All Comments on 'Does Talk Lead to Action?'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 6 years ago
Hmmm

I’m with you on this. Great tension. Great dynamic. Look forward to more. *****

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Yeah

Right! A Big " NO " Huge bunch of Slags or Sluts or even Trolls!... Where was I? Oh yeah! They are nothing but a Huge Bunch of Cheating Lying Sluts! Makes you think twice about getting Married mmm

As for the story! Yeah its Not Finished? But I like it!.... Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Penneydog:

A huge bunch of lying, cheating sluts? So far, only one wife, Gail, has been depicted as about to cheat, and the P I showing up put a damper on that. What this story series has shown so far is wives fantasizing, but not actually screwing around.

At least, not yet.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years agoAuthor
I had originally submitted this chapter . . .

. . . as ending when the P I showed up, but added the next section when I completed it, since the original submission hadn’t been approved yet.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Anon:

You miscounted: when Cheryl met with Stan, she was an auxiliary character, not one of the four ‘Beatle’ wives. So far, only Gail of the four wives is described as having met another man. In a previous chapter, Paul says that he thinks his wife Linda might have screwed around in the past, but he isn’t sure. Linda has not said as much herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
really?

How does this woman tie her own shoelaces and fasten her own bra when she's stupid enough to date another dude because one of her slut-friends said something?

Impo_64Impo_64almost 6 years ago
"Does Talk Lead to Action?"

"Does Talk Lead to Action?" Yes, if you are weak...But this time the action was stopped by a close call...Would be interesting to know what happened at "almost cheating" Gail's house...3*

rnebularrnebularalmost 6 years ago
Good but still left hanging

Following this series is interesting, but yeah I really want to know Gail's continued story. She had a near-miss but will she be tempted again? Also, looks like you banged this one out too quick, as Bill became Stan for about 2 paragraphs at the restaurant. There were a few misspellings too, but I know I make them so hardly ever fleece any author for that... thanks RR, wonder where the next chapter will take the Beatles?

Rnebular

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 6 years ago
Comments

I enjoy reading your comments, (and responses) almost as much as your stories. Can’t help but smile. By the way, I started really following you in the Romance category. Though I thoroughly enjoy your satirical work in LW, I must ask if you have any more romances in your story portfolio. Thanks

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 6 years ago
Don't care about the characters so much

But this is getting entertaining and that usually scores enough for me.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 6 years ago
Ugh

I tried, but I just can’t make it through another chapter. I can’t figure out what the point of this story is supposed to be. These characters don’t speak or behave like anyone I know, so it’s impossible to relate to them. They’re more like hormonal teenagers than middle-aged housewives.

I just don’t get it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Actually Reed, have to agree with Pennydog

It is a group of lying cheating sluts. If you're going out to dinner with other men and not telling your spouse, you're a lying, cheating slut. Shows intent in my opinion. These sluts have already betrayed their spouses trust and are showing very little remorse at having done so. It seems only a matter of time before they fuck.

I guess in your book unless they do the physical act of fucking, it's not really cheating. That's ridiculous! It ignores the planning, lying, betrayal of trust and dozens of other small acts of betrayal that encompass cheating. Talking and fantasizing are one thing, but these women have acted. They've started the process of making their fantasies come true by going to dinner with their fantasies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
CBT says:

Eventually. Talk will eventually lead to action. I'v used Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (free because friendship) to help me get over bad actions. In my case it was living with toxic people in toxic environments. Talking it out over and over changes your brain wiring. It's a slippery slope.

As others have pointed out, some of these women already meet with handsome guys behind their husband's backs. They are already taking small actions. It's a feedback loop. Thoughts become words, words create small actions, small actions rewire thoughts. A lot of cheating stories play with this very concept. The creeping adultery. Maybe not as laser focused as your story, but it's a theme. It's a feedback loop, and that means you can re-enforce either fidelity or infidelity. But to dance with one of those and expect to walk away is impossible. Not without already taking the time to build an immunity with introspection beforehand. The brain is more of a lawyer that justifies our impulses. Unless your lawyer gave you sound legal council beforehand, it's a risky thing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Actually Reed, have to agree with Pennydog"

I tend to agree with you. How many times do we hear the wife saying, "I didn't mean to do it, we 'just' fell in love?" No, you did the things that caused you to fall in love with your husband in the first place, the romantic dinners, etc.

boatbummboatbummalmost 6 years ago
A Target Rich Environment

For the Martian Slut Ray!

One slut identified and zapped into action, with other candidates nearby for target practice.... ;-)

I'm enjoying this mostly for the irreverent HDK-esque humor, thanks! Keep the chapters coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The end

I hope

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
FAILING TO PLAN INDICATES RAINY DAYS IN THE FUTURE

and teasing is not an alibi or excuse, TK U MLJ LV NV

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
Two down how many to go

Reed, I have read both installments so far and have to say, your two finest are as low as any lowlife. Two cops on the prowl at lunch time? Your auxiliary character Cheryl is a heart beat away from throwing her marriage away and Gail isn't far behind. If Joe Walsh (life's been good to me so far) hadn't walked in she would have been in bed with him for sure.

In the next installment will we read where Danny is killed by the cop in the bed? We'll all be waiting.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
You should

find a way to group these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

you didn't have much of an ending does john find out she was with the cop does she fuck the cop if so she will end up being just another whore and have her ass put to the curb

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Again, no real story here.

I didn't see the point to this. When you ask questions in a story you should answer them. I didn't think it was badly written but I guess that old TV commercial comes to mind. "Where's the beef?"

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years agoAuthor
The actors in the play

Perhaps I should have included a Dramatis personae list, because it seems from the comments I have confused people.

Paul is married to Linda, John is married to Jane, George is married to Joan, and Richard/Ringo is married to Gail. Cheryl, married to Danny, are 'outside' characters.

This far, Cheryl has been out with Stan, one of the police officers, and had not slept with him before Friday; if she has subsequently, I haven't addressed it. Gail met with Bill, and thought that yes, she was going to sleep with him, but their dinner was spoiled by the entrance of Joe, the P I.

At the end of the second chapter, Ringo said something about a P I, but I have included no evidence that the P I Bill and Gail saw was hired by Ringo.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Mr Brooks wrote:

"How many times do we hear the wife saying, "I didn't mean to do it, we 'just' fell in love?" No, you did the things that caused you to fall in love with your husband in the first place, the romantic dinners, etc."

I'm attempting to go through thought processes here; I spent much more time on Gail and how she was thinking than I did on the date with Bill, or John and Jane's sex scene. Both of the two (very short) preceding stories were on talk, and thought processes. This really isn't a Martian Slut Ray story.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
If I read time lines right

the end of Guy talk was just after Ringo got back from Cincy. He wouldn't have hired a P.I. yet. I guess Gail dodged a bullet there.

TediumsShadowTediumsShadowalmost 6 years ago
normally I like my "wives" far more sluttier

wouldn't necessarily recommend shrinking the cast.

but make the plot revolve around one of the wives.

it's impossible to build a connection to a protagonist if point of view is jumping all over the world

I'm more of an 'over the top' stripping wife getting jack hammered by packs of Kong Donkeys type of guy. reducing her to a screaming trembling orgasmic drooling sex toy

but you know what, I actually did enjoy the turmoil and temptation, the tease and trepidation this chapter started with. and then you shifted POV and it was like "and now for someone completely different"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The solution to this is pretty obvious

The spouses need to swap partners from time to time. That way, there's no temptation to cheat. It's worked out great for us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
"This really isn't a Martian Slut Ray story."

I can confirm that.

Wobbles

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Hanging

Still with you, but losing grip on my rope. Get it moving.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The comlexity of logical probability, a writer's bane, . . . or the mechanism of a stunning plot.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle knew how to manipulate probability with logic so that despite how outlandish a plot, in the end, it made sense. But it takes some talent and a lot of hard work and thought to accomplish.

Which begs the question, how does Gail deal with the probability that her husband Ringo knows she had dinner with Bill the cop? Sure, the probability is very very low, Gail and Bill think. But Gail admits she can't be sure. And what are the consequences if Ringo knows, and how does Gail and/or Bill deal with that possibility? In this story, its just forgotten, ignored, not an issue. Right. So the cop thought it was a distinct possibility that the PI was watching them. Yet the cop is not concerned when he takes Gail back to her car that, if they are being followed, how does Gail explain to Ringo why she had dinner with this cop, and why the cop went over her car with a GPS sensor, looked through her trunk and under her hood? So while the possibility is low, the consequences could end her marriage. It is logical that Gail and Bill would cook up some kind of plausible explanation for their dinner date. But Gail and Bill just seem to coast off without settling the issue. The only way this might make sense is if later in the story the author wants to surprise us that Ringo does know of their dinner date. Based on the intelligence level of this story so far, I don't see that as very likely.

When Ringo gets home from his trip, he's going to ask Gail what she did while he was gone. So what does she say? What can she say? Ringo might already know! How can she explain not revealing the dinner date? How does she explain the dinner date in case the PI was following them? How does she explain the cop searching her car? How does she explain how she even knows Bill the cop, and how they came to have dinner together, while Ringo was out of town? Ifs fiction, so it doesn't have to make sense?

Its OK. Its just a Literotica story; its not worth the effort. I get it. But if you ever want to be a great writer in the commercial market, remember that, regardless how stupid and thoughtless your characters might be, most of your readers are not.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Huh?

What was that?

patilliepatilliealmost 6 years ago
Decent continuation

but this appears to be a long, slow burn. The development is at a slower pace than most three page installments. Nothing wrong iwth that, just have to get into it mentally. Looking fwd to next installment.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Okay

Now we have more info but we need more detail. What's gonna happen?

Still no rating but please continue...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

@Swingerjoe

RR criticises other writers for doing exactly what HE does, he is noting but a hypocrite.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years agoAuthor
anon: long comment on the P I

Bill and Gail do not know who, if anyone, the P I was tailing. Left unaddressed is the possibility that he was tailing Bill. Note that Gail still does not know if Bill is married, or if Bill has been pursuing another married woman.

This story is written about a group, but from first person perspectives, and people frequently don’t have all of the information they need.

TediumsShadowTediumsShadowalmost 6 years ago
at least

Ringo will always have that photograph...…...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
My guess

I’m guessing DP for her slut girlfriend.

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
Reasonably Interesting

The time span being covered is a large one. Perhaps it should have been broken into smaller time periods and detailed.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 6 years ago
Most interesting thing about this story

is ReedRichards argument/ premise that since these wives have not fucked another man yet ...they have done NOTHING wrong

I have been saying for a whole this author has a screw loose....

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Somehow I managed to miss . . .

. . . A where I said that Gail has done nothing wrong, but obviously super-genius Harry has spotted it.

One should never argue with Harry in VA, because he’s even smarter than Wile E Coyote!

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Taking for granite

It is sad that these wives are willing to through away marriages with children for some quick talking wife chasing men. They have obviously lived area for a while and have quite a few friends and neighbors. I can't understand why you would go to a restaurant and let a man caress your hand for the world to see. Not mention her childrens friends parents. If they put as much efforts into marriage as they did into friends and flirting there would be no need to two time spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

The one person said Gail did nothing wrong. She did and people change there mindset when they are doing something wrong and feel guilty. She could be acting different and not realize it or was seen and someone contacted hubby so he had her followed, its possible. The cheating really starts long before a dick enters a woman, it the date and emotional cheating first. Marriages destroyed

rodryder44rodryder44over 5 years ago
Does Talk

Aw shucks: an editing problem with Bill/Stan. IMHO talk is ok regardless of how bad it may sound. Is there more to this story. 4****s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Boyfriend/Husband, or in this case, PI Watching test?

This resolves all arguments about conduct. Only thing left is hide and seek drama.

And for the Guy Talk portion, I suspect a Equus corporate reorganization involving shell companies and offshore ownership is moving along as the girls play on the slippery slope.

jarhead0311jarhead0311almost 4 years ago
Follow up?

Is there a follow up story to this one?

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Point

Is ther any point to this story?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sooo

The cheaters, and yes they have cheated, story just stopped.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Point of this story?? Cheating wives...

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

"You know what would really surprise the boys? Tonight, after the kids go to bed, we show each of our husbands what is theirs and theirs alone and remind them of why they were born men." Now that would be a wife I could appreciate, not the school girl flirts who still need validation from other men.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. Just a few unloyal bitches, who are planning to cheat on the clueless husbands. No news here....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fyi- On the comments. I think it is in poor taste, for the author to debate people on their comments. You come across as insecure, and needy. If you don’t wish to hear what other’s have to say, disable comments. But you can’t tell people how they should feel about your stories. Get over it, and move on.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - I don't bother with comments any more, because nobody cares - especially authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ending? What ending? Did I miss an ending? Was there an ending? Should have been an ending!

Just like the private Dick walking in the restaurant, everybody worked and then the hard-on falls flat before desert even appears!

Wasted story line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Worst ending ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Found this story jumped around a bit as where was the explanation as to referring their husbands as the Beatles and where did Jane appear from ?

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Confusing

Confusing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Shit! I thought you going to finish a story for once.

Bill S.

fishgetterfishgetterover 1 year ago

""""Nitpic4 months ago

Confusing

Confusing story.""""" Hell, this is VERY confusing. Not really a story, more like a 'ramble'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I didn’t know the Beatles got back together and live in the same neighborhood. I thought John is dead. All joking aside I became confused when Gail wanted to call Bill then she was thinking about calling Stan. Then she is out with Bill and a PI shows up. Then one of the wives has a quickie with John. Was Yoko OK with that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

These women are idiots. TWO have already cheated in all but the physical; only circumstances prevented the latter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

These woman marriage suicide level stupid.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous