Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His second wife, another widower twice over was Teresna from House Moon Stone originally who was a Battle Mage. She had borne children for 2 other husbands in both, House Moon Bow, and House Crescent Moon previously. They both died in the civil war.

Blonde-haired purple iris beauty with a solid C cup with just a slight teardrop form to them from her years as a mother. One child in each house, both males, then 3 more, all females from Tallion before she aged out to infertility at just over 300 years old being his eldest wife.

Both husbands had provided money to her for the children and from inheritances yet she was not wealthy, she was far more well off than most. Tallion had money from his father and a stipend from the Silvertree line in 'family profits,' less than a full Elven member would receive in the family but he was not concerned with that fact.

He also had his military pay and was financially secure, he could buy his home if it came down to it, without the aid of his wives. As it was, the Estate owned the property and they only charged him modest fees for the upkeep of the home.

It was part of the deal his Father put in place for how his son was treated. One of many homes owned by the family as they owned a lot of real estate in this city, among other cities as well. This home was just outside the main Estate.

His being a Field Marshal was considered prestigious in the new order, appointed by Corellon even made him more palatable. He could now visit the Estate to see his aging father if need be. He left most of that to his first and second wife. They had more time on their hands than he did with the negotiations still ongoing but did seek his counsel on occasion.

He had married a third wife 18 years earlier, Floraxxiana, or Flora for short. The other 2 wives insisted because they knew he was still fertile. Branina had an eye for finding wives. Yet this one was special; she was another Half-Dragon and a Gold Half-Dragon Moon Elf at that. Gold-colored scales covered her body with nearly D-sized breasts from childbearing.

Her exercise regime helped to keep them firm and her birth cycles were faster being a Half-Dragon so she was always lactating. Which the other wives found to be a turn-on along with the big breasts on her. Elven females were fascinated by large breasts and Elven males were typically put off by them.

Tallion did not care as he was a Half-Dragon and his hands still made them seem small. Flora was an enchanter and with the new restrictions on profits, she worked on special projects for the family mostly. She was home alone a lot with the children she bore. Roughly every 17-18 months. They had two cooks, a couple of female Wood Elf widows who were lovers and over 650 years old.

Then one nanny named Crisna a Half-Elf, who Flora fooled around with when the others were gone. It was all above board with the wives and Tallion. Branina saw her as a wife one day, but she was heavily into women and Flora in particular who she found exotic.

The first 2 wives had wanted a female Half-Dragon to share their bed with and to see him truly unload on a wife, they knew he held back on them. They got the show of a lifetime 8 times over and a 9th would soon be upon them. Flora had given him 12 more children thus far. Hybrid Half-Dragons. 9 girls and 3 boys.

Strong draconic blood and she would be cycling again any day now and 'in heat' for a 3-day sex rampage. The 3 ladies had been considering a fourth, an infertile cleric just coming of age named Vilmora Silver Flute. A talented cleric for their bed.

Also to protect them in the field as they were now in the military serving as Captains under their husband, both being arcane powerhouses. They had wanted a cleric with them in the field and Vilmora was an appetizing morsel to look upon.

While her father had claimed her, her mother was a Half-Elf who died in childbirth and this gave her a D-sized breast line and a bubble heart-shaped ass that put many male elven suitors off. Not Tallion or his wives. Elven males typically liked the more lith elven form better than a buxom female.

They had all talked with Vilmora privately over the last 5 years, she was more into women than men but open to marriage as he had been the only male suitor she had gotten. Tallion had agreed to marry this cleric who had come of age today after his conference.

Only if the final matters they were dealing with had been settled. Today was a make-or-break discussion point that both sides insisted upon resolving. He enjoyed talking with Vilmora. Yet, she was not officially an adult until today. Having a cleric at his back would not be a bad thing.

She would be required to go to the field within the week, given current recruitment requirements levied against the churches. She made for an ideal wife for a third elven wife. She was also a virgin, which would make her the second virgin in his marriage bed, with Flora being the first and wildest night of his life thus far.

---

Tallion had the patience of a dragon or a saint during all of these talks and he finally put forth his idea on the matter after all of the royalty and diplomats spoke before him and much prayer the night before, "We talk of these 2 items being mutually exclusive, and they are not. The knowledge of our champions and who shall lead this army for us all.

The majority of the land being protected is Elven by birthright. This Grand Field Marshal should be Elven and I will explain why I say this now. Agreements were reached to surrender large swaths of land to Humans and Dragons. More to the Halflings and Gnomes as well to expand farms and products which we all appreciate.

While we have only trade and minor protection agreements with the 2 Dwarven clans on this continent and we relinquished claim to any lands that should arise from the cataclysmic events that will unfold in roughly 70 years provided our human partners do not break away in the future.

With the exclusions of course to open up channels to existing ports if they somehow get landlocked for those of us with Naval forces. The Elven Naval Forces in particular. The relocation of cities may be a better option for humans depending on how this world will be transformed.

No race here has suffered more already than the Elven race. No race has sacrificed as much in given and lost lands, future lands, or in blood as the Elven people. Each Kingdom should have its own Field Marshal.

That we have agreed upon and we have been working with that. Yet, they cannot take action without going through a King, and for defensive reactionary efforts, that is unacceptable. To whom they will report is another matter. If you feel you have done or lost more, then step forward, and quantify the matter."

He paused to see if anyone would argue the points he made and nobody did. King Goldeagle seemed pleased by those arguments and was working a candidate list for selecting a Grand Field Marshals in his head, All High Elven Generals and Commanders. Tallion continued and interrupted his daydreams.

"We need one military leader to direct all of these defensive forces for us all. One who can see the ebb and flow of war across the world. Across the battlefield when they deploy to deal with a given threat and not just hide in a War Room.

The one who will make the hard calls, in what can be saved and what needs to be sacrificed. Sacrifices will have to be made to save lives over land. People can rebuild on other lands, getting lives back takes longer.

They are impossible to recover from an extinction-level event, like our Averial. Where the action should have been working evacuation. As it was the only truly sound solution instead of defending the indefensible position.

Even if it is the high ground, the Chromatic Dragons showed they can get higher than our best high ground. Even our Gold Elf population has learned that the hard way." King Goldeagle was not pleased with that statement at all. He would have to talk to Tallion later and put him in his place.

"I say this decision is not ours but the Gods. The Dragon and Elven Gods form the leadership of this Alliance as currently defined as the longest-lived of all the races in our Alliance. The Elven Champion the Gods put into place to fill this role should be first, at least initially."

The room was hit in blinding light and the sound of thunder as many Human, Elven, halfling, Gnome, and Dragon Gods appeared in the center of the room having pushed open the crowds of royalty and diplomates in their wake, Including Tallion who got knocked on his ass and nearly half-way across the room. Missing were the Dwarven Gods.

King Felldery Glitterwand of the Gnomes and King Inussan Surefoot of the halflings were out of the path of chaos and the first to take a knee at seeing their Gods among them and facing them. As everyone in the room got to their feet, they suddenly went to bend a knee to the Gods' present. The Gods they followed departed except for 2. Bahamut and Corellon remained.

Corellon spoke to them all, "The Gods agree there should be one Grand Field Marshal to rule over the others. To make the tactical choices in the heat of combat, especially when being the reactionary defensive force. The offensive forces should be agreed upon by the leaders when it is time to go on the offensive if one is doing it or a coalition, all of us or a part of us, from within is doing it.

The rough calls when on the defensive that will have to be made to bleed out on the battlelines or withdraw and surrender more land will have to fall to this new Grand Field Marshal. His choices will not always be popular. We suspect they will be tactically sound and for different reasons at times.

This is true of those who will follow in the centuries ahead and not just the first Grand Field Marshal but all who fill this role. They will spend a lot of time explaining their actions to the leaders in this room or future leaders and across communication crystals. When looked at tactically, you will likely find the only choice available was the choice that was made."

Bahamut spoke next to show unity, "A leader who works with your leaderships here in this room on a nearly daily basis for potentially thousands of years of a bloody war that is to come and will consume millions of lives. The first Grand Field Marshal over our combined Alliance forces should be a Half-Dragon. One who represents both sides of the 2 main factions in the Alliance."

Corellon continued, "Humans have them as do Elves, Halflings, Gnomes, and the Dwarves who are not a part of this fully just yet. The Dragons helped to create them and the Elves have benefited from them as well.

The Dragon forces available can be controlled by your Dragon Field Marshal. As can the other Field Marshals to a point, the oceans right now will require a united front to direct our combined security from naval invasion.

The placement and the decisions have to be made here by the Alliance and following these Grand Field Marshal's recommendations as though they are divine directions. Someone who will challenge Kings and Queens to do what is right at times. Not what is popular or desired by individual rulers.

They must also be a recognized champions on the field and willing to go into combat when and if needed. Which will be often. A Champion to one of the Gods who supports this Alliance. Tallion is not wrong, we are going to have one true military leader to stand for us all.

That means that one champion must be identified, not all champions have to be known, but if they are to fill this void, they will be chosen by the Gods as too much is at stake. With that said, from this day until his dying day, Tallion Silvertree is my Champion.

He is your first appointed Grand Field Marshal over the Combined Allied Forces. I have the backing of all the Gods you have witnessed here today as well as the Dwarven Gods when their people sign into this agreement as it will be spelled out in the Alliance documents. Tallion has led forces for over 150 years of constant warfare.

He has fought beside them and has earned their respect. Choosing a Half-Dragon to fill this crucial role, at least initially, makes perfect sense. It is a compromise I made to get past this initial problem.

We heard his prayers last night to both of us in this matter. As he outlined what this Grand Field Marshal has to be willing to do, at times, play god in the life and death decisions that are facing this world. When a new one is needed, hopefully far in the future, the appropriate champion will be identified.

Other elven and human champions are being identified now to their Kings or Queens of their lands if your Gods choose to make them known to your Kings and Queens. To my appointed King, the names of the Champions on the field will be made known to you soon.

They will be needed for the war has truly started. We all agree that they will need to stay in the shadows for now else become targets of our enemies. That is why they do not have to be known across the field, at least initially. Many will be revealed in actions or by direction."

Without another word, the 2 remaining Gods left the room in a clap of thunder that nearly deafened them all for a few seconds. King Goldeagle walked forward to Tallion Silvertree with Queen Goldeagle at his side. Tallion was still on a bent knee as the weight of this war was now fully on his shoulders.

He had not expected it to be placed upon his shoulders because of his mixed heritage. He had not specifically wanted that burden of those decisions either. King Goldeagle spoke with a shaking voice. Partially in anger at a Half-Dragon being made a Champion as it ruined his plans for putting a High Elf in that role.

He tapped Tallion on the shoulders with his sword, "Duke Silvertree, Knight Champion of Corellon. You are now the first Grand Field Marshal and Combined Alliance Commander of our defensive forces as decreed by the Gods. Keep us informed and give us the benefits of your wisdom.

Do your best to not only survive but to thrive for the sake of all of our people. Arise Grand Field Marshal Silvertree, Knight Champion of Corellon. Go and spend your night with your wives and we will see what tomorrow brings us as this World War has started in earnest."

Tallion stood and bowed to the Kings, "Duke Golden Sword, you have the watch."

The table now had almost a thousand crystals laid upon the world map. All on the northern continent. Half of them were backup crystals to those 3 or 4 rungs down in the local commands to be separated in case of another overwhelming attack.

Duke Silvertree waited almost an hour to get his new paperwork that would be needed, while General Golden Sword informed people via Crystal 10 at a time of who the new Combined Alliance Grand Field Marshal was, without calling him out as the Knight Champion of Corellon for now.

Trying to follow the wishes of the Gods. Tallion had a big enough target on his back if any were in enemy hands. They all had passphrases that corresponded to the lunar cycles of the 3 moons. The twins and the faster moving Darion's Moon that orbited the sky twice nightly at a closer range to the Planet.

It ran 45 degrees off-angle rising and then disappearing throughout the night compared to the twins' orbit. As best as Duke Golden Sword could tell word was being spread from the Alliance partners as well, though they referred to him as the Champion of Corellon when speaking with their Field Marshals and Admirals.

The Gold Elf over the fleet, Admiral Jernoma'via Golden Wand, was the most surprised of the group, "How was he chosen?"

General Golden Sword sighed, "By divine direction, not for dissemination. It will be learned soon enough he was made the Champion of Corellon in this very chamber. With over 40 Gods entering the room and throwing many of us out of the way with their appearance, including Tallion.

I was on the other side of the table dealing with activity as he spoke to the masses about who should make that choice. A room sealed from scrying and magical teleportation. Corellon agreed it was a compromise to set the first one as a Half-Dragon to bridge the divide between the dragons and the elves mostly.

Yet they all have Half-Dragons in their mix or contributed to that. His selection was not expected, even by him as he was advocating for an Elven Champion at that point to hold that spot. King Goldeagle would not even consider him for the role, even talking privately with me about taking it on.

I told him I would do so if called upon, but the best candidate was Tallion, even giving his mixed heritage. I could see it on Tallion's face. He was content enough leading the Elven contingent. Even stating it should be an Elf chosen by the Gods and made a Champion to the entire contingent.

Though the day I was made a Duke and a General should have been telling. Tallion warned the King against replacing experienced Generals and Admirals with Gold Elves who had no battle experience. We now have some and Tallion was right.

It would have been a mistake as no other has read the field or the wishes of Corellon the same way as he has. We had not been ready on day one and he took me under his wing, pun intended. He helped to train me to be his second.

Tallion knew the King's heart in this matter in regards to wanting the Field Marshal to be a Gold Elf eventually. He also saw to it that those with classes in tactical and battlefield command were appointed as attaches to existing generals or Admirals, including you.

Many died, including the Admiral you replaced, but those who have survived are better generals or admirals now for having gotten that training and experience. This will be a long and bloody war. One that will span the rest of our lives. Your job is to keep those stacked against us from the southern continent from arriving.

You're the last one I contacted. Tallion left a few minutes ago, I have the watch here until he returns. Keep us posted and inform the fleet without informing them he is the champion for now. The fewer who know it, the better for now. From divine direction is good enough."

Admiral Golden Wand sighed, "He has the weight of the world on his shoulders now. I've met with him a couple of times when in port. He is very commanding and large. He did not like being 'below deck' or in my quarters for long.

He had to hunch his nearly 7-foot frame over the entire time and walk through doorways sideways on my ship. Heavens forbid he wore heavy armor as he would get stuck in the doorways. We spent most of it sitting and talking. Looking over the maps and our patrol schedules.

Those bronze Dragon eyes were hard to read and his scaled skin made him stand out with his black hair. I should not be surprised he was chosen; he has been at this far longer than any of us thus far. I will pass the word and keep it discreet."

---

The Dragon contingent returned home and informed the others of what was decided and by whom. The Crystal Dragon King looked over, "I read this Field Marshals mind on several trips. He is honest, bound to his code as a Blade Singer, and takes his responsibility in spreading his draconic blood seriously. He prays to Bahamut and Corellon both at times, more to Corellon, daily in fact, because of his sword training.

He has 3 wives including another Half-Dragon, a half-gold dragon from the Gold Dragon King's royal line even. He will look to add a fourth though she happened to be infertile, a cleric to have his back in the field. He was open to a fifth if the Half-Elf ever makes the call as he did not pursue her. Half-dragons and Half-Elves not being counted as wives currently make that feasible. He moves from the War Room to the front lines all the time.

Bringing in reinforcements or additional aid where it is needed. He keeps a personal complement of 12 Battle Mages and Arcane Archers with him and 2 other clerics. They travel across the lands via teleportation a lot, even to the Dragon strongholds and to the forge rooms in Dwarven lands.

1...678910...12