Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But The Lady of Dreams had to be involved going forward to establish and/or coordinate the conversations and be aware of the directions being given. He made that decision because he was concerned about future champions to Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, or Rillifane Rallathil in the future.

He wanted to keep them from doing things like forcing more isolation or directing them to do things against the common good of the Elven people for their agendas instead.

"Your Half-Dragon daughters will be sought after by these other champions for wives. Hanali Celanil will ensure all of your offspring, before and after the change find love. She will be doing this for all of the Champions' children. Flora was an excellent choice and she will be fertile for many more years.

If we select another champion from your house, it will likely come from her line of children, or another of the Half-Dragon wives who carry your family name in the future.

This is far into the future, but the double dose of dragon's blood will make House Silvertree an arcane powerhouse in the future. Crisna is unknown because of her age, she does not have many cycles left to have children. She has such a short lifespan being a Half-Elf, but we are hopeful for a few from her, again mostly girls."

Tallion stood as they motioned for him to rise and asked, "I know a Half-Dragon was not your original plan for a champion. We muddy the waters if you will. I hope my family will continue to serve for years to come in some fashion.

Heroes or champions make little difference to me. Just supportive of the Elven people and their survival. That they live good, productive, and hopefully long lives filled with love. Are their issues with the rest of the Silvertree line?"

The Lady of Dreams shook her head, "Not at this time. Their disdain for you I find troubling, but understandable because of the dogma we created to keep our lines pure as possible. Our clergy have not been as forceful, or King Goldeagle, in ensuring Half-Dragon acceptance.

We are predicting hundreds of thousands of them will be born over this war, if not millions of them. Your combat skills have shown their value in this fight, and you are not the only one with 3 Half-Dragon generals who earned their spots in the Army. Your children will all be fertile. This is not just you or the other Champions.

Those who are born going forward until this war comes to an end will be fertile in most cases. Those born asexual and women-with-women, and male-with-male only minds will be fewer and they might be the exception, but it is still unlikely. They would be the first we drop fertility from to save divine power. Laws being what they are, they are expected to marry and reproduce, regardless.

For the next thousand years, fertility will be held at that high for all Elves who follow to keep the losses to our people's total population up. It will cut into the number of Champions we can field at some point and be revisited.

Anti-fertility spells, potions, drugs, and items have been neutralized and disenchanted. We had a population of just over 1 billion elven people on the surface. Not counting Sea Elves, who wish for their numbers to remain hidden as Deep Sashelas request as well. I am respecting that request.

They are, like the Wild Elves and Snow Elves, isolationists. Yet we include them in the counts without differentiating them because they are on the surface and suffering alongside you. You have to consider them with the other surface elves for now. Those are your primary concerns.

We lost over 154,000 that you know about so far. That number is closer to 200,000. That is likely to double or triple in the next 70 years alone. Keep being bold and looking ahead as you have been and that will hopefully reduce that prediction.

We will be lucky to have a population of over 100 million from the different permutations we have seen when this war ends millennia from now. Long after you have passed. Some predictions go far lower.

As our population declines our abilities to put as many champions on the field will diminish. No, we will not give you the names of the champions though you will likely find them in time. We will warn you that no constitution item should be used by you, EVER.

Your wives would likely suffer in bed if you did. New children born will only have a very small percentage of that stamina boost inherited. Less than half of what an elven champion might have, if that. It is too dangerous otherwise. Your abilities for twins and triplets will continue in your bloodline to all of your wives' children from your Dragon parentage.

That unlocked and is open when you became a champion, but we restricted it on your infertile wives once we knew what was going on. That will carry forward for hundreds of generations potentially. Something from your Dragonblood.

Even more so for Flora's children as she has that trait as well, just not active at the moment. We felt you were owed an explanation as your wives are concerned. Return to the waking world. You will have work to deal with as the Drow are making their first moves."

---

The Lady of Dreams was in another dream state visit with King Goldeagle, "Your plans to bring in the champions is foolhardy. You know who the 4 are and that should be enough. We told you not to seek them out and to get that damned thought out of your head, they work for us first and you second!

They are not to be paraded around as they will become targets like Tallion will become one. He and his family. Second, my husband's words on 'compromise' were not aimed at or about Tallion.

They were aimed at the Gods who we worked with to get the Alliance agreement finished. A means to bridge the gap and bring the Dragons fully into the fold. Tallion is no placeholder and his role going forward is significant.

Gold elves are not the end-all-be-all of the elven people. You are treading on thin ice with me. Your Gold Elves isolated themselves from the rest of society. They need to learn to work with others, like your new Field Marshal Golden Sword. 20 years under his belt fighting alongside Tallion.

He was the right Elf for the role, Tallion saw it and voiced it. He knew you wanted a Gold Elf for that role, a 'High Elf' in that vacant space, but he wanted it to be the right Gold Elf and you got lucky that he agreed with you in this matter.

Yes, his voice carries weight with the Gods, as do all of the Champions. Right now they all carry more weight than your voice in matters. The death toll is 190,483 so far among the surface Elves and across species from the Chromatic Dragon attack alone. It will only get worse in the next hundred years. Tallion cannot stop what is coming.

Nobody can, not on their own. It takes armies, leaders, heroes, and champions. Your role is closer to a figurehead right now, as you are a placeholder. Your wife is the power behind the throne, your first one only. The 'witch' in which you have had only 1 son because you are too busy fucking around with the 2 others you chose and your male cousin.

We know everything about you. You fled at your father's direction but you would have fled regardless as you are not brave and not a warrior, an alchemist student who would have failed out of the Academy if not for your Father's influence at the Academy.

Brave Elves, Half-Dragons, Half-Elves, Humans, Gnomes, Centaurs, Fay, Dwarves, Halflings, and Dragons are required. You want to keep your life, then respect your place in things. Tallion will need a marriage exception.

Time it for a year from now. He has 5 wives, only 3 Elven wives. He added his third Elven wife and a Half-Elf who has been in his service for years. She was mostly into women and now she into women and him. He will be marrying 3 more brides and requires this exception.

Deal with it privately and securely written by your own hand, no scribes. Some of what has been done to him since making him a champion were too elevated on a Half-Dragon. We know this now but cannot change it.

He will be producing a lot of female children that will be extremely gifted and sought after. Elven Gods will help to guide the people. His heirs and those of other Champions will be sought after for mates for generations.

You noticed there were no Gold Elf, Snow Elf, Wild Elf, or Half-Elf champions, other than Tallion before you say he is only Half-Elven. All of the champions were chosen for being in this fight already.

While your Gold Elf people ignored what was going on for over 100 years. Queen Golden Crown stayed in her city because she was ordered to move her city and fight to the last man by Corellon. She destroyed many ancient chromatic dragons. Her sacrifice had meaning at least.

The Chromatic Dragons attacking the humans worked in getting that group of humans and the other 2 to join the cause. It made Queen Quaranna the force to be reckoned with at the request of the human God AO through other Human deities.

He wanted them to get ready now and not 50 years from now because the war was already started by the Chromatic Dragon attacks. Queen Quaranna saw the immediate threats coming from the oceans, the dragons, and every other race that is aligned against us.

Queen Golden Crown was too corrupted and self-absorbed to see beyond her city with the others being nothing more than decorations to her 'crown jewels of the sky' and the sign of her decadent achievements. All built under her grandfather's watch, her father's watch, and finally her own watch as the last 2 took flight.

To make the Gold Elves 'High Elves.' She was not prepared for heavy ariel combat by flaunting her magical prowess that way. Without preparing proper defenses to defend those cities. Queen Golden Crown and the 'High Elves as a whole' were short-sighted and she had been warned what was coming but did nothing to bolster her defense against a dragon attack.

Relying on her people and their magic alone. No siege weapons. Short of the self-destruct she had built into every single city and usable only by those who ruled the city. Your Grandfather never stepped down completely.

He never turned those controls over to you or your father. Queen Golden Crown thought you the fool and unworthy of Brandella, let alone truly ruling a city. Queen Golden Crown was right on both counts!

Your wife, Brandella, would have been given those controls before you. Queen Golden Crown did not want them in her hands until she had an heir in place to get rid of your pathetic ass.

Incorporating weapons and getting alliances she could not do without the aid of Moon Elves, Dwarves, Humans, and Metallic Dragons. She did more harm to the Elven people, and her family, than good. Setting those cities over Moon Elf cites to assert dominance while not speaking with them.

Instead, it killed thousands of them when they were self-destructed. The people fled the Moon Elf cities when the attacks came as it was focused on your flying city. Every dragon aimed at them first thinking Elves would not destroy such a city over another largely populated Elven city.

You can guess where the majority of the other deaths came from in that 190,000+ lives lost. High Elf cities killing Moon, Wood, and Wild Elves below them! Your wife married you to get away without being disowned for marrying a Non-High Elf. Not for love.

Queen Golden Crown wanted her to marry a distant cousin but she refused the match for you instead. He was a very bad choice as well, worse actually. Your cowardice at your father's direction ensured Brandella and the repository of relics had survived.

They are Brandella's to oversee and use when needed, not your decision. Again you are just a figurehead right now. Your Grandfather was not concerned with you, but with Brandella after the fall of the 'High Elf' Capital.

The metallic dragons and the TWO dragon avatars who fought interceded only because other dragons were attacked last and they did it with fewer numbers because of the sacrifice of those 12 cities and the 88,311 Gold Elves who died.

Half of which your father killed protecting your cowardly escape from the battle! 85,492 Moon, Wood, and Wild elves died from those cities and not from dragons. The rest being Half-Dragons and Half-Elves you care nothing about. You wanted to know the number of what your bombs killed of the 'lesser elves and abominations.'

You step out of line again; your nights will be filled with the death screams and the explosions your grandfather unleashed to protect your cowardly ass. Starting with tonight! You're not a Moon Elf but I oversee Dreams and Death. You are but one false step away from dying wherever you stand.

Keep that in mind and work with those who know how to deal with the battlefield and stop getting in the way! Gold Elves, not ficka High Elves, who prove themselves on an individual basis have a chance at one day being Champions eventually.

Keep that in mind as well. Ignore Tallion and your advisors, or work to undermine them. You will die before the words leave your lips. Is that clear enough for you King Goldeagle?"

King Goldeagle nodded, "Crystal clear, Lady of Dreams."

---

King Goldeagle woke in a cold sweat and the room smelled of ash and death to him as he had been tormented with hours of death screams and the feeling of his skin being frozen, burned, or liquified in acid from dragon breath weapons.

Not counting being swallowed whole in one case and bit in half in another. Also blown apart 12 times, once in each High Elf city. He went to the washroom on shaking legs and cleaned up. His wife looked at his side of the bed and noticed the King had pissed and shit himself in his sleep as well. She shook her head.

She had gotten a short message from the Lady of Dreams, "Be prepared to take the reins when he steps out of line again. It will likely come soon. Follow your advisors in place when that occurs, if he fails to act, get a marriage exception in place for Tallion to add 3 more wives, a total of 8.

He has 2 Half-Elf wives including a Half-Dragon one, but that could change in the future as he works to keep his marriage bed full and Crisna, his Half-Elven wife will only live for less than 50 years. Not to be shared. He will know when and why but keep it quiet, personal, and written from your own hand. No scribes.

Speaking of Tallion and champions, one warning we had not given your husband. If 2 champions engage in combat, and one is killed, the holy symbol of the fallen will explode within seconds of death. If you ever hear of 2 champions fighting. Teleport away immediately as the damage can be catastrophic.

Your dreams of a Half-Dragon consort after his death are inspiring. Yet a letter you get from Branina Silvertree will likely inflame those thoughts and make that a reality. Better heirs than your one son who will not take the throne, he has no arcane talent, a product of his father.

He will look to join the church, my church, in the coming years. Vowing to never be King as it is not his destiny. He will be on the battlefield as he will be infertile, regardless, by the demand of Corellon. Once you have heirs born and more on the way with Dragonblood in them. The thing about royal politics, the Gods created that as well and we play to win."

Queen Goldeagle had dreamed as a child that she would rule one day, but it would be during an extremely costly war. She now thought those were a prophecy that was playing out now. The condition of her son, only 17 years of age would be found in another 10-20 years when they divined his abilities and fertility.

Then she would send him off to the church. She had another 70-100 years of fertility, Gods willing, and a Half-Dragon already in mind who was of a Gold Elf and Gold Dragon lineage and a Battle Mage bodyguard she had settled upon. That role would change it seemed.

Now she had information about champions exploding, she would hold that until needed in court for now. It would be a deterrent to taking action against Tallion if she worded it right. If she lied or omitted parts of it.

---

King Goldeagle ran into his cousin leaving his 3rd wife's chambers and nodded to him, "I had a hell of a night. The Gods made Tallion the Grand Field Marshal on the field and a Champion to Corellon."

He looked at the King, "You're serious?! They chose an admonition to be Champion?"

King Goldealge shook his head, "Never say those words to me. I am on thin ice with the Gods and the Lady of Dreams who haunted my dreams last night. I should get to the throne room, you have a city to watch over. I will just have to learn to live with Tallion being a Champion."

The City Guard Captain had fucked both of the King's 2nd and 3rd wives last night and rushed away and headed for the main market.

---

Tallion woke and cleaned up. He stored the one ring and outfitted himself in gear as the wives woke tired and groggy. Flora held up a hand, "Not today."

Tallion chuckled, "I know about the pregnancies of all of you. Aerdrie Faenya oversaw them. The Lady of Dreams said 3 more wives a year from now, she would speak with the King about it. Your pheromones were cut short. They said 5 was enough. The stamina boost might have been ideal for an Elf, but on a Half-Dragon, it was much higher than expected."

He had 5 nodding heads.

Crisna smiled, "Gives us time to commission a bigger bed it seems. Incredible first night with a male, but scary as well. You know about the children. Did she say why?"

Tallion sighed, "Yes, and no. Fertility and infertility be damned Aerdrie Faenya wanted each of you to have at least one female child from me to marry off to another house to help spread the Dragon Bloodlines from a Champion.

She stated Flora will be fertile for years to come. She did not mention specifics on you Crisna, you are already 45 years old and your time for being fertile is shorter. Maybe 3 or 4 pregnancies more. Maybe.

Other than to say the one female child for the infertile was a one-off event. One daughter from each of you after I was made a Champion. To spread my family Bloodline into other Elven houses. Consider it a good thing. Those going with me, need to get dressed and spells prepared."

They all groaned at that and got to moving about. Tallion studied and then went and checked on the children to find Crisna there. She looked over, "Disappointed in marrying me?"

Tallion chuckled, "Not hardly. I know you are into women and now women and me when Flora is not in heat, anyway."

Crisna smiled and nodded, "The children are fine. I know I am older, like your first 2 wives, but I am happy you took me into your bed. I have always respected you as you never looked at me as being lesser than your wives. Now, I am one and blessed by the Lady of Dreams even. I need to get them fed and do some shopping for food for the house, my husband."

He walked past Vilmora who was dressed and hit him with a mild healing spell, "To help with the scratches and bite marks. Not your deadly cock."

Tallion laughed as a crystal went off. It was Field Marshal Golden Sword, "You need to get in, we have 6 missing patrols and counting. Crystals are buzzing everywhere."

Tallion looked at Vilmora, "Tell the others to meet me in the War Room, those who are going, including you. Mages should have earthquake spells, weather spells, and walls of force spells prepped if they can do them.

Field Marshal, ensure my guard is ready to deploy. Remind them of the spell changes I requested. Have them meet me outside the War Room and have them wait until we come out."

Field Marshal Golden Sword sighed, "We have reports of Drow surfacing in multiple locations."

Tallion sighed, "Mages, clerics, druids with those spells inside of force walls. Collapse the breaches. As many as we can. Send in forces to deal with what is on the surface. Use diplomatic stones to block teleportation into the area the casters work from if needed.