire so you can get to your rendezvous with your lover.

Robert

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
good story but mixed signals short circuited the plot

The husband was presented as a loving romantist that may have neglected his errant wife with the hopes of making up ground to win her back like the perverbial Knight .He was diligent smart cunning patient and ultimately successful. The ambush at the very end sandbagged me as a reader. I felt they had a new beginning to grow from. I felt that dealing with the treachery of Mark was a point that was unresolved. Bonnie was as much a victim in this tryst as the husband. The wife was brazen and bold in requesting her husbands assistance so she could rendezvous her fuckbuddy. That was the straw to break the back of his wife's apparent selfish ruthless personna. This ending killed the story not by its inclusion at the end, but by its omission throughout the rest of the story. The reader was never promoted of any impending revenge. Although it is not unexpected in this type of treachery by an aggrieved spouse while falling prey to a cheater. All in all it was a good story but not great for the aforementioned.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Lying vs. Omission

Boy, a lot of people don't like a good surprise!

FM did NOT lie about Hubby's PLAN (not 'goal' but that is too subtle to quibble!) He DID omit stating outright what his intention was (depressingly, several quitters QUIT a story whose ending would have delighted them...too bad!). He DID indicate that Hubby was initially vacillating among several options, including reconciliation and revenge. FM simply did NOT inform us exactly what his final plan was! A subtle hint (as at least one other commenter noticed) was the Hubby attraction to the works of EA Poe (Mr. Dark Surpriser).

After the last fly-in-the-ointment worked, Hubby DID tell us that he could NOW proceed to the denouement of his PLAN! He would have needed to say nothing to his readers at that point if reconciliation had been his intent. Hubby would have ALREADY scored a complete victory! In addition to vanquishing the Bull's pussy plan, Hubby had managed to re-spark Sweetie's interest in himself! But...FM told us the story was not yet over.

Superb story! Edgar would have been proud of it! I was privileged to have read it!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Whiners should re-read the story.

The author played fair, you guys jumped to your own conclusions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

please please dont listen to these whiners dude. this was the best way to exact revenge. Loved it....

catphan8catphan8about 11 years ago

Love the Poe references. Well done! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well done

The ending with the husband's reaction seem more real to me than the vast majority of stories of husband's whose wives cheated on them. He realized that she freely gave herself to another man possibly destroying two marriages plus she acted as though she loved the other man. So why should she get off scot free ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Gotta respect an author who knows his Poe. Great work.

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
Thank goodness.

I felt, during the first two pages, that this husband was going to be a wimp. Extremely will written.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Surprised at the negative comments

Guess the wimp and cucklovers hate seeing a well played revenge story.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Poe would be proud!

I loved the subtle vengeance, and the fact that the author gave nothing away of his true plans until the very end. Edgar Allen Poe couldn't have written it better himself! A great and understated BTB&A (Burn The Bitch & Asshole) tale for the ages! My only regret is not being able to give it more than 5 Stars!

So yes, 5 HUGE STARS!

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
2nd Comment

I have to admit that, like a lot of commenters on here, I thought he would wimp out at the end. Then he pulled the pics and the divorce papers, and my fiancé looked at me funny when I clapped and laughed out loud! She's reading the tale now. LOL

Black_Dragon_PrincessBlack_Dragon_Princessalmost 11 years ago
Holy shit!!!!

ID was right!!! This was the best I read on here!!! :3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
re: Harry in VA

"Most folks are idiots" Are you including yourself in that statement. You should, since you didn't seem to understand what this author was writing. You have a habit of jumping to the wrong conclusions and then blaming others for not understanding yours. Calm down before putting brain in gear. lol Good job author. Compared to the crap that's being submitted into loving wives these days, this was good reading.5*

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
So

Harry does not apreciate the next type stories:

1. Satire

2. Fable stories

3. Sci Fi @ Fantasy (He wrote....)

4. Humorous

5. With too big twist (like this story...)

Harry likes alone almost true life stories with 100-90% perfect main characters, who are 5% of the population of the World.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago

@Harry

Grow a sense of humor and irony. This tale was actually pretty realistic in a Machiavelllian sort of way. He did what he did in order to show his wife what she was losing when he blindsided her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Interesting to note is the fact that no mention is made of the couple's own sex life, and she's very much surprised when he makes an effort to romance her. Not excusing the cheating, but a marriage is something that requires maintenance on both sides, and if there's really something "eating at him" so much so that he can't even justify his own part in the marriage like so many husbands in these stories make a point of doing, maybe he needed to be spending less time messing around with elaborate revenge plans, and more time divorcing her and getting on with his life from an already dead marriage.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
Mutuality in moralic or in immoralic way

@Anon THE MORALIC STEP IS THE NEXT:

My husband is not good because of sex, alcoholic, gambling, etc..., I will start the divorce proceedings.

The cheating is not the moralic step.

The revenge generaly (exception the half part of the Romantic Revenge situations) is not moralic answer step.

The revenge stories are an VERY GOOD EXAMPLE to show that the not moralic cheating spouses COULD GET NOT MORALIC HUMAN MANAGEMENT.

Yes you cheats on me, so I will not be moralic TOO.

The best example is the long time first LW story Longhorn__07's story " Fool Me Once"

This story also shows well, if you are not moralic I will not be fair and moralic with you. I will be Oscar Awarded actor to destroy your loverboy connection..........and I leave you with divorce.

It is pure Mutuality is the most revenge..............

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
bored in Albania

Ran out of goats to sodomise duna? As your writing shows, you have no clue about writing. Francis knows he shit the bed on this story and hopefully learns; you on the other hand are hopelessly stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
okay

some comments made are about the fact that he did not tell why the wife was

cheating. sometimes people cheat because they can. they feel no one will find out

there does not have to be a reason for cheating. they inflate their ego by cheating

people are crazy. like it true to life

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wrong turn

You blew it!! You had us all laughing like hyenas, eating out of the palm of your hand, and then you had to go and ruin it by making it a story about revenge on the wife.

Instead, you could have had the photos show up in Bobbi's hands somehow months later while the hero and his wife were at a fake vacation/month-long marriage seminar with no contact with the outside world.

Our hero could then show how much he loved her by winning her back, but then requiring an honest emotional assessment/investment by the wife into repairing the marriage.

Using only the pictures "obtained anonymously", just as Mark had, she would not be able to cover her tracks in the future either, thinking it was just a jealous coworker or busy-body who had sold the two lovers up the river.

Then, with his vigilance up, he could see if his wife was truly over her cheating ways in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Other Anon

He didn't blow it, he was done with her. He wasn't concerned about the future with her. He accomplished his goals of splitting them apart, exposing Bradshaw the dbag, and sweeping his wife off of her feet just to drop her in a big steaming pile. Ta da! Buh bye!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5* one of the classic's

A riviting read and I loved the Poe references.

Was surprised so many readers thought wifey and Mark would hook up afterwards tho! Mark was nothing more than a pussy hound which can been throughout this tale with him being more upset about not getting laid than with not seeing sweetie. As another poster stated, all the two cheaters did was hook up in seemingly sheedy places for sex.

Add to that her dumping him along with both the cheaters having to deal with divorce's all due to her hubby and somehow I just don't see the two having a happy ever after.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
I had to read this one again.

Yep. Still excellent. Awesome Cask of Amontillado references and Poe would still be proud of this one, even though nobody died. The psychological BTB was priceless!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I liked it

I did not see any chance of reconciliation; just didn't know when the "shit was gonna hit the fan". Mack would've been a complete moron to keep her.

DKP

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 10 years ago
That is the way to do it!

You write a great story. Please more....more *****

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 SHE SHOULD REALLY BE THANKFUL

he did not read further into the book and visit the niches in the cellar. TK U MLJ LV NV

RetiredEngrRetiredEngrover 10 years ago
OOPS!!!!! I give it a 4

Thanks, I was about to get pissed. I thought you were going to have him wimp out and take the cheater back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A Cask too hard to swallow

As an homage to Poe, this is delicious.

As anything else, it reveals a psychopath. He's not very appealing in the end. He fights for his wife and wins, only to destroy the work he's created. He'll never be happy, no matter how smug he is now. The evil and hatred he has engaged in will darken his soul, and twist him forever.

Leaving her means she still wins at fucking him up for life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice!

I was concerned he was wanting to keep a whore-bag of a wife around. I was extremely pleased to find out he was just showing the slut what she was going to be missing out on for the rest of her life!

xtchrxtchrover 10 years ago
Great Twist!

Like everyone else, I thought you were setting it up for him to take her back. I was overjoyed with the ending, the way he served her with the papers. She would just have found someone else to cheat with down the road, when things got back to normal. This guy was pretty smart with his divide and conquer plan. I almost stopped reading when it looked like he was trying to get her back, I am glad I kept reading. Good Job with a very nice twist. Very Entertaining.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

The guy must have been an Academy Award worthy actor to pull that stunt off. He learns the wife is cheating and has the audacity to win her back from her lover by being the best husband he can be, only to destroy her afterwards. Cold, efficient, ruthless and all without any kind of violence. Well, lets disregard the arson this once ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellant Ending

Francis, you've outdone yourself !!!!

Talk about your 180 degree turnarounds !!!

I LOVED IT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
actually a very stupid move on Mack's part

Now he has one angry bitch on his hands and an extremely expensive and drawn out divorce. But I guess he get's to feel good about himself.

harrycartonharrycartonabout 10 years ago

Nice twist!

Congrats.

textosteronetextosteroneabout 10 years ago
Just when I thought he was going to reconcile... Boom!

I always love a good BTB story with a twist. Nicely done.

5*

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
One Problem

With the two divorces, won't the two lovers get together now?

alteregoelevenalteregoelevenabout 10 years ago
Enjoyable but...

I was really enjoying this story and he is one of my favorite authors, but the end was disappointing. I like a good BTB/revenge story as much as any, but I also believe there are times reconciling makes sense and this seemed like one of those cases.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Alter

I don't see how you figure that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
as HDK said "the author did betray his readers"

The wannabe cucks squeal based on one thing: reconciliation or divorce. Actual writers with craft and talent understand where the story went wrong and pointed it out.

I actually liked the story but this should have been third person, not first. Being privy to the inner monologue creates a contract with the reader - hacks and stupid cucks don't get that, good writers like HDK get it. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

this should continue where they reconcile and move on in their marriage

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
where

HDK even told where this was going to go, when Mack watched the video and heard the loving comments the two were making to each other.

The affair was more than a little sex on the side.

Too much betrayal and reconciliation may not be possible.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I Don't Understand

Why go to all that trouble to win her over just to throw her out?

Just to show her what she's lost doesn't really cut it for me.

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

RE - I Don't Understand

It was just an extra twist of the knife in his revenge. She was left with the knowledge of how wonderful her life had been/could of been if she hadn't of cheated with a sleazeball and destroyed their marriage.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatalmost 10 years ago
Mmm

I liked it, albeit I feel it's a bit unrealistic. You don't simply cut all feelings of your love with someone you love and marry. The fact that the wife showed no signs of guilt was pretty weird too. One part of me feels sad I thought he would win her back, and that she might confess, allowing them to seek counseling to help their marriage, then another part of me is like yes, he left her! 3*

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THE IMPUNITY DIALOGUE

leaves the door open, I think its to his discretion. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I think it was perfect!

Other than screwing her so well even AFTER he knew some other guys cock was being stuck up there and spewing its nasty load, though I love why the author did it that way. So she would understand what she lost.

Screw up her other relationship with the lover, make her see him for what he is, a cock looking for a place to discharge and that is it, was beautiful. That is what men are who fuck married women. Nasty disgusting piles of excrement that need that hammer of God lowered on their heads. Or, a sharp knife expertly applied to the scrotum and testicles.

WrongPlanetWrongPlanetalmost 10 years ago

Maybe that was the best that could have happened to her. Although it was way to late in my opinion. Now she got rid of two idiots. The one who only wanted to get into her panties to get his rocks off and the one that couldn't or wouldn't show her the affection she craved for. If he had started doing what he did before he found out she went astray, maybe it would have never happened. But hey, that would be another story.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
@ wrongplanet

How dare you call the victim an idiot! His wife decided some illicit sex with her married neighbor was more important than her wedding vows. She destroyed Bobbi's marriage too. I guess you think Bobbi is an idiot as well!

It looks like you must have a guilty conscience and feel better if you can blame your victims.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No one insults my IQ with impunity !

"1*" !!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
it is too bad she didn't quit on her own

as it is she showed no regret, only irritation with a cheap lover who couldn't get it right.

I have no problem with him ending the marriage, just the way he did it. the ending leaves everyone a loser. both marriages, the families, the neighbourhood, and the places of employment. sad.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
SHE SHOULD BE HAPPY

it wasn't being sealed in the basement, TK U MLJ LV NV

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
What she said....

She said: "I can't believe you'd do such a cruel thing now...", but she did a cruel thing first...and cruelty is paid with cruelty...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous