All Comments on 'Dove Caught in a Burning Bush Ch. 01'

by CandiedJasmine

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
cageysea9725cageysea9725about 2 years ago

There's nothing to see here. You might as well move along.

The only good thing I can say about this submission is that it's short. The torture didn't last long.

cpark1170cpark1170about 2 years ago

Great submission. I loved it. There is much promise here. Dark and twist in a good way.

cpark1170cpark1170about 2 years ago

There's a lot to see here. Really creative story. I loved it. I hope you right more and ignore rude immature reviews.

HotBrandHotBrandabout 2 years ago

The high fantasy concept is an ambitious effort. A reader has to be drawn into the core of your universe and, within about a thousand words, you definitely took on a difficult task!

It's definitely enjoyable. You set up your main plot arc (sexual drive of the protagonist) so that a reader can clearly identify where your plot may go. That's definitely an asset for starting your series and you definitely have that covered.

Ideally, a bit more time could be taken in developing your universe early. My outsider understanding of the concept of angels is that they do not have genitals. Is it a general rule in your universe that they do - and is sex a normalised or taboo concept in this society? How is murder tolerated in a setting that is traditionally based on pure goodness - and why does your deuteragonist accept intimidation/collaboration if she is aware of his actions?

It's a lot to try and concisely address in the word limit of c.1100 words, admittedly!

I love the ambition that you're projecting and wishing you all the best in the series!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I love this so much, very excited for more

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous