DragonsDoom

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"From that time forward, not a single queen or queenrider was injured. However, two of their guardian dragons were not so fortunate, and lost their lives in protecting those golden beasts. We honor their sacrifice and will forever hold and honor them in our memories. There is little we can do to reward the courage of these young men and women but to acknowledge their effort and express our gratitude and that of all Pern. Well done, all of you. We salute you."

A subdued round of applause swept through the assembled riders and the Weyr's non-riding personnel watching the ceremony. It was short-lived, however, as Benden's Weyrwoman stepped forward to join G'dened.

"M'noral," she ordered, "front and center!" As the young man complied with the summons, Lessa stepped forward to meet him. She carried in her hand a length of fine cord, woven into an intricate knot in the bright orange and black of Ista Weyr.

Reaching the indicated place, he stopped and saluted sharply.

The queenrider smiled and returned the greeting. Stepping directly forward, she kissed the youngster on both cheeks, then affixed the knot to the shoulder of his jacket.

"In recognition of individual initiative and great courage in the face of terrible danger, it is my honor and privilege to designate you the first wingleader of the Queens Support Wing, Ista Weyr. Well Done, M'noral. Well Done, Xanth. Congratulations."

As the Weyrwoman stepped back, the traditional acclimation of "Heard and Witnessed" sounded from the throats of more than twelve hundred riders, echoing from the walls of the crater, Above and around them, the same number of dragons thundered their collective approval.