Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Moon Elf Admiral over the fleet we do not control as of yet. He is a member of House Full Moon and sitting neutral until the land conflict is resolved. Patrolling the borders for known enemies to all of the elven people, Your Majesty."

The King looked down at Tallion, "That leaves me no place to put in Gold Elf Generals or Admiral. Some will have to be reassigned and demoted."

Tallion sighed, "Your, Majesty, that would be a major mistake. You want Gold Elf Generals, then pair them up with the existing Generals and the Admiral first as an attache. Learn the conflicts and the players on the ground and the ocean.

Your Gold Elf Generals might have some battle experience with Dragons if they stayed to fight them. Else, they likely have no battle experience at all. When war hits from the outside and underground you will have 50 or more different fronts that we will be facing.

There is room for GoldElves to be Generals and Admirals, but first, they must learn what they are facing. Part of that is winning the minds and hearts of the elves they lead. Regardless of the races, the troops will be made up of a cross-section of elves on the ground.

There will be no regiments or ships by race in the wars Corellon described. We will be plugging holes with assets into the existing dams for centuries. Race be damned, it will rely on individuals with skills who can get the confidence and rally troops. Our Generals engage in combat. Even myself as your appointed Field Marshal, when a particular line gets heated.

I come in with reinforcements and help to keep this city safe. We start with a small circle. The battles for this Capital and the throne. The search and rescue efforts, and the diplomacy that we have been directed to explore by Corellon.

Corellon is testing you, Your Majesty. Why else would he put a Half-Dragon in front of you in the very beginning as your appointed Field Marshal? If not to ensure you follow his direction. Not to try and turn the battlefield into class and species warfare which he just declared he did not want. He wants this civil war to end to deal with the external threats, Your Majesty."

Queen Brandella Goldeagle, the first Queen and true holder of power she realized, looked at her husband, "He is correct. I should also sit in on these meetings as if anything happens to you I will be forced to lead until our only child, and son is of age to assume the throne.

Also when I believe him to truly be ready for the responsibility. He will have years or centuries of training ahead of him to adapt to this new world order. Else I would lead the people for centuries if you are gone and I am needed.

That means getting your only son in the Academy here and now, even at his age to begin to learn diplomacy and tactics now. Until the age of examination is reached to find where his talents lay."

Tallion glanced at her, "Double the instructors. Your Gold Elf Arcanes have the experience to run the classrooms now. It is your strong suit and nobody challenges that. Run the Academy in shifts, day and night until we have more structures. Use your talented casters to teach the masses, including Mythic and Ancient Magic to those who progress to that point.

Before you ask, I am a trained Grand Master Blade Singer who trained 3 other Half-Dragons until named a General. I am 160 years old with another 5 centuries or more ahead of me, Corellon willing. I trained them at times with them fighting beside me on the front lines because they shifted under the leaders of that day.

I rose through the ranks with combat skills over the last 131 years. I was already the leader of this city's Alliance defense forces. I have a strong grasp of tactical skills and some diplomacy. I am the arm of your military might right now as directed by Corellon. As a Blade Singer, you know what Corellon's words would mean to one within the order, Your Majesty."

King Goldeagle did not like it but he lined everyone up who had their elders present. He made all 10 present Gold Elf family members Dukes or Duchesses, before making the 4 major, and 27 minor Moon Elf houses hereditary barons or Baronesses.

Corellon sent the King a message in his head, "You are one step away from being removed. Those 10 Gold Elf Dukes and Duchesses better get conscripted into the army and assigned to 10 existing generals for training now. I don't care how old they are. Husbands and wives.

I made my position crystal clear! Tallion warned you as well, quite eloquently in fact. You were warned in front of them all. They can renounce the title and become barons and baronesses as they should have been in Gold Elf society, or they can go to war now!

All Gold Elf houses are held to the same standards as Moon Elf houses for now. Your wife is getting this message as well, in case she has to rule in your stead. I am strongly considering that option. Do not test me further!"

King Goldeagle sighed, "Now the 10 Dukes and Duchesses will be assigned to train under an existing army general and going into combat. Both husbands and wives unless you have young children. Else you can renounce and be a hereditary Barons and Baronesses instead, like the other houses.

I have received guidance from Corellon directly. He cares not for your age, only your ability to serve on the front lines. I am being tested with every decision it appears. I have been given my only warning in this matter it seems. Tallion was apparently right in this matter. I will constantly be tested in matters."

9 of them renounced and became Barons and Baronesses. Only Duke Golden Sword still stood and was widowed and infertile by age. One looked up, "Your Majesty, I am Frilionus Golden Magic and I would like to serve, but in your Academies. To work to bring it up to our High Elf standards as we have no idea as to how far down these 'academies' are from that.

I was head of the Arcane Academy on Glisnara before I retired last year and then was forcibly removed by the local Duke when the attack occurred to the city. I still have my books, if we are going to teach Ancient Magic to the others, then I could work to make that happen."

King Goldeagle made him a Count and looked at Tallion, "Follow his suggestion. Get as many talented High Elves into the Academies, all 22 of them. Split them into separate day and night shifts, an equal number of instructors on each shift who are High Elves.

Where these new Barons and Baronesses should be working to remain out of the military. Begin testing any young or getting them assigned to the right group, including the churches. Also, every Half-Dragon we have if not already in the Academy.

All Blade Singers from the High Elf city who are not Grand Masters will be conscripted into the military for service. The Grand Masters will take on a new student each if they do not currently have one unless a General or above.

Else be conscripted. A Master Blade Singer in the Military who becomes a Grand Master can temporarily retire his commission to train another Blade singer in keeping with the code. If they choose another it will be considered on a case-by-case basis as we will need more of them for what is to come. Older Grand Masters who choose to train will be allowed to do so continuously. One at a time. I do not care if it is a Snow Elf or a Half-Dragon.

Train the best for what is to come. Family Elders will work that. All male High Elves younger than 600 years of age are conscripted into the army. Females with no young at home as well. Those older must find teaching positions that I outlined or join the military unless they are enchanters working the war effort for little in pay.

No Arcane or Alchemical Enchanter price gouging will be allowed, no more than 5% over cost while we are at war, At least within Elven society. Our allies will pay standard rates to the Crown to generate revenue for this prolonged war. The only exceptions currently are enchanters, craftsmen, and smiths.

For those who will work to bring our talents to bear in the war to come. Also farmers and hunters for our food. Those few with no combat talents will work as servants where needed, including any impures of Half-Elven abominations bred from humans.

Work with Baron Moon Blade on what his family produces, those that fight will fight. Those who are craftsmen and women will remain behind to build what we need. I am setting the minimum age of mandatory service at 80, which gives 5 years to start having children unless infertile.

Then it will be 75 years of age this is for all from Half-Elves to High Elves. I should say 25 years for Half-Dragons and 20 for other Half-Elves from human abominations in our lands. Everyone heard of the marriage requirements from the Gods themselves. We need it recorded by scribes and then sent out. Tallion, show my wife and me to the War Room."

Tallion looked over at the Gold Elf Duke, "Duke Golden Sword, would you please join us. Count Frilionus Golden Magic, start with this city's Academy only. Hold on to the others until we have united them. No sense in sending other Gold Elves to their death until we have united the Moon Elf cities. Please delay that action."

The Count looked at the King who nodded, "The Field Marshal is right. One city at a time. We don't need our High Elves killed in the transition."

Duke Golden Sword nodded as they went out and then Tallion did a teleportation circle to take them in front of the Royal Palace. Tallion looked at the mix of guards, "Contact your House Elders. This civil war is coming to an end by the direction of Corellon and the Lady of Dreams.

King Goldeagle will be working to assign additional guards. He was crowned by Corellon himself. We are headed to the War Room if anyone has questions, send them to their elders outside of the Academy, or at their homes. They have all sworn fealty to our newly appointed King."

The guards sighed and bowed to the new King and his Queen who joined them. They walked past as Tallion pulled out a bandolier of multicolored crystals from a bag of holding. He had 42 of them as he pulled one out. King Goldeagle asked, "Why so many crystals?"

Tallion sighed, "Well, 2 of them go to my 2 wives, I have 8 elven children. The other 40 go to different locations, the Arcane Academy here, the 4 Moon Elf Elders who ran our council if you will before this, and 33 for the war fronts. 16 active. Some went silent after the attacks. That was why I stated you would have 50 war fronts at least in the coming years. Not counting the Drow attacks that will come, Your Majesty."

He pulled a second and activated both of them, "Just got out of the meeting, the good news is I am the Field Marshal in charge of our forces. The other news is Corellon and the Lady of Dreams arrived to put an end to the civil war. They crowned King Goldeagle. They want a united front. I am with them and we can discuss this when I get home."

He heard them both sigh as Branina spoke, "We are together. We are at the Estate now and the Elder just dropped the news on the family. We will talk when we get home and you do as well."

Queen Goldeagle looked perplexed, "You do not live on your family estate?"

Tallion sighed, "Not since becoming an adult. My father had a romance with a female bronze dragon that produced me. She moved back to dragon lands, I was her last Half-Dragon child. My father raised and claimed me as per the direction of the clerics, by Divine direction.

Winning the minds and hearts of the Elder and the rest of the family has been a long struggle, even with my position in the military. I have a home owned by the family but outside of the estate. My children are all in the Academy or adults. My wives are beyond the years of conceiving now.

They are welcomed on the estate, more so than I am. They were older than most when we married. Widows of the war. With the last of them entering the Academy and the new directions, they will be with me in the field as part of my contingent going forward, Your Majesty."

Tallion called inside, "Unseal the War Room."

Two guards stepped out and the double doors opened. They saw the crowns and bowed automatically. Tallion looked at them, "Give us the room."

They stepped out and he hit the third crystal, "Diplomatic crystals. This room is shielded from teleportation, the walls of this palace are constructed of a material to help with that as well. I don't trust something teleporting in from below. They could never answer if the floors were the same material. The builders are long dead. As this is a first-floor room, I wanted the extra protection.

Another blocks all scrying, and the third blocks and seals all doors, and blacks out windows. The one I just activated. This large table in the center is the world as we know it today. King Silver Crown informed his advisors that there would be a coming event that would likely destroy the southern continent.

Down here toward the end we have a table for our current 'civil war' if you will. You will note the 33 lines, 17 of which went silent with the destruction of your floating 'High Elf' cities. Explosions were called out, Your Majesty."

King Goldeagle nodded, "My retired father stayed behind as we evacuated. Once we were gone and the others who could teleport out had done so they waited for dragons to land. I was in communication with my father.

He stated at least 50 dragons landed on the city with another 50 above or below it from his scrying device before he set off the self-destruction on the city. I cannot say for sure how many died, but a lot of them."

Tallion pointed, "74 from that location found on the ground. A hundred or more badly wounded before they gated out of the area. Metallic Dragons came in the dead of night and with numbers and removed the dragon bodies, at least the big pieces. The city of Dishrina was unfortunately below it at the time and leveled by your city's destruction. The forces we had in place went in and looked for survivors. They did not wait long enough.

They lost over 10,000 men as the area was strafed with Chromatic Dragon breath weapons in mass. They found some, but it was the second city to fall. Queen Golden Crown was over water at the time, mostly. She moved the city away from its normal location.

They followed, and every arcane fought to the last. She destroyed the city over the Deep Sea, caused tidal surges and destruction to the human ports at Avlora. They estimated over 200+ dragons got caught in the first trap she sprung.

They likely had so many still in the area attacking and flying on the second city because you still had casters attacking in mass. Thousands died from the reports we got when the city was purposely destroyed.

Thousand of 'High Elf' bodies rained down over the area or parts of them did. The dragons roasted that port city as well. They not only strafed us but humans as well, our first likely human allies will come from there. Death toll over 100,000 from our spies in human lands. Tiamat's entourage was more cautious after that about the city being destroyed.

12 cities and roughly 700+ ancient dragons died, almost 25% with the first 2 cities. with 154,000+ Elven and Half-Dragon lives lost which we can confirm. The numbers are likely much higher as Corellon alluded to. It bought a cease-fire on all fronts because of the dragon attacks but that will expire soon, Your Majesty."

Tallion pulled out the rest of those crystals on active war fronts and activated them all. "This is Tallion Silvertree, General over the Elven Capital's forces and now Field Marshal over the Elven Force. To all our troops. Send a messenger to the opposing camps. Inform them that King Goldeagle was crowned by Corellon just hours ago.

Corellon wants this civil war to come to an end. As we have all seen, we have outside enemy aggressors. If they do not believe the messengers, get their clerics for the Lady of Dreams to confirm the facts.

Else any other cleric who has divination to validate the claim that Corellon has crowned a new King to unite the people. He is working to unite our people for the war ahead from outside forces. All Elders are invited to be teleported from our camps to the Capital.

This will allow you to meet with the King and swear fealty to him to end the constant bloodshed. Any Blade Singer who ignores this order will likely find they will have to atone. Another indicator that the Gods have spoken on this matter. Any questions? Be informed the King is standing beside me in the Palace War Room."

He got 16 confirmations as those crystals went dark. Tallion worked on the other 17 and found 5 of them were cracked. He marked the map locations for those. For the other 12, he got responses, 3 of which he started conversing in draconic.

Only after they failed as the password he had established for them. He marked those locations as well as being hot zones. They would need forces to look for survivors. Though it was unlikely to have any unless they captured the crystal and missed the survivors. He destroyed those 3 crystals.

Tallion looked over, "This is what we have to work with currently. I have 184 teleport location circle locations I could use to get to these locations and others. Not permanent ones, just places I visited and memorized the locations along with those in my detail.

Including both northern Dwarven strongholds with 8 locations in each of them. All 9 human cities, but only to the main gate while polymorphed. I would need to sleep and study to travel again today. It depends on where you want me and how those locations respond. Those 8 locations are hot, those could be traps, Your Majesty."

King Goldeagle sighed, "I need you everywhere it appears."

Queen Goldeagle looked at him, "Deal with the incoming elders first. We need royal guards who are Gold Elves as well. Having a Half-Dragon or Half-Dragons present for this would be a good idea in this matter. Stop the active fronts. Let him send others to work more support troops to the other locations to find survivors and spread the word."

King Goldeagle nodded, "That would be best. I want him here with the negotiations, start with the metallic dragons as well in just over a year, not long to clean up this mess. I have a feeling that will be a difficult matter to arrange."

Tallion sighed, "Your Majesty, That could go good or bad. We are not exactly looked upon favorably in either society, yet I am your appointed Field Marshal from the Gods and that might earn some support."

---

Queen Goldeagle was fascinated by these Half-Dragons and Tallion's 7-foot tall frame was the largest one of them she had ever seen. When he kneeled before them his head was just below their chins and he was one and half time as wide as any other elf. Solid muscle, based on those massive arms, legs, and body.

Then the pants he wore left little to her imagination. She had heard Half-Dragon's were hung but it ran down his left leg for a good 8 inches or more. She had spotted a few other half-dragons dresses similarly in this city. Most seemed smaller, but not by much, an inch or 2, and much wider than a traditional elf.

She knew she wanted Half-Dragon bodyguards, and if the King died, she would likely look to get one into her bed to get more Dragonblood into her royal line. Potentially a Royal Consort. She would work to commission armor usable by Half-Dragons for their new Field Marshal and these new bodyguards and possibly more in her future bed.

She knew her weak, cowardly, and bisexual husband would be off fucking his other wives or his male cousin over the coming days in his rise of power celebration. He had given her a son on the wedding night.

Afterward, he only fucked her in the ass on the few nights they spent together. Just to keep up appearances in the house of this boy Duke's grandfather. Now 'a King' in name only as she knew the power laid with her children. His other wives had more children, all girls, and all ineligible to the throne by decree of the Gods.

1...34567...12