All Comments on 'Divide and Conquer'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 449 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Richly deserved

It is a pleasure to read a story whereby the husband plays it close to the chest. A fitting and crafty ending.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Reading again

One of the best quiet and total revenge stories that I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep.

The way the story was going, I was sure it was falling one way then it fell another. Nice job author. *****

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Best served cold

I liked this one Raac, not. Loved it was served so cold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow!

Damn cold, and well done!

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Oh!!!

This story had CUCK written all over it...until the last paragraph!!!

Loved the ending 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mark suffered nothing apart for divorce

I don't think so.

Mack strikes me as the type of guy that seeks physical revenge.

I imagine Mark being found behind a dumpster severly beaten, with his testicles crushed, knee caps shattered, several broken ribs and a broken nose.

Then this punishment repeated until Mark leaves town.

mower9527mower9527over 4 years ago

another great story that would benefit from an "aftermath" chapter.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

One of those stories so good you read it over and over. Just great!

Sound_Abuse63Sound_Abuse63about 4 years ago
OK I'm going to Beg to Differ

It seems that in this world there is no magnanimous true love. His wife was remorseful which was why she ended the relationship of cheating. And think about this all you cheering how cold it ended. They would both be single and alone again and need to find another partner. Not only that but the fact that the wife broke it off and became remorseful after HE began treating her like someone he actually cared for means that obviously he had been neglecting her for such a long time that basically she was starved for affection. Why are people all so eager to condemn people who make mistakes when the truth is we are ALL humans and we all make mistakes. Is human pride so important that compassion is not possible if it gets a bump?????

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading still great story enjoyed

Too many stories he breaks them up and takes her back without revealing anything to cheating pair

How long before cheats again?

Bet quicker than last time!

He didn't play that game. Oorah

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Nicely done; I enjoyed the twist of the final blade between the ribs.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Great story

I loved his plan to push the cheaters apart and then rip her heart out with the divorce. It ain't fun unless it hurts the cheaters to their souls. Just too good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Response to Sound_Abuse63

No relationship can be perfect. Any man or woman can admit that they can’t possibly give 100% after working hard for at minimum eight hours. There was no indication of dissatisfaction from the wife about the marriage until the discovery of betrayal. The husband did not abuse his wife, he provided ample opportunity for her to choose against her path; however, she did not choose until three attempts of interference to conclude the affair. She was a bad wife, a bad partner.

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Suitable treatment

I'm going to have to agree with Anon 05/08/20, Sound_Abuse63. In this instance I think Mack's response towards Ann's betrayal was very fitting. Nowhere in the story is it stated that Mack was in any way abusive or neglectful towards his wife beyond the normal amount of a rut most couples get into when they're both working long hours and settled into married life. Even if he had been more neglectful than he should have been, at no point did Ann bother to communicate her feelings towards him. She didn't make a mistake by taking up with Mark, she made a cold, calculated decision to not discuss her dissatisfaction with her husband and to find excitement through adultery with another man who was supposed to be a friend to both of them. These are not the acts of a loving woman, they're the acts of a disrespectful, selfish, NEGLECTFUL bitch. Simply put, she deserved what she got because Mack surely didn't deserve the way she treated him.

In a similar vein, Ann did NOT choose to break it off her infidelity until long after Mack's campaign had done its damage to her opinion of Mark. Even after Mack began treating her to romantic weekends and dinners and the like she was still planning to continue betraying him. She accepted all the attention that both men were showering with as her due. It wasn't until after Mark started reacting like a cave man because he wasn't getting his pussy and she realized she was being treated like a queen by her husband that she decided it wasn't worth rocking the boat. This isn't true remorse, it's just another brand of self-involvement.

Was the way he delivered the divorce papers cold? Yes, but she deserved it for what she had done to their marriage. He could have gone nuclear and told everyone they knew, emailed the pictures to all their friends, etc, etc... but he didn't. He delivered justice to those that deserved it and told just enough people so that it would be known he wasn't the one at fault for the end of their marriage.

All in all this was a really well done story, even if there was no real happy ending. There was enough there to draw the conclusion that Mack would be alright some day. He showed that he has what it takes to treat his woman well, so it won't be long before he's found someone new. Hopefully she'll be someone who deserves a strong man who appreciates what he has but won't allow himself to be taken advantage of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great

Just love it. There are just to many dumb chuckolds out there grow some balls men and don't take any shit off of a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing.

Thats a new way to BTB. But I sure do love it. Show her whats she's throwing away, and split the adulterous couple up. Then divorce her. Nice and no violence involved.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Excellent story

Well thought out plot, very well written. Actually, a surprise ending, I did not see the final action coming and thought it would be quite less. However, a very appropriate and we'll conceived ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Too much time spent on pampering just move on

And how dumb was she not to notice and realize that she was caught

Johntwheels

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Reality

In real life cheaters often die. Obviously the faggots and the sluts here disagree with me but it's the truth.

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
I was thrown off

I really thought that you were going to do another wimpy RAAC story, but you got me. However, there's no way I could pull off being a great husband after learning of the affair. Especially going down on her. I'm against all cheaters. BURN THE BITCH/BASTARD!

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Good

Good story, great unexpected ending

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Wow, what great ending, he shows her what a great husband he is and gets her to break off the affair, leads the reader to believe that he is going to forgive her and let it go, then with great style he kicks her to the curb. 5 stars

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Excellent story. Some commentators ask why husband went through all the trouble. But, it was potentially important. Wife went back to her lover despite husband's best efforts, which proved that any reconciliation would be impossible because wife was a true adulterous slut.

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 3 years ago
Wow

Damn, you're good.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Beautifully played

He played the cheating bitch and her lover beautifully in this great story. I think I'll check out the Cask of Amontillado now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
typical LW garbage

A story where the man is undefeatable and the poor woman cast as a stupid woman. These stories bore me to tears. There was no eroticism, no exciting dialogue, no tension, no emotion, just a whole bunch of words explaining his revenge.

Sorry but i voted one star and it would have been less if the option existed.

I do not usually comment as i prefer to accept the writer and I are on different levels. The English and grammar were well edited but the story lacked any emotion, no love, no hate just words. Unfortunate that the author is another misogynistic woman hating pig.

Having to continually pain the male protagonist as some sort of hero is ridiculous.

A real man would have approached his wife and tried to sort out the issues, if he didn't get the end result he wanted then certainly divorce would have been the correct path, but please put some emotion in your stories

lookbob66lookbob66about 3 years ago

I wish there were a”BTB” tag that could be applied to the appropriate stories. I don’t like reading them, but some of the infidelity stories are good.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Well done revenge!!! BTB and Bstd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I thought the story was great 5*'s Just the right amount of emotion, planning, and a little twist at the end. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was a brief slip into euphoria. A clever deceitful wife (approximately 67% divorces caused in America are due to wife cheating) has her plans ruined by a simple plausible action. The husband escapes his looming nightmare without all the usual drama and self doubt. A strong proactive man who refuses to be made into a impish victim.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

Why go through all that expense and effort just to shit-can her?

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 3 years ago

I don't understand why did he go through all the expense and take all his time following her and at the same time have a private detective follow her also. The affair would have ended of it's own once the divorce papers were served and the lawsuit naming her lover as the cause for the dissolution been handed to him. Everybody at her place of employment would know about her and everyone at his work would also know. So starting over somewhere else would be out of the question as long as the hubby called wherever they moved to and let the new employers know about them

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 3 years ago

She got the picture...........No, you're not worth it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice

Almost perfect. The only thing was I needed more information of the cheaters downfall. Just one more page. Still a five star tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
@ErotFan

"Why go through all that expense and effort just to shit-can her?"

What expense? Hire a private investigator. He needed that for the divorce anyway.

He let the air out of her tire. Free. 30 seconds.

Sent her flowers. Not exactly bank breaking. 1 minute phone call.

Pulled a fire alarm. 5 seconds work.

Took her out to dinner at a hotel. He has to eat too. A few hundred bucks and a few hours.

Called her sister. What's that? 50 cents? 1 or 2 minutes phone call.

He wasn't exactly flirting with bankruptcy, and it took a few hours effort, and look what he gained. Freedom from a cheating wife. He retained his self respect. And the look on her face when he confronted her; he will remember for a life time. That's priceless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So nice to see that fine literature still has value…

des67des67almost 3 years ago

I agree with @betrayedbylove, this story needs 1 more page or chapter... Very nice to see someone reading E.A.P, still nice to see fine literature is still being read... Great story... 5 Stars...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well written and well crafted storyline. My only issue with stories like these is that there's no love between the married couple. Authors very rarely get any depth of love or loss to come across in their stories. We very rarely get the wife's perspective or why she was driven to cheat. Authors don't seem to be able to come up with any real differences in their stories. This is a slightly different plot line to the usual husband discovers wife is cheating, divorces her and then either goes away and finds happiness in some other form or another women drops into their laps. I suspect that this is where this story would have ended up if it was continued.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

really good

I wish he would have forgiven her at the end though

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm happy it wasn't a RAAC. However, I can't imagine screwing someone who's knowingly cheating on me; much less going down on her. I would leave as soon as I found out the bitch was cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOL, yeah, he got such great revenge. Why would he even want to touch her after she'd been fucking the neighbor? Just drop her, take her for all she's worth, get them both fired, destroy their relationships, and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Maybe if he paid the same sort of attention to his wife before she cheated as he did when he found out she was cheating she wouldn't have cheated in the first place. Complancency can kill a marriage just as easily as not talking to each other.

FireputterouterFireputterouterover 2 years ago

I always find it amusing how women make comments on these stories about how cruel it is for a man to seek revenge after shecheats but if the man cheats then its just plumb skippy if she burns him to the ground. Maybe one day in the future couples wil stop cheating and start realizing that nothing good comes from cheating

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Hmm. This is a good read, but it is still the same old BTB ‘scorched earth’ scenario. Conveniently there are no children to be caught in the cross-fire which would make a divorce much more difficult. Also the husband is an angel, I was expecting him to get out the ‘Brasso’ to polish his halo. Real life is rarely this black and white. It would have been more interesting if the husband was a cheating scoundrel to match his cheating wife. Anyway, it is not my story. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written and quite clever but his revenge was a bit childish and unnecessarily convoluted. Divorce her or win her back. Doing both is the festering of a sick mind and exactly the kind of insanity that appealed to Mr Poe.

LA

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Real enough. He wanted her to feel his pain.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGover 2 years ago

Nicely written..excellent story... she got what she deserved... maybe not even enough...maybe she's lucky... some husband's would have had a bullet put thru her head

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

I felt throughout the story he (%and you) had not revealed his real plans. But there, for a while, I started to believe he was a wuss. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BTB ! 1 star. If 0 was allowed, I'd have given that.

Yet another cold robot at work, zero feelings towards his wife, glorying in what he thinks is true manhood.

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

One thing that's frustrating with this story was the lack of nuance for all of this authors completely overblown, overly melodramatic, and simply over contrived narratives, this story deserved more time to develop and a genuine ending, not the abrupt halt we eventually saw an unfortunate waste of a good premise.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

You did a good job of hiding the twist and the ending. Very interesting to see what each went through

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Naw, A duck is a duck no matter if has hair on it's muff.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

good planning a serving of papers, well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah... I didn’t see that coming. But at the end of the day, I am sure she can “ repair” her relationship with “ boy toy”. The way hubby ended things, will cause her to rationalize he never really loved her, and it was all an act, to get back at her for the cheating.

I was thinking as he massaged her feet, wined and dined her, etc, that real life gets in the way of fairy tales. When you are married, you understand that. It does not mean you need to ignore your relationship, and certainly both partners need to try to make special time for each other. But if you have to treat her like a Narcissist princess, it’s time to let go of the relationship. If hubby had tried everything, then let them get together at the lake cottage, his exiting of the relationship would have made sense, and had a more profound impact. It would have looked like he tried, but realized she wouldn’t give up, and it was time for a divorce. But in reality, she will only mourn the loss of her marriage, if she is unable to replace him. Being a good looking, real estate agent, I am pretty sure she closed some deals “ in the back room”. I am sure, she won’t be lonely....

4 stars- Because it never would have went down, this way....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was worried that he was going to be a cuck wimp.

Surprise ending was satisfying.

Bill S.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

So, no she can marry Mark as they both will be divorced.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

4 stars and only because he divorced the crazy, skanky, slut.

However, I'll never understand how any normal hetro husband could possibly make love to his wife, or even kiss her AFTER he has positive proof she is fucking someone else. Not only the loss of my most important lover, best friend, mother of my children, BUT the ever present fear of STD's would definitely kill any feelings or love for the stupid bitch. I just would not want to touch, or have anything to do, or say to her forever.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Like the setup and really liked the plotting to divide the cheaters. Still no insight as to why she cheated. Also, the divide part left me to believe that he really didn't love her any more than she loved him. I guess that was a subtle part of the story line that ultimately gave the divorce serving a bigger bang at the end. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this tale but your commenters, wow. You write fiction but this lot are living it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When a man gets tipped off in this way and then allows the afdair to continue as this guy did, the guy is an absoluts pussy at heart. No man alive that has any balls would sit still and allow his wife to continue to fuck him over like this. The end result was to kill their relationship. So to start with, go home get her emails and print them off, then take her by the hand to mark and bobbies home and show bobbie what his wife and mark have bern doing. Same end results with less cheating, and mark gets his ass handed to him by his wife. Then divorce the stupid cunt. Women are nothing more than a life support system for their cunts. Sorry assed story.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

ANY story with an Edgar Allan Poe mention/quote is awesome by default!

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved the deception to the finale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WOW - clever story, and it illustrates the genius of the author.

Nearly 400 responses!

I am amazed at all the would be (but can't do it) authors who had "better" stories and cut the author down.

Most of the critics are typical low IQ people with limited understanding of life. Anyone who does not see it their way must be sick. "No man alive that has any balls..." That insulted me as a reader, but then I just considered the commentator must have been looking in a mirror and noticed part of their anatomy is missing.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

nixrox is delusional. He actually thinks every woman is a virgin when they marry? The same issues he mentioned are possible, the wedding doesn't erase that!

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

I like the story a lot. AAAA++++

GuSannGuSannalmost 2 years ago

Okay, I almost dropped at the begining, when he accepted her cheating... But I continue reading nonetheless, and then I got a big surprise! The end was epic! That's what a man who knows the worth of self love do!

genelookalike1genelookalike1almost 2 years ago

Very well played! At first, I was almost sickened by the thought of the husband simply taking his wife back, with no indication that he'd ever tell her that he'd known all along what she'd done behind his back. Great surprise ending!

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Understand

Understand him divorcing her,but all that will do is drive her into Mark's arms despite all the efforts to keep them apart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written.Good story line.I almost quit on this story at the beginning when l thought wrongly he was going to forgive her.He did all things right in the end including letting Marks wife know about Mark. Unfortunately In real life with his actions, the only thing he really ended up doing was promoting two divorces and opening the door for the two adulterers to set up house together, especially with her knowing her husband only did all that to create the break up. She would quickly have made up with Mark. So much for the revenge.He failed with that. ...entertaining tale 5 stars....JZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

🍋

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I quit half way thru the first page. Why the hell would he want to win her back?

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

Anon, you should have finished the story. Then you’d have the answer to your question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When you fuck a partner when you know that they are cheating, you are condoning the cheating. You can't then get divorced for adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I disagree with some of the critics below. I don't think she would get back together with Mark. For Mark it was about sex. Maybe for her it was more with intimacy. But neither wanted to lose their spouse. They said that to one another in email. Now they have and guilt will destroy their own relationship. I think the wife especially is truly messed up now that she sees how her husband treated her but then stabbed her in the back. I don't condone it. I think it was petty. But then so was her tawdry affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Btw do couples who are best friends and each married for more than 18 years suddenly have affairs? Really?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Sorry, I just can't buy the "winning her back" BS. The line about showing her what she'd be missing is false, because what he was doing wasn't what their marriage had been like before.

\

The twist did save it SOMEWHAT.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Second time through. I think the way he turned the situation around makes it a good story. I was happy that Mack follow through with the divorce and his revenge was perfect. he involved her sister to mitigate his in laws sting and gained allies with them recriminating Ann the cheating slut. Maybe if she would have ended the affair sooner after his good behavior and love making, I would have support him keeping her. "winning her back' evolved into making her look bad before her family. and sad her skunky ass lost a great guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only a Philistine would highlight and Edgar Allan Poe book.

Apart from that a nice 5 star,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not bad.

Divide.

Conquer.

Nuke.

Leave nothing unscorched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He’s not winning anything if he’s divorcing her anyway an if my bf of 20 years started treating me loads better etc I’d have my own questions as to y now an never before she’s dumb an deserved the divorce but tbh she’s not lost anything anyway he’s a fake an so is their whole relationship

fritz51fritz51over 1 year ago

First, this is fiction and well written to entertain, which it did for me. Four stars. Of course, while I’m reading I kept thinking: why in the hell is this guy fucking around with her? Surely he is going to divorce her, so I get that he wants to accumulate evidence but the foot rubs & favorite dinners? Screw her and her dead beat lover, gain the upper hand and drop the bomb… but then I realize and remind myself, again, that’s it’s not about what a real guy would do, but instead about what a character in a story on an erotic literature site decides to do.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Now that was an intelligent BTB l absolutely love the different approach.

The ending was just soooo good.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative BTB.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Having sex with a wife you know is cheating not just no but hell no😵😵😵

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story surprise ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good revenge plot. Like his mini interventions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The passive aggressive B.S. spewed on this site makes me sick. With 99% of all the writers pushing constant man-hate. For God's sake grow a pair and write a realistic Male lead, and quit being such cowards make the cheating wife's pay, instead of getting away without any consequences this site's worst BTB stories are 50/50 divorces with their ex's simply refusing to take them back, with zero consequences it's beyond sickening and is blatantly misandry-(hatred of men).

gasperguy69gasperguy69over 1 year ago

He wasted a lot of time and energy for nothing. But then there wouldn't have been a story, would there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It looked like a RAAC story right up until the end. I am glad to see that he was smart enough to divorce the whore, but I would have liked a little BTB to help smooth over the pain her infidelity caused.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh, well done! I originally, as you had hoped, that the husband was a total submissive guy. Ah, but you fooled me and it was a “shame on her” with your ending. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid pathetic cuck just wasted resources on the skank after knowing about her affair!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Spectacular story. Great lead up to make her understand what she had given up, and to destroy boyfriends marriage as well as to diminish her in her sister's eyes. You weave such a wonderful tale.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous