Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

---

Vexxin 11th, 30,503 4th Age of Dragons

The One had Moradin before him and told him enough to get him fired up. "You will be killing half of my dwarves!"

The One shook his head, "You have them now. You refuse to seek outside aid to move them as you surrendered magic, I let you keep artificers who are a poor substitute to your sacrificed dwarven battle mages.

Deny fertility to the southern continent and let them die out, double, and make all your people fertile on the Northern content. By the time this event strikes you will not have lost your people in this conflict.

That is your migration plan. You will have moved them to where they are being born. Individuals you want to move, get onto ships in the final century, like the others. Because half your population exists on that continent, I am speaking with you first and separately.

You have choices. You have enough followers of your faithful to put 3 champions on the field, initially for this war. 400 years from now would be the right time to select them. This allows you to work the breeding for the best champion candidates you will ever have.

Dragonblooded infused Champions that are strong with big cocks, and fertility running ramped. If you're lucky they will be wise as you are. If not, they will make stupid decisions and become extinct. If your people are smart and align with Bahamut and Corellon's Elven people who will look to form this Alliance. Then your people will likely survive.

Most of yours will come from Gold Dragons that you respect. A few from Neutral Dragons will add to your psionic abilities if they are allowed or can survive. The interbreeding of dragons into your people will help your artificers' magical prowess, increase your people's strength, constitution, and fertility even more.

Embrace the dragons who come seeking you men and women for mating during this time. It is all to your benefit. Your survival beyond this world, when the end comes, will be after the dragons have left yet again. As they have done on hundreds of worlds.

Then it will be time for your people to enter the Alliance with the Elves if they accept it and listen to your words, potentially other races as well. If you even give them the words. Your people can be stubborn, even to you. That's right, it was part of your price.

Their stubbornness in most matters you requested for your people in becoming difficult and profitable trading partners. To be behind only the dragons in greed.

You would look to pull your followers' souls and leave the rest behind to die in what is to come. Unless the Elves find a solution to take you along.

If the Elves have gained the magic they need to get their people to safety. Else only those individuals who can escape the world to another plane are likely to survive, and that would likely include no dwarves on their own.

This world has less than 25,000 years of expected life left on it because of this move. You are looking at nearly 10,000 years of warfare, almost constant warfare or war planning. It will occur again in the 6th age.

The wars in the 6th age will have larger breaks in the fighting for a long time and not be World Wars constantly until the end. Not to be shared with your people or the other Gods. Some will know or figure it out. Darkness will fall as it has on so many worlds.

The Dragons will seed it into the human most likely, necromancy, and the Dragon God Null being a big part of its demise. Some of them will likely be needed to survive, but your dwarven numbers will be in the thousands by then and not the nearly 1 billion dwarves you have right now.

Your population will be extinct in this world or down to the thousands at the end. it depends on your people's choices, which have often been questionable here. It depends on how stubborn your people are in the end. Their greed may signal their downfall.

As it did when you made the bargain with me as the first to be the holders of the wealth of that world. You were the ones who harvested the material before humans and Gnomes who mine but at shallower levels overall. It cost you the majority of your arcane power. Also, them inheriting your greed and stubbornness in matters.

You did not care given the exception for artificers as they served many roles in all worlds going forward. This is information only for you. Not to be shared with others or your followers, beyond getting them to accept the Dragon's offers for mating and to eventually get an Alliance with the Elves when they work this Grand Alliance with the Metallics. If they are wise."

Moradin sighed and nodded, "I know, we did that deal and it has bitten me in the ass ever since. As have all the others that followed that path and I have witnessed them losing in the end on those worlds. It was costly, but I did it and have suffered the consequences. This is where you tell me I cannot stand in the way of this happening."

The One nodded, "Correct, you set this standard a long time ago as the first to make such a request of me. You were the first to request it, but not the last. The Elves have yet to make that request. All of the others have done this since then in another world trying to gain more for their people across worlds. Many at the same time for different worlds. They all lost more than they gained in the end.

I stated I would allow it once. It is repeating here and now. Most have regretted doing it. Correction, they have all come to regret it as IO will likely find out in his efforts. It is a balance and resetting the board has a cost that can span worlds like yours did and all of the others."

---

The One had Corellon before him. He did not give him all of the details of the meeting with IO, just enough to raise his anger, "My people will suffer from this deal! These Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Drow, Giants, Gnomes, and Halflings already have footholds within elven lands which was 75% of the lands of the world initially! This will cause the loss of hundreds of millions of my people!

The Dwarves are reluctant allies and 2 of their 'kingdom or clans' are on the southern continent. These humans are fickle at best and like roaches in how fast they breed! You call them 'civilized' and we both know that term barely applies.

The Dragonborn people are the same way and have hunted the Avariel to near extinction on that continent. The halflings are passive enough and we have decent relations with them. Mostly farmers as you know and the occasional thief or wizard.

Gnomes are physically ugly people and mostly passive but tend to have good hearts from what I have seen of my people's dealings with them. They have mages but more for performing illusions and creating gadgets that my people do find they enjoy. You know this will bring war and it will kill many of my followers and those of the other Elven Gods."

The One nodded, "I know. Moradin I met with separately. His dwarves will die out on the southern continent and he will increase fertility to the clans on the northern continent to balance his scales. Migration is not an option for them, not in great numbers anyway.

I also ensured your fertility rates will increase with the additional magical infusion from the Dragonblood given by incorporating Half-Dragons. I know it will happen again with the arrival of Dragon's Heart in 500 years as a part of the cost IO had to pay for this request. Dragon Hearts effects will wane for the elven people over time.

Your 'people' though are fractured and that remains your problem to resolve as your other Gods have not helped in making them united. One of your Gods works to keep them separate and you prefer them isolated, but the worlds never work out that way.

Your elves have extreme internal divisions in this world, more than any other world before it or currently going. You have Wild Elves who all have clan leaders, there are 49 of them currently who fight amongst each other and your other Elven species at times.

They do not relish arcana talent, seeing it as a weakness, except when it comes to enchanting martial weapons and potions. Gold Elves have their Queen but live in relative isolation and mostly in sky-based cities made of various crystals. Dealing with nobody including other 'non-high elves.'

The occasional individual dragon visitors and exceptions for trade with the dwarves for materials they need notwithstanding. The Moon Elves, their only King is without a wife or extended family. The Wood Elves have 14 'Kings' but they do not rule like Kings and are more like multi-clan societies.

A step above your Wild Elves. We could compare notes on being civilized between them and humans and you will find yourself lacking in many areas. You have 2 Wild Elf clans on the southern continent, and they are on the verge of elimination.

The Snow Elves have 11 clans, 3 on the southern pole that will be underwater. They abhor the ocean vessels and magical travel. Bards they tolerate. Other magical talents are driven off. Because fireballs on the frozen ice packs of the poles are dangerous to the tribes who fall into a migratory pattern to keep with 'The old ways.'

Yes, another shot at you humans and 'civilized comment.' The Avariel, winged elves, have 3 separate and small mountain Kingdoms, one on the southern continent and it is close to being wiped out by Dragonborn attacks. The Sea Elves have 2 kingdoms.

One in the freshwater landlocked ocean you have and one in the Deep Sea, which will only get deeper. They each have their ruler and live in isolation, even from each other in most cases.

Though they talk with other Sea Elves more often than others. I am not saying a millennium of non-contact or longer is unheard of. You cannot say your 'people' have less conflict within than with outside aggressors.

There is room on the northern continent for everyone. It will also grow with the shifting land masses to be far larger as I stated. This is a world-altering event. Even some of yours have gone 'dragon hunting.' Not to the numbers as the other races. They tend to stick to evil dragons, but not always.

Some go rogue, for power and money. You cannot deny this and you know your Ancient Magic is tied to Draconic Ancient Magic. The divisions were done back in the beginning. The dragons die out and the ancient magic would be lost to you either way.

I pull it from them, and I have to pull it from you at the same time. They did not get a date on when this would occur, but at the beginning of the 6th Age of Dragons when the Dragons bring a peace treaty amongst themselves is most likely when that magic will be lost to this world.

When the Dragons pull out of participating in the wars of 'mortals' including your Elves. At least until the agreement gets irrevocably broken. When the Dragons depart, I will consider some special exceptions to spells.

You will have many champions on the field in the coming centuries, I can see 5 initially but 1 will be both short and long-term. You will need that one for your Moon Blades as you have on other worlds. Your numbers decrease you will only be able to bring fewer and fewer of them into the fray. These relics will help to slow that descent and are a priority for you over the years ahead.

Relics will be the key to your power to keep Champions available while your population is lower than you would like it to be, but the numbers would be extremely limited. You will likely only be able to field 2 consistently at most after the 5th age ends. Maybe a third immediately if you can keep your population from suffering too much, or should I say your Champions do that.

Stored power in the hands of your followers is key to surviving and surviving beyond this world. To find a world without Orcs, Drow, Giants, or many others of your usual enemies is a possibility.

By the time the 6th age arrives, you will be working on restoring your power reserves for quite a while before putting Champions on the field again. Leaving your people to deal with invasive border skirmishes for centuries that eat away at your people and their remaining lands, hundreds of acres at a time.

Until you are forced to take a stand, and then to push back. Before you decide to bring Champions back in to aid your people in the 6th age. Look for those who are creative thinkers of their time. The other Gods will do so, things will escalate and your choice of champions in that age will need to be strong in martial combat.

Also, mental geniuses, extremely gifted physically, and with magic. Arcane and/or divine. At some point, gestalts will come into play. You won't intentionally start with them, those who could become them but are untrained to be gestalts, but some of your enemies will train them and bring them in their champions years before you and you will be forced to adapt.

I have given you more insight into this future because I know your people will suffer the most with this event and have the most to gain. More than IO in this action as his subjects have the means to escape when they choose. As do your Sea Elves.

You choose the right Champions and you will find you will gain that power. It is in many permutations, and a means to save your survivors. You will have to set a course long before then. You would be looking over every Champion you have had and settling on one family, or House if you will.

From which, most of your Champions are born going forward to narrow the skills and the breeding to obtain the most talented Champions you have had in any other world. History is not completely written for this world, and it constantly changes.

Thanks to IO's request sending it all into chaos. You could choose a different course, but those paths mostly lead to extinction in this world. Yet, your people are the most likely to get the talent needed to leave this world and continue through and to the end.

To find a world without Orcs, Drow, or many of your usual enemies is a remote possibility, but a possibility with the right Champions. An Elven Utopia by comparison. Much like the dragon's know how to do. If you take the advice, I am giving you.

As the only greater deity who has not tried to reset the board on a given world. I am offering you more in the hope you don't follow the others in that one-time gift, that cuts both ways and never works out to the requestor's advantage in the manner in which they expected. You have watched it hundreds of times and the requestor is often the biggest loser in the agreement.

Your people will potentially take allies with them, to increase their chances of success. It will require compromises, even from you, in order to succeed. Potentially at the very beginning in regards to your principles. I have ruled in this matter and it is final for this world."

Corellon knew he could not challenge a ruling already set in motion. It led to a goal he had contemplated but had no means of doing on his own. Here, The One, told him it was within his grasp for the first time. Now, he had to deal with informing the other Elven Gods of what was to come and get them to see reason. His first wars would be internal and bloody.

---

The One did a group meeting with Annam All-Father greater deity of the Giants who also had lesser deities for ogres under him, Gruumsh of the orcs, Yondalla the Greater deity for halflings, Garl Glittergold deity of the gnomes, and the other greater deities including the human one known as AO.

He simply told them, "The world of Tildar will pass through and partially collide with the Comet known as Dragon's Heart in 500 years. This will destroy the southern continent. I have spoken with a few Gods separately, but not all of you.

I am not taking questions. You each have asked, after the dwarves did this long ago, to have the world reset because of a disadvantage you perceived. This time it is the Dragon God IO who made the request and this is not to be shared with others.

I have allowed it for each of you and you each had a restriction that comes into play in every world this happens in as part of your deals, you can have no objections to the others. IO now joins that group in the future. You can inform your followers in 400 years that they can migrate off of the continent. Not before or I will sink the ships personally.

The storm giants flying Citadels are an exception as they travel everywhere already. As are the Cloud Giants flying fortresses who are few in numbers who live in complete isolation and number under 100 lives. Any mass migration will be picked up by me and dealt with swiftly and without mercy as I send them into the Deep. No questions. Be gone."

They were all sent away. He hated when these requests came in and he hoped Corellon would heed his advice. It was the only thing stopping the other greater deities from repeating this request in the future. They could try again if they had all had a turn at this well.

It always ended badly for the requestor but it did not stop the others from attempting to gain the advantage. IO did not choose his words as wisely as he feared. He left many holes to be exploited. He could not tell Corellon the fact the cycle would start over if he ever made the request.

The One always stacked the deck in those requests to make them sacrifice a lot to achieve what they thought they wanted. They all watched after the dwarves did it and they had now all tried to rig the system for their races except Corellon. Loth, before she fell, tried to do it behind Corellon's back.

The One denied her request as she was not a greater deity in a position to make such a request. He watched as it fractured the elven people to create the Drow as she was banished to the Abyss with many followers. He did not inform the Abyssal Lords at this point.

They had no claim on this world, even with Loth's presence they had no greater deities in play on this world, for now. Her people would likely try and migrate as Elves as a whole did not have that restriction, but they were more about killing each other more often than attacking others.

Most inherited Loth's fucking black heart of power and control over anything else. Especially in this world where she ruled over them all unchallenged. Having driven the other Drow Gods off.

Those who could have been allies from this world in the first age as she tried to do this world alone. Though, she could never predict a world reset being done on this world, and that pleased 'The One' to some extent.

---

Corellon Larethian had other Elven Deities. Only 12 others worked on this particular world and he called a meeting with Aerdrie Faenya, Deep Sashelas, Elebrin Liothiel, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Hanali Celanil, Labelas Enoreth, Naralis Analor, Sehanine Moonbow, Rillifane Rallathil, Solonor Thelandira, and Vandria Gilmadrith.

He told them what was coming and only part of the 'why' along with the restrictions they had in place. He left the Utopia part of the conversation out because he was unsure of how he could lead them to that.

He left it with IO had taken it directly to 'The One' separately. The decision had been made. The great arbitrator who just made a unilateral decision that affected them all but got the consequences set in yet another one-on-one deal.

Aerdrie was livid, "I have Avariel and Snow Elves who worship me on that continent! We have 3 clans of Snow Elves who will be forced to move to the northern pole. They abhor magical travel.

One Kingdom of Avariel is under attack by Dragonborn. Let us not forget about the 2 tribes of wild elves who remain and are under constant attack by human and Dragonborn aggressors along their borders. We are to abandon them?"

Fenmarel spoke with just as much anger, "The One is telling us to forgo isolationism and accept a new world order. You know I cannot support that."

Corellon looked across, "Fenmarel, you have taken isolation too far when you are isolating our people from each other! Some of it is expected, not the division we have now! Isolation from other races was your assigned goal, not all of our own from others as well.