Don't Drink and Drive

Story Info
A 40-year-old teacher, becomes entangled in a car accident.
3.5k words
3.98
19.9k
14

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 02/11/2024
Created 12/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Np81la
Np81la
40 Followers

This is a try to write a story some of the facts are real or depict news, the accident was real the only difference was that the driver that caused the death of the boy drove away I don't know if he/she was caught or not.

At her colleague's bachelorette party, Sofia, a 40-year-old teacher and a friend of the bride, found herself among friends at Coconuts, a nightclub in Cascais. The pulsating beats of electronic music merged with lively laughter, creating a vibrant atmosphere. Skilled staff and talented dancers added to the contagious energy of the place.

Even though she wasn't fond of such events, Sofia was there, immersed in refreshing margaritas and other cocktails she enjoyed on the side. The sea breeze caressed her skin, and as she looked beyond the nightclub lights, she faced the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean. Strategically located seaside at Praia do Tamariz, Coconuts offered a breathtaking view of the sea.

Over time, friends had attempted to match her with men, but Sofia, a beautiful, 170 cm tall redhead, stood firm in her convictions. Her religious upbringing and traumatic experiences with the opposite sex shaped an asexual perspective. Despite being romantic, she knew that fairy-tale princes didn't exist, rejecting all suitors and preferring to absorb the beauty of the night by the sea at Coconut's.

---

It was almost morning, and I had been working for nearly 12 straight hours. The life of a pharmacist is exhausting, alternating between periods of stress and moments of boredom. I didn't have high expectations; I just wanted to get home, take a shower, and sleep. My profession, with its long hours and odd schedules, had contributed to my wife giving up and taking our daughter with her. The daughter returned occasionally, despite already living on her own, but at this moment, I lived alone with two parakeets. At 52, my life was solitary.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by an impact at the back and another in the face. Something had collided with my car, first at the rear and then at the front. The airbag deployed, and everything happened in fractions of a second.

I tried to feel my fingers and toes; then, I turned my neck and touched my face. My glasses were gone.It's possible that the impact of the airbag broke them, or at least made them jump off my face. I pressed the button to release the seatbelt and opened the car door to see what had happened. In front of me, about 2 or 3 meters in front of my car, on the ground, there was a body.

I reached into my jacket pocket.My phone was broken, possibly from the impact of the airbag or the seatbelt.

I approached the body and noticed it was a young man, clad in a black cape adorned with emblems from various Portuguese and foreign student associations and universities. The prominent one hailed from the University of Lisbon. "Can you speak?" I asked, trying to assess the extent of his injuries. He responded with a fixed gaze and the word "MOTHER..." followed by a convulsion, blood spewing from his mouth.

Surveying the scene for help at 5 in the morning, the only souls present were myself, the victim, and the driver of the car responsible for the accident. I urgently shouted towards her. She, a woman in a white dress, appeared uninjured despite staggering. I raised my voice, "Are you hurt? Call 112 and ask for help." She remained unresponsive, gazing at me before screaming, "AHHHH..." and vomiting on both me and the injured person.

I attempted resuscitation maneuvers until a police officer intervened, pulling me away with the somber words, "Man, it's not worth it; he's dead."

I must have collapsed myself. I woke up in the hospital with my chest bandaged, a neck brace, and pain all over. The airbag and seatbelt had saved my life, but the cost was high -- two broken ribs, various bruises, and a fractured vertebra.

A police officer came to talk to me, asking for my statement. After that, we chatted. Apparently, I had become famous as someone had filmed the entire scene, and the comments were in the thousands. I came out well in the photo, but the comments towards the other driver were quite aggressive.

"After a few days in the hospital, I returned home, taking advantage of the weeks off to address issues related to insurance and the repair of my car, which were surprisingly efficiently covered by the insurance company. Back at work, I continued at a steady pace, dedicating myself to my job with overtime hours. It had been two or perhaps three months since the day of the accident when I received a letter from the court informing me that Sofia was being tried, and I had been summoned as a witness.

I talked to a lawyer friend who explained that I didn't need a lawyer, just to appear as a witness. On the appointed day, I went to the court, entered, and asked the security guard where the courtroom was. He directed me to room 301. Upon entering, I encountered Sofia again, now in the defendant's seat, accompanied by a gray-haired lawyer.

Besides me, there were other witnesses, including the accident's police officers. In the spectator's gallery were Sofia's students and colleagues, while at the back, standing apart, was Luis Silveira's mother, dressed in black and accompanied by a man in a suit, presumably another lawyer.

The judge entered the room, we all stood up, and then the prosecutor read the charges against Sofia Santos.

The prosecutor requested an exemplary punishment, considering charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to assist the victim, and manslaughter due to negligence.

The judge then questioned Sofia about her plea, and her lawyer stated that his client pleaded guilty, acknowledging the impossibility of denying the facts. The judge, in turn, stated that since the accused had pleaded guilty, the only thing left was to decide on the sentence to be applied."

The judge ordered a short lunch break and said that he would prefer the sentence at the end of the day after hearing both the approving witnesses and those of the victim's family

 It was then during lunch at a restaurant in the area that I was contacted by Sofia's lawyer "Good morning, Mr. Miguel." He had a very affable voice.

"I hope he is better and that the accident did not cause any consequences for him. My constituent was very worried and traumatized by the accident." I thought to myself "Well, she must have been more worried about the fact that she could spend 20 years in prison",but I didn't say anything and replied "How can I help you, mister?"

"João Meireles, lawyer and personal friend of Sofia, my constituent is not a bad person, on the contrary,It was then during lunch at a restaurant in the area that I was contacted by Sofia's lawyer "Good morning, Mr. Miguel." He was very smooth.

"I hope he is better and that the accident did not cause any consequences for him. My constituent was very worried and traumatized by the accident." I thought to myself "Well, she must have been more worried about the fact that she could spend 20 years in prison",but I didn't say anything and replied "How can I help you, sir?"

"João Meireles,I am the lawyer and also a personal friend of Sofia, my constituent is not a bad person, on the contrary.Soon you will hear several testimonies from her colleagues and students, everyone really likes her, she just made a mistake, a tragic event for sure but one that could have happened to anyone."

"It could happen to anyone who drinks and drives" I thought but I let the lawyer continue talking.

"Mr Miguel. I took the liberty of making some inquiries and investigations about you with mutual friends, I ask you to forgive me for the intrusion, but I know that you are divorced, you are currently alone. The various girlfriends you've had over the years all describe you as a good person but who doesn't have time for anyone else. My proposal to you is very simple, Mr. Miguel, my client would like you to ask for her to be assigned to you as a slave as compensation.

Sofia is a beautiful, intelligent woman with a higher education and a career as a History teacher, from what I researched she has a lot in common with you."

"Dr Meireles, what you propose to me is that I marry Sofia, so that she doesn't go to prison for 20 years as she deserves, and I would have a drunk as a wife, who would possibly one day cut my throat while I slept or worse"

"I understand your reservation, we all saw the video on YouTube, but Sofia is not a drunk, in fact the accident happened because she was not used to drinking, unfortunately we already have a destroyed life, poor Luis's, do we need another destroyed life?"

Dr. João Meireles began to explain, "Perhaps you still envision slaves as they were during the glorious age of discoveries -- lines of blacks and Moors in chains, transported to coffee and sugar plantations in Brazil or rice fields in Alentejo. Always on the verge of revolt and prone to violence against their rightful owners, burning and destroying private property."

A judicial slave is just someone who will serve a sentence of slavery instead of actual imprisonment. Having Sofia as a slave would allow you to have several advantages, for now you would have a maid to clean, cook and take care of your house, then if you wish she could continue to be a teacher and the entire value of her salary would become yours., after taxes and social security contributions have been deducted. Any other income she earns will also always be for you, not to mention that she is a very attractive woman and will certainly be able to give you a lot of pleasure in bed."

  "What you propose to me is that I take all of her income, make her clean my house, cook for me and then have sex with her. It seems like a great deal to me, if not for the part about waking up with my throat cut, and what does she get? My old girlfriends certainly told her that I'm a good lover but... "

 "In reality, this is an excellent proposal for Sofia, if it weren't, I, as her lawyer and friend, would never present it. The prison sentence for a crime like the one she committed would always be at least 15 years and a maximum of 25 the equivalent penalty of slavery will be a maximum of 10 years, in addition your home must be much more comfortable than a prison, the also the food. As a slave despite having limited freedom she can contact more people and she can continue working. Even what you're thinking about her being used as a sexual object would be the same in prison. Don't be fooled, Mr. Miguel, this business is very good for both of you." he explained

"I have no doubt that everything will be great at the beginning. Grateful for saving her from prison, she's the perfect salve, but in a few years, your client may grow tired of me. In a fit of rage or desperation, she might consider extreme actions, such as harming me or even taking her own life. However, it's a risk I neither need nor want."

"Ha, ha, ha! Don't have that fear. Have you ever read or heard a story about a slave turning into a murderer? No, you haven't, right? The only case reported by "Correio Da Manhã" was about an owner who beat a slave and ended himself sentenced to 16 years in prison for that. Science has put an end to the times when slaves would revolt. Spartacus is just a distant past."

"What do you mean?" I inquired, curious.

"Have you ever seen a slave up close? I presume you haven't; if you had, you would have noticed that, beyond the collar, slaves have an implant that inhibits them from any violence. Are you familiar with the laws of robotics?"

"Yes I am familiar with Isaac Asimov's Laws of Robotics."

"Isaac Asimov's Laws of Robotics can be summarized in one sentence: A robot must protect humans, obey their orders, and preserve its own existence, following this priority order. Did you know that the word "robot" means "slave" in Czech? Thanks to science, human slaves now follow the same laws as their counterparts in science fiction."

I was intrigued. Dr. Meireles said goodbye with a sincere handshake. "Think about it. You have until the reading of the sentence to decide."

"Before returning to the courtroom, I called my lawyer and asked her what she thought about the colleague's proposal, whether it was a good idea to accept having a 'slave.' 'Miguel, of course, it's a good idea. You hit the jackpot; at least during the sentence period, you will have a woman who puts up with you and your bad temper. And do you have any idea of the money she can make for you? Do the math; all her income becomes yours, but it doesn't count toward your IRS, that's hers. We're talking about around €30,000 per year, plus the money you save on a housekeeper and girlfriends.'"

"I don't have a bad temper." I grumbled, but in light of this advice, I was determined to accept Dr. Meireles's proposal and have Sofia as my slave.

The court session resumed its proceedings. First, Dr. Meireles called Sofia's colleagues and friends. They all unanimously portrayed her as a reserved, good friend, professional, and responsible woman. Someone who made a mistake on a bad day and posed no real danger to society. They argued that punishing someone like Sofia would bring no gain to society.

Afterward came Luis Silveira's mother, Mrs. Constança Maria de Albuquerque e Silveira. She was the embodiment of pain and the desire for revenge. The look she cast in Sofia's direction spoke more than a thousand words. 'My... boy was such a sweet child, loved life, always surrounded by friends, always the top in school, at the University... And that "woman" murdered him, not even capable of asking for help... DRUNKEN MURDERER.' The judge had to ask Mrs. Constança to calm down and remember that she was in a courtroom.

"I apologize, but a mother cannot contain herself in the presence of such a vile and despicable creature. I ask Your Honor to sentence her to the maximum penalty and spare me the sorrow of possibly ever crossing paths with the creature that stole my boy's life one day. Many times I would have preferred to be the victim of this murderer, but it was my Luis." Everyone was moved by that woman's pain.

After a pause of about 20 minutes, the judge returned to the room and ordered Sofia to stand for the reading of the sentence. Sofia was impeccably dressed in a white silk blouse and a dark blue skirt. Her copper-red hair would exude confidence and pride in any other setting, but there, in front of the judge, her legs trembled, and it was her lawyer who gave her a helping hand to rise.

"Sofia Daniel dos Santos, this court considers that the crimes you committed were not the result of malice or an intention to cause harm. It has been demonstrated that you are an honest and hardworking citizen, and therefore, this court does not see any benefit to society in imposing a prison sentence upon you. However, it would neither be fair nor set a good precedent for this court to impose a suspended sentence or a simple penalty of corporal punishment." Sofia breathed a sigh of relief knowing that she would not be going to prison.

"This court's decision is to sentence you to 7 years of slavery and a lifelong ban on driving any kind of vehicles... It could be worse," Sofia thought. "...You are also sentenced to 500 lashes. This last part of the sentence will be at the discretion of the future owner, who will allocate the lashes across the sessions as they see fit, with the only requirement being the presence of witnesses." Upon hearing about the 500 lashes, Sofia almost fainted.

"Minors present in the courtroom must leave at this moment; everyone else may stay if they wish." All of Sofia's students and some other individuals left the room.

The judge spoke again after everyone had exited the courtroom. "Bailiff, please remove the slave's clothes and then place the collar on her."

The bailiff approached Sofia and, with a firm hand, guided her to the center of the courtroom.

Dr. Meireles accompanied Sofia and whispered to her, "You have to be strong. We knew this could happen. I'm here by your side. Let the bailiff do his job, and you'll see that everything will be fine."

The bailiff, with an exaggeratedly loud and authoritative voice, said, "SLAVE, ARMS BY YOUR SIDE; EYES ON THE GROUND."

Then he began unbuttoning each button of her blouse and removed it, taking care to hand it to Dr. Meireles. The bailiff showed no emotion; Sofia's beauty or her tear-covered eyes seemed indifferent to him. He removed Sofia's bra and only reacted when she tried to cover herself with her arms. "ARMS BY YOUR SIDE," no threat was needed; the bailiff's voice and Dr. Meireles' gaze made Sofia obey immediately.

The sight of her bare breasts was the subject of many glances and whispers, only silenced by the stern gaze of the judge."

After removing Sofia's skirt and remaining clothes,she heard 'SLAVE, HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD, FACING THE AUDIENCE!' Naked, Sofia did as she was commanded. The desire to escape overwhelmed her, but she knew she couldn't. She was trapped, not physically, no chains or handcuffs, only her inability to move kept her there. The shame she felt when her gaze met a colleague's; most looked away or had already left the room, but some, particularly the men, had stayed. She knew her beauty was coveted, and gossip circulated in the school corridors, labeling her as dyke or frigid. Now, all of them could observe the naked body of the "Nun",as she was known. Tears were pouring through her face

The judge asked the room, "Does anyone here present claims any right over this slave?"

"I claim this slave as compensation for the death of my son," Sofia panicked, her heart stopped, and her breath became erratic.

"Anyone else?"

Then I stood up and said, "I, MIGUEL MOURATO, claim this slave as compensation for the injuries I suffered in the accident."

The judge paused and proclaimed:

"Miguel Mourato, I acknowledge your rights as owner of this slave and assign her to you. Does anyone present have any objections?" The judge turned to the woman who had claimed her, she was clearly upset.

"I have objections; the death of a son is worse than some broken ribs. I only have respect and gratitude for Dr. Miguel's actions that day, but in this case, I have to oppose his claim."

"Dona Constança, the death of your son has already been subject to punishment with the slave's conviction. If we were only discussing the broken ribs, the sentence would not have been the same. Therefore, I consider that Dr. Miguel Mourato, is the owner of this slave for the next 7 years. However, I appoint Dona Constança Silveira as one of the witnesses to represent the court during the whipping of the slave."

The judge called me to where the was slave and handed me a metal collar. It was heavy for its thickness and had various electronic components. The judge looked at me and at the bailiff who echoed, "ON YOUR KNEES, SLAVE."

Repeat after me, please, said the Judge, "I, Miguel Mourato, take you as my slave in accordance with the law of the Portuguese Republic, and I swear on my honor to respect all laws and provisions relating to the possession of your body and your will."

I repeated, "I, Miguel Mourato, take you as my slave in accordance with the law of the Portuguese Republic, and I swear on my honor to respect all laws and provisions relating to the possession of your body and your will."

Then he turned to Sofia "Now you must say "I Sofia Daniel Santos, a slave by judicial decision of the Portuguese Republic, accept Miguel Mourato as my owner and legitimate master and I swear to take his will as mine in all things that concern me" Sofia waited but her lawyer whispered to her that if she didn't accept Miguel she would be sold at public auction and then she wouldn't be able to choose.

Sofia realized that this would be her last act of freedom, her final decision for the next few years. She had the choice to declare herself Miguel's slave willingly or wait to be sold at auction. She sighed and repeated the formula that the judge had spoken. It was done; for the next few years, he would be her owner.

Np81la
Np81la
40 Followers