All Comments on 'Divide and Conquer'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 449 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I fucking loved it

At first I thought I was going to hate this story. Why would he want the slut back, I thought to myself. And then this ending... this fucking ending. Fucking well done!

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 9 years ago
ENJOYED it!

Nothing like an original, unexpected twist at the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW

SHE THOUGHT EVERY THING WAS FINE BIUT CHEATERS ALWAYS GET CAUGHT WONDER WHAT HER SISTER AND BOBBI DID FOR HER LOVING SISTER AND VERY GOOD FRIEND.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A great and very well written story.

I think the revenge bit at the end was unnecessary. Why try and win her back to dump her. She was wrong to have gone outside their marriage for sex but you've portrayed as a basically good person who felt slightly neglected. She did disrespect him but he diminished himself at the end. Far better to have said I've known for sometime, emails sent to various people, you lose me. The embarrassment on top of the hurt of a lost marriage will last a long time with you but you brought it on yourself. Don't ever talk to me again and walk out so she does not have closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
An interesting revenge

@Anon The revenge was to destroy the wife loverboy connection and to sit the wife into the ship of hope and the husband shank the ship of the hope with the wife together. Interesting revenge. Sometime the readers should understand in the modern life in the western culture the revenge is not to kill the cheating spouse and the lover because the price is 10-25 years prison. The writers HAVE TO EXPLAIN WELL HOW THE MAIN CHARACTER AVOID THE PRISON IN A CRUEL REVENGE/CONSEQUENCE STORY!

Duna

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
disappointed

Divide and conquer seemed to mean divide them and conquer her, winning her back. He had neglected her, and she had been seduced by their neighbor. The neighbor got what he deserved, but at that point the husband could have been more forgiving. She deserved some counseling with his involvement, particularly if this was the first (and only) time she strayed. Adultery can be overcome with each admitting responsibility. The story twist at the end hurt both of them. The harshness solved nothing except two broken lives.

The DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hmmm

I don't see it as the last commenter did. I don't see "conquer" as in winning her back, I see it exactly as the author wrote it. As in, he wins, she loses. Don't get me wrong, he lost as well....he lost a worthless bitch who, even after as good as he'd been to her, still persisted in trying to hook up with someone else. And she didn't break it off out of new found love for her husband, either. So, well done and kudos to the author, well written, and with an excellent plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To the DJ

I can only hope that something similar happens to you so you can practice your fantastic affinity for forgiveness. You deserve a wife like her so you can keep forgiving her as she keeps shitting all over you. You are pathetic!

carbinemastercarbinemasterabout 9 years ago
best ending ever!

There aren't any true winners or losers in a situation like this one. However, this ending was probably the best that the husband could hope for. I love how he took his revenge! That was stellar! There was no violence or screaming, just pure cold contempt! I could practically feel it dripping from the screen, it was so strong. Yes, like others have said, he has lost his wife, but honestly, I wouldn't have been able to stay with after knowing she cheated either. There's no reason for cheating. If she didn't want to be with him, if she thought he was a bad husband, she should have just cut him loose and be done with it. Even better, she could've gone to him and told him that she was unhappy. That's the way mature adults are supposed to deal with relationship issues. Instead, she decided to seek solutions outside the marriage. That's inexcusable and unforgivable. Thankfully there were no kids involved.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

Over the top, Frank! Loved it! Again good reading, story, and writing. The blindside ending was superlative. Cheers!

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 9 years ago
At last, the best possible and most appropriate ending.

The cheating wife deserved it and so did Mark. I am tired of the endings where there is no revenge on the adulterers even when well deserved. See the one whose wife kept meeting men from the agency even right after the wedding and the husband did not stick her father for any financial damages or her for being a slut wife. Just nothing. Not right.

crock45crock45about 9 years ago
Pity for RAAC's

Too bad, RAAC's but there are STILL some men out there who have self-respect. I know that you RAAC's are crying in your soup because hubby didn't get to eat Mark's creampie, or hear his wife berate him, or listen as the two of them whispered sweet nothings in each other's ears but "c'est la vie!"

So sorry you didn't see another one bite the dust but don't worry, your wives and girlfriends are bringing home some creampies for you and the demeaning words that you SO love to hear!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
loved it

But you are going to have a lot of raac poos who think it sucked because he didn't beg her to come back and apologize to her for causing her to work very hard to cheat.

crock45crock45about 9 years ago
Haven't finished the story yet

but it seems that hubby is weak because he said that "she had been in the affair ONLY for a month! How long does it take for an intelligent person to see that for a spouse to cheat for a month shows that (1... she doesn't love you anymore or (2... she doesn't respect you anymore; both good reasons to kick her to the curb but this cream-pie sucker wants to "win" her back! He deserves all the pain she will give him and more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
crock45

somebody should have finished the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Poe had the better ending to the wife's affair.

Her lover ends up buried alive, but only after the husband has fed him sherry, Amontillado, from a large barrel, which contains the body of the drowned wife. Do you know what the body does with what's contained in the bowels and bladder upon death? Yes, the husband had the lover drink her shit and her piss, then sealed him in a brick tomb. Sweet.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“divide the two lovers and conquer her heart again.” – I’ve never understood this trope. She is your WIFE! If her heart isn’t yours, why should you even WANT to “conquer” it again? This goes along with the whole “Why didn’t you fight for me?” that a lot of the cheaters say to the cheated upon. If you’re in a “committed relationship”, whether dating or married, you shouldn’t have to “fight” for your partner- THEY should be fighting off the interlopers who are trying to come between you!

So you want to become the “perfect husband” – what is SHE doing to be the perfect WIFE? Certainly carrying on an affair doesn’t qualify!

Even IF you wanted to excuse the affair as the result of their marriage going “stale”, his efforts lately should certainly squash THAT, and for her to continue the affair would end it for me! She SHOULD be telling Mark that her husband was being so sweet and attentive that she feel too guilty to continue the affair.

“Mark: Fine. I guess I know where I stand in importance to you.” – As well you should, and that is NOT above her husband, you ass!

Nice twist at the end! IF he wanted to stay in the marriage I had two thoughts: The first was that while maybe not so "over the top" as recently, that he remember to continue the romantic gestures, the other was, why should that all be on HIM? Shouldn't SHE be working at seducing HIM once in a while?

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 9 years ago
Second Bite at the Apple

Don't usually do a second comment, but I would draw everyone who is interested in this story to read the ANON comment immediately AFTER my first comment (in the second cluster of fifty, I believe) ... it is much more succinct than mine. Hell, paraphrasing it now for the lazy, "Whiners need to re-read the story carefully!"

Hubby's thoughts are not ALL shared, nor is that feasible (who cares what he thinks about his new shoes?) What IS required (or fair) is that his first person PoV thoughts are truthful. Hubby's ARE! Without that option, the story unfolds with NO tension (aka 'drama!') In context, Hubby evaluated his options to drive the lovebirds apart. So, he decided to screw up their weekly opportunities (successfully, without repetition, nor traceability.) Most facing this situation with hopes of reconciliation would confront the (infatuated Sweetie) with a direct "pick him or me!" Risky on numerous counts! Few would chip away at her infatuation (honeymoon stage!)

BTB? No revenge? Not finished?

Sweetie's offense is NOT trivial nor (NO ... Hell NO!, Angiesophique!) defensible! But it IS private ... no humiliation, no public displays with Mark (but 'yes' on emotional commitment!)

Hubby's action? Fairly private - restricted to Bull's wife and Sweetie's sister. Not sent to realty company works for ... so she is not exposed to job loss or even workplace embarrassment ... GOOD for Hubby ... no alimony if Sweetie is still working. Telling Bull's wife is 1) appropriate (she needs to know and have evidence to verify AND use if SHE opts for divorce!) 2) It assures that the lovebirds get even MORE estranged than they already are! It was clear (to many of We The Readers) that the video evidence of the cheaters' loving feelings was very influential in Hubby's decision-making.

How much more FINISHED can it get? Do we really want to read the divorce decree? Do we want to know that Sweetie is now persona-non-grata at her closest relative's house ... NO Xmas dinners with Sis?

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 9 years ago
Perspective to AngieS.

I agree it seems Hubby was less than thoughtful, especially given her 'working wife' status. I TOTALLY disagree that gives Sweetie 'carte-blanche' to screw around (please note that Bull was not cooking for her, nor washing dishes nor sweeping the floor EITHER!)

Others have commented that her frustration has numerous better options towards resolution. Mentioning her concerns, negotiating chore assignments, bitching (nagging), separation, divorce - all are preferable ... THEN she can screw up her neighbor's marriage! (Just kidding ... find a well-hung single guy who LOVES to do laundry.)

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
bro love your work

i love to read your golden word bro love your work so much

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
I read this awhile back...

but I never left a comment. often if there's something i disapprove of I'll send a private message, but I have nothing like that archived. I'll leave a remark now.

The title defined the story. He divided his foes and then he destroyed them. there was no way he could've done anything but what he did. She never exhibited any guilt or remorse, only impatience and dissatisfaction about the interference the affair sustained.

This time it was FM who put the bullet into the spouse's head. While the real FM was wrongly assassinated the woman in this story had it coming.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Love it. Still a classic. Five stars. A favorite of mine. We miss you!

frazodfrazodover 8 years ago
Agree with Drbeamer3333

Yes, you are definitely missed. I have enjoyed all you stories and wish you both the best and continued writing for MY enjoyment.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
One of the best of the best...

I say that of the story and the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Beautiful!

Now THAT is how a cheating wife/spouse story should end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
yes...but

I love it...but I wish he had screw her financially too.

I know the no fault state bull shit in US ...well here if a woman cheat n got divorce she will go out of her husband home empty handed.

In most cases cheating wife end up dead along with her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

A stunning smack down for the cheating bitch. Mine was a total surprise when I happened to come home early from my second job and walked in on her fucking one of my 'friends. He knew I had guns and that I was damned good with them and also that I was a martial artist so it was inconceivable that he was so fucking stupid as to get involved with her, to begin with. When I told him to get the fuck out or I'd make a hole in the wall that was exactly his size, he grabbed his clothes and was over the coffee table and out the door in four seconds flat. The whore I was married to didn't even act guilty. She actually had a smirk on her face. NY courts are all in the women's favor and she knew it but when I told her that "I was going to say this just once and that she'd better listen close and remember it because I'd never repeat it again. and then told her that if she ever tried to fuck me around with the courts, I'd play along but, after a time, she'd have a terrible accident or would just disappear and never be heard from again. I told her that I didn't give a fuck who suspected me of anything but they'd never prove shit and she knew me well enough to know that I always do what I say I'll do." She saw the look on my face and she wasn't smirking anymore. She knew that I was deadly serious. That's when I told her to pack her clothes and get the fuck out of my house while she was still able to. While she was packing, I smashed our wedding wine glasses on the hearth and let her see me burning our wedding album in the fireplace. On her way out the door, I said, "Don't you EVER come back in this house if you want to keep breathing." I left her out in the driveway waiting for her brother to show up to pick her up. (I'd taken the keys to the car that was registered in my name and that I was paying for.) When they left, I went straight to the bank and emptied the accounts before the whore thought to do it.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Well written story

I gave it 4 stars. Only reason for not giving 5 stars is something that happens in all of these stories where the husband finds the wife has been cheating on him and he tries to fight for her and finesse her back. I don't understand how he could want her after the disrespect and all but mainly I don't understand how he can put his mouth on that rotten pussy of hers, sometimes even on the same day, just to "show" her what she is missing or to remind her that he loves her beyond all reason. Then after he does or doesn't win her back he doesn't even go to get checked for diseases, which are all too likely with a couple of players. I did like in this one that the main focus of his payback was on the one who actually betrayed him while still getting some back by sending the wife proof of Mark's infidelity. If she doesn't do anything, then scorch the earth right around him for the thief that he is. Wifey opened the gate, but he did come in and steal something that wasn't his.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a great story!

The best.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
This Was Terrific

I was so afraid that that hubby was going to forgive and forget as far as his wife and Mark's affair went. At best I hoped he would see to it that Bobbie had the same information that he did; and Bobbie could make her own decision about her marital situation with Mark. At least Bobbie's friendship with her neighbor would disentergrate. But you did not disappoint. Great 5-star story. One of the best I have read in months.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
Wow . . .

. . . I didn't see that coming. Good one. The story was getting a bit sappy, but you did it again. Thanks very much. Entertaining, easy to read and well written.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
AND SHE WONDERS WHY

he is treating her this way. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Up until the end I though there is another wimp,but BINGO he took it to her.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Second read and

I liked it this time as well. That bit of misdirection was masterfully done. Thanks again for no RAAC or WACC or even a slight cuckold fantasy on hubby's part. He was allowed to be true to himself and to keep his sense of self and self-worth (called an ego) intact.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very nice ending

Good read

phantomvoyeurphantomvoyeuralmost 8 years ago
What a surprise ending!

Never expected such a fitting ending when no mention of divorce was made from the start. You're a good writer that leaves plot we can not predict. Kudos

icebreadicebreadalmost 8 years ago
I knew what I was going to say....

Until the last part. Nice ending, E.A.Poe would have been happy with it and so was I. Nicely done sir.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
You got me!

I kept wondering how he could take her back and make love to her after the affair...never saw it coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hated the ending.

What a good story up to the ending. Every infidelity doesn't have to end in a nasty divorce. Just because I didn't see it coming doesn't make it a good ending. Very disappointed. However you do write very well.

hjethjetover 7 years ago
Thinking Man

Good story, thought he'd wimp out, great ending!

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
People

All u people seem to want all situations to end in divorce. No reality there. Some marriages can be saved with a little understanding and forgiveness The same mentality is one reason we have so many conflicts in the world. I know.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Sweet

Back to the archives to dust off something good. This was definitely good. The past master. Wish I could get up every morning and look forward to something like this. What a great ending.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Huh?

Great story. Great way of dealing with betrayal. To those that think it is okay to cheat on your spouse and that a marriage can be "saved" - you are fools.

1. There is the practical aspect of marriage - a financial partnership. A cheater is a financial threat and therefor an existential threat to the cheated. First off, the use marital resources to betray the other spouse as they form a new bond with the interloper. This bond often leads the cheater to leave the cheated and to take 1/2 or more of the family assets with them.

2. There is the emotional/psychological aspect of marriage - at the least it offers stability to life, at the most it can offer the spouses a solid foundation and support for them to be successful in their bids to survive and thrive. Take that away and the cheated's survival and ability to thrive are adversely effected.

3. Once a spouse has cheated, they have proven their lack of concern (love, care) for the other spouse. They have proven that they cannot be trusted. They have proven that they are not satisfied by the marriage or the cheated spouse. They have proven that they are indeed a threat to the cheated's very existence. The above are the basic facts of cheating. There is no denying them. That being the case, no one but a fool would continue a marriage with a cheater.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Yeah

Cheating whore got just what she deserved. Lost her husband, lost her lover, lost her sister and hopefully loses her mind. Great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dumb

He went through all that so she would come back to, then he dumps here? 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
well

In the story she had a love affair. Not just sex.

Hence her getting upset about it ending.

No she didnt love her husband that much.

So why would she be upset about a divorce?

Would have liked the story to have more damage to the cheating guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
lame

just divorce and be done with her. his fucking little games are lame as hell. *

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Romp

A fun little romp thanks for the fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Couldn't get through it

The husband says he had nothing to lose but everything to gain? Are yu kidding me? if his scheme works he gains a cheating slut who'll be looking for the intimacy of another fuck buddy at the first chance she gets. Please think these stories through before you put shit like this on paper (or on screen). I can't imagine any man wanting to create an opportunity for a whore to stab him in the back again.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 7 years ago
Questions and answers

from the very start it was clear he wasn't having sex with his wife or at least for a couple of weeks and it didn't seem to bother him. Why is that - Because he's a Loser.

He was afraid of her leaving - Loser

Why was she cheating - Because he's a Loser.

His plan was pathetic, but then he is a Loser.

Only good part was the ending when he left her.

C_frommnC_frommnover 7 years ago
Welll

I looked through all of the Comment's. Just to be sure I wouldn't repeat Myself. But for the People who got upset at the Ending. You really thought he was going to take her Back. I admit in the Beginning I thought the same. But when he had the P.I. get Pics & Audio he and We knew it was Over. I liked the way he Dealt with Wife & Lover. as for them getting together again Who cares she is out of his Life and His wife will be getting a Good share of his Earnings for awhile. They good become Room Mates.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Don't comment

If you don't finish a story Anonny 1/3/17, don't comment. You were completely wrong about him. Great ending. Bam! Divorce! Goodbye!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So?

So what's the big deal? She can now go back to fucking Mark again without trying to hide it. Neither of them have to hide it now.

Seems he went to a lot of trouble just to divorce the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Stellar Story Mark-250 Comments

Having that many comments indicates well over one thousand readers.

Good, bad, or indifferent the comments might be this story certainly crosses the well-read threshold!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
perfect closet-cuck bait

bonus for breaking the cardinal rule of writing with the unreliable narrator - truly a masterwork in baiting the wannabe cuckies

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Another Short Gem Of A Tale

As soon as the mention of Poe short stories popped up, I was anticipating an ending much like the one you chose. Well done, as usual!

The cheaters can go bang themselves silly now, with no sneaking around needed, and the injured parties can move on with their lives. I do feel that some of the salacious pix and videos need to be spread about more widely -- at least into their workplaces.... ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Use your brain n destroy

This guy is smart n acted like a man cheaters desirve a ass kicking

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I WOULD MAKE THE TOO OF THE DISAPERE LIKE THEY TOOK OFF TOGETHER.

Ocker51Ocker51almost 7 years ago
A Good Read

I totally enjoyed it, for a little while I thought you where going to wimp out but you came through masterfully ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 7 years ago
Disappointing ending

To me as a humanist, I felt that he played the first part brilliantly, the "Divide and Conquer" strategy is exactly what I would do if I had to.

The ending though, reveresed it all and turned it into a RAAC. No one won, all lost, except for a stupid little bit of his prize.

I would have extend it more, and revealed all, but then been magnanimous.

This would benefit all in both the long and short run.

Humanist: a dude that wants everyone to benefit, not suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hellooooo! To the last commentor:

Did we read the same story? How does handing someone divorce papers in the last scene in the story turn it into a RAAC?! Especially after ending with that Edgar Allan Poe quote?

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
WOW!

Missed this one somehow!

Very good!!!

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Wife and boyfriend would both end up divorced and probably back together. So what he did was a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very nice. !!

Didn't see that one coming. Thank you.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
I have to get that book.

That was a slam-dunk ending! Short, and not at all sweet. Then again, maybe Jackie Gleason had it right, "How sweet it is".

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 6 years ago
"No one dishonors me with impunity

Great story and 5 stars for the content as well as mentioning Edgar Allan Poe, one of my favorites.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
I suspected this twist

And was hoping for it fervently, because I was starting to hate this dude's lack of self esteem. Foot rubs as a reaction to your wife fucking another man?? Great story, 5 stars. Maybe some more obfuscation about why he would want to romance her would have helped a bit, the only two possibilities were him being the biggest pussy in the known universe or the twist you had, it was a bit obvious that he was only lifting her up so he could drop her harder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
bravo!

very good story! Nice little twist at the end. And migod. Well written to boot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why

Why go to all that trouble and money. U have the report just give to the wife and other wife and divorce. Maybe we’ll written but story line sucks. Surely you can do better than that

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
Gansta! Cold Daddy Mac

PsyOps were righteous. Needs a sequel to pay lover boy back too.

Is F McC still around? Love to see a ftds on lover boy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliantly Written

Very well worked out. I do hope Ms. Bobbie runs her husband through the mill. Tell her lawyer to leave no stone unturned and drain every penny from her pathetic husband. Friendships and marriages are of no importance to him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Wow

Don't play poker with THAT guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
VERY GOOD !!!!!

A well plotted and well written story. It definitely needs two sequels.

One sequel should be from his wife with a short part on "Why" and "How" the affair/cheating started. The rest of this sequel should be about what happens starting from when he showed her the pictures and handed her the divorce papers.

A second sequel should be about Mark and Bobbi, from both of their viewpoints, especially what happens "After" Bobbi got the pictures and the private detective report. That would be fun reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful

You should give lessons to the cuckold reconciliation authors here.

This was well crafted and realistic. No over the top revenge. Ut he certainly got his pound of flesh.

Loved it.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Aw shucks!

Since this scored a little lower than most I assume many were anticipating a reconcile.

You'd think she'd smarten up when bad things only happened on assignation days.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WHAT KIND OF WEAKING WOULD EVEN CONSIDER KEEPING A CHEATING SLUT WHO'D MADE HIM A CUCKOLD?

Once the betrayal is exposed, even a fool knows that it's impossible to ever bring himself to trust the deceitful cunt who's already proven that he can't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
SHE CAN'T REALLY BE THIS STUPID.

You wrote:

(( Mark: Where are you? I waited at the motel for over an hour!

Ann: Arrgh! Had a flat tire!

Mark: You could have at least called to let me know. I rented a room for nothing.

Ann: Mack was here changing the tire. Couldn't talk to you in front of him. ))

TO THAT I SAY.... SHE KNEW THAT SHE WAS GOING TO BE LATE AND THAT HER HUSBAND WAS COMING TO CHANGE THE TIRE... SO WHY DIDN'T SHE .... CALL HER NEIGHBORHOOD COCK AND TELL HIM WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON, INSTEAD OF LEAVING HIM SWINGING IN THE BREEZE??? SHE CERTAINLY HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO DO IT BECAUSE HER HUSBAND DRAGGED HIS ASS ABOUT GETTING THERE TO SEE HER IMPATIENTLY PACING BACK AND FORTH. BESIDES THAT, SHE SELLS REAL ESTATE AND CHEATS ON HER HUSBAND SO IT'S ALMOST SECOND NATURE FOR HER TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE TINIEST DETAILS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NOW HERE'S ONE HELL OF A CONTRADICTION.

(( "it had been her decision to halt the affair, I knew that Ann invests a lot of emotions in any relationship and can't let one go without some sense of loss." )

IF THAT'S TRUE, WHAT BECAME OF THE "EMOTIONAL INVESTMENT" THAT SHE'D SUPPOSEDLY MADE IN HER HUSBAND AND MARRIAGE?

A GOOD STORY IF YOU'RE BLIND TO THE MANY FLAWS THAT ARE THERE TO 'NOT SEE'.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Reading Again

I really HATE this trope, where the husband has prima facie evidence of his wife's cheating, but "can't" confront her! He should confront her, if she denies it, call her a fucking liar and go see a lawyer!

"One possibility, of course, remained that there was a completely innocent explanation." - I'm sorry, but there is NO innocent explanation for that!

I agree with prior comments that he shouldn't have to "win" her back. If their marriage has gone stale, the fault is hers as well as his. If SHE'S the one feeling it, then SHE'S the one who should be taking action, and I DON'T mean by having an affair!

As has been said, even if she didn't know that she would miss their date, she could have called him to let him know that she was delayed.

The fact that not only is she not responding to his efforts to freshen up their marriage, she's continuing the affair, puts the lie to any excuse about a "stale" marriage!

Regarding the Hyatt reservations, Mark was looking for a room, not dinner.

Sure, she feels lucky to have him when he's wining and dining her!

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
There Were A lot of Problems With This Story

I agree with all the comments below about her not calling when she had the flat tire or finding a minute to call him at the lake, etc.

But there is a much bigger problem with the logic of the ending. If he intended divorcing her anyway and telling her what he has done, the effort was worthless. In fact, he has helped the cheaters out. They barely broke up. It's not like the wife had a major fight where they couldn't go back. All she has to do now is call him and explain the situation AND now the husband freed the lover because he sent the lover's wife proof of cheating so she will divorce him. Both lovers will be free and clear. If anything he should have told the lover he will tell the lover's wife of the cheating if he ever gets together with the wife again.

Best thing to do would have been to just divorce the wife let under adultery and even say who the lover was without the wife's lover seeing the pictures. Then maybe she would have stayed with the lover but kept a tight leash on them. Even better yet he should have just divorced her, let her do whatever she wants. If she did really love the husband she would feel bad enough for losing the relationship and the odds of cheaters making it are very low.

One doesn't have to always get revenge. She was his wife for 18 years, he loved her during that time and from his comment about what he was losing (he wanted her to feel what he was losing) she must have shown him much more affection than he had shown her. So now she found a lover. You can't deal with it, divorce her and let her go. She will feel less shitty knowing he took revenge on her than if he just left her. The classier you come out of it the more shitty she will feel. The more of an ass you make of yourself, the less she will feel for you and thus losing you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Saw it coming! Good story

BUT, wasn't he taking it a bit far, putting his mouth to a pussy that had been repeatedly fucked by her lover?! Ugh! Disgusting!!

TriCoastalTriCoastalabout 6 years ago
Another good one

I'm going to keep posting comments like the following because of commentators who don't understand what fiction means.

It bemuses me that commentators on this site don't understand that short stories aren't supposed to answer every question. FTDS is the worst offender, but everyone who offers alternative endings, or begs for sequels, doesn't get it. If you want all the answers, read a novel.

Don't expect there to be no 'what ifs' in short stories. Don't expect every legal nuance to be explained or complete. Don't expect every piece of electronic surveillance in a story to be feasible.

One of my favorite stories is FM's The Honey Trap. Some commentators whined that Frank wasn't punished. Bullshit. Read the story and pose yourself the following question. What would happen at the country club after Frank has broken up one marriage, tried to cheat on his new fiancé, and ended up at a gay club? He would be ostracized and humiliated. FM didn't have to be explicit about this. Yet some commentators whined that Frank hadn't been punished.

Most of the commentators have never posted a story. If you don't like the stories you read for free, write your own.

I have a semi-autobiographical novel (about 450 single spaced pages in Word) and over thirty short stories totaling close to 800 pages, but I don't post on Lit.

Five all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Exact balanced BTB

@TriCoastal I wrote stories (published in other Site, but 455 stories of mine is readable on Literotica too ) and I confess ONE OF MY MASTERS is FrancisMacomber who makes me write stories. I like the exact balanced BTB of a'la FrancisMacomber.

Many BTB fans think "The Honey Trap" is the best story of Francis, but my personal favorite is "The Six O'Clock News Slot".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The examplar

@TriCoastal I have 4 stories on Literotica and 1 of them with 4.59.........and once more FM was my examplar.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
But what you are all missing....

Is she went right back to her neighbour and got the great sex that her anal husband couldn't provide her! C'mon you don't think two weeks can make up for years of bad sex and taking her for granted. Now they can fuck whenever they want because you know she will get the house lol.....

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
How F’en original (as far as I know).

Kinda sorta maybe saw it coming, but was more surprised than ah-ha’ed at the end.

I’m giving it 5-stars, though I usually reserve that for what I call Literotica Classics. This was just done so well.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Much Ado About Nothing

The break between the wife and the lover could easily be remedied. After all it became obvious that what was happening was because of the husband. So if the wife had actual feelings for the neighbor then now his wife might be divorcing him and she will be free so they will have a much higher chance to end up together.

In addition, she will be less likely to mourn the loss of her marriage because the husband acted to calculatingly cruelly towards her in the end (at least that will be her take on it). So she will be able to move on from the divorce much more readily. And she will be less likely to remember her husband fondly, so losing him will be less painful for her.

If his plans was to divorce her anyway, it would have been much harder on her if he went to the neighbor with the proof and told him he needs to do something cruel to end things with his wife, otherwise he would tell the neighbor's wife what was going on. That would have tarnished their relationship irrevocably. In addition he would have told him that if he ever came near his wife again, even after his divorce, then he would tell the neighbor's wife about the affair (sorry I forget the names so lots of mention of wives). After she was treated so cruelly by the neighbor and she was dealing with that rejection and the loss of that relationship then as she recovered from that a few days later he could have hit her with the divorce for irreconcilable differences. He could have said the last few years he felt the intimacy hasn't been there and especially the last two months he felt a coldness from her and he feels the relationship is irreconcilable.

Then she would have neither man, felt guilty about not trying to put in the effort to save her marriage and instead went looking elsewhere. The way he did it she feels the husband could have been romantic, but was only was so to fuck her over and with the lover free she could go back with him, especially since it wasn't just sex and she seemed to have feelings for him.

sas6446sas6446almost 6 years ago
UGH!!!

Ridiculous and nonsensical!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ha Ha

Your story really pissed off all the wimpy cum sucking cuckolds out there. Great job!

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 5 years ago
Pay Back?

I loved this story in fact. I love all of your stories. I even have a collection of Debbie McComber's books. I just love the way you bring all this stories together at the end. My only question about this story is: Why did the wife have to cheat for the husband to start being nice to her? To start showing love? To start being more attentive to her? To start paying attention to her needs? While I don't agree cheating is the answer to many problems, I do feel for the lady in this story. What kind of life did she have before the affair? What drove her to do it? Well, sometimes we as men get so wrapped up in ourself's that we tend to forget that there is another person waiting on us to throw a bone her way. Anyway it was a good story.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
On hell yeah

I didn't see that coming. Absolutely perfect BTB. She didn't see that coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
started laughing

As I thought wtf. Why take het back. Then I knew whatvwas up. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ok story

As much as I enjoyed this story, I was hoping it would of ended up in reconciliation after a confrontation about the affair. I love a good btb story but it also seemed like he had taken his wife for granted as she had him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Okay, I admit I didn’t see that ending coming. By about three forths of the way through the story I was kind of disgusted with it. I mean, the guy is bending over backwards to romance his wife while the whole time she’s cheating on him? If that’s not disgusting I don’t know what is. And then the twist. She’s all fat and happy, just looking forward to some good loving later, and he drops the bomb on her. That restored my faith a little. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I just scroll through the comments to see what unintelligible drivel that Timriv spouts. Also, another top notch story from FM.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I was worried when he talked about winning her back.

Then he did exactly what she deserved. He played her perfectly. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
5

Satisfying!

Thanks.

meganann10meganann10about 5 years ago

About halfway through the story I thought He was trying to win his wife back and I thought no way she was very determined to have her affair I like the way this story ended although I didn't see it coming her and her lover got what they deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nevermore

Great story...

Just a bit of stereotyping on my part, I thought he was a bit to conniving and sneaky to be a guy, thought it fitted the ladies roll better.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Thank you about gave up thought another damn cuc

Almost loses

Ending didn't expect 5 stars favorite story

Keep it up

Poe to the rescue I will read more of yours if like this all of yours

Yes somewhat trite but kept me mad enough to keep reading and got me with surprises at least for me

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous