Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Even within the races with the Wild Elves being a perfect example! We have to be able to come together when conflict threatens us all or the single arrow breaks, while the quiver full of arrows stands together when bent.

Deep sighed, "The sea Elves will continue in isolation. They have their own enemies, large population bases, and the means to travel to and live on the plane of water."

Corellon looked over, "Yet they should know when to call for aid, Deep. The Wild Elves, we could establish circles with the Avariel acting as a conduit to them, though they live in isolation as well. Also, the Snow Elves, to get them off of that continent. Ignore it or not, go or not is a choice of the people to live or die.

Aerdrie this is your job to work with Fenmarel and Solonar. Work through your clergy and druids as we need to keep this quiet for now. Aerdrie, I am assigning you dominion over fertility for all our Elven Races in this world and the others.

You will likely lose the most in these events. You will not fall if races who worship you are all gone from this world, as you will be worshiped by many Elven races in this world. I need worshipers of all Elves turning to you for a reason. I cannot afford to lose you in this conflict. I will need a Champion from you to eventually create Moon Blades yet again.

That one is to be held as a hidden Champion from even our own people, King's, Champion, and other Deities. I know it is a sacrifice, but your people are the key to those swords and their numbers on this world would not support it without power from the others.

You will see this occurs soon. The process for these blades is still our most guarded secret. The others will inform their clergy about what is to come with this Comet. New clerics will arise from this action for you.

Deny fertility to those who choose to stay behind. Better to have children being born in lands that will exist. Your Avariel will work to get them to this one continent and they could continue to work in isolation but support the greater whole.

I am not demanding your withdrawal from this world Fenmarel as I would prefer us isolated, but as a people in totality. NOT from each other and even within our races! Now is not the time for internal isolation if our people are to survive, that time will never exist.

This will force us to accept external allies because you have taken it way too far. This will likely continue until this world ends and because of the depths, you have gone to create these fractures. The problem we have right now is we have too many leaders and not a single representative for our people to work through."

Sehanine Moonbow, the Lady of Dreams, entered the fray, "You want a united elven people!? It would have to be under the Moon Elves! The Wood Elves have 'Kings' in name only, and no Diplomatic Service to work with. The Wild elves are complete isolationists, even within their own clans or tribes as you have pointed out.

As are the Snow and Sea Elves. But the Sea Elves are united in 2 areas as followers of Deep in two separate areas of the world. He has kept them from fracturing further. The Gold Elves are working to rebrand themselves as the 'High Elves' of all Elven society!

The arrogance, decadence, and corruption in those Elves need to be addressed! They are off being isolationists from all but a few trade agreements with other Elves or Dwarves here and the occasional individual Dragon visitor. Even more of Fenmarel's work!

He should field no champions in this world for the problems he has caused all of the Elven people. He would simply have that champion work to undermine your efforts! The only one who has experience working diplomacy with Humans, Dwarves, and Dragons in numbers is King Montillia Silver Crown and his Diplomatic Service!"

Corellon looked over, "Another round of civil wars will come. We will lose hundreds of millions of elves before this world comes to an end. We could save millions or tens of millions.

Not the 1.4 billion elves we have now on the surface world or the 1.2 billion in the oceans. We have been idle long enough. I agree, Fenmarel will not be fielding champions in this world, as it would be counter to our path forward in uniting our people.

His penance for fracturing the Elves even further on this world than his mandate allowed for. When this world ends, he will go off and focus on being more responsible in his actions with our other worlds. Centuries of war will come from outside aggressors.

Champions will be denied to others who work against getting our people united as we are now forced to work within these coming Alliances because of his efforts going too far. We can field 4 others, Vandria Gilmadrith, Sehanine Moonbow, and Solonor Thelandira will field one, as well as mine.

The other 3 or 4 will be dependent on who I select next as champions fall and who has the worshipers to field the next one. I will work to always keep a Champion on the field if the power supports it during this prolonged Dragon War that is to come.

Then after this Great Dragon War, we will have to recharge for a while before starting again in the 6th age and beyond. Likely 2 or fewer in the later stages of the 6th age and beyond, but we can hope for 3.

Based on population, relics, and the ability to get one who falls replaced if needed. We can handle only 5 now as we will work this surface war they will all be on the surface only. In the 6th age, only my Champions and those of Vandria Gilmadrith will be on their field unless we can support 3.

Then Solonor Thelandira and Sehanine Moonbow would alternate if that is even possible, given the destruction coming. Champions would be seen for wars and Vandria Gilmadrith and I are both better suited to field the right champions for wars and lengthy conflicts.

Houses, clans, villages, races, and cities will be lost. When our people are united, for the most part, we will be looking for Champions for as long as our population can support it through this 5th age,

We all know Queen Ellinsa Golden Crown would never willingly surrender her control. She is one of our most talented Arcane casters ever with a large family she keeps close, but she is decadent and careless. King Silver Crown has yet to marry and is currently the last of his line.

Building a house back from one takes time and he has delayed marriage for almost a century. He gets killed by someone and we are talking about a lost house and a divided Moon Elf community on which House should take over as that one carries the Royal line.

A civil war in the making is likely as power grabs are already in play in the Moon Elf community and you know this. We should let them play out for now and let our people decide a course from which to start with. Send all of these Kings, Queens, and other leaders a dream warning of what is to come, my wife.

Most of our arcane magic, which we defined as 'Ancient Magic,' is held by the Gold Elves. Some by the Moon Elves. We have magic users in every race if they did not refuse the gift of magic, as the wild and snow elves have done because of their Gods' attitudes toward me.

Before the Ancient Magic is lost, we need to spend time harnessing it into relics to maintain more power in the centuries ahead to aid our followers to maintain our ability to field champions. Weapons and gear of great power.

Aerdrie Faenya, we both know Moon Blades will be the key and what those blades require. Hence my demand of you. It does not help that arcane talent is wasted or simply untrained in Wild, Wood, and Snow Elf communities. That will have to change to some degree in all of them.

We have 500 years to work to move them. Less isolation can be tackled later. Uniting our people to the northern continent needs to come first. Getting them off of that sinking continent is our priority. This is happening, whether we like it or not."

---

IO had a similar conversation with the other Dragon Gods. He ordered all of their followers to relocate to the northern continent. The Neutral dragons were the smallest contingent upon this world. Numbering under 5,000 across species.

Their God, Sartior, sent direction to consolidate into the Dragon's Refuge, a massive untapped valley in the northern continent with plenty of game. It was just on the edge of Elven territory and not used by any race, though the elves claimed half of that valley along the North-Western edge.

He was generally hands-off in his approach to his followers. Still, isolationists from non-gemstone Dragons. The location would be central to the northern continent. The location could house them safely with numbers and variety.

The neutral dragons would isolate themselves from the others and work to stay out of the upcoming Wars. Yet be available to broker this peace when it came about. That was the goal, as neither the Metallic Dragons nor the Chromatic Dragons saw them as a 'great' threat.

Without Alliances, individual Dragons from other species would not enter that mental fortress. True motivations would be found quickly and painfully if several of these psionic masters got into their heads.

As to the 50% Half-Dragon rules, they would tackle that with rings of polymorph or other magic. The male population for the most part while protecting the younger females when the time came. As they found out, even they would be required to participate in the spreading of their knowledge from IO's direction.

That translated into Sartior's directions. He would ensure almost two-thirds of the dragon young were born male as many would die in other lands while filling this requirement. Some would stay longer to help those communities to master new talents.

Otherwise, he planned to stay hands-off except to ensure local leaders followed the demands of IO. Worse came to worse, his dragons could escape to other planes of existence to save and isolate themselves from this world. Yet, some would have to remain to bring this war to an end.

It was another option for some on the southern continent that he left open for now. The increased fertility in the Dragon population was another matter, he wanted them to stay for that at least.

IO spoke with Bahamut separately, "You know the Chromatics approach to Half-Dragons. They will throw a lot of their population against other races by force to create more foot soldiers, their method will kill many. While half is required, you should consider more who are willing to keep the field closer to balanced."

Bahamut acknowledged his statement and went off to ensure those words were passed back to all of the Dragon Kings and Queens and why 50% was not high enough. Some of the females would have to look to support this as well. At least 50% of them he decreed with all of the males.

---

The Abyssal lords were not contacted directly but were informed of the strange activities on the southern continent. Including a major earthquake that ran a 200-yard wide fissure through half of the middle of the continent and destroyed thousands of buildings. Loth, The Spider Queen and primary ruler over the Drow, was especially concerned.

She had over half her population in caverns below that continent, 800 million of 1.4 Billion Drow working the slave trades. Many routes were destroyed and backup routes through hostile lands had to be used.

Taking in humans, dwarves, and Dragonborn by the hundreds. It was a veritable feast of slave activity. When her people attacked the Wild Elves, they tended to fight to the end or draw them into deeper woods and trap them.

Loth got very few elven slaves from there or anywhere. She could sense that her lands were in trouble and from a higher power. She had no direct line of communication with 'The One' unless he summoned her. He spurned her request because she was a lesser deity that he did not talk with unless arbitration on something was needed.

Her fall to the Abyss made those conversations rare and never heartwarming. She assumed it was part of a plot by Corellon to weaken her hold and her numbers. She worked quickly and quietly and set up teleportation circles from the southern cities to the northern cities. She left the infighting to them.

She would work with the strongest that survived those wars. Then work to strike back at this silent attack by Corellon. She assumed it had to be him, given the losses of his people on that continent.

The slaves would be transported underground via miles-long tunnels there were not under Drow's control. She had thousands of them but wanted them to suffer, especially any elven or Dragonborn slaves she had captured on that continent.

She had 2 Avariel slaves, winged elves that were recently captured, both males. They would die soon enough. Captured by Dragonborn and sold to the Drow for a hefty premium. She wanted them dissected to understand how they were gifted with flight.

Something that occurred after her fall from grace. The answer she found as she stood herself over their corpses. They inherited it from Solar ancestors. Another reason to hate the winged elves.

She consumed their bodies to taste the remnants of Solar blood in these creatures she had not tasted in many millennia. She told her followers nothing, except, "They were fitting tributes to me. You find any more bring them here and inform me. Keep them alive and I will be back to devour them."

If she had not been in such a hurry and knew, she would have simply bled them for centuries and drank their blood before consuming them. She knew it now. She thought to herself, 'On any world in which the Avariel live now my followers know I consider them prized offerings. The raw power in their celestial touched blood...'

---

Vexxin 1st, 30,907 4th Age of Dragons

Less than a hundred years before the arrival of the Comet Dragon's Heart and the last dragon deities to bring Avatars onto this world occurred. Tiamat was the only Chromatic dragon deity that had yet to unleash his avatar onto this world.

While champions were uncommon, Avatars were physical representations of the given God, on the material plane that could go anywhere and engage in battle across the lands on a given world. This was allowed only once for each of them.

They did not go after other dragons directly this time, initially. Instead, he amassed a force of 1,000 ancient dragons to follow him into glory 200 of each color. Their targets were the Elven Crystal cities of the High Elves. Destroying lands filled with elves in-between and below these monstrosities to High Elf's arrogance.

All 12 Crystal cities were destroyed as were the 2 remaining mountain fortresses of the Avariel on the Northern Continent. Aerdrie Faenya had her people's history and collection of artifacts moved under her church in one of the Moon Elf cities after Correlon's warning and centuries before.

The Moon Elf Capital had a temple to her and all of the Gods of this world. Some Dragonborn took the last of them on the southern continent, killed or sold them as slaves at Tiamat's behest.

All before Timats horde turned their attention to the neutral dragons that he saw as an easily extinguishable threat. He could turn this into an unending war or one that when peace came, the results would favor his Chromatic Dragons by keeping their numbers small.

He would bend them to his will or destroy them in this world otherwise. Many fled to the outer planes to save the young. This forced Bahumut and Sartior to respond in kind at the Dragon Refuge. They brought their Avatars onto this world together. Tiamat lost most of his forces in the fighting with the Elves, but 174 had remained. Many of them, still bloody from the rampage.

The battles waged there for over a month as the Valley of Refuge became known as the Dragon's Waste, with most blood lost to the 511 psionic dragons who entered into the fray and died with the metallics amassing a force of 200 ancients to help in the response.

The Avatars keeping their followers from getting exhausted from the fighting and aided in mass healing. It was bloody and brutal, Sartiors Avatar fell with Tiamat's Avatar during the battle. Bahamut flew off alone and struck chromatic strongholds one after another himself until his avatar finally fell.

The last of the Avatars for this world had been played, unless a direct challenge from the Abyss or divine challenges occurred and then they could all walk the lands once more in a brutal battle with all of the Gods on the field at once. That would have to be at least 1,000 years in the future at a minimum.

For those 3 deities anyway. Gods could visit their lands and be invited into allied lands to talk or work together, but no war between the Gods as they would be picked up upon by 'The One.' Gods could strike down enemy followers in their lands only for certain reasons.

One happened to be if a threat to a God or Goddesses planned appearance on the world and then only in lands held by the worshiping Deity. But when avatars went into play, the costs were steep, especially for the elven people this time as the Gold Elf population was heavily decimated.

The Avariel were effectively wiped out or extinct. The few who survived were on the southern continent and under siege helping in the migration, not enough to sustain their population, they would become extinct, they only had a few who had left their mountain fortress to aid with the teleportation circles.

In the end, only one Avariel returned to the ancient Elven fortress, she waited in silence in the hopes others would return. The first floating Gold Elf city lost was held by House Golden Crown.

Their Queen refused to back down and fought to the last elf by divine direction. Dealing significant damage to the invading forces and destroyed the city while evacuating relics and other highly prized magical gear from the city to her Granddaughter's house for safekeeping.

She was under orders by Corellon himself not to back down against the attack and to move her city over the ocean and outside of Elven lands. It wiped out house Golden Crown in the process, putting the Gold Elves as refugees in Moon Elf cities initially.

The last and only Golden Crown who no longer bore that family name was the first wife of Uniralis of House Goldeagle. His wife's former position, she was the sole holder of her family's treasury of magical items and artifacts, and his strong and large family vacated the High Elf city as the attacks began.

They helped to ensure the protection of his wife's legacy left in her care alone. That ensured he was the most powerful male Gold Elf remaining and the logical next King to the Gold Elf people.

Something he never thought was likely being a near failed alchemist with little in the way of diplomatic or battlefield skills that appeared to be needed. His marriage was one of convenience for power to his first wife, he had added 2 others who were more to his liking as he lusted after them and a male cousin of his.

All were more decadent and wild in bed. He did his duty and gave his first wife by generating one son to become heir, otherwise, he did not share her bed often. When he did he typically just fucked her in the ass for being put into a loveless marriage of her designs on him.

Letting his seed be displayed on their bed to show he 'tried' to get her pregnant when in fact he cared nothing about giving her more children. Generally, he found children to be a pain in the ass and kept them away from him. A necessary evil to a point.

---

King Felldery Glitterwand of the Gnomes had a few people, including one of his sons killed in Avlora when it was attacked, his daughter-in-law managed to teleport out with the children before the flaming shop collapsed.

Lauris looked to the King, "Chromatic dragons is what they are saying. Tiamat on the prowl and destroyed a High Elf city. It must have been 1,000 dragons in the air or more with him. The sky city was moving like it was trying to run from then and then it exploded. The shock wave sent me on my ass and I ran inside to Blinar.