Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This was why the spells changed. We need to close as many as we can so we can consolidate our forces. Get with our other allies and bring in reinforcements including the Dragons. Ask them if they have any dragons well geared for underground and how many. I will be there shortly."

Tallion stepped out of his house, he kept teleportation blockers running over every square inch inside. He teleported to the Palace entrance. He saw the King at the throne but ran for the War Room instead. He figured the King would take the hint.

He arrived and started counting and marking locations on the world map where the Drow had breached. He had 73 separate locations thus far, the strategy for them was all the same. He ordered mages to Human, Halfling, Gnome, and Dragon lands.

He contacted the Field Marshals for each of them, "I have sent 20 mages to each location. I am looking for reinforcements to help with 73 breeches from the Underdark. How many troops and what types can I expect from each of you starting With Field Marshal Smith."

He started with Valinta knowing they had a large army. The numbers he got back were dismal and he knew far below what they could deliver. The others were low as well and not near what had been promised to be available. The dragon numbers were more respectable. He gave them coordinates at which to deploy but asked the question when King Goldeagle entered the room.

"How many Dragons do you have that are geared for fighting underground, in tunnels? We have not heard from the dwarves yet, the more of these breaches that we close, the larger the forces we can expect at the ones still open."

The Gold Dragon King entered the conversation, instead of his Field Marshal, "The best assets we have for underground are Adamantium dragons. We do not have a lot of them. We have 2 mated pairs beyond breeding age at the moment. Where are you wanting them?"

Tallion looked at King Goldeagle, "We need to know if our dwarven allies are being attacked, both or just one, Your Majesty."

King Goldeagle pulled 2 crystals. King Fire Axe reported back, "We have Drow and Shadow Dragons pouring into the lower levels."

King Heart Stone responded, "As do we, it looks like a major push. I still have troops in bed working to get geared up. I am headed to the fighting to see how bad it is."

Tallion asked both of them, "Your Majesties, how feasible is it to collapse and seal those passages?"

King Fire Axe sighed, "I have the explosives in place and set to be done but it does nothing for those already through. We need your assistance."

King Heart Stone grumbled, "It would take hours to do it but we would have to push them out of the forge areas first before we can get to the area to set the explosives."

Tallion hated to make this call, "I will be bringing mages and clerics to cast earthquake spells to seal off the lower levels King Heart Stone. Then we will work to help evacuate your people to Fire Axe lands. I have 4 adamantium dragons to help you, King Fire Axe.

You're ready to destroy the opening and they can help to put down the threat. To the Gold Dragon King, I sent mages to your kingdom, tell them to take the adamantium dragons to Fire Axe lands, the level above the forges to work with the dwarves as they are amassing troops. Destroy the lower tunnels now, King Fire Axe!"

King Heart Stone yelled back, "What about force protection to help us?"

Tallion looked at the map, "We have 73 other breaches we are attempting to seal on the surface! Half or less than of the reinforcements agreed upon are ready to be deployed from Human, Halfling, and Gnome lands. None of which have agreements with you.

Let alone Dwarven assets to help while you are being attacked. The Dragons are providing their share but they only have 4 very old or ancient adamantium dragons that they can deploy for effective underground activity vs Shadow Dragons. I can save most of your people.

I cannot save both Kingdoms with 75 breaches and only half of the promised forces. Your treaty only goes to us, not the dragons or the others. You have treaties between each other as well, including refuge in times of war.

I am calling upon those treaties as I have to prioritize assets and get them in place. We cannot afford to lose all of the dwarves in this world, Your Majesty. It is the one shot we have of saving you short of taking you all above ground and relocating both Kingdoms.

King Goldeagle and I have been working for years to get you both to sign into this Alliance. You both have thwarted our efforts at every turn. Decisions have a cost. We can only do so much. We will be deploying and helping where we can and how we can, Your Majesties."

King Goldeagle asked, "What would it take to save the Stone Heart Kingdom?"

Tallion sighed as he walked to the door, "Every Gold Elf we have from 80 to 700 years of age battle-ready and ready to deploy. You are the holders of the ancient Elven Magic to creating floating crystal Kingdoms. They might have a strategy to float the enemies back into the tunnels and save both kingdoms.

Else a time jumping spell, but Labelas Enoreth would likely have a fit about using time travel to save dwarves who are not a part of the Greater Alliance. We will need the dwarves in the years ahead.

THE BEST I can do is deploy assets where they will do the best good. King Fire Axe was prepared for destroying those tunnels and his people are 20 times larger in population than King Heart Stone's people. We have to seal the breaches to consolidate what limited forces we have available now.

We save lives first and land and kingdoms second. The lesson learned from the Gold Elf cities and the Avariel. We have no choice in this matter unless you have assets available, I am unaware of, Your Majesty."

King Goldeagle knew at that moment he was out of his depth. Clan Heart Stone had been a High Elf trading partner for years to the High Elves almost exclusively. They were smaller, yet they had always delivered.

No force protection treaties existed, only limited trade treaties with High Elves having to go there to get the material because dwarves wanted nothing to do with floating cities or being above ground if it could be avoided.

Clan Fire Axe was located much closer and 20 times larger. It was the right tactical call, but he still delayed Tallion's departure by asking those questions. Time was lives. He felt like the pretender on the throne after the warnings and nightmares he got from the Lady of Dreams just last night.

He was the placeholder in King. He went off to talk with his wife about what was going on. Then changed his mind to visit the other two wives. He would just fuck them instead while the forces invaded elven lands.

To try and feel like a real male while pounding them in the ass. Not as the coward, he knew he was and he wanted to ignore what was going on as he had no control over it. He didn't have a true understanding of battle or battle tactics.